06-24-18 10:40 AM
665 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I have the two blinking red lights, and I have the autoloader specific to my cell (Q10) still connected to my pc. As of now my pc does not show my cell phone.
    Run the autoloader

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-24-14 11:43 PM
    Run the autoloader

When I click on the file nothing happens. Is there a special way to run the autoloader?
    11-24-14 11:50 PM
    Run the autoloader

The autoloader I'm using is, Q10-10.3.1.1154.7z
    11-24-14 11:55 PM
    The autoloader I'm using is, Q10-10.3.1.1154.7z
    You have to extract using win-rar, winzip or something similar
    Last edited by zocster; 11-25-14 at 02:32 PM.
    11-24-14 11:59 PM
    I've done that and it said file successfully unpacked or unzipped. After that nothing happens. Now my cell keeps blinking red. Should I try BlackBerry Link?
    Last edited by zocster; 11-25-14 at 02:33 PM.
    11-25-14 12:22 AM
    I've done that, I get the message unpacked successfully. Should I try BlackBerry Link?
    Played with it and it's loading os, wanted to get this done before I went to sleep.
    Last edited by zocster; 11-25-14 at 02:33 PM. Reason: got autoloader running
    clie610 likes this.
    11-25-14 12:25 AM
    Seriously, if you can't master the fine art of handling compressed files, you probably shouldn't be allowed to work with sharp objects...let alone alter the software on a BlackBerry.
    11-25-14 12:34 AM
    I've done that, I get the message unpacked successfully. Should I try BlackBerry Link?
    Played with it and it's loading os, wanted to get this done before I went to sleep.
    You just need to go to the folder where it was unpacked and run the autoloader (the one with .exe file)
    11-25-14 12:35 AM
    Seriously, if you can't master the fine art of handling compressed files, you probably shouldn't be allowed to work with sharp objects...let alone alter the software on a BlackBerry.
    Seriously? It may have taken me longer than it takes you to do this, and you know what that's ok. No one got hurt, and I'm now running one of the latest and greatest leaks on my fabulous Blackberry Q10. So excuse me. If you don't mind I'm going to make a donation. Have a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    Sator, clie610 and Simon Bland like this.
    11-25-14 07:34 AM
    Seriously? It may have taken me longer than it takes you to do this, and you know what that's ok. No one got hurt, and I'm now running one of the latest and greatest leaks on my fabulous Blackberry Q10. So excuse me. If you don't mind I'm going to make a donation. Have a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your continues support to SIC, please ignore any comments degrading others in this forum since sometime people don't understand what they were talking about and to whom....enjoy your Q10!
    world saviour and lawguyman like this.
    11-25-14 10:31 AM
    Praise be mastah
    11-25-14 11:54 AM
    Thank you for useful applications, and I greatly appreciate. I think so far I install the OS, the SIC method wipe or not the result is the same, there is no marked difference.

Sent from the other side of the country
    11-25-14 02:12 PM
    If SIC still uses "erase" commands, it should be avoided at all costs. The results are unpredictable on retail devices. Take BlackBerry's word for it.
    Please BE CAREFUL! If you don't know exactly what you are doing, use WIPE
    This command is not fully functional on secure devices
    11-26-14 08:27 AM
    Is it normal for this program to perform 7 wipes? i'm running sic multiwipes and it is performing the 7th wipe right now. Dos box says connecting for Nuke.

pls help.

edit: okay, maybe i understood it wrong, because dos box is now saying "first wipe" after 3 hours and which i thought were 8 wipes. i don't understand...
    Last edited by dibbis; 12-28-14 at 01:22 PM.
    12-28-14 12:46 PM
    Is it normal for this program to perform 7 wipes?
    One wipe would be enough, but to show its awesomeness this tool does multiple wipes.

posted via CB10 on a Z10
    Grzesiek Godlewski likes this.
    12-28-14 01:36 PM
    Is it normal for this program to perform 7 wipes? i'm running sic multiwipes and it is performing the 7th wipe right now. Dos box says connecting for Nuke.

pls help.

edit: okay, maybe i understood it wrong, because dos box is now saying "first wipe" after 3 hours and which i thought were 8 wipes. i don't understand...
    I've never used this tool, but I have downloaded it and taken a quick look at it, my question is, why are you using dos box? It should be compatible with any version of windows, dos box is mainly for 16 bit or older apps.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-28-14 01:41 PM
    If SIC still uses "erase" commands, it should be avoided at all costs. The results are unpredictable on retail devices. Take BlackBerry's word for it.
    so do I understand correctly that IT IS BEST TO AVOID USING THIS APP? and instead more safe to use the SECURITY WIPE via Settings option in the Phone?

Frankly speaking, I have been using this app (ver 1.2) on various Z10, Q10 (all retail versions) and no problems or what-so-ever happened to me, but reading your comment makes me wonder.
    01-02-15 03:14 AM
    so do I understand correctly that IT IS BEST TO AVOID USING THIS APP? and instead more safe to use the SECURITY WIPE via Settings option in the Phone?

Frankly speaking, I have been using this app (ver 1.2) on various Z10, Q10 (all retail versions) and no problems or what-so-ever happened to me, but reading your comment makes me wonder.
    I think it's been discussed at few first pages this app don't harm our device

Safe to use

Posted via CB10
    hieupham and Sator like this.
    01-02-15 03:16 AM

Hi hieupham nice to see you here...
    FYI I've been using SIC more than a year and my phones are still performing very good. We have almost 40 people as our testers and their phones are still alive and kicking...

Sent from my Z30
    hieupham likes this.
    01-02-15 04:53 AM

BlackBerry says the command is unreliable and should be avoided. You can make your own decision. It's your phone.
    hieupham and mainely_linux like this.
    01-02-15 07:33 AM
    Hi hieupham nice to see you here...
    FYI I've been using SIC more than a year and my phones are still performing very good. We have almost 40 people as our testers and their phones are still alive and kicking...

Sent from my Z30
    BlackBerry says the command is unreliable and should be avoided. You can make your own decision. It's your phone.
    I think it's been discussed at few first pages this app don't harm our device

Safe to use

Posted via CB10
    thnx for the reply , so many respected persons in here
    the opinions and feedbacks of yours are all important to me.

I have been using the app for quite bit of devices and all performed nicely, even my friend that uses his and his wifes Q10 liked the device - as the most winning point is that it wipes way faster than the in-device wipe option (that takes like 20-30 mins).
    For me it's a great option, 3rd party app to have aside from the super long-time in-device wipping.

My personal view is that Blackberry's not recommending using this App is that it's a 3rd party one and just to prevent any un-wanted consequences. I mean, if the device gets bricked or what-so-ever, BBry will not be taking responsibilities of the incident.

But the fact that this App wipes so much faster (like multiple times faster) than the in-device setting amazes me, why cannot BBry just inherit something like this and saves us tons of time.
    Legal Eagle, Sator and clie610 like this.
    01-02-15 07:59 AM
    My personal view is that Blackberry's not recommending using this App is that it's a 3rd party one and just to prevent any un-wanted consequences. I mean, if the device gets bricked or what-so-ever, BBry will not be taking responsibilities of the incident.
    Actually, no. SIC is sending commands to CFP which is an internal tool and the recommendation is made to engineers via the tool's internal help command. So, if they don't use it internally because it may be dangerous on production device, I think it's safe to say that it shouldn't be used by consumers.
    Last edited by ofutur; 01-02-15 at 09:22 AM. Reason: oh yeah, CFP
    BigBadWulf and hieupham like this.
    01-02-15 08:09 AM
    thnx for the reply , so many respected persons in here
    the opinions and feedbacks of yours are all important to me.

I have been using the app for quite bit of devices and all performed nicely, even my friend that uses his and his wifes Q10 liked the device - as the most winning point is that it wipes way faster than the in-device wipe option (that takes like 20-30 mins).
    For me it's a great option, 3rd party app to have aside from the super long-time in-device wipping.

But the fact that this App wipes so much faster (like multiple times faster) than the in-device setting amazes me, why cannot BBry just inherit something like this and saves us tons of time.
    They do. It's called cfp, and what's behind the curtain here. You're trying to compare two distinctly different wipes, security and full device.
    hieupham likes this.
    01-02-15 08:13 AM
    I've never used this tool, but I have downloaded it and taken a quick look at it, my question is, why are you using dos box? It should be compatible with any version of windows, dos box is mainly for 16 bit or older apps.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    It's a command line tool. That's why you get a command line window (not a DOS box).

This is very common for utilities such as this. Keep in mind the CFP command was not intended to be used by your average user.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-02-15 08:28 AM
    Actually, no. SIC is sending commands to CAP which is an internal tool and the recommendation is made to engineers via the tool's internal help command. So, if they don't use it internally because it may be dangerous on production device, I think it's safe to say that it shouldn't be used by consumers.
    SIC is using cfp.exe not CAP...

Sent from my Z30
    deezy87 likes this.
    01-02-15 09:17 AM
665 ... 1718192021 ...