09-08-15 09:03 PM
609 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    If someone doesn't mind working with me...
    I never loaded a leak on my Z10 yet since I got it when Verizon released it...

I downloaded Sachup from the beginning of this thread.
    I ran Sachup with the default settings of:
    Country 226
    Carrier 10
    Device Z10
    Variant STL 100-2
    Mode Upgrade

Clicked scan and then download all.
    It downloaded it all into a folder called "10.1.0.2312"
    I did a backup on link, and now I'm confused as what to do.

TIA for your help.
    Turn on development mode on your phone
    Plug in to computer
    Launch sachibar
    Drag all the .bar files that were downloaded into the 10.1.0.2312 folder into sachibar and let it run
    You will see status of the installs
    Phone should reboot when finished

Good luck
    06-06-13 08:13 PM
    Turn on development mode on your phone
    Plug in to computer
    Launch sachibar
    Drag all the .bar files that were downloaded into the 10.1.0.2312 folder into sachibar and let it run
    You will see status of the installs
    Phone should reboot when finished

Good luck
    Thx!
    Phone just rebooted!
    06-06-13 09:42 PM
    When I go to About this is what I see:
    Software Release: 10.0.9.422
    OS Version: 10.1.0.2354
    Build ID: 524717

Does this mean I was successful?
    06-06-13 09:56 PM

Yes, that is successful.
    06-06-13 10:00 PM
    yes, It was successful. Software release won't change until you upgrade with an official version.
    06-06-13 10:01 PM

Congrats! This release has been great for me for the last day and a half.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:02 PM
    yes, It was successful. Software release won't change until you upgrade with an official version.
    Congrats! This release has been great for me for the last day and a half.

Posted via CB10
    Thx!
    I'm not sure why I was so nervous to do it until now but I'm glad it worked fine

On the legacy devices I used to do this every other week lol
    eyecrispy likes this.
    06-06-13 10:07 PM
    See the other thread on such; I just posted a link to a little "C" program that will split autoloaders. The primary use for this is that it makes it VERY easy to split off radios, which can be turned back into autoloaders and then sent up non-destructively.

This should make "mix and match" radio code use trivial and that may be very useful for people with stability problems.

If we could figure out how to turn .signed files back into BARs we would then have the holy grail -- the ability to non-destructively change not only the radio BUT ALSO THE OS!
    This is what jailbreaking on iOS means. Instead of breaking into the firmware, they were first able to jailbreak the installed firmware on the iPhone. From there, they were able to extract a key and gain access to the firmware file.
    06-07-13 05:43 AM
    so until the 4june version, the software release version still won't show up right?
    Last edited by noez92; 06-07-13 at 02:46 PM.
    06-07-13 02:18 PM
    Software release will never show up until you wipe/debrick.
    06-07-13 09:22 PM
    how to use split autoloader?
    give an example, pl .
    06-08-13 04:46 AM
    Click 'Split Autoloader' and then choose the autoloader.exe
    06-08-13 05:41 AM
    Click 'Split Autoloader' and then choose the autoloader.exe
    Found answers to my own set of questions for you other noobs out there:

I'm noob and have downloaded sachup/bar when the autoload.exe is split, what do we get; signed files?

Yes. Up to 6 files.

Also, is there a way to install only the bar files we want and not all the bar files such as languages we don't need? How?

Yes. Sachup the ones you want and sachibar the ones you want to load. Load bars individually or in quantity.

Is there a way to extract bars from a phone and implant that bar into another phone?

Not from phone. No.

Besides sachibar, are there other ways to load bars into the phone? Sideload?

DDPB.

Can we combine only those bars we want?

Yes, you can hybridized, but do so at your own risk.

Hope that helps anybody

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    Last edited by WhiteSpir1t; 06-09-13 at 01:35 PM.
    06-08-13 06:16 AM
    is there anyone has tried to install an OS (with autoloader) with no battery attached?
    06-08-13 10:55 AM
    why the combine autoloader is crashing my sachup? it says "APPCRASH"
    06-08-13 12:24 PM
    What would happen if I didn't include the retail demo bar file while using Sachibar upgrade mode?

Posted via CB10 on my Sexy Z10 STL100-2 running OS 10.1.0.2354
    06-08-13 04:05 PM
    What would happen if I didn't include the retail demo bar file while using Sachibar upgrade mode?

You would keep whatever old version is bundled in already.
    JamieWilson01 likes this.
    06-08-13 04:40 PM
    Yes, only send the bars you want to install to Sachibar.

I will fix crashing with new autoloaders.
    06-08-13 09:18 PM
    Crashing for combining/splitting autoloaders is fixed.
    And you can split up to 6 files inside an autoloader now.
    sbmd, Sator and noez92 like this.
    06-09-13 09:21 AM
    Crashing for combining/splitting autoloaders is fixed.
    And you can split up to 6 files inside an autoloader now.

Thanks man, tested and working again for me.
    06-09-13 09:43 AM

If you had used the Chrome extension to remove the retail demo (or, say, unused language files) previously, then you would be wise to NOT include them in a sachibar upgrade. That's what I did when I used that method. I also don't include (because I remove) twitter, youtube, vad or foursquare. Foursquare is in the "blackberry" bar file. There were 43 bar files from the total upgrade fileset that I did not install.
    06-09-13 11:00 AM
    DO NOT INSTALL AN OS WITH THIS GARBAGE APP.

I am on Windows 8 64bit

Selected Q10, selected SQN 3

Used sachup to download romanian .2354 even though it says software version is 2309
    Installed with sachibar, tried 3 times, if you select folder within the app, it loops the install forever.
    If you drag and drop it might work after a few tries, and it does install and complete.

My phone rebooted and I was still on .2342 added bunch of crap apps, and pretty much destroyed my hub.

So now I have to reload software on an old back up i had... Thanks for nothing.

Lesson learned, I will never manually install any OS other than carrier update.
    06-09-13 11:31 AM
    I had no problems whatsoever loading upgrade bars through sachibar. I also expect I could have loaded them with DDPB or the chrome extension with the same trouble-free results.

Not sure what happened for you Alex, but it sounds like things went quite wrong. I've faced the frustration of dealing with failed OS installations plenty of times, and it always drove me crazy. I'm certain that if you let xsacha know what the issues were he would either provide a detailed explanation of how to fix things or, if necessary, write an update to the app itself.
    06-09-13 11:39 AM
    DO NOT INSTALL AN OS WITH THIS GARBAGE APP.

I am on Windows 8 64bit

Selected Q10, selected SQN 3

Used sachup to download romanian .2354 even though it says software version is 2309
    Installed with sachibar, tried 3 times, if you select folder within the app, it loops the install forever.
    If you drag and drop it might work after a few tries, and it does install and complete.

My phone rebooted and I was still on .2342 added bunch of crap apps, and pretty much destroyed my hub.

So now I have to reload software on an old back up i had... Thanks for nothing.

Lesson learned, I will never manually install any OS other than carrier update.
    It works perfectly fine for me with no problems whatsoever.
    Did you use the upgrade files? In that case, install OS and radio first, then the rest.
    Alternatively, use debrick.

If you installed all upgrade files in one go it is user error.
    06-09-13 11:46 AM
    If you had used the Chrome extension to remove the retail demo (or, say, unused language files) previously, then you would be wise to NOT include them in a sachibar upgrade. That's what I did when I used that method. I also don't include (because I remove) twitter, youtube, vad or foursquare. Foursquare is in the "blackberry" bar file. There were 43 bar files from the total upgrade fileset that I did not install.
    You were able to remove that with the Chrome extension? I thought it was system permanent.
    Did you notice any space increases when you deleted language files? The chrome extension always tells me 0kb removed lol.
    06-09-13 12:08 PM
609 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD