10-18-17 10:16 AM
664 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Can you give us more information? like what device are you using and which step were it stops and say complete? perhaps some screenshot will help to find out where you had that problem.
    I'm using a Win8 desktop Z30, when I click next and start wiping, it just wipes within seconds and says its complete.

I used my laptop - win7 works perfectly, so I'm assuming its Windows 8 giving me problems
    03-22-14 09:47 AM
    I'm using a Win8 desktop Z30, when I click next and start wiping, it just wipes within seconds and says its complete.

I used my laptop - win7 works perfectly, so I'm assuming its Windows 8 giving me problems
    Ok, great to hear that! Perhaps you are using windows 8.0, our tester using windows 8.1 and it is running well with SIC.

Welcome to experience the new way of loading your OS and hope you can feel the difference
    03-22-14 09:57 AM
    Thanks for your post, I don't have technical answer for you, several issues happened when user wants to run CFP.exe because it is detected (false positively in our opinion) as virus/malware.

The CFP.exe is a command line programmer software developed by Blackberry so I think it is safe for us to use it.

We don't have any knowledge to alter the cfp.exe content and if you have read several posts back, hash test have been done to test whether the cfp.exe compiled in SIC Multiwipe tool has identical result with the original one people used (please see post #241)

Hope this can help answers your concern
    I appreciate the quick reply, but it DOES NOT answer my concern. I've tried a different version of CFP and it worked without problems and without being detected as a "false positive". Not to mention no trojan's masked as dlls appearing inside my computer.

I'm not trying to be rude or unappreciative. I'm not even saying its your fault. The idea of the suite is great and useful.

But sort this out, please. Replace the CFP with a different version etc.
    03-22-14 05:29 PM
    I appreciate the quick reply, but it DOES NOT answer my concern. I've tried a different version of CFP and it worked without problems and without being detected as a "false positive". Not to mention no trojan's masked as dlls appearing inside my computer.

I'm not trying to be rude or unappreciative. I'm not even saying its your fault. The idea of the suite is great and useful.

After some other people reported this malware detection earlier in this thread, I asked other posters here to test the cfp.exe file and it appears to be genuine. I already checked the version of cfp.exe I had here (it is a utility designed by Blackberry for internal use) and it passed the tests as of the time I tested it. Another user did a file checksum on the copy of cfp.exe bundled with this tool and it was identical to the one I have, so I doubt that is the source of any problem.

However, Eset may be detecting this wplugin.dll file that you mentioned, or it may be using heuristic or "behavioural" detection methods that do not use a file hash/pattern but which look for certain kinds of software activity that seems "suspicious".

If you are able to grab a copy of this wplugin.dll file - probably would have to temporarily disable "on-access" scanning in Eset and copy it from the quarantine - you can upload it to www.virustotal.com and it will be checked by ~40 current antivirus detection engines and we can see if that file itself is actually a known problem.

So this could be either a false detection, or it could be mostly picking up something "suspicious" from some other component of the tool that they use to compile their GUI app. (ie the wplugin.dll file)

Interestingly, the previous detection someone noted was also by Eset. So it may be that Eset is "touchier" on this detection than some other A/V vendors. You may want to submit the tool to them as a possible false detection and see what they say.
    redchilli88 likes this.
    03-22-14 06:14 PM

We've tested. With lower cfp. v 10.3.0.22 without being detected as a "false positive", unfortunately the result was not as good as v.10.3.0.47, hopefully we can find a higher cfp. Version (.55 or higher) in the near future.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    03-23-14 12:37 AM
    Nice little tool, just in time for loading all that new OS
    Glad I found this thread
    Sator and clie610 like this.
    03-29-14 11:59 PM
    Usually, how many minutes before it completes wiping? It's on 2nd wiping now but it's already an hour that had passed.
    03-30-14 02:06 AM
    Usually, how many minutes before it completes wiping? It's on 2nd wiping now but it's already an hour that had passed.
    Security wipe should be be the one which takes the longest time during the wipe process (1/2 - 2 hours) depends on the amount of data in your device.

What device are you using? if it is Z10, then you have to press the power button (turn on the phone) to continue the next process
    Sator likes this.
    03-30-14 03:58 AM
    will try the new version

thanks clie610

Posted via CB10
    clie610 likes this.
    03-30-14 09:23 AM
    SIC Multiwipe v 1.1. has been released, http://www.mediafire.com/download/rg...1e/SIC_1.1.rar

please see first page
    Last edited by clie610; 03-30-14 at 09:57 AM.
    03-30-14 09:24 AM
    SIC Multiwipe v 1.1. has been released, SIC_1.1

please see first page
    This app has been proven a lifesaver for me. Tried to revive a bricked 9900 after countless times using BBSAK & autoloader, but failed miserably (device couldn't be detected, went to reboot loop, etc). But then I remembered this app, all the while thinking it would only work on BB10 devices (coz it says there SIC Multiwipe for BB10), and went ahead. To my surprise, it worked flawlessly. Wiped clean the device, and successfully loaded the OS.

I just found out that the app also works for BBOS after I searched this forum and saw the subject of this thread. But oh well, all back to normal now.

Deepest gratitude to SIC Team for such a powerful app. You guys rock!
    Sator and clie610 like this.
    04-09-14 03:47 AM
    I gave SIC a try even though I was under the impression it may not make any difference.

Well, there surely is difference when it comes to the response of the phone. It surely runs smooth with no lags which others have mentioned.
    clie610, cloudberry and Sator like this.
    04-09-14 09:31 AM
    I gave SIC a try even though I was under the impression it may not make any difference.

Well, there surely is difference when it comes to the response of the phone. It surely runs smooth with no lags which others have mentioned.
    how many hours after you installed this?
    It gets better after the OS is 'settled'

Sent from my N986D using CB Forums mobile app
    04-09-14 11:11 AM
    how many hours after you installed this?
    It gets better after the OS is 'settled'

Sent from my N986D using CB Forums mobile app
    Noticed this within an hour, compared to how it behaved with the earlier install using autoloader without SIC.

From my experience, one has to try it to see the difference.
    04-09-14 12:07 PM
    Apologies don't mean to highjack your thread clie610, not exactly off-topic.

Xsacha/Omnitech/thurask if I want to use cfp to nuke the device do I just run the following in command: /wherever/wherever/cfp.exe nuke [-a]

Do I need to point the command to the phone or its not needed, once connected to the usb?

And thurask by any chance do you have the latest cfp on your bitcasa?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 01:22 PM
    Apologies don't mean to highjack your thread clie610, not exactly off-topic.

Xsacha/Omnitech/thurask if I want to use cfp to nuke the device do I just run the following in command: /wherever/wherever/cfp.exe nuke [-a]

Do I need to point the command to the phone or its not needed, once connected to the usb?

And thurask by any chance do you have the latest cfp on your bitcasa?

Posted via CB10
    Be my guest Sayf777, about the method to clean your device I might say it is off topic because we use different way to do it and any discussion to compare the result when using different method might be better in separate thread.

While for the CFP, if there is newer one that can help everyone of us here to have better result and since we also use CFP to run our tool, I can agree with you and very appreciate to Thurask or anyone who has it when they don't mind to share it with us here.
    sayf777 and Sator like this.
    04-09-14 02:39 PM
    I want to use sic wipe so later on I can use a autoloader and have a clean BlackBerry 10 phone but I was wondering if it's ok to restore the settings ( I really want to restore settings so I can keep my "word predictions " the reason is that I have a different language and after using my BlackBerry 10 so much it just kinda integrated in the keyboard and now I don't need to type every thing but only swiping so yeah I don't want to re type all the time it took to get used to it I just want it to stay the same) the reason I want to even clean my phone is that it's getting buggy and "full" without even having apps :/ so yeah. Any help / tips / suggestions or even whining is welcome xD :P thnx

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 03:35 PM
    I want to use sic wipe so later on I can use a autoloader and have a clean BlackBerry 10 phone but I was wondering if it's ok to restore the settings ( I really want to restore settings so I can keep my "word predictions " the reason is that I have a different language and after using my BlackBerry 10 so much it just kinda integrated in the keyboard and now I don't need to type every thing but only swiping so yeah I don't want to re type all the time it took to get used to it I just want it to stay the same) the reason I want to even clean my phone is that it's getting buggy and "full" without even having apps :/ so yeah. Any help / tips / suggestions or even whining is welcome xD :P thnx

Posted via CB10
    Thanks to following it up here

What SIC provided is a clean space for you to install your OS, how you treat your clean OS later will influence the result.

For my STl1, I even did full restore and have no problem because I didn't have any issues previously with my older OS.
    However, I can recommend that it will be better to do clean install and restore your contacts and Remember notes using 3rd party application such as fire chest backup.

The bottom line is that, it is recommended to restore your setting/data using 'clouds' 3rd party application, and as far as my expereince it will be okay to restore only Settings in your case if you know you didn't have any issue with your contacts and words prediction from Z10 keyboard in your earlier OS.
    04-14-14 03:53 PM
    SIC Multiwipe v 1.1. has been released, SIC_1.1

please see first page
    What's new in this version, the first one worked great for myself.

Also want to add I did this when it was pretty new to release, and it has made my device really smooth , I've only done it once after loading a bunch of leaks so I thought I would give it a good wipe and that's exactly what this does, I've since loaded the new leaks and I still notice that it's quite smooth ,

One question well may be second.

How often should a person do this to there device.
    redchilli88 likes this.
    04-14-14 07:53 PM
    Thanks to following it up here

What SIC provided is a clean space for you to install your OS, how you treat your clean OS later will influence the result.

For my STl1, I even did full restore and have no problem because I didn't have any issues previously with my older OS.
    However, I can recommend that it will be better to do clean install and restore your contacts and Remember notes using 3rd party application such as fire chest backup.

The bottom line is that, it is recommended to restore your setting/data using 'clouds' 3rd party application, and as far as my expereince it will be okay to restore only Settings in your case if you know you didn't have any issue with your contacts and words prediction from Z10 keyboard in your earlier OS.
    Where can I find this "clouds" app?? Which one of these apps is it?? Or where can I find it??

SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader-img_20140414_210022.png

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 09:00 PM
    Where can I find this "clouds" app?? Which one of these apps is it?? Or where can I find it??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140414_210022.png 
Views:	1556 
Size:	205.3 KB 
ID:	263180

Posted via CB10
    I mean like fire chest backup that can backup your contact, remember, documents in the cloud server, contactX to backup your contact etc.

I don't see any application that can backup saved predictive input though.
    04-14-14 11:43 PM
    What's new in this version, the first one worked great for myself.

Also want to add I did this when it was pretty new to release, and it has made my device really smooth , I've only done it once after loading a bunch of leaks so I thought I would give it a good wipe and that's exactly what this does, I've since loaded the new leaks and I still notice that it's quite smooth ,

One question well may be second.

How often should a person do this to there device.
    This new version incorporate input from xsacha and thurask actually, so that the nuke process can be done in shorter time but we preserve the result like we have with the first version.

I/we always use SIC when reloading OSes, so we forgot how many times we were using SIC these past weeks, sometimes we use it twice in a day

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    04-15-14 02:28 AM
    Normally...Everytime I upgrade to newer OS...but one time because of the corrupted OS made me do it 8times in a day
    anon721037 likes this.
    04-15-14 02:55 AM

If you are able to grab a copy of this wplugin.dll file - probably would have to temporarily disable "on-access" scanning in Eset and copy it from the quarantine - you can upload it to www.virustotal.com and it will be checked by ~40 current antivirus detection engines and we can see if that file itself is actually a known problem.
    Did anyone manage to do this already?

No offence against your work clie

Update: Sorry done it myself and here:

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 263366

Lol should I be worried? :/

Update2: My bad image not showing.
    Last edited by sayf777; 04-16-14 at 12:48 PM.
    04-15-14 12:57 PM
    Did anyone manage to do this already?

No offence against your work clie

Posted via CB10
    No problem Sayf, you might not need to ask that question if you have tried version 1.1
    04-15-14 01:11 PM
664 ... 1112131415 ...