03-10-14 12:40 AM
32 12
tools
    Doing a "clean" install using an autoloader will clear your data.

But that is what backups are for.

BlackBerry Link is the usual way to do a device backup. Make sure you select "all" items and make sure it completes successfully before you take that step. You may even want to do a second backup in case there is some problem with the first one, if the data is very critical.

I also use a 3rd-party app called Contact-X to separately back up my contacts, just in case.

And SMS Backup by Epic Windmill to backup SMS messages.

There are apps to backup Remember notes as well.

These are more necessary with BB10 because Link does not allow backups or restores of single data components, other than 3 general categories.
    Thanks! This is very helpful!
    I'll try this as soon as I can, and will update you whatever the results are!

Anyways, about the my previous drain I mentioned for a few times now. It did happen again after unplugging the charger. What I did was charge the phone again for a few minutes 'til it's full. My battery reading is still 100, but when I open the device monitor, it shows 98.

Edit: Nvm, the indicator caught up in a few minutes. I've also switched to a black wallpaper just to see how things will go
    Edit2: after a few minutes, the drain is still the same. Reverted to my old wallpaper.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GaleWindsar; 02-26-14 at 05:42 PM.
    02-26-14 05:21 PM
    Thanks! This is very helpful!
    I'll try this as soon as I can, and will update you whatever the results are!

If the contacts are the only data on the device that you need to retain, I would consider NOT doing a restore after the install using an autoloader, and just restore contacts saved via Contact-X. If that doesn't work, you can always restore your BlackBerry Link backup.

But since sometimes a restore will perpetuate prior problems into the new install, I would try that method first. You will have to re-setup your email and social media accounts, re-install any apps you had, and any app-specific data will be lost. (ie game scores, bookmarks, etc.)

The nice thing is that your BlackBerry ID retains info about any purchased apps, so when you go into BlackBerry World your previously downloaded apps (whether free or paid) will show up in the "available" column.

Also, one of the first things I would do after the initial boot setup sequence is go to BlackBerry World, select "Check for Updates", it will show several updated apps. First update BlackBerry World itself (it will close during the update, open it again after a couple of minutes), then update all the native apps listed as "Update Available", then you can start installing your 3rd-party apps. (However: see below)

Oh, and I suggest that you baseline the OS battery life BEFORE you start installing any 3rd-party apps, so you know how it is "plain". And remember that it can take anywhere from 8 hours to 2-3 days for an autoloader-installed OS to "settle down" to normal battery consumption. There are some initial housekeeping processes that run for a while at the beginning, so keep a charger handy because the initial battery drain will be high.
    02-26-14 08:09 PM
    If the contacts are the only data on the device that you need to retain, I would consider NOT doing a restore after the install using an autoloader, and just restore contacts saved via Contact-X. If that doesn't work, you can always restore your BlackBerry Link backup.

But since sometimes a restore will perpetuate prior problems into the new install, I would try that method first. You will have to re-setup your email and social media accounts, re-install any apps you had, and any app-specific data will be lost. (ie game scores, bookmarks, etc.)

The nice thing is that your BlackBerry ID retains info about any purchased apps, so when you go into BlackBerry World your previously downloaded apps (whether free or paid) will show up in the "available" column.

Also, one of the first things I would do after the initial boot setup sequence is go to BlackBerry World, select "Check for Updates", it will show several updated apps. First update BlackBerry World itself (it will close during the update, open it again after a couple of minutes), then update all the native apps listed as "Update Available", then you can start installing your 3rd-party apps. (However: see below)

Oh, and I suggest that you baseline the OS battery life BEFORE you start installing any 3rd-party apps, so you know how it is "plain". And remember that it can take anywhere from 8 hours to 2-3 days for an autoloader-installed OS to "settle down" to normal battery consumption. There are some initial housekeeping processes that run for a while at the beginning, so keep a charger handy because the initial battery drain will be high.
    Contacts are all that I need.

Can I reload my OS using BlackBerry Link?
    Since I'm new and not pretty sure how to use an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:40 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=895151

Via CB Rockin Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141 /2142 Radio
    02-26-14 09:33 PM
    Contacts are all that I need.

Can I reload my OS using BlackBerry Link?
    Since I'm new and not pretty sure how to use an autoloader.

Yes, it will offer you the latest official OS offered by your carrier.

According to Sachesi, for Globe Telecom and the Q10 model SQN100-3, that is OS version 10.2.1.1925, Software Release 10.2.1.537. Looks like the same version you are using now.

Personally I would go with version 10.2.1.2141, but you can update to that later if you like.

Don't forget to make your backups.
    02-26-14 09:39 PM
    Yes, it will offer you the latest official OS offered by your carrier.

According to Sachesi, for Globe Telecom and the Q10 model SQN100-3, that is OS version 10.2.1.1925, Software Release 10.2.1.537. Looks like the same version you are using now.

Personally I would go with version 10.2.1.2141, but you can update to that later if you like.

Don't forget to make your backups.

I still haven't upgraded to .2141

but the other day, I was able to get 1day+ worth of juice.
    but that was on light usage, I only did minimal texting.

today, I think it lasted for 12 hours?
    with moderate texting + moderate gaming.

I do believe I'm getting better juice from my battery,
    it seems the problem is based on my connections when I'm surfing.

I'll see how things will go
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-02-14 03:48 AM
    I just upgraded to .2141 for like 2days now. OTA.
    But it seems the battery ain't improving.

My display consumption is high even if I'm not watching any videos. Dunno what will be the effect of a black wallpaper. But I'm trying it rn.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:40 AM
32 12