Heyguys

Can we make a RAID-0 system withthe SD card

And mirror all op sys data onit for speedup datathroughput and remove the 4.x jellybean apk restriction

Browser? Opera. But moves bloated slow in android

If the sdcard controller uses same line as onboard ram raid-0 maynot work

But the certificates and cryptologic kernels and these tweaks may refresh it for the fans

Posted via CB10
    10-08-18 09:50 PM
    I was thinking something like that might work registering browser protocol handlers and using embeded flash objects with cross domain allowed to indexedDB and localStorage, better than caching into ram like service workers. Maybe break out of browsers index.html with screen as base64 encoded png JSON string to something like PWA's which could have worked with OneDrive junctions and hard links for remoting... cause why not?.. Well I hope thats obvious.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-09-18 at 09:42 PM.
    10-09-18 09:29 PM
    Ihave troubles understanding the abbreviations ididnt study informatics but I suspect ure telling me the bb10 os browser is inthe center ofthe qnx system operations and allother programs around it

Sothey efforted the upgrades onthebrowser. Because that s itscore. And u think a dataflow tothe screen over this browsercore could bypass the ramcontroller to raid the sdcard. Yes?

If so: ure brilliant

Posted via CB10
    10-10-18 06:52 AM
    But doesthe datathroughput reallymakeit without replacing thescreen itmust show anything afteralll

Compression for screendata?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-18 06:53 AM
    Sorry I dont have proper terminology for you, and probably more to explain. It seems many are unfamiliar with BB10's invocation framework and protocols. The documentation does exist. The browser simply exposes a route to resources on the system through the file:/// protocol as well as platform:// through the web view. Offline storage that webkit supports would be 25mb localStorage perdomain, and indexedDB which is a percentage of disk also restricted to same domain policy. Having flash available is what it is... What you are thinking I think leads to self recursion and should be avoided.

I was getting at how web driver saves and sends the screen image. A registered protocol handler which works wrapped in a function and requires scripts to be inline on the page or embedded in and as an object seemed to render gui more naturally and compensate for dimensions not set properly which is very interesting. With xml and maybe json, storage saved on disk via webSQL 'like' interface can be allowed cross domain so they can talk to each other rather than throwing a permission error. JS engine will need to built from whatever the agent knows, Codemirror is a good example of how to define what is needed. I think its too much to continue getting into you need every single detail, but not impossible. <base>

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-12-18 at 09:45 AM.
    dubengeldu likes this.
    10-12-18 02:15 AM
    Hmm on whichlayer is the browser?

Iwouldrather hack the drivers hardwareaccess drivers
    Sth like

Each function write: write theretoo

An efficient mirroring
    Then all read write commands from whicheverlayer reads the fasterlayer until high workload
    If buisy readout fromother location

Sure a Web protocol browser canbehelpful but it's likely call file functions many layers abovewhereiwould put it into

More intrinsic efficient inthe driverlayer
    And idle resources available added inthe functions when it's buisy inthatDriverlayer

But again I'm no programmer

Posted via CB10
    10-12-18 01:06 PM
    Hmm on whichlayer is the browser?

Iwouldrather hack the drivers hardwareaccess drivers
    Sth like

Each function write: write theretoo

An efficient mirroring
    Then all read write commands from whicheverlayer reads the fasterlayer until high workload
    If buisy readout fromother location

Sure a Web protocol browser canbehelpful but it's likely call file functions many layers abovewhereiwould put it into

More intrinsic efficient inthe driverlayer
    And idle resources available added inthe functions when it's buisy inthatDriverlayer

But again I'm no programmer

Posted via CB10
    You brought up an interesting topic thanks, Higher level with some mid level using webkit and flash Im not totally sure though ill read into when ive got some time. I still think may be able to launch standalone web view and use recursive loader of disk stored dependencies with localStorage and indexedDB. Could use promises and a virtual fs to blob on request. Maybe a nice loading screen while you wait though..
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-12-18 at 05:49 PM.
    10-12-18 05:22 PM
    Ithought flash wastheeeeeee security risk andtaboo hehe

Where are cash operations if the browser is so center
    Where are qnx cache operation and qnx driver operations

Right there
    When it's decompiled itwould look probably alotless messy too than seventhlayer webkit details

Hmmmm memorycontroller cache operations

Posted via CB10
    10-12-18 06:43 PM
    IDK about QNX.. but you can use dev mode and webinspector with pc or another BB10. Second phone will let you script in the console like normal. Or these will run right on the phone
    Eruda
    https://github.com/liriliri/eruda
    vConsole
    https://github.com/Tencent/vConsole
    Sandbox with localStorage
    http://openexchangerates.github.io/j...ndbox-console/

I find bookmarklets really help,
    https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/
    http://lab.maltewassermann.com/viewport-resizer/
    ^this one with 2 other methods using viewport 0.5-2+ and transform: scale let you zoom for seemingly ever.
    and for indexedDB initially used mozilla's localforage
    Closest Ive seen to ditching browser index was opening a gif or bitmap through the address bar with a data uri.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-12-18 at 09:27 PM.
    10-12-18 07:04 PM
    Raid 0 is striping, not mirroring (that's raid 1)

Posted via CB10
    10-13-18 07:38 AM
    Well I'm happy there's serious interest inthe idea. But it may really speedup some older devices

Posted via CB10
    10-13-18 01:15 PM
    How would it speed up the devices? If you mirror a filesystem (raid1) then you will gain speed on reading it, but loose speed on writing it.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-18 12:27 PM
    Exactly

youcan speedupreadout
    Os files are mostly rom files readout
    The write operations in smartphones rarely massive datatransfer writes
    But mostly logfile?crap? Udont rewrite tons of data

Theapps call files but don't modify em

So evenif u adapt the cache to write optimisation and speedup readouts isay itshould be abit faster

It's about making modern apps run still onolderdevices

Posted via CB10
    10-15-18 02:23 PM
    I think with modern apps an services the other problem would be missing or outdates features in the core os, and missing features from the cpu. You could probably gain some speed with this method but is it worth all the trouble?
    If you could get the whole filesystem mirrored on an sd-card that would be an interesting case tho...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-18 02:54 PM
    Yes the kernel 4.3 jellybean? Is the bottlenecknow but android9pi is efficient. With afewtweaksmore it could really make these devices useable again

But thatsthepoint

It's noone wanting toput effort into it anymore and blackberry rim found new pride inthe android devices itseems

Iwouldnt **** over the heritage itsnot that nostalgic as somethink but hey. Business. What doesitpay

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 12:54 PM
    If you copy the misc folder from device to the sd card, and I use ghostcomander file manager to open /mnt/ up to use.

The whole system as far as how thorough the copy method used was will sync to its new location as well. This works in the cloud too until the connection is lost then the sync breaks.

Maybe with Windows OneDrive mklink /J also copy /B /L.

A unified source would be really efficient, as long as its updated fast enough, Ive had mixed results. Faster than I expected or not keeping up. The aim is for balanced. Should only try this with a fresh install of the BB10 Os, and a clean SD Card. Might find it interesting to know an Ajax method can get from a connected external flash drive to update whats local on the phone.
    If you do try this you might notice a hole. This is why you need a clean start. Its a familiar pattern I dont have the term for it, I just figure hey dont fall in and remember what you did.

I think its too much for the hardware in the long run unless you keep it on ice. Which is smart but ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-03-18 at 09:13 AM.
    10-24-18 12:49 PM
    // just to elevate the topic

Posted via CB10
    08-09-19 05:55 PM