06-24-14 11:27 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    ART should actually simplify things for BlackBerry as apps are compiled at install time, so they will use the right registers, libraries and optimisation flags instead of having to be mapped like they are now.

And Android apps biggest problem, after the missing GFS and dev support, has to be the way notifications are implemented. The way it doesn't integrate that well into the Hub for all installed apps and the fact that we can't take actions straight from the Hub. Those messages are not emails and each one should be dynamically resized and be interactive, just like the notification drawer works on Android. It's still early days and things have improved over 10.2.1 which is only good for run once apps, but let's hope they keep working on integration.

"Snap" is the best stop-gap solution for Android apps while we wait for BlackBerry to get its act together...
    That's good to me able ART.

Notifications can be improved but they work, even if they show up looking like emails.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:11 AM
    Although I agree ANY emulation or similar tricks of the sort of Android running on top of another OS is always going to be slightly slower ... the video to others than you does NOT speak for itself!

Some things you haven't declared.

N4 - which specific build is it running and is it a homebrew or downloadable OTHER than being shipped as stock or upgraded via WiFi from the current stock? Also is this is not one of the hundreds of builds done by some pro from XDA Developers?!

Versions of the applications you've shown.
    - we done know the versions on Android can be automatically updated probably before doing the test and naturally, potentially ignored and cleared of alerts by you (maybe low on time). This cannot be done on BB10 without going through the manual side load process.

Fresh boot performance.
    - BOTH devices should've been shown to be booted into their respected OS from cold start and then run.

That all said the Z30 is at a severe disadvantage ... Quad-Core vs Dual-Core and YES this makes a HUGE difference in this example vs dual core GPU vs Quad-Core GPU respectively (N4 vs Z30).
    05-20-14 04:48 PM
    Although I agree ANY emulation or similar tricks of the sort of Android running on top of another OS is always going to be slightly slower ... the video to others than you does NOT speak for itself!

Some things you haven't declared.

N4 - which specific build is it running and is it a homebrew or downloadable OTHER than being shipped as stock or upgraded via WiFi from the current stock? Also is this is not one of the hundreds of builds done by some pro from XDA Developers?!

Versions of the applications you've shown.
    - we done know the versions on Android can be automatically updated probably before doing the test and naturally, potentially ignored and cleared of alerts by you (maybe low on time). This cannot be done on BB10 without going through the manual side load process.

Fresh boot performance.
    - BOTH devices should've been shown to be booted into their respected OS from cold start and then run.

That all said the Z30 is at a severe disadvantage ... Quad-Core vs Dual-Core and YES this makes a HUGE difference in this example vs dual core GPU vs Quad-Core GPU respectively (N4 vs Z30).
    The Nexus is stock OTA KitKat. Never rooted. The installs on both devices were about a week old.

Both were fresh boots and app versions were identical with one exception. Cut the Rope 2 on the Nexus was from Play and on the Z30 it was from Amazon. That bothered me after the fact so I switched it. It didn't change the outcome. It still loaded much faster on the Nexus.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:52 PM
    I've installed the 10.3.0.700 sdk os and runtime.

There are no speed improvements as far as I can tell.

I have not found any compatibility improvements either. The one or two apps that didn't work before still don't work.

There are multitasking improvements. There are fewer crashes when minimizing. Still, there are delays when resuming.

I think this still needs a lot of work if Android will be the source of most of our apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:27 AM
79 ... 234