10-18-17 10:16 AM
664 ... 23456 ...
tools
    That's the result that we got when we do security wipe, it took longer time when all apps that can be uninstalled still there compared when uninstalled. The difference in most cases were quite significant 20-30 minutes secwipe time (uninstalled apps) vs 1-3hrs (depend on the apps installed, saved games might related with it)
    Indeed. I've tried this on my own. When u have no 3rd party installed. It does secwipe a lot faster. And I don't time em. But for sure with 3rd party still installed and data2 still in device memory, it takes more than 1 hour for MY device.

Posted via CB10
    Sator and clie610 like this.
    02-26-14 08:31 PM
    That's the result that we got when we do security wipe, it took longer time when all apps that can be uninstalled still there compared when uninstalled. The difference in most cases were quite significant 20-30 minutes secwipe time (uninstalled apps) vs 1-3hrs (depend on the apps installed, saved games might related with it)

Yep, I'm aware that the secwipe time varies quite a bit, I hadn't personally tested to narrow it down to what factors affected it.

I wish I could find some detailed documentation on exactly how it works.
    02-26-14 08:36 PM
    Yep, I'm aware that the secwipe time varies quite a bit, I hadn't personally tested to narrow it down to what factors affected it.

I wish I could find some detailed documentation on exactly how it works.
    Thanks Omnitech, so do I, it will be good to have certain detailed documentation on how it works.

Logically it will take more time to erase more data, and if the security wipe process is like common security wipe in computers, it might take longer if you choose more secure erase method like how many overwrites will be done.

Anyway, will post it once I have the information.
    HarryDragon likes this.
    02-26-14 09:07 PM
    It's because a security wipe doesn't nuke (rewrite) the disk, only nuke does.
    Security wipe is more a 'removal' of extra data. If there's no data to remove, it theoretically shouldn't do anything other than reset some values. In fact, if you did a nuke -a to start with, the security wipes should be very fast (and unnecessary).
    So there's no problem in doing it 5 times, as it is done here. It won't affect your SSD.
    02-26-14 09:41 PM
    It's because a security wipe doesn't nuke (rewrite) the disk, only nuke does.
    Security wipe is more a 'removal' of extra data. If there's no data to remove, it theoretically shouldn't do anything other than reset some values. In fact, if you did a nuke -a to start with, the security wipes should be very fast (and unnecessary).
    So there's no problem in doing it 5 times, as it is done here. It won't affect your SSD.
    Interesting part for CFP command is that the "nuke" (without -a) command does security wipe on the phone, while the "wipe" command does the wiping and nuke the phone
    Wawan Tea likes this.
    02-26-14 10:48 PM
    Nuke is just a low level format, but in BlackBerry terms. It's writing all sectors to blank.

I think the 5 times is redundant, and I think the security wipe before the LLF is pointless, but it does what it does.

When you delete a file, it's just claimed as free space by the operating system, it deteriorates over time, but it's not a bad idea to get everything out of there.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 11:10 PM
    We need a new leak to test this tool, stat! Honest, I've loaded at least 6-8 leaks on several devices, using various methods (never with the "non destructive" nor OTA yet) of wipe, no wipe, restore, no restore. It would be interesting to test the tool as-is and compare historic results. Might even downgrade and then re-load just for grins to give it a test drive.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, clie610 and Sator like this.
    02-26-14 11:34 PM
    We need a new leak to test this tool, stat! Honest, I've loaded at least 6-8 leaks on several devices, using various methods (never with the "non destructive" nor OTA yet) of wipe, no wipe, restore, no restore. It would be interesting to test the tool as-is and compare historic results. Might even downgrade and then re-load just for grins to give it a test drive.

Posted via CB10
    Haha...we did it already and our finding for restore was not to restore data application, phonebook and remember backed up and restored using fire chest.

Looking forward to hear your review

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 11:39 PM
    Thanks clie610 for the tool !
    I read through all the knowlegeable folks with their expert comments and had a go at using this tool to load 2141 OS onto my device.......it is working pretty well till now, its still early days to comment but i think i like the way this tool goes about its business.
    I was a hybrid freak with the legacy device and did always wonder if one could wipe the device clean on a bb10 device ? I think i have found an answer to that question afterall
    I will post findings later.
    Sator, flyingsolid and clie610 like this.
    02-27-14 12:13 AM
    Thanks clie610 for the tool !
    I read through all the knowlegeable folks with their expert comments and had a go at using this tool to load 2141 OS onto my device.......it is working pretty well till now, its still early days to comment but i think i like the way this tool goes about its business.
    I was a hybrid freak with the legacy device and did always wonder if one could wipe the device clean on a bb10 device ? I think i have found an answer to that question afterall
    I will post findings later.
    Hi Maxx71, great to hear that!
    For sure it will be good to share your findings after the device is settled and well used so that we can all learn result from everybody.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:21 AM
    Hi Maxx71, great to hear that!
    For sure it will be good to share your findings after the device is settled and well used so that we can all learn result from everybody.

Posted via CB10
    Will certainly do that once the device does settle down.
    I have been following the autoloader method earlier with sec. wipe prior to the autoloader and no restore whatsoever. I have had fair results till now, let's hope this new method give me some exceptional results ! Nevertheless, will keep you all posted.
    Sator and clie610 like this.
    02-27-14 12:28 AM
    I have been following the autoloader method earlier with sec. wipe prior to the autoloader and no restore whatsoever. I have had fair results till now, let's hope this new method give me some exceptional results ! Nevertheless, will keep you all posted.
    Hi Maxx71, it's nice to see you here and we'll be happy to hear your feedback.
    02-27-14 07:31 AM
    Looking forward to hear the result that you get Maxx71!
    02-27-14 08:06 AM
    Real novice here at this but how do I get to a command prompt to be able to run nuke -a so I don't have to wipe it 5 times.
    02-27-14 12:42 PM
    Real novice here at this but how do I get to a command prompt to be able to run nuke -a so I don't have to wipe it 5 times.
    for windows base: key win+r and type cmd
    02-27-14 12:46 PM
    Thanks. It won't run the nuke -a command though.
    02-27-14 03:38 PM
    You need to have the cfp tool somewhere in your path or in the directory you are invoking the command from.
    Uzi likes this.
    02-27-14 05:16 PM
    uh sorry...thought you were asking how to open the command prompt. This link also might help http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...31/index6.html
    02-27-14 07:17 PM
    Numbers of problems happened when installing OS using OTA update or autoloader method due to unclean device prior to install.
    Weve tried to develop script of CFP to secwipe and multi wiped your OS10 device before running your selected OS autoloader for your device.

Requirement:
    1.Backup procedure (bblink, darcy, sachesi, fire chest backup, etc)
    2.Autoloader you want to install
    3.SIC multiwipe (this application)

How to use:
    Just install the application to your PC/laptop, connect your device and select the option to wipe our phone. It is recommended to remove device password and to uninstall any applications that can be uninstall in your phone before using this application to shorten the secwipe time.

Once done, run your autoloader and enjoy your clean installed device.

Note:
    1.It was identified during the test that some PCs/laptops antivirus has detecting CFP.exe as false positive, so you might either turn off the antivirus or change permission setting to allow the application running.
    2.It is recommended to NOT restore settings and application data. You can use fire chest backup, intouch contacts etc to restore your phone contacts and remember notes.
    3.This application is not applicable for anybody who are trying to do OTA upgrade, only to install OS using autoloader
    4.Please read carefully the readme file that will popped up once you install the SIC multiwipe so you know what to do and what to expect.
    5. Please don't mirror the download link - thanks

Download link: SIC Multiwipe v1.0 Setup

ADD: we would appreciate your review and findings after using this tool
    Well thanks you very much for this, so I was reading this and saw some skeptics and supporters , so being the kind that like to do some experimental things sometimes I downloaded the above file and put it into action, the process has finished it only took 40 min and I am in the process of setting my device back up to what I like, I will post back in a bit and let you know if it has made any difference or has caused me problems, thanks I will be back.

Posted on my z30 from the best app CB10
    Sator, bungaboy and clie610 like this.
    02-27-14 08:43 PM
    Ok so my first impressions, as I'm still setting up and reloading contacts from an app like contactx, added emails , reloaded apps from BBW , now don't jump down on me, but it's running really smooth and not one hiccup yet, keep in mind it's only been about an hour, could be placebo effect but does seem a little smoother as in when I was in BBM before and putting the keyboard down it was a bit slow or I would have to touch a couple off times, it's a lot more responsive, i will come back once in awhile and let you know how it goes over the next few days compared to just loading a leak with no security wipe and with a wipe I have done both ways.

Sator, clie610 and bungaboy like this.
    02-27-14 09:24 PM
    Ok so my first impressions, as I'm still setting up and reloading contacts from an app like contactx, added emails , reloaded apps from BBW , now don't jump down on me, but it's running really smooth and not one hiccup yet, keep in mind it's only been about an hour, could be placebo effect but does seem a little smoother as in when I was in BBM before and putting the keyboard down it was a bit slow or I would have to touch a couple off times, it's a lot more responsive, i will come back once in awhile and let you know how it goes over the next few days compared to just loading a leak with no security wipe and with a wipe I have done both ways.

Thanks SIff and we're looking forward to hear your feedback.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    02-27-14 09:35 PM
    Today is the D+3 running OS .2142 after wiping w/ SIC, smooth so far, but had WIFI issue with 2143 radio. After reverting radio back to 1926, WIFI issue's solved.

SQN 100-3/2142

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    anon721037, Sator and clie610 like this.
    02-27-14 10:40 PM
    Well thanks you very much for this, so I was reading this and saw some skeptics and supporters , so being the kind that like to do some experimental things sometimes I downloaded the above file and put it into action, the process has finished it only took 40 min and I am in the process of setting my device back up to what I like, I will post back in a bit and let you know if it has made any difference or has caused me problems, thanks I will be back.

Thanks SIff, appreciate your comments (and future comments) you've made based on trying to find out first and not before that.

Sometimes reality differs than theory, especially to Blackberry device that well known in BBOS devices where you can have different results eventhough doing the same steps when installing your OS.
    anon721037 and intprd04 like this.
    02-27-14 10:42 PM
    I should post that I have a Z30 sta100-5 / running 10.2.1.2141 radio 2142

Also would like to mention that this process was actually faster than doing a standard wipe on my device,

UPDATE #1

So after charging all night and going from 6:00am its now 10:00am here, everything is great no problems what so ever, the battery seems to settle in a lot faster, watching the cpu and seeing that it does not spike up as high as it did before,
    I don't know if its placebo from reloading the leak but my device is running really smooth, things seem to be quicker like opening apps and i use to have a bit of screen flicker in my sms when opening it before and that has not come back yet,

One thing i did notice after running SIC was that when i was loading the os back on the autoloader actually took longer than it normally does to load, and was curious if anyone knows if that is because its such a good wipe.
    Last edited by Slff; 02-28-14 at 12:12 PM.
    Sator, zocster and clie610 like this.
    02-27-14 10:44 PM
    I should post that I have a Z30 sta100-5 / running 10.2.1.2141 radio 2142

Also would like to mention that this process was actually faster than doing a standard wipe on my device,

UPDATE #1

So after charging all night and going from 6:00am its now 10:00am here, everything is great no problems what so ever, the battery seems to settle in a lot faster, watching the cpu and seeing that it does not spike up as high as it did before,
    I don't know if its placebo from reloading the leak but my device is running really smooth, things seem to be quicker like opening apps and i use to have a bit of screen flicker in my sms when opening it before and that has not come back yet,

One thing i did notice after running SIC was that when i was loading the os back on the autoloader actually took longer than it normally does to load, and was curious if anyone knows if that is because its such a good wipe.
    Noted for your update on longer time at the loading os back, since for this part I didn't monitor well during the process - thanks!
    02-28-14 02:26 PM
664 ... 23456 ...