09-08-15 09:03 PM
609 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Hey Sacha, on today (June 14) release, some bars extracted from an autoloader do not include files listed in the manifest if those files are in the public folder.
    As an example, the browser, games, and messages bars from 10.2.0.341 will not sideload because of this.
    I just outright exclude public/
    Are there apps that have this in the .bar?
    06-13-13 10:08 PM
    I just outright exclude public/
    Are there apps that have this in the .bar?
    Only 3 or 4 that I can recall. But usually you still exclude a good part of the public directory in those.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:21 PM
    There's actually quite a few that have got icons in that location now in 10.2, quite a few files break on the extraction in SachUp. If you include the public folder then it should be just fine.
    06-13-13 11:36 PM
    There's actually quite a few that have got icons in that location now in 10.2, quite a few files break on the extraction in SachUp. If you include the public folder then it should be just fine.
    No cuz a lot of the files in the public folder aren't listed in the manifest.
    06-14-13 12:01 AM
    The 10.2 Beta SDK OS has a newer version of cfp (3.10.0.38), but trying to extract it with HxD and a 6435FF offset, as in the guide, proves fruitless. Anyone more technically apt up for this?

Edit: Never mind that, turns out I got it. Here it is.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!XF1STAhJ!ElZ2AB...Ymxa6wEQI44Pf0
    Last edited by thurask; 06-14-13 at 12:13 AM.
    SCrid2000 and lyricidal like this.
    06-14-13 12:02 AM
    OK, it now includes the public folder

Everything should work.

Linux build coming later tonight.
    Sator and SCrid2000 like this.
    06-14-13 03:33 AM
    The 10.2 Beta SDK OS has a newer version of cfp (3.10.0.38), but trying to extract it with HxD and a 6435FF offset, as in the guide, proves fruitless. Anyone more technically apt up for this?

Thanks; is this CFP (with load and all the other commands) or just CAP?
    06-14-13 11:28 AM
    I believe it's cfp, but I can't check just now.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:37 AM
    Thanks; is this CFP (with load and all the other commands) or just CAP?
    Just CAP
    06-14-13 11:59 AM
    Hi, just used Scahup and Sachibar to upgrade the OS on my Z10 from 10.0 to 10.1. Everything seems to be okay so far.

Only one question: Is it normal when the OS Version is shown as "10.1.0.1720" while Software Release remains "10.0.10.90"?
    06-14-13 09:26 PM
    I am trying to run sachibar on my virtualbox xp guest (arch linux host). When I run the program, the IP address is 10.0.0.5. I cannot change it (is that normal? I can't select the text box). Thus, it cannot connect to my Z10. The Z10 is in development mode, and everything else is as it normally is.

DDPB and the other programs I've used have never had a problem connecting with my BB devices while being run in virtualbox.

I can reboot and run it on Win7, so it's not a big deal. But I'm curious (and lazy). Anyone?
    Last edited by slickvguy; 06-14-13 at 10:14 PM.
    06-14-13 09:53 PM
    Hi I wanted to download the list of installed app on my BB Z10, is it possible using SachiUpibar? How? What is the latest version of this app?
    06-14-13 11:41 PM
    Hi I wanted to download the list of installed app on my BB Z10, is it possible using SachiUpibar? How? What is the latest version of this app?
    The latest version is always in the first post. I personally use the Chrome extension, PlayBook Application Manager, for checking versions.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:51 PM
    The latest version is always in the first post. I personally use the Chrome extension, PlayBook Application Manager, for checking versions.

Posted via CB10
    Ok but can we download the list of installed apps? or cut paste is the only option?
    06-15-13 12:14 AM

maybe it's a really stupid question, but how should i use this?
    06-15-13 06:10 AM
    maybe it's a really stupid question, but how should i use this?
    RIM Wireless Device Command-Line Auto-Programmer Version 3.10.0.38 (Win32) [Jun 10 2013 14:59:12]
    Copyright 2012 Research In Motion Limited

AUTOLOAD Usage
    ==============
    AUTOLOAD [-u<port>] [-g<GUID>] [-V<verbosity>] <command>

Where:
    ------

-U<port> specifies the USB port (e.g. -U4 specifies USB port 4)
    Configuration with USBPortMapper.exe is required.
    -G<GUID> specifies the device GUID. Cannot be combined with -U
    -V<verbosity> specifies the level of information chatter. If ,<filename> is
    specified, all output other than the progress will be sent to the
    specified file.
    -SP turns off all progress notifications.

All of the above are optional.

<command> is one of HELP, INFO, CREATE, FILEINFO.

Description:
    ------------
    The AUTOLOAD command is used to securely and safely load firmware onto a device.

Use AUTOLOAD HELP <command> for more information.

Done.
    Once it's downloaded, put it in the same folder with a radio .signed file and an OS .signed file. Open a command line and type "cap310038 create <name of OS file> <name of radio file> <name of output autoloader>. You should have an .exe with the name specified that will load whichever OS and radio files you made it from to your device.
    Adam Szucs likes this.
    06-15-13 08:30 AM
    Once it's downloaded, put it in the same folder with a radio .signed file and an OS .signed file. Open a command line and type "cap310038 create . You should have an .exe with the name specified that will load whichever OS and radio files you made it from to your device.
    It's working. Thank you so much! May I ask you how would you able to restore the core functions?

EDIT: loaded the new autoloader with dev OS, but invocation still not available, and cfp bar files could not be loaded.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Adam Szucs; 06-15-13 at 09:06 AM.
    06-15-13 08:39 AM
    I am trying to run sachibar on my virtualbox xp guest (arch linux host). When I run the program, the IP address is 10.0.0.5. I cannot change it (is that normal? I can't select the text box). Thus, it cannot connect to my Z10. The Z10 is in development mode, and everything else is as it normally is.

DDPB and the other programs I've used have never had a problem connecting with my BB devices while being run in virtualbox.

I can reboot and run it on Win7, so it's not a big deal. But I'm curious (and lazy). Anyone?
    Sachibar, xsacha can correct me if I'm wrong, is designed to work over USB only as it's not possible to load firmware over wifi. If you want to load normal bar files, i.e. non-firmware, use the chrome extension (PlayBook app manager in the store) or DDPB.

Good to see others using Linux, wish we had more support from RIM though

Russ.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:26 AM
    Hi, is it normal when after upgrading the OS from "10.0.0.960" to "10.1.0.1729" using Sachup & Sachibar, the OS Version is shown as "10.1.0.1720" while Software Release remains "10.0.10.90"?
    06-15-13 01:03 PM
    Sachibar, xsacha can correct me if I'm wrong, is designed to work over USB only as it's not possible to load firmware over wifi. If you want to load normal bar files, i.e. non-firmware, use the chrome extension (PlayBook app manager in the store) or DDPB.

Good to see others using Linux, wish we had more support from RIM though

Russ.

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't trying to load via wifi. Where did you get THAT idea from? lol. Always USB.
    My point was a simple one. DDPB and the others are all able to connect to the playbook and Z10 while being run on a virtualbox XP guest. For some reason, sachibar does not see the Z10. The IP address gets fixed to 10.0.0.5 (not sure why).

Anyway, I used Win7 and all went well.

I had requested a 32 bit linux version, but did not receive a reply.
    06-15-13 01:24 PM
    My version of Sachup seems to not have the API and Server fields. Also, when I press "scan", it tells me there are no updates available.

Can anyone help?Sachup: Firmware Grabber-sachup.jpg
    06-16-13 07:41 PM
    My version of Sachup seems to not have the API and Server fields. Also, when I press "scan", it tells me there are no updates available.
    Yes, those were removed as there isn't really a reason to modify them.

The problem is you are trying to find an update for Verizon's phone in Romania!

Verizon is:
    Carrier: 480
    06-16-13 08:10 PM
    Wasn't trying to load via wifi. Where did you get THAT idea from? lol. Always USB.
    My point was a simple one. DDPB and the others are all able to connect to the playbook and Z10 while being run on a virtualbox XP guest. For some reason, sachibar does not see the Z10. The IP address gets fixed to 10.0.0.5 (not sure why).

Anyway, I used Win7 and all went well.

I had requested a 32 bit linux version, but did not receive a reply.
    My apologies, totally misunderstood your question! LoL! It sounds, from the IP address, that Sachibar is perhaps mistaking which usbnet interface is your BlackBerry. I ended up loading XP on an old laptop for link and autoloaders, but I've had great success doing a non destructive upgrade with Sachibar on 64 bit Linux Mint.

Would be nice to have more Linux support, at least the dev tools are usable on Linux now which is a blessing.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:22 AM
    Hi, is it normal when after upgrading the OS from "10.0.0.960" to "10.1.0.1729" using Sachup & Sachibar, the OS Version is shown as "10.1.0.1720" while Software Release remains "10.0.10.90"?
    Yes, perfectly normal if you use the upgrade files. The debrick files update the software release as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:29 PM
    Is it possible to modify some bar files and sign it with my developer account?
    06-18-13 03:13 AM
609 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD