09-08-15 09:03 PM
609 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Sorry for the bugs in splitter/combiner. I'm about to upload a version that has all the bugs fixed. Thanks for the reports.
    xsacha thanks for all your hard work and the recent bug fixes. The current version of Sachup (dated 27May13) appears to have the following issues:
    - when performing a "Split Autoloader" command and then canceling, the process appears to cancel within the application but temporary files continue to be generated unless the application is closed, at which point the temporary files remain in the application's directory
    - the Combine Autoloader function assumes that the .signed files being combined are valid and the function appears to simply append the files rather than using autoloader / cap to package an autoloader, therefore, if invalid .signed files are fed to Sachup, the autoloader that results will fail a fileinfo command (haven't tried flashing using an invalid autoloader but it does open)
    - the autoloader / cap used appears to be older and of lower version than the cap previously posted (v3.10.0.12 from December 2012 rather than v3.10.1.0b from May 2013)

EDIT: using the Combine Autoloader function results in autoloaders that fail their built-in fileinfo function even when valid .signed files are selected in the Combine Autoloader dialog box, resulting in an "Error: File not valid" message
    Last edited by b320; 05-26-13 at 11:12 PM.
    05-26-13 10:26 PM
    Ah, so I guess I need to actually use cap.exe to create them instead of creating them myself. :\
    I was trying to use a solution that would work on Linux. Maybe I can still get it working without cap.exe if I just handled the fileinfo properly. Not sure how to check if they are valid .signed files though.

None of those are showstopper bugs so I'll fix them within the week.
    05-26-13 11:38 PM
    It's a great job!
    05-27-13 12:46 AM
    Ah, so I guess I need to actually use cap.exe to create them instead of creating them myself. :\
    I was trying to use a solution that would work on Linux. Maybe I can still get it working without cap.exe if I just handled the fileinfo properly. Not sure how to check if they are valid .signed files though.

None of those are showstopper bugs so I'll fix them within the week.
    Yeah, I figured you wanted to maintain the ability to perform the combines without having to use a Windows-based executable. If the files are just slapped together in the regular autoloaders, perhaps the combine method is introducing extra characters or somehow mangling the source files. People should be warned to not expect to use the autoloaders resulting from the Combine process.

A way to check validity of .signed files is to try to run them through autoloader / cap with either the create or the fileinfo command as follows:
    Code:
    cap.exe fileinfo file.signed OR
    cap.exe fileinfo file.signed file.exe
    This requires the ability to run a Windows-based executable as well, however.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-27-13 04:35 AM
    Yes, I originally used cap.exe but changed it to slapping the files together so it would work on Linux.
    This seemed to work in my tests.

Apart from fileinfo not working, does this work for flashing the device in your tests?
    05-27-13 05:57 AM
    It can't work if the autoloaders fail the checks.
    > Autoloader_MyRom.exe fileinfo
    Code:
    RIM Wireless Device Command-Line Auto-Programmer Version 3.10.0.12 (Win32) [Dec  6 2012 11:11:46]
    Copyright 2012 Research In Motion Limited

[              Reading File 0x00000000 ] [############## 100 ##############]

Error: Failed to load images.

Error: File not valid
    05-27-13 06:16 AM
    It can't work if the autoloaders fail the checks.
    > Autoloader_MyRom.exe fileinfo
    Code:
    RIM Wireless Device Command-Line Auto-Programmer Version 3.10.0.12 (Win32) [Dec  6 2012 11:11:46]
    Copyright 2012 Research In Motion Limited

[              Reading File 0x00000000 ] [############## 100 ##############]

Error: Failed to load images.

Error: File not valid
    I get the same error
    05-27-13 10:37 AM
    Figure I might be able to help here with my findings. Creating an autoloader isn't just the concatenation of 2 and/or 3 files, a very small addition is inserted between cap.exe and the first signed file. Though I haven't figured it out perfectly, I have found out enough to know what's wrong with the combined files I'm getting in the May27th release

The section (in hex) right before the first .signed file in the autoloader looks like this.

9C D5 C5 97 9C D5 C5 97 9C D5 C5 97 02 00 00 00
    00 00 00 00 34 A4 6E 00 00 00 00 00 64 A6 E3 01
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    00 00 00 00

(Note: Always 68 bytes long)

The "9C D5 C5 97" repeated 3 times appears to be a signature of sorts, just leaving it alone seems safe enough.

The rest needs to be updated each time - I'm treating them like 32 bit integers, but there's a good chance that the file offsets at least are 64 bit

The next "02 00 00 00" is the number of files in the autoloader - 1 for just radio, or 2 for radio + OS (this is important for the next 2 steps)
    The "34 A4 6E 00" is the offset of the first file - this is usually correct, but only when using the same version of cap.exe

- remember this is little endian, so when you look at it it really is "00 6E A4 34" which matches to the beginning of the 1st signed file

The part that's getting screwed up mostly would be "64 A6 E3 01" which should be the offset of the beginning of the 2nd .signed file, or "00 00 00 00" if only 1 file.

You can use the same header for splitting purposes since it'll tell you exactly where to look for each file and how many files to look for.

Added:

I never really tested my theories too much, but I went back and did some now so here are some extra results.
    CAP permits up to 6 files, so just insert their offsets appropriately.
    I added another line of nulls to the hex to make the appropriate 68 byte header.
    The offsets are 64 bit integers - cap can create some massive files so this is testable, but since it's a 32 bit executable it won't work anyway once it hits that size so all I really did was confirm that the null spaces between the offsets was really still just part of the offset.

So the basic structure could look like this

uint32 signature_1
    uint32 signature_2
    uint32 signature_3
    uint64 number_of_files
    uint64 offset_1
    uint64 offset_2
    uint64 offset_3
    uint64 offset_4
    uint64 offset_5
    uint64 offset_6
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 05-27-13 at 03:52 PM.
    b320, Mecca EL, ofutur and 1 others like this.
    05-27-13 10:50 AM
    Thanks. I noticed this header after cap.exe but just assumed they were all the same. Will update Sachup with that code now
    b320, Lendo and zocster like this.
    05-27-13 08:03 PM
    Thanks. I noticed this header after cap.exe but just assumed they were all the same. Will update Sachup with that code now
    Would it be possible to add a Security Wipe command to Sachibar?
    05-27-13 09:14 PM
    Would it be possible to add a Security Wipe command to Sachibar?
    Oh would that be nice LOL
    05-27-13 09:16 PM
    Updated it to fix fileinfo.
    Sator, Lendo and sbmd like this.
    05-27-13 10:52 PM
    xsacha, great work man. Well done.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-28-13 03:48 AM
    So when you combine the .signed file into an autoloader they'll work now?
    05-28-13 07:46 AM
    So when you combine the .signed file into an autoloader they'll work now?
    They should per xsacha. You can check if the resulting autoloader files are valid by running the fileinfo command on them.
    05-28-13 09:38 AM
    I was installing a FW it was sending some files and it shows 0%.....0%.....0%...sent
    is that ok ??
    05-28-13 12:31 PM
    Sorry but Avast antivirus keep telling that sachup.exe is a suspicious file and won't let me extract it from the zip file, I'm running windows 7... any clues how to solve this?
    05-29-13 12:33 AM
    Thanks! Working flawlessly, keep up the great work!
    05-29-13 01:39 AM
    Sorry but Avast antivirus keep telling that sachup.exe is a suspicious file and won't let me extract it from the zip file, I'm running windows 7... any clues how to solve this?
    It's probably a false negative. you may have to allow it through Avast's firewall or mark it as a trusted file somewhere in your Avast. i don't use Avast, so i'm unfamiliar with the procedure, but it should be there for you to see.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Last edited by dustmalik; 05-29-13 at 09:59 AM.
    05-29-13 05:42 AM
    Runs fine with Avira free ...

05-29-13 09:44 AM
    Ok, thanks for the replay. Just some guidance please.

1. Llocate the file with sachup and download all files.
    2. Open sachibar and drag the files sachup downloaded.
    3. Connect the phone in developer mode and wait for the phone to restart.

is that the correct sequence or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
    05-29-13 10:15 AM
    Can install the files obtained using debrick mode and then run the process again using the ones from the update method?
    or is this redundant?
    I was wondering in case this way I could have everything up to date with the latest releases
    05-29-13 12:12 PM
    Can install the files obtained using debrick mode and then run the process again using the ones from the update method?
    or is this redundant?
    I was wondering in case this way I could have everything up to date with the latest releases
    That's redundant. The debrick files are the entire load in two files instead of a bunch of files.

In THEORY (and sometimes in practice) you can non-destructively load using Sachibar. The latest attempt worked except for completely borking text messages, which wound up forcing me to do a destructive load -- but I've successfully used it non-destructively before.
    HipPo13 likes this.
    05-29-13 12:42 PM
    If we choose debrick method, and load debrick files with sachibar, is it safe for our data or it will wipe anything in phone like using autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 09:22 PM
    If we choose debrick method, and load debrick files with sachibar, is it safe for our data or it will wipe anything in phone like using autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    It will not wipe. Note that the first boot may take a LOT longer than usual; the update is not actually applied until the phone reboots when you do this. The load goes on the phone, it resets automatically, and then it applies when the boot takes place. Don't freak out if the phone sits with the logo for a long time -- it's not locked up.

If you run into a compatibility problem with the upgrade (and it can happen) you will wind up having to use an autoloader to clear it, so do take a backup before you flash using Sachibar because otherwise if you run into trouble you'll be stuck reloading all your stuff by hand!
    05-29-13 10:02 PM
609 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD