10-21-13 10:09 AM
43 12
tools
    I did back up but i want to downgrade to my official OS instead of leak

Posted via CB10
    So....you have taken the plunge already?
    10-20-13 08:33 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:34 AM
    I just installed the leak can i go back to official OS

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can, if you use BlackBerry Link you go to preferences and then Reload and it will reload the latest OS available from your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:42 AM
    I just installed the leak can i go back to official OS

Posted via CB10
    Using the latest BBLink (BlackBerryLink) you may go and 'RELOAD' the factory settings to your device.

then you may Update to the latest carrier released software via SETTINGS>SOFTWARE UPDATES on device.

then perform a restore from your backup you made before installing the leak.
    10-20-13 08:50 AM
    Just curious -- do you just want to know how to get back or are you reverting back?
    10-20-13 08:58 AM
    I'm on a 10.2.0.1769, I heard 10.2.1 variants have some camera issues? I'm on the Z10, would it be worth it to upgrade to more up to date leaks?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:26 AM
    I'm on a 10.2.0.1769, I heard 10.2.1 variants have some camera issues? I'm on the Z10, would it be worth it to upgrade to more up to date leaks?

Posted via CB10
    10.2.1 branch is still very much an early beta. Not as stable as the later 10.2.0 builds. If you want bleeding edge then sure, fire up a leak and have a blast. If stability is more your cup of tea, then stick with what you have. You can always take the interesting bits of 10.2.1 and sideload them in your current 1769. I've done that with the camera from 10.2.1 for the face detection feature which works pretty freaking good.
    10-20-13 10:26 AM
    On loading leaks. I have done once and it's an interesting experience. I lost a lot of information that I did not expect. I had organised icons, some contacts etc were gone. But it's interesting to keep up. If I had side loaded apps I would have had to do them again. So not so rosy. It's also true that some new features di not work well. Some not at all. All is in testing mode. Be prepared.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:21 PM
    I'm more of a performance guy, I'm fine with leaks and bugs as long as there is no interference with everyday use like the Camera, Phone, SMS, etc.

I just came from the Android scene and the first thing I did was load a leak, or ROM as they're called on Android.

One thing I would love to see and possibly learn how to do is modify the Camera app on the z10 to a uncapped mega pixel. I already love how the camera is but I've always been one for a upgrade even if it isn't necessary.

Is there any performance boosts that will come from any type of further upgrade from my current version? I guess this is the most important, I feel the current version I have is great and pretty much lag free so anything more would be a lot better, but like I said not necessary.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:24 PM
    With each higher build within 10.2.0.xxxx the focus is more about improving stability, battery life, performance and not some much as introducing new major features. Most of us wouldn't even notice the differences from one 17xx build to another 17xx build. But yes, it's more about performance boost as you've suggested and that's why you're finding it running so well on your device.

Like I said, you don't need to change your OS just to try the new features from 10.2.1 leaks. Just install the components you want (calendar, camera, alarm clock, etc). It plays nice with the 1769 you already have installed. That way you're taking advantage of both worlds -- stability of 1769 along with the new features of 10.2.1 -- win win.
    10-20-13 01:57 PM
    I have 1791 on T-mobile, but i have a lot of issues. many sideloaded apps give me error at launch. they show a message telling me that i have no data connection, asking me to turn on the WiFi. But i do have data, everything else work. Then after turning on the WiFi it state that i have no data on my cellular nor my wifi.

That occurs with:
    Netflix
    Music Unlimited
    Ebay
    bank of america
    and others that i dont remember at the moment.

NOTE: I installed with the leak the radio file "Radio_Z10_STL100-2-3_10.2.0.1792" and the unlocked android runtime "sys.android.shell-10.2.1.9" and "sys.android-10.2.1.9".

Any idea or recommendation?
    10-20-13 11:08 PM
    Download the official 10.2 upgrade using sachesi.
    No need to use a leak.

Posted via CB10
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    10-20-13 11:24 PM
    Personally, I just say wait for the official version. Im not trusting enough to download a leaked version.
    10-20-13 11:30 PM
    I have 1791 on T-mobile, but i have a lot of issues. many sideloaded apps give me error at launch. they show a message telling me that i have no data connection, asking me to turn on the WiFi. But i do have data, everything else work. Then after turning on the WiFi it state that i have no data on my cellular nor my wifi.

That occurs with:
    Netflix
    Music Unlimited
    Ebay
    bank of america
    and others that i dont remember at the moment.

NOTE: I installed with the leak the radio file "Radio_Z10_STL100-2-3_10.2.0.1792" and the unlocked android runtime "sys.android.shell-10.2.1.9" and "sys.android-10.2.1.9".

Any idea or recommendation?
    The unlocked runtime is the culprit. Same error affected quite a few people. It's how it was installed. I'll explain below.

Install this unlocked runtime from 10.2.1.13. It's slightly higher than what you have but not by much. You can sideload it right over-top, no need to remove existing runtime.

After sideloading this runtime, put your phone in airplane mode (to shut down all radio connections) then reboot the device by using the up/down volume keys. Once the device finishes rebooting turn off airplane mode. Let the device settle in. Don't sideload Android apps straight away. It has to kinda bake into the OS -- usually takes a few minutes (your Device Monitor located in the Settings menu will show you if it's settled in when the System drops to 5% and below). Now you can sideload apps 'till your hearts content. Good idea to uninstall any Android apps beforehand then re-install them once you're done updating the new unlocked runtime.

Good luck
    10-20-13 11:54 PM
    No need to use a leak.

Posted via CB10
    Where I can get the official 10.2 upgrade? when I download sachesi the software download it for me?
    10-21-13 12:35 AM
    10.2.0.1767 is butter and is the official release in the singapore rollout.

I'm on att and upgraded on my z10 and q10 and both are silky smooth and new features are awesome!

Only thing I noticed is the Kindle app is not compatible with the 10.2 OS!
    10-21-13 12:39 AM
    No need to use a leak.

Posted via CB10
    Can you write the instructions in layman terms please.
    10-21-13 09:59 AM
    Can you write the instructions in layman terms please.
    Here you go:

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8761796
    10-21-13 10:09 AM
43 12