09-08-15 09:03 PM
609 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Once I grab a debrick file pair how do I load it?

Trying to create a loader with cap does not work; it says the input files are invalid.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 05-16-13 at 10:09 AM.
    05-16-13 08:49 AM
    Ok, just screwing around some more I dropped both files on Sashibar and it loaded the OS -- it doesn't load the radio but if I'm reading the thread correctly right now it doesn't know how. And interestingly enough, even though I dropped a debrick OS load on Sashibar it did not wipe the data!
    05-16-13 12:54 PM
    I just updated Sachibar so that it can install Radios too.

tickerguy: You must extract the .bar file to a .signed to create an autoloader.
    Mecca EL, Eskibo and s0cializam like this.
    05-16-13 02:21 PM
    A quick search didn't point me at the tool(s) necessary to extract the .bar file to a .signed one (or I'm blind and missed it)... pointer please
    05-16-13 02:38 PM
    Awesome work xsacha.
    It's apps like these which should get awards at Live...

Sent from a Q10 with a crappy OLED screen
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-13 02:54 PM
    Just tried the new version to load only a radio file and got a message that says it can only update OS files. Dropping BOTH (from the debrick grab) in there loads the OS (as it did before) but the radio does not get updated -- it says it sent the radio file but the phone ignores it.
    Attached Thumbnails Sachup: Firmware Grabber-sachibar.png  
    Last edited by tickerguy; 05-16-13 at 03:15 PM.
    05-16-13 03:04 PM
    A quick search didn't point me at the tool(s) necessary to extract the .bar file to a .signed one (or I'm blind and missed it)... pointer please
    Use WinRAR or 7zip. Just "open with" one of those tools, then locate the .signed files and extract.
    05-16-13 03:58 PM
    Thank you -- didn't realize they could read those..
    05-16-13 04:36 PM
    Just tried the new version to load only a radio file and got a message that says it can only update OS files. Dropping BOTH (from the debrick grab) in there loads the OS (as it did before) but the radio does not get updated -- it says it sent the radio file but the phone ignores it.
    you could try only dropping the radio file and see if it updates that way since the rest should be already updated
    05-16-13 04:53 PM
    I tried that and it refused to load it at all (first sentence of my previous post.)

BTW this tool is freaking nice as it's non-destructive to the data on the device -- THANK YOU!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-13 04:58 PM
    I tried that and it refused to load it at all (first sentence of my previous post.)

BTW this tool is freaking nice as it's non-destructive to the data on the device -- THANK YOU!
    xsacha also did a radio only test before publishing the update, so it has to work, maybe there's still some tiny bug to iron out try selecting the file using the button instead of dropping it
    05-16-13 05:14 PM
    Ok this is bizarre. I selected JUST the radio file and the software went out and grabbed both!

At least I think it did -- it's loading the OS again -- but I only selected the one ~20MB file from the directory.

Will play with this some more.

Update: Nope. It appears to load both but the Radio version does not change. In addition if I put ONLY a radio file in the directory whether I select with dragging the file in there or use "Choose Files" doesn't matter; the software refuses to load it.

Trying to load ONLY a radio file, irrespective of how, produces the below (I wiped the 17 May update, re-downloaded and extracted it again -- just to make sure.)
    Attached Thumbnails Sachup: Firmware Grabber-sachi.png  
    Last edited by tickerguy; 05-16-13 at 05:51 PM.
    05-16-13 05:32 PM
    Great work xsacha, please keep at it. I would like to create an autoloader using CAP, but when I double click on CAP, it just opens and then disappears. Please i need clear instructions on how to use CAP and how to apply it's commands. Thanks in anticipation.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-16-13 05:58 PM
    To make an autoloader:

1. Use Sachup to grab the DEBRICK files (two) for the firmware you wish to make the autoloader for.

2. Use WinRar to EXTRACT from the two .BAR files the .SIGNED files. You should now have two files that end in ".signed"

3. The command to use with CAP to make the autoloader is:

cap create file1 file2 myloader.exe

Note that "file1" and "file2" are going to be very, very long names.

The resulting file "myloader.exe" is your self-contained loader.

This will work for just a radio file, by the way (in other words, with just one filename -- the name of the radio .signed file), and if used with just a radio file is non-destructive. If you use it with a core OS file it is a destructive load and will require either a restore or manual reload of everything on the device. Remember that BlackBerry Link will refuse to restore on any downward version number change as well, so if you're downgrading you need either a backup saved from before you left that version or you're forced to set it up as a "new" device.

BTW this is the only way I've found to update just a radio file. I was afraid making a debrick loader, even with just a radio file, would be a destructive install. It is not provided it is radio-only, so I now can do that as well.

Sachibar and Sachup are ridiculously awesome tools as they allow changing the OS non-destructively.

Thank you xsasha, or as I have been known to remark when something particularly awesome comes about: "My God, it's full of stars!"
    zocster likes this.
    05-16-13 06:15 PM
    Thanks very much @tickerguy. please where do I input the following command line 'cap create file 1 file 2 myloader.exe'?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-16-13 06:50 PM
    You have to open a command window on Windows (Click the start button, then type "cmd" in the text box) and then change your directory to wherever CAP is.

The easiest thing to do is put the cap.exe file and the two .signed files in the same directory and then use "cd \whatever-directory" to change to there; that way you type fewer characters.
    05-16-13 07:07 PM
    Thanks learned a lot lol.

You have to open a command window on Windows (Click the start button, then type "cmd" in the text box) and then change your directory to wherever CAP is.

The easiest thing to do is put the cap.exe file and the two .signed files in the same directory and then use "cd \whatever-directory" to change to there; that way you type fewer characters.
    Attached Thumbnails Sachup: Firmware Grabber-command.png  
    05-16-13 07:20 PM

thanks very much for all your help. i really appreciate it.
    05-16-13 08:08 PM
    Edit: Sachibar has been updated to detect Debrick radio packages too!

And yes, a .bar is just a .zip.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-16-13 at 09:04 PM.
    05-16-13 08:48 PM
    The radio I tried to load and which was rejected has this name:

qc8960-10.1.0.1721-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar

It appears to be identical to the same file in the upgrade package for the same version (I pulled down both); when I unpacked it and made a stand-alone loader out of it (and it alone) it updated non-destructively.

If I attempt to load it with the debrick OS the progress display says it is being sent and is accepted, but it doesn't load on the phone; a reboot shows no change in the rev number for the radio.
    05-16-13 08:56 PM
    Thanks. BB10 is a bit tricky for radios. I was expecting 'wtr-' in the filename.
    05-16-13 09:06 PM
    Cool -- I got accomplished what I was intending (a non-destructive load of 1720) off allegedly OTA-updated code. Interestingly enough there are still a few issues like boot time disappearing which I thought was a function of running leaked rather than "gold" code -- apparently not. 1720 is working well though (thus far anyway) and it's nice to have this capability -- thank you again for putting this together; it's a piece of art.
    05-16-13 09:13 PM
    Blackberry has removed (or either they made a bug) boot time information from OS 1720.

No problems! Hope you enjoy

I hope you can make some nice Hybrid OS from it too
    Remember, you can throw any apps in with the OS and radio.
    Eskibo likes this.
    05-16-13 09:17 PM
    Once again i want to thank you xsacha for these wonderful tools you have made for us BB10 users, and i also want to thank tickerguy for your detailed instructions. i have successfully created an autoloader from the above guide. you guys ROCK. please keep the great work going.
    05-16-13 09:37 PM
    Just added application side-loading.
    Side-load to your hearts content with the nice installer and drag and drop functionality.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-16-13 at 11:07 PM.
    faenil, Eskibo, tickerguy and 1 others like this.
    05-16-13 10:09 PM
609 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD