09-08-15 10:03 PM
609 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    You were able to remove that with the Chrome extension? I thought it was system permanent.
    Did you notice any space increases when you deleted language files? The chrome extension always tells me 0kb removed lol.
    I removed VAD, but Voice Control is system permanent. I honestly didn't check to confirm free space increases. But looking at the sizes of the upgrade files, I probably eked out a few MBs here and there.
    06-09-13 01:14 PM
    I should point out that I left two language files: en and root. Root sounded kinda important, so I didn't even bother trying to remove it.
    06-09-13 01:14 PM
    You were able to remove that with the Chrome extension? I thought it was system permanent.
    Did you notice any space increases when you deleted language files? The chrome extension always tells me 0kb removed lol.
    Wait, which were you asking about? If you mean retaildemoshim, yes, that one can be removed as well.
    06-09-13 01:16 PM
    DO NOT INSTALL AN OS WITH THIS GARBAGE APP.

I am on Windows 8 64bit

Selected Q10, selected SQN 3

Used sachup to download romanian .2354 even though it says software version is 2309
    Installed with sachibar, tried 3 times, if you select folder within the app, it loops the install forever.
    If you drag and drop it might work after a few tries, and it does install and complete.

My phone rebooted and I was still on .2342 added bunch of crap apps, and pretty much destroyed my hub.

So now I have to reload software on an old back up i had... Thanks for nothing.

Lesson learned, I will never manually install any OS other than carrier update.
    I also use it on windows 8 and it works perfectly for me. You shouldn't insult people's work just because it didn't work for you. If you read through the thread, you would realise that it has been working for a lot of people. Personally I love this tool. he has been updating these tools regularly, which we should appreciate. He has been working hard to fix bugs once reported. The least you should have done was to state the process you went through, Maybe you got something wrong, which someone could have corrected.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    LP_Rigg, dj_matty_s and Mecca EL like this.
    06-09-13 01:18 PM
    The initial setup videos are in setupbuffet. And they're written in Air, not native. I'd be curious as to whether removing those files would allow us to skip the dreaded intro each time we reinstall a new OS.
    06-09-13 01:19 PM
    DO NOT INSTALL AN OS WITH THIS GARBAGE APP.

I am on Windows 8 64bit

Selected Q10, selected SQN 3

Used sachup to download romanian .2354 even though it says software version is 2309
    Installed with sachibar, tried 3 times, if you select folder within the app, it loops the install forever.
    If you drag and drop it might work after a few tries, and it does install and complete.

My phone rebooted and I was still on .2342 added bunch of crap apps, and pretty much destroyed my hub.

So now I have to reload software on an old back up i had... Thanks for nothing.

Lesson learned, I will never manually install any OS other than carrier update.
    yeah be it then, until now i have no problems using sachup and sachibar, it helps me a lot. bye
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-09-13 01:22 PM
    The initial setup videos are in setupbuffet. And they're written in Air, not native. I'd be curious as to whether removing those files would allow us to skip the dreaded intro each time we reinstall a new OS.
    If you have the time, try .
    Worst case you'd have to reload your phone
    06-09-13 01:36 PM
    If you have the time, try .
    Worst case you'd have to reload your phone
    setupbuffet is system permanent, so it cannot be removed with the chrome extension. Same is true for weather and games.
    06-09-13 01:44 PM
    setupbuffet is system permanent, so it cannot be removed with the chrome extension. Same is true for weather and games.
    What is this chrome extension?

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    06-09-13 01:52 PM
    What is this chrome extension?

Playbook App Manager. Very useful, and you can do things via WiFi too.
    06-09-13 01:58 PM
    The I guess you can't remove them? Unless you can debrick the phone with an autoloader that lacks those files.
    Seems to messy to gain a few tens of MB at most.
    06-09-13 02:07 PM
    Yes, that is successful.
    How does sachibar work in comparison to DDPB when loading bars into devices? People say that not to use sachibar before autoloaders as that will brick.

06-09-13 02:18 PM
    The I guess you can't remove them? Unless you can debrick the phone with an autoloader that lacks those files.
    Seems to messy to gain a few tens of MB at most.
    True, but so far there's no way to edit an autoloader since they're signed. It's not about the space for me, I want to skip the stupid setup videos.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-09-13 02:20 PM
    True, but so far there's no way to edit an autoloader since they're signed. It's not about the space for me, I want to skip the stupid setup videos.
    Did people not build autoloaders from the upgrade files? My understanding is that the bars need to be signed.
    For the video, I think it just skips past if you let it lie and wait. I.e. set up, go off and have a coffee - at least I think that has happened the last time I reloaded.
    06-09-13 02:42 PM
    Did people not build autoloaders from the upgrade files? My understanding is that the bars need to be signed.
    For the video, I think it just skips past if you let it lie and wait. I.e. set up, go off and have a coffee - at least I think that has happened the last time I reloaded.
    You found a way to bypass the bar signature check???

Edit: nevmd. I read wrong.

06-09-13 02:50 PM
    I got this sachibar thing to work but not without its issues. Doesn't help that I really. Don't know what I am doing. I kept getting an ID error 500 I valid I'd on a pbcd file. I removed it from the folder and the OS loaded. What is the pbcd file? I also had trouble loading the extracted browser in the other thread but got it to load after 3 attempts. It was all worth it tho since my Z10 has never functioned this fast. And I mean every thing, Fast!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    06-09-13 02:59 PM
    Speaking of signing the bar files, I have the signature files from when I was converting apk to bar for the Playbook. Would these signature files be valid for BB10?

Or would I have to go through the whole process of obtaining the signature file folders from Blackberry again.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:16 PM
    No, you can't build an autoloader from the upgrade files. We have to extract the signed files from full autoloaders and mash them together that way. I was going to try and build an autoloader from the upgrade files, but it is not possible with the current set of utilities.
    06-09-13 03:41 PM
    No, you can't build an autoloader from the upgrade files. We have to extract the signed files from full autoloaders and mash them together that way. I was going to try and build an autoloader from the upgrade files, but it is not possible with the current set of utilities.

What format are upgrade files? Is it the signed format after decompressing a bar?

06-09-13 05:36 PM
    What format are upgrade files? Is it the signed format after decompressing a bar?Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    It's a signed. If you could find a way to actually wipe your Z10, you could probably do a selective restore using the update coreOS.
    06-09-13 05:50 PM
    What format are upgrade files? Is it the signed format after decompressing a bar?

Some of the upgrade bars contain filename.signed files. Others (like apps) contain all the typical app bar info, like manifests and the actual executable.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 05:50 PM
    I came across a post on BlackBerry support forum. It was mentioned that the signature check easily be bypassed.

This guy was a dev and did seem to know what he was talking about. I'll have to look again to find it. I doubt he'd be interested in looking into that any further, but it was a disagreement on his part in signing files.

06-09-13 06:08 PM
    I haven't really spent much time breaking. Signed files but i know how to break log encryption.
    Sator likes this.
    06-09-13 11:41 PM
    After I download 2 files debark in bar format how I can make autoloader .exe whit sachup ?
    06-10-13 03:29 AM
    Thank you ....

I knew how to do it

06-10-13 06:31 AM
609 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD