09-08-15 10:03 PM
609 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Also, does anyone want Sachup or Sachibar as a Playbook or BB10 app?
    That would be really cool, yes... "Choose a carrier package" update capability that makes the update process effectively carrier-independent, granular as desired by the user and OTA would be an utterly awesome thing.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    05-24-13 09:11 AM
    Well you'd have to use a second BB10 device (or Playbook) to update the first.
    The internal firewall blocks local installs.

For the upgrade, you'd need a USB connection.
    So for, example: You could run Sachibar on a Playbook to upgrade a Z10 over USB.

If anyone here has a different device (like Android, Symbian, Meego, etc) you could upgrade from that device instead. I'd need to create an installer for that OS though.

Basically the idea is you don't need a PC.
    05-24-13 07:34 PM
    Is there any way to extract the signed files from the autoloaders used in the leaked versions?
    05-24-13 09:49 PM
    I am attempting to figure out what the header is on the .signed files; if I can determine something unique and deterministic I can write a parser that will split autoloaders.

No time estimate on this however.
    05-24-13 10:06 PM
    I am attempting to figure out what the header is on the .signed files; if I can determine something unique and deterministic I can write a parser that will split autoloaders.No time estimate on this however.
    That would be sweet, I spent about 10 minutes scrolling through the hex of an autoloader getting nowhere before I gave up
    05-24-13 10:11 PM
    I am attempting to figure out what the header is on the .signed files; if I can determine something unique and deterministic I can write a parser that will split autoloaders.

No time estimate on this however.
    Well it's pretty easy to find out:
    Download an OS.bar or Radio.bar from Sachup. You can see what the entire file looks like.

Anyway, I did the hard work for you. This is the header for the OS and Radio files. When you find this, it's the start of the new file.
    6D 66 63 71 00 00 00 00 01
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-25-13 at 01:41 AM.
    05-25-13 12:59 AM
    Download an OS.bar or Radio.bar from Sachup. You can see what the entire file looks like.

Anyway, I did the hard work for you. This is the header for the OS and Radio files. When you find this, it's the start of the new file.
    Can i install firmware leaks without wiping ?
    05-25-13 03:03 AM
    No, they only provide autoloaders.
    05-25-13 08:21 AM

See the other thread on such; I just posted a link to a little "C" program that will split autoloaders. The primary use for this is that it makes it VERY easy to split off radios, which can be turned back into autoloaders and then sent up non-destructively.

This should make "mix and match" radio code use trivial and that may be very useful for people with stability problems.

If we could figure out how to turn .signed files back into BARs we would then have the holy grail -- the ability to non-destructively change not only the radio BUT ALSO THE OS!
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    05-25-13 10:57 AM
    this tool deserves a donation, please supply a button for it thanks.
    05-25-13 08:05 PM
    this tool deserves a donation, please supply a button for it thanks.
    A donate link is in xsacha's forum signature:
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise (on AppWorld), Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachup, Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of Bubble Kid, Qupzilla, Dukto, Wesnoth and other apps. If you like my free and opensource projects, donate to me here.
    Specifically: http://qtness.com/donate.html
    05-25-13 08:10 PM
    ...If we could figure out how to turn .signed files back into BARs we would then have the holy grail -- the ability to non-destructively change not only the radio BUT ALSO THE OS!
    The difference between a BAR file containing an OS and the standalone .signed OS is the manifest that contains signatures and other metadata (as pointed out by xsacha / others previously). However, these are intended as de-brick images. This probably won't lead to non-destructive upgrades.

To provide a "leak" that performs an in-place upgrade, you would need to break the it down to valid, loadable BARs for each individual component that you want to replace (update). This is theoretically possible for apps, including preloaded apps, but it doesn't appear that the tools we have right now (official or unofficial) allow for replacing at least some of the system files this way, that is other than the official Software Updates mechanism in the BlackBerry 10 Settings app. It might be possible to trick the Software Updates app with proxies and such to load the leaked in-place upgrade BARs but that would be neither a clean nor an elegant solution.
    Lendo likes this.
    05-25-13 08:21 PM
    Done. Could barely see it, hence why asked for a button

A donate link is in xsacha's forum signature:

Specifically: http://qtness.com/donate.html
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-13 08:25 PM
    The difference between a BAR file containing an OS and the standalone .signed OS is the manifest that contains signatures and other metadata (as pointed out by xsacha / others previously). However, these are intended as de-brick images. This probably won't lead to non-destructive upgrades.
    No, you're incorrect. I have taken the Debrick files that were grabbed with sachup and successfully loaded them on my Z-10 -- the update was non-destructive.

I didn't expect that, but it's what it did -- all my data, including side-loaded apps and their data, remained unmolested.
    05-25-13 11:02 PM
    No, you're incorrect. I have taken the Debrick files that were grabbed with sachup and successfully loaded them on my Z-10 -- the update was non-destructive.

I didn't expect that, but it's what it did -- all my data, including side-loaded apps and their data, remained unmolested.
    Which build did this work with? Was it radio and OS or just one of those?
    05-25-13 11:15 PM
    Which build did this work with? Was it radio and OS or just one of those?
    I reverted from 1880 to 1720/1721 (official Rogers), both radio and OS debrick images, using Sachibar. I expected the radio load to be non-destructive but did not expect the OS to be -- but it was.
    05-25-13 11:22 PM
    I reverted from 1880 to 1720/1721 (official Rogers), both radio and OS debrick images, using Sachibar. I expected the radio load to be non-destructive but did not expect the OS to be -- but it was.
    You loaded the debrick BAR file for the OS using Sachibar rather than autoloader, correct?
    05-25-13 11:30 PM
    You loaded the debrick BAR file for the OS using Sachibar rather than autoloader, correct?
    Correct. Two BAR files; radio and OS.
    05-25-13 11:36 PM
    Updated Sachup with integrated Autoloader Split & Combiner.
    Side-effect: download size has increased by ~7MB (for including cap.exe).
    05-26-13 07:53 AM
    So what is the use of this feature?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:15 AM
    Updated Sachup with integrated Autoloader Split & Combiner.
    Side-effect: download size has increased by ~7MB (for including cap.exe).
    Wonderful work man. You are the best.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-26-13 08:18 AM
    So what is the use of this feature?
    You can create an autoloader.exe from .signed files OR extract .signed files from an autoloader.exe.

Just click the button and choose the file(s).

It's used for creating hybrid autoloaders (with files collected from Sachup or leaked on forums). For example, adding a STL 100-4 radio to a leaked SQN 100-3 autoloader.
    05-26-13 08:22 AM
    Do I have to change setting for Country=Canada and Carrier=Rogers?
    05-26-13 08:26 AM
    Do I have to change setting for Country=Canada and Carrier=Rogers?
    If you want to see what firmware that Rogers is offering, Country = 322 and Carrier = 720 according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_country_code
    05-26-13 08:33 AM
    If you want to see what firmware that Rogers is offering, Country = 322 and Carrier = 720 according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_country_code
    It's showing 10.0.9.348 ... that seems a little odd no?
    05-26-13 08:58 AM
609 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD