10-18-17 10:16 AM
664 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Actually, no. SIC is sending commands to CFP which is an internal tool and the recommendation is made to engineers via the tool's internal help command. So, if they don't use it internally because it may be dangerous on production device, I think it's safe to say that it shouldn't be used by consumers.
    SIC is using cfp.exe not CAP...

Sent from my Z30
    The devil is in detail...
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-02-15 11:11 AM
    The devil is in detail...
    Ain't that the truth
    01-02-15 03:23 PM
    Ain't that the truth
    ah...there you are
    01-02-15 10:08 PM
    Best tools hahaha
    only for people who are intelligent, willing to learn and appreciate a great work

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yoppi_fatal1ty; 01-02-15 at 11:02 PM.
    Sator likes this.
    01-02-15 10:23 PM
    It's a command line tool. That's why you get a command line window (not a DOS box).

This is very common for utilities such as this. Keep in mind the CFP command was not intended to be used by your average user.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    I understand that, I just wanted to make sure that the guy who couldn't get it to run wasn't trying to use dosbox to run it. Must have been just bad terminology.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1949
    01-03-15 11:46 AM
    It's a command line tool. That's why you get a command line window (not a DOS box).

This is very common for utilities such as this. Keep in mind the CFP command was not intended to be used by your average user.

totally agree that the codings , commands etc are not intended to be used by an avg. user.
    but the app itself is pretty much simple and friendly no? it's just like double-clicking to run an auto loader process...

so many respected persons in here and we have 50/50 situation, for and against, well, not actually against, but not recommended to be used / or use it at your own risk.
    clie610 likes this.
    01-03-15 01:06 PM
    totally agree that the codings , commands etc are not intended to be used by an avg. user.
    but the app itself is pretty much simple and friendly no? it's just like double-clicking to run an auto loader process...

so many respected persons in here and we have 50/50 situation, for and against, well, not actually against, but not recommended to be used / or use it at your own risk.
    People coming into the developer's thread simply to post against SIC shouldn't be respected. That said, I'm not a promoter of wiping as a general rule. My feelings on the app vs cfp I've post elsewhere.
    01-03-15 02:12 PM

I don't use the process myself because I could not get a clear explanation of why the wipe is performed 3 times, and how that is "better" than the wipe performed by an Autoloader or a security wipe. My requests for details were...dismissed, so I decided to drop it and decided to not use a process that couldn't be explained in detail.

You should always be cautious of and understand you are using at your own risk something someone posts on a fan site, versus something officially from BlackBerry. This goes for Autoloaders, this multi-wipe process, etc...

That being said a lot of people swear by this multi-wipe process so there probably is something to it. It just comes down to personal presence of risk versus reward.

01-03-15 02:16 PM
    I don't use the process myself because I could not get a clear explanation of why the wipe is performed 3 times, and how that is "better" than the wipe performed by an Autoloader or a security wipe. My requests for details were...dismissed, so I decided to drop it and decided to not use a process that couldn't be explained in detail.

You should always be cautious of and understand you are using at your own risk something someone posts on a fan site, versus something officially from BlackBerry. This goes for Autoloaders, this multi-wipe process, etc...

That being said a lot of people swear by this multi-wipe process so there probably is something to it. It just comes down to personal presence of risk versus reward.

5 times
    clie610 likes this.
    01-03-15 02:19 PM
    5 times
    Clearly my memory is not 100% then if it wipes 5 times. :-)

clie610 likes this.
    01-03-15 03:08 PM
    Hi hieupham nice to see you here...
    FYI I've been using SIC more than a year and my phones are still performing very good. We have almost 40 people as our testers and their phones are still alive and kicking...

Sent from my Z30
    Then what is the difference SIC wipe or wipe multiwipe with existing in outoloader? Why do you make something like this
    01-05-15 04:36 AM
    Then what is the difference SIC wipe or wipe multiwipe with existing in outoloader? Why do you make something like this
    Hi it's been explained in the first few pages

Posted via CB10
    clie610 and Sator like this.
    01-05-15 04:38 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I'm an Italian Blackberry owner and lover....
    I get two Bold 9790 ...the First is Wind Italy Carrier and the second no Carrier....
    well ...on the second (bought new from Amazon) I've some problems....
    and I would test sic Multiwipe on it......

any advice for me ?
    thanks
    01-07-15 02:48 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I'm an Italian Blackberry owner and lover....
    I get two Bold 9790 ...the First is Wind Italy Carrier and the second no Carrier....
    well ...on the second (bought new from Amazon) I've some problems....
    and I would test sic Multiwipe on it......

any advice for me ?
    thanks
    Guess it doesn't work on bbos devices but I had seen a post in this forum, he had told him could sicwiped own devices. If you don't worry about your device think you should do it.

If it doesn't matter any changes you have got to try bbsak

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 03:20 PM
    Thanks for your answer Hazary,
    I've just tryed bbsak and nothing is changed....

I worry for my 9790.....
    01-07-15 05:40 PM
    Thanks for your answer Hazary,
    I've just tryed bbsak and nothing is changed....

I worry for my 9790.....
    You need to start a thread in the 9790 forum, with details of your problem. Wiping in my opinion is a solution of last resort, and nothing I'd recommend without knowing what your issue is.
    01-07-15 05:52 PM
    You need to start a thread in the 9790 forum, with details of your problem. Wiping in my opinion is a solution of last resort, and nothing I'd recommend without knowing what your issue is.
    thanks...thanks....
    iussue is that there isn't NFC funcion in homescreen banner anyway....
    (alt+lglg) says something about that but I don't understand
    which's error....

01-08-15 09:36 AM
    Sorry, but i have to jump in here :

the 3 or 5 overwrite cycles done by SIC ( as v1.3 STILL ONLY erasing the
    2nd Secure Device area ) are NOT recommend !!!

1. A single overwrite is adequate for all current magnetic hard drives.
    It has never been as easy to recover information from drives as people have claimed.

2. You can't erase BBs internal NVRAM flash drives completely simply by overwriting them !
    There are still data fragments of "halffilled" NVRAM cells left after a erase.
    You'll wear them out with overwrites long before you actually overwrite all the data.
    NVRAM has a lifespan of 3000 writes per cell, but is getting better every year.

A "CFP.exe nuke -a" command is the only one someone need if a device is gone corrupt or something similar has happened. This command is similar to a ATA Secure Erase command, the drive erases its "Flash Translation Layer" table, and other internal data structures, and marks all NVRAM as free'd. This should be enough at all.

The only way you can be absolutely sure is to encrypt the data on the NVRAM in the first place, so that you don't care fragments are left around undeleted.

So please, please don't kill your NVRAM by multiwiping !
    hazary, tryfe and muindor like this.
    01-10-15 05:07 PM
    You say it was a little shock for rom or something else?

From Leonardo DiCaprio's BlackBerry
    01-10-15 06:03 PM

It has never been as easy to recover information from drives as people have claimed.

2. You can't erase BBs internal NVRAM flash drives completely simply by overwriting them !
    You'll wear them out with overwrites long before you actually overwrite all the data.

A "CFP.exe nuke -a" command is the only one someone need if a device is gone corrupt or something similar has happened. This command is similar to a ATA Secure Erase command, the drive erases its "Flash Translation Layer" table, and other internal data structures, and marks all NVRAM as free'd. This should be enough at all.

The only way you can be absolutely sure is to encrypt the data on the NVRAM in the first place, so that you don't care fragments are left around undeleted.

So are you actually saying that a security wipe (the one in the settings) is enough? Than run autoloader and perhaps another security wipe after that?

Posted via CB10 - Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.1.1949
    01-10-15 06:54 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory

Sent from my Z30
    clie610 likes this.
    01-10-15 07:08 PM

Interesting to see somebody specially create a CB account for only did 1 post like this which has no reference whatsoever.
    01-11-15 11:18 AM
    Interesting to see somebody specially create a CB account for only did 1 post like this which has no reference whatsoever.
    Very interesting indeed....

Sent from my Passport
    01-11-15 08:33 PM
    SIC Multiwipe isn't working when I connect my classic
    01-12-15 12:11 PM
    SIC Multiwipe isn't working when I connect my classic
    Thanks for using SIC Multiwipe. We haven't include input for Classic in the latest SIC because the current CFP.exe that we are using (3.10.0.57) is not configured for Classic. We will need CFP version 3.11.0.14 to be able to have SIC Multiwipe (and Multiwipe n Load) supporting Classic.

So we would very appreciate if anybody be kind enough to share us CFP 3.11.0.14 (or above) when they have it.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-12-15 12:29 PM
664 ... 1819202122 ...