09-08-15 09:03 PM
609 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Thank you xsacha...
    05-26-13 08:00 AM
    Thanks xsacha. I'm using it now and the split feature works great. One thing I noticed though, is that it's saving the signed files to the directory where sachup.exe is located instead of where the autoloader is located. No big deal though, the tool works great. Much appreciated!
    05-26-13 08:22 AM
    It's showing 10.0.9.348 ... that seems a little odd no?
    You might be looking at a device that Rogers doesn't sell. Is it STL 100-3?
    Also, I made a typo for Country. Canada is 302 (not 322).

One thing I noticed though, is that it's saving the signed files to the directory where sachup.exe is located instead of where the autoloader is located.
    Thanks, I'll fix in next version.
    05-26-13 08:35 AM
    Thanks for the update sacha.

I'm having issues with the Split Autoloader feature on most of the recent leaked OS builds. It seems to split the original autoloader fine into OS signed and radio signed files, but when I try to create an autoloader for the radio file using cap, it says that the file is invalid.

Any idea why?

EDIT: just tried creating a radio autoloader using the Combile Autoloader feature instead of using cap, and this works fine. I guess cap is no longer required now?
    05-26-13 08:47 AM
    xsacha, i observed that When an autoloader is created with it, and then run the autoloader it just opens and doesn't proceed to 'Connecting to bootrom', but rather it just closes.
    05-26-13 08:54 AM
    Thanks for the update sacha.

I'm having issues with the Split Autoloader feature on most of the recent leaked OS builds. It seems to split the original autoloader fine into OS signed and radio signed files, but when I try to create an autoloader for the radio file using cap, it says that the file is invalid.

Any idea why?
    I observed the same thing too, i forgot to mention it in my previous post. please xsacha look into it. thanks for your hard work.
    05-26-13 08:57 AM
    I observed the same thing too, i forgot to mention it in my previous post. please xsacha look into it. thanks for your hard work.
    Use the Combine Autoloader feature in Sachup instead of cap. This works fine.
    Sator likes this.
    05-26-13 09:03 AM
    Can I make an autoloader with the files downloaded from sachup? not the .signed files, but the 167 files it downloaded?
    05-26-13 10:20 AM
    Can I make an autoloader with the files downloaded from sachup? not the .signed files, but the 167 files it downloaded?
    No you need the *.signed files to create a autoloader

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:15 AM
    No you need the *.signed files to create a autoloader

Posted via CB10
    Is there a way/a tool that can read *.signed files, so that we can edit the files? So far I can "shrink" the languages files (+/-125mb lighter) out directly from my z10 but not the other apps.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-26-13 11:21 AM
    Is there a way/a tool that can read *.signed files, so that we can edit the files? So far I can "shrink" the languages files (+/-125mb lighter) out directly from my z10 but not the other apps.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Open *.signed with a hex editor

Posted via CB10
    Sator likes this.
    05-26-13 11:28 AM
    You can decompile it in a *nix based OS (or so I've been told) but you won't be able to resign it and as a result won't be able to install it.
    Sator likes this.
    05-26-13 11:28 AM
    All the files come as .signed.bar
    05-26-13 11:31 AM
    All the files come as .signed.bar
    When you spilt them from autoloader or on initial download?

If on download you need to extract *.signed through winrar or 7zip

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:34 AM
    When you spilt them from autoloader or on initial download?

If on download you need to extract *.signed through winrar or 7zip

Posted via CB10
    I'm talking about the files downloaded from the 10.1.0.273 update that SachUp provides.
    05-26-13 11:35 AM
    I'm talking about the files downloaded from the 10.1.0.273 update that SachUp provides.
    Than yes they come as a .bar file which needs to be extracted a .bar file is just another compression file type like zip or rar

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:38 AM
    You can take the two BAR files that a "debrick" pull from Sachup gives you, extract the .signed files, and make an autoloader.

I have no idea what happens if you grab one of the myriad .BAR files that an UPGRADE pull gives you, extract the .signed file from that, turn that into an autoloader and try to flash it. It is entirely possible that this would soft-brick the phone as it may erase the data partition and leave you with only the small piece you loaded and no operating system! I've not tried that....

Sachibar will non-destructively load either the debrick files OR the individual components without complaint, so you can go back to one of the carrier versions without a data wipe and restore. It would be nice if the leaks came in .BAR format as then you could go forward as well, but so far either the leakers haven't gotten the files in that format or have been unable/unwilling to release them this way and the manifests and signatures that are originally in the BAR files are likely difficult or even impossible to re-create successfully (if there is a cryptographic signature that requires the private key to create, and is not actually contained in the .signed file, for example, you're screwed trying to re-create it.)
    Sator likes this.
    05-26-13 12:01 PM
    I have no idea what happens if you grab one of the myriad .BAR files that an UPGRADE pull gives you, extract the .signed file from that, turn that into an autoloader and try to flash it. It is entirely possible that this would soft-brick the phone as it may erase the data partition and leave you with only the small piece you loaded and no operating system! I've not tried that....
    This is speculation, but based on the need for a security wipe for many people when updating to Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2342, I'm guessing only new files are overwritten. You might still have a soft brick from incompatible files, but I don't think it would be from an incomplete OS
    Again, speculation.
    05-26-13 12:35 PM
    No, it clearly does overwrite some things. I have a scadload of data on my phone, partly becasue I have an offline nav program loaded (~2GB of data for the map) and a check of free space immediately after flashing shows that has "disappeared." Restoring the backup puts it back, of course.

Loading via Sachibar is known not to wipe data or programs, as I have successfully downgraded from a leak to the official Rogers firmware non-destructively using the two Rogers debrick files using it. But if those two files are made into an autoloader it is a destructive load.

The exception is radio files which you can flash over an existing installation using an autoloader that contains ONLY a radio file; that appears to be a completely separate partition in the flash and can be re-written without disturbing the filesystem as a whole. This is very similar to many Android phones where you can flash a radio file without disturbing the underlying OS.
    05-26-13 12:52 PM
    Yes the OS and Radio are on two separate partitions.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:05 PM
    No, it clearly does overwrite some things. I have a scadload of data on my phone, partly becasue I have an offline nav program loaded (~2GB of data for the map) and a check of free space immediately after flashing shows that has "disappeared." Restoring the backup puts it back, of course.

Loading via Sachibar is known not to wipe data or programs, as I have successfully downgraded from a leak to the official Rogers firmware non-destructively using the two Rogers debrick files using it. But if those two files are made into an autoloader it is a destructive load.

The exception is radio files which you can flash over an existing installation using an autoloader that contains ONLY a radio file; that appears to be a completely separate partition in the flash and can be re-written without disturbing the filesystem as a whole. This is very similar to many Android phones where you can flash a radio file without disturbing the underlying OS.
    I meant system files. The app section is, of course, wiped by the autoloader.
    05-26-13 01:07 PM
    Sorry for the bugs in splitter/combiner. I'm about to upload a version that has all the bugs fixed. Thanks for the reports.
    Sator and Mecca EL like this.
    05-26-13 07:50 PM
    Sorry for the bugs in splitter/combiner. I'm about to upload a version that has all the bugs fixed. Thanks for the reports.
    Thanks Sacha.
    Can you not load a .signed directly using Sachibar?
    05-26-13 07:57 PM
    Ok, new version is up now.

Thanks Sacha.
    Can you not load a .signed directly using Sachibar?
    No. Sachibar can only load .bar's. The method it uses checks for signatures.
    Only the bootrom can read .signed directly.
    Sator, Lendo and Mecca EL like this.
    05-26-13 08:04 PM
    FYI, Sachup works perfectly in Linux using Wine
    Sator likes this.
    05-26-13 10:22 PM
609 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD