09-08-15 09:03 PM
609 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    1. I agree to this being stickied

2. I just updated my autoloader thread to link to this thread sorry xsacha didn't do it sooner slipped my mind

3. Do not constantly scan RIM's servers for carrier release data. Trust me it doesn't like it. I have to constantly keep and eye on my Linux box while it's scanning.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 04:04 PM
    I used Sachup to grab the update bars for 10.1.0.2354 on my Linux box today and then loaded them using the Linux version of Sachibar. The only issue I found was that dragging and dropping the bar files onto Sachibar caused an error in the load process, the first bar file caused Sachibar to spew out an "unable to determine product id" error. Selecting the bars via the button worked fine though. This isn't a big issue but I thought I would mention it. The Linux version is Linux Mint 14 Mate 64 bit (cinnamon desktop).

Great utility xsacha! Thanks for the time and effort developing it!

Is there any requirement for the bar loads (when performing an OS update) to occur over USB? Would it be possible for wifi to be used?

Russ.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:09 PM
    Yes this should be stickied.

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    05-31-13 08:16 PM
    Hi xsacha - a question: I downloaded the Upgrade files and they went to my Documents file instead of Downloads. Then was advised to use the Debrick files instead to avoid the risk of missing one (since there are only two). But when I downloaded them, I could not find them either with Sachibar or just a search (Windows 8). How can you change the location of Sachup's download/save to my Downloads file so I can always find my files? Thanks.
    It always saves to the directory you ran Sachup from. If you run it from inside a zip archive I'm not sure how it will behave.
    05-31-13 08:25 PM

Is there any requirement for the bar loads (when performing an OS update) to occur over USB? Would it be possible for wifi to be used?

Russ.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Your device will not allow the upgrade to take place if the transport is not USB.
    I looked through the code in IDA Pro and there seems to be no way around this.
    05-31-13 08:29 PM
    Just found out about this awesome tool today, used it to update from my carriers 10.1 and it went flawlessly! OS is running much smoother too.

Well done xsacha!
    05-31-13 09:37 PM
    The core OS .bar file will be in your Download folder, and the radio .bar file will be in the .2312 folder as it's the same file used for Upgrade. Just pull them together in one place and extract the .signed files to combine an autoloader.
    Phil, when I downloaded the second time, I couldn't find any core bar files outside the 2312 like u said and just pulled everything from 2312 folder (ctrl+a) and it installed just fine. I used Upgrade on this.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:40 PM
    Just posted a link to this thread in my channel as well get it some great recognition

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:31 PM
    So, a few of us who have used the sachup/sachibar "Upgrade" method have bricked their phones when flashing a lower radio file after doing the upgrade. Is this a known issue?

EDIT: This behaviour is not consistent, so it's likely something else.
    Last edited by shabbs; 06-01-13 at 08:57 AM.
    06-01-13 07:04 AM
    The browser, the phone, etc.
    How does one check the version number of the phone module installed?
    06-01-13 07:44 AM
    So, a few of us who have used the sachup/sachibar "Upgrade" method have bricked their phones when flashing a lower radio file after doing the upgrade. Is this a known issue?
    Can't really be a upgrade if your down grading

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:57 AM
    Can't really be a upgrade if your down grading
    Heh. What I meant was that I used the "Upgrade" method as opposed to "Debrick" in Sachup to get to 2354. After the update, I had the MMS/LTE issue and loaded the 1881 Radio File (a downgrade of the radio file) after, which produced the brick situation.
    06-01-13 08:59 AM
    Heh. What I meant was that I used the "Upgrade" method as opposed to "Debrick" in Sachup to get to 2354. After the update, I had the MMS/LTE issue and loaded the 1881 Radio File (a downgrade of the radio file) after, which produced the brick situation.
    Just safer to use debrick files, it's got the word right in there "debrick" it won't damage a device like upgrading to a downgrade would

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:15 AM
    Just safer to use debrick files, it's got the word right in there "debrick" it won't damage a device like upgrading to a downgrade would
    Yeah, I'll used that debrick method next time for sure. That way, I can be free to safely upgrade to a downgrade, while flashing in an upgraded radio file from a downgraded leak. What?
    06-01-13 09:20 AM
    Or just stick with autoloaders for radios since it doesn't destroy the phone

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:59 AM
    Heh. The only thing I don't like about the autoloader is the wipe it does. The non-destructive upgrade via Sachup/Sachibar was inviting. Using an autoloader creates a lot more work. We'll see next time.
    06-01-13 11:05 AM
    Heh. The only thing I don't like about the autoloader is the wipe it does. The non-destructive upgrade via Sachup/Sachibar was inviting. Using an autoloader creates a lot more work. We'll see next time.
    Radio loaders don't wipe the phone

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:05 AM
    Radio loaders don't wipe the phone
    Sorry, mis-read your post. FWIW, I did use your autoloader for the 1880 radio.
    06-01-13 11:07 AM
    Updated via sachup/sachibar after updating BB drivers on win7 VM (MAC).

Everything worked flawlessly, just reboot time a little longer now.
    06-01-13 12:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well it seems it isn't necessarily so straight forward, I upgraded to .2354 via sachibar (upgrade) and then ran the .1881 radio autoloader; now my device won't boot and I have the flashing 'red light of death'. Only thing I can do now is reload device software via link or use a full OS autoloader, which certainly is destructive.
    06-01-13 12:47 PM
    what the difference between upgrade and debrick? which one is more better? i want to download official 1720 from my carrier for backup os in the future
    06-01-13 01:23 PM
    Well it seems it isn't necessarily so straight forward, I upgraded to .2354 via sachibar (upgrade) and then ran the .1881 radio autoloader; now my device won't boot and I have the flashing 'red light of death'. Only thing I can do now is reload device software via link or use a full OS autoloader, which certainly is destructive.
    Your phone probably lost connection during the write process

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 01:30 PM
    hmmm I guess that could be possible :S
    06-01-13 01:33 PM
    That's exactly what happened to mine.
    06-01-13 01:37 PM
    That's exactly what happened to mine.
    let me know if you find a non destructive way of getting things back up and running....
    06-01-13 01:42 PM
609 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD