09-08-15 09:03 PM
609 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    let me know if you find a non destructive way of getting things back up and running....
    Next release I'll give it a different try. For now, I just went the OS Autoloader route and then re-stored, re-configured, re-sideloaded....
    06-01-13 02:09 PM
    Yeah fair enough, I'll have to go that route as well I guess, been holding off as I don't have a super recent backup, but I guess its the only option at this point.
    06-01-13 02:12 PM
    how to use split autoloader and combine autoloader ?

split autoloader is a full autoloader os?

combine autoloader is OS + radio ?
    06-01-13 08:15 PM
    how to use split autoloader and combine autoloader ?

split autoloader is a full autoloader os?

combine autoloader is OS + radio ?
    Pretty much just as you explained

Posted via CB10
    blackblaire and yuan815 like this.
    06-01-13 08:45 PM
    i think moderator should pinned this topic
    06-02-13 11:56 AM
    i think moderator should pinned this topic
    You mean sticky it?
    06-02-13 02:56 PM
    I don't think so, but I can try.
    Edit: No, doesn't work. It wants package-id. It also wants a valid signature.

Also, does anyone want Sachup or Sachibar as a Playbook or BB10 app?
    Heck yeah! Both!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:58 PM
    That's exactly what happened to mine.
    And mine, too. I also tried to Sachibar load only the 2354 OS bar and not the radio bar so that I could keep the 1881 radio that was already installed, but it wasn't possible. Or else I didn't know how to do it.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:14 PM
    And mine, too. I also tried to Sachibar load only the 2354 OS bar and not the radio bar so that I could keep the 1881 radio that was already installed, but it wasn't possible. Or else I didn't know how to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Sign me up to this club. Should we opened a new thread? Lol at least it's salvageable. Kris, any way I can add the radio to sachibar files and shoot it up using sachup?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 10:03 PM
    Sign me up to this club. Should we opened a new thread? Lol at least it's salvageable. Kris, any way I can add the radio to sachibar files and shoot it up using sachup?

Posted via CB10
    Grab the radio.bar file from a carrier and sachibar it? I'm kind of confused to your question

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 10:12 PM
    Grab the radio.bar file from a carrier and sachibar it? I'm kind of confused to your question

Posted via CB10
    Right answer Kris I just didn't think of that earlier lol. I mean I use sachibar for loading the os but then used autoloader for the radio.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:56 AM
    Right answer Kris I just didn't think of that earlier lol. I mean I use sachibar for loading the os but then used autoloader for the radio.

Posted via CB10
    I've heard that method is bricking phones

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 06:13 AM
    I have swapped radios several times using autoloaders to change radios, as there are no BAR files for non-official radio distributions and thus I can't Sachibar them.

I've yet to brick the phone doing this; I suspect USB communication problems or people getting too quick with the "it's done, pull the cord" when using that method.

I'd be interested in knowing if those who get screwed doing this can unbrick it by flashing the radio ONLY a second time.
    06-03-13 06:34 AM
    Yea it shocks me seeing the bricking by a radio flash

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 06:51 AM
    I have swapped radios several times using autoloaders to change radios, as there are no BAR files for non-official radio distributions and thus I can't Sachibar them.

I've yet to brick the phone doing this; I suspect USB communication problems or people getting too quick with the "it's done, pull the cord" when using that method.

I'd be interested in knowing if those who get screwed doing this can unbrick it by flashing the radio ONLY a second time.
    I was one of those who's device ended up with the red double blink of death after flashing with the 1881 radio file. I didn't disconnect too early, that's for sure. Not sure what caused it, perhaps a USB connection issue, I'm not sure. I've flashed the radio file before without issues on previous builds, the only difference this time was that I used Sachup/Sachibar to do my update. But, others have used that method and flashed successfully. The only reason I was flashing the radio file was to address the MMS/LTE issue. Perhaps a combination of Sachup+MMS/LTE issue created something... no idea. Very strange.
    06-03-13 07:02 AM
    OK, I tried updating to 10.1 (official, vodafone, india, stl-001) but Z10 is stuck with a boot logo since 15 minutes (shows 100% if I press on the logo).
    Am trying to download debrick images with Sachup (& cap) but want to know the codes for Country, Carrier (India, Vodafone) and if I need to change anything in API (shows 2.1.0)
    An OS update can take a LONG time on first boot; 10-15 minutes isn't all THAT unusual, especially if you have a lot of data on the phone. The reason is that you can't update a running image (it will instantly crash if you pull the code segment out from under itself) and as such the actual application of the update happens when the phone boots the first time after you load it.
    06-03-13 07:14 AM
    I've tried for the life of me to look through every thread and work out how to install .2354 on a Q10 with sachup/sachibar but can't seem to piece it all together.

My understanding is that I use sachup to grab the 2354 bar by using:

Carrier: 10
    Device: Z10
    Variant: STL100-2
    Mode: Debrick

I then use sachibar to install the OS .bar? Or I install both then flash with a Q10 radio? Sorry if these questions seems silly!
    06-03-13 08:57 AM
    Install both with Sachibar and that's it. It'll reboot when done on its own and the install should be non-destructive.

If you're coming from the last leak, however, you may have SMS or other issues as there are apparently some serious problems that with that last leak that cause problems, so take a backup first and be prepared to reload from zero (that is, making an autoloader from those two BAR files) and accept the hassle.
    06-03-13 09:25 AM
    Install both with Sachibar and that's it. It'll reboot when done on its own and the install should be non-destructive.

If you're coming from the last leak, however, you may have SMS or other issues as there are apparently some serious problems that with that last leak that cause problems, so take a backup first and be prepared to reload from zero (that is, making an autoloader from those two BAR files) and accept the hassle.
    Thanks for the reply. I can install both Romania Z10 files on a Q10..?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:35 AM
    No.

You need the Q10 radio file to go with the OS file. The OS file will load and run but the radio file will not as they're different. The Q10 radio files are here in this forum separately.

So if you're on a Q10 load the OS only, the phone will reboot, and it may or may not complain about the radio being incompatible. Then flash the proper radio file over that -- radio flashes using an autoloader are non-destructive.

That SHOULD work.
    06-03-13 09:42 AM
    No.

You need the Q10 radio file to go with the OS file. The OS file will load and run but the radio file will not as they're different. The Q10 radio files are here in this forum separately.

So if you're on a Q10 load the OS only, the phone will reboot, and it may or may not complain about the radio being incompatible. Then flash the proper radio file over that -- radio flashes using an autoloader are non-destructive.

That SHOULD work.
    Yep thanks. Think I misinterpreted your previous post. Thanks for your help!
    06-03-13 10:03 AM
    I'm thinking of adding a check to see if the radio is appropriate for the device before flashing it.
    Sator and dustmalik like this.
    06-03-13 11:35 PM
    Xsacha, I was thinking, how about including the ability to create a different type of autoloader that would allow the creation of an upgrade package in a single executable? Effectively, allowing downloaded bars to be archived into a single package that less tech savvy users could use to non-destructively upgrade their device by turning on Dev mode, plugging into USB and running the executable?

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    06-04-13 06:16 AM
    Updated Sachup + Sachibar.

Effectively, allowing downloaded bars to be archived into a single package that less tech savvy users could use to non-destructively upgrade their device by turning on Dev mode, plugging into USB and running the executable?
    Well right now all they have to do is plug in USB, turn on dev mode, run the Sachibar executable and drag in a folder (full of apps).

You want a package similar to Autoloader, but for upgrading, that does the last step for you? One issue is that they still need to enter their password.
    06-04-13 07:26 AM
    Hi xsacha,

I just loaded OS .2342 onto my Q10. I noticed at the top right corner of sachibar, beside the OS version there is a "(52%)"? Does that mean only 52% of the OS was loaded? Sorry if this question sounds stupid. Kinda new to this way of loaded OS.
    06-04-13 08:38 AM
609 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD