09-08-15 09:03 PM
609 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    It will not wipe. Note that the first boot may take a LOT longer than usual; the update is not actually applied until the phone reboots when you do this. The load goes on the phone, it resets automatically, and then it applies when the boot takes place. Don't freak out if the phone sits with the logo for a long time -- it's not locked up.

If you run into a compatibility problem with the upgrade (and it can happen) you will wind up having to use an autoloader to clear it, so do take a backup before you flash using Sachibar because otherwise if you run into trouble you'll be stuck reloading all your stuff by hand!
    Thanks man,

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:17 PM
    Ok, thanks for the replay. Just some guidance please.

1. Llocate the file with sachup and download all files.
    2. Open sachibar and drag the files sachup downloaded.
    3. Connect the phone in developer mode and wait for the phone to restart.

is that the correct sequence or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
    Somewhere in AVAST you need to put that specific directory to exclude. This way AVAST will ignore the files.
    05-29-13 11:31 PM
    Uploading the latest OS bar on a Q10 does not fully upgrade the OS.

On the device, I see "Installing", with a progress bar, while in Sachibar I see "Sending" and nothing else.
    After a while (~50% on the device), I see the percentage in Sachibar, but they do not match what is going on on the device.
    At 100% the device reboots, but the OS is incomplete.
    Last edited by ofutur; 05-30-13 at 08:53 AM.
    05-30-13 08:39 AM

On the device, I see "Installing", with a progress bar, while in Sachibar I see "Sending" and nothing else.
    After a while (~50% on the device), I see the percentage in Sachibar, but they do not match what is going on on the device.
    At 100% the device reboots, but the OS is incomplete, less than 70%.
    How do you know that the OS is incomplete ?
    05-30-13 08:48 AM
    How do you know that the OS is incomplete ?
    Some apps are not updated.
    05-30-13 08:54 AM
    Some apps are not updated.
    Which apps didn't got updated ?
    05-30-13 09:29 AM
    Maybe this is the issue that my battery drains so quick after having updated my Q10 to the latest OS using Sachibar?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:41 AM
    Which apps didn't got updated ?
    The browser, the phone, etc.
    05-30-13 09:50 AM

At 100% the device reboots, but the OS is incomplete.
    This seems to be the way the status bar works. The Blackberry spilts the whole process into 2 parts, and assigns each of them 50%.

Part one is the receiving of the file itself, nothing more. So as the file is being sent to the blackberry, the status bar moves from 0 to 50% complete.

Part 2 is the actual installation - and that gets the other 50%. So as it's installing it moves the status bar from 51% - 100%

Now my theory here is that the blackberry is reporting just the installation progress back to sachibar which is where the confusion is.

The numbers do match up though, if you divide the sachibar progress by 2, then add 50.
    05-30-13 09:58 AM
    The browser, the phone, etc.
    The same appears to occur with loading the OS 2354 bar file via Sachibar. Browser is not updated to 10.1.0.70.
    05-30-13 10:00 AM
    The same appears to occur with loading the OS 2354 bar file via Sachibar. Browser is not updated to 10.1.0.70.
    Try rebooting one more time.
    05-30-13 10:07 AM
    Try rebooting one more time.
    Persists after multiple reboots.

As all the individual "upgrade" BARs are available for the 2354 update via Sachup, I would suggest trying to downloading those and load them through Sachibar to perform the move to 2354.
    05-30-13 10:42 AM
    Persists after multiple reboots.

As all the individual "upgrade" BARs are available for the 2354 update via Sachup, I would suggest trying to downloading those and load them through Sachibar to perform the move to 2354.
    I misread your original comment, I thought that's what you did already. Apparently you ran into the same issue I did. OS upload doesn't work, individual bar uploading does.
    05-30-13 10:53 AM
    And how do you perform an individual update of the bars?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:01 PM
    Is their a script to make sachup automatically scan all country and carrier codes for new updates?
    nickdollimount likes this.
    05-30-13 04:12 PM
    I think @admin should consider making this thread sticky as it's very much valuable for BB10 users.
    b320 likes this.
    05-30-13 08:39 PM
    Yup. This should really be stickied. Just got my OS update first time thru sachibar and im liking it more than via autoloader. Restoring backups, native and sideload apps can be very time consuming.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 10:09 PM
    And how do you perform an individual update of the bars?
    You should be able to drag and drop multiple BAR files into the middle of the Sachibar window and they should install one after each other (unless I'm mistaken).
    05-30-13 11:10 PM
    You should be able to drag and drop multiple BAR files into the middle of the Sachibar window and they should install one after each other (unless I'm mistaken).
    You can also stick them in a folder and drop the folder on to Sachibar.
    05-31-13 07:21 AM
    Is their a script to make sachup automatically scan all country and carrier codes for new updates?
    Found that myself, and it is a perfect reference for those who like to explore. I've also tried to determine where (or whether) the complete OS database is downloaded via Sachup, since subsequent "scans" seem fairly instantaneous. Haven't found it yet.

If the database is grabbed locally, then that would be immensely helpful. If not, perhaps I could whip up a script for scanning all carriers...kinda like the one that was done for legacy OSes.
    I'm afraid that scans are time-rated and introducing an 'Auto scan' button will make them block certain identifiers in the scan such as PIN or Serial.
    Fair enough....a script is obviously a Bad Idea then. And that's good information to know.
    05-31-13 08:16 AM
    Hi xsacha - a question: I downloaded the Upgrade files and they went to my Documents file instead of Downloads. Then was advised to use the Debrick files instead to avoid the risk of missing one (since there are only two). But when I downloaded them, I could not find them either with Sachibar or just a search (Windows 8). How can you change the location of Sachup's download/save to my Downloads file so I can always find my files? Thanks.
    05-31-13 10:36 AM
    I did have this same issue when downloading 2354 via sachup. Just couldn't find the bar files or folder containing them. I just redownload them back and while it's downloading, checked the sachibar directory and there's the folder '10.1.0.2312' in it. Its weird but I thought if it happens twice, then im gonna go crazy posting it up lol. Thank God it didn't.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 12:05 PM
    I did have this same issue when downloading 2354 via sachup. Just couldn't find the bar files or folder containing them. I just redownload them back and while it's downloading, checked the sachibar directory and there's the folder '10.1.0.2312' in it. Its weird but I thought if it happens twice, then im gonna go crazy posting it up lol. Thank God it didn't.

Posted via CB10
    I found that 2312 folder but it only had the initial large bunch of files I downloaded in the Upgrade setting, not the two Debrick files (e.g com.qnx.coreos etc).
    05-31-13 01:25 PM
    Hey guys.

I have reverse-engineered a lot of the internal tools used on your Blackberry 10 device. I now present you with my findings, a firmware grabber application called Sachup and an application (.bar) side-loader and operating system+radio installer Sachibar:
    Many thanks for this wicked utility. Updated my Z10 today using the "Upgrade" method. So much better to not have to go through a wipe, install, restore, re-sideload, re-configure etc...

Much appreciated!
    05-31-13 02:10 PM
    I found that 2312 folder but it only had the initial large bunch of files I downloaded in the Upgrade setting, not the two Debrick files (e.g com.qnx.coreos etc).
    The core OS .bar file will be in your Download folder, and the radio .bar file will be in the .2312 folder as it's the same file used for Upgrade. Just pull them together in one place and extract the .signed files to combine an autoloader.
    05-31-13 02:36 PM
609 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD