02-18-14 06:10 AM
72 123
tools
    So I followed the thread to the letter about how to do a non destructive update using Sachesi, and I've done it a few times, yet the update won't take.

I'm updating from 1925 btw.

Does anyone have any idea why?
    Hi radeon, try download the debrick files using sachesi. It consist of 2 files, one is the radio and the other one is the OS. Once those 2 are downloaded, usually the files were in. zip, change it to.bar. After that, sideload those 2 bars using sachesi, it will upgrade your phone just as an OTA will do.

I've done this several times with success.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:43 PM
    Software number will update once it connects to server and checks for update I believe
    Radeon, could it be you are still in airplane mode ?
    (sorry for these silly questions, but trying to figure out simple problems first)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-15-14 at 09:01 PM.
    02-15-14 08:45 PM
    Radeon, could it be you are still in airplane mode ?
    (sorry for these silly questions, but trying to figure out simple problems first)
    No, if the device is in airplane mode, it still would update your OS version. The only thing it wouldn't update is the software version. Since none of the other things stuck, it means that sachesi isn't actually loading onto the device, or that the device isn't saving what is being sent over
    After sachesi sends the files, the phone should automatically reboot. The fact that the phone didn't reboot tells me that it's essentially not updating the core OS, or even updating at all
    Superfly_FR and just_luc like this.
    02-15-14 09:11 PM
    How long does it take to load a full OS through Sachesi?

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-15-14 09:13 PM
    How long does it take to load a full OS through Sachesi?

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    What do you mean? You wanna load the update bar files? It should take about 20 minutes to around 30 minutes depending on your computer speed and usb connection
    A whole debrick image can't be loaded with sachesi. You would have to use autoloader. That will take about 3 minutes, but will wipe all your pre-existing data
    02-15-14 09:27 PM
    took about 15-20 minutes from 0-100 percent. it would have been substantially quicker if i would have just used an autoloader in the first place.

i went out for a little bit and my battery drained from 100 to 30 percent in less than 3 hours, so i need to run the autoloader now. nice.
    02-15-14 09:38 PM
    Hi radeon, try download the debrick files using sachesi. It consist of 2 files, one is the radio and the other one is the OS. Once those 2 are downloaded, usually the files were in. zip, change it to.bar. After that, sideload those 2 bars using sachesi, it will upgrade your phone just as an OTA will do.

I've done this several times with success.

Posted via CB10
    This is the right way to do a non destructive load (both debrick. Bar signed files already), sideload both files using sachesi (flight mode on and dev mode on) and will show the OS and Software release update. Do a reboot/batt pull after you've finished sideloading the files.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:08 PM
    This is the right way to do a non destructive load (both debrick. Bar signed files already), sideload both files using sachesi (flight mode on and dev mode on) and will show the OS and Software release update. Do a reboot/batt pull after you've finished sideloading the files.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, that's wrong. You don't get any of the updated app files (sys.pim.*, camera, android, etc). You MUST load them separately along with the radio/os bar files (doesn't matter if they're the debrick or upgrade ones) if doing it non-destructively.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg, Omnitech and Elite1 like this.
    02-15-14 11:29 PM
    I thought battery pull is dangerous for bb10?? Smh

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:37 PM
    Sorry, that's wrong. You don't get any of the updated app files (sys.pim.*, camera, android, etc). You MUST load them separately along with the radio/os bar files (doesn't matter if they're the debrick or upgrade ones) if doing it non-destructively.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you're corect Darcy

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:57 PM
    I thought battery pull is dangerous for bb10?? Smh

Posted via CB10
    Cutting power on occasion to any electronic with a capacitor that is constantly on is never a bad idea.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:55 AM
    The additional Files are the new OS. You have to restart to get the OS working.
    But installing additional things without restart can cause problems.
    Idea: Get into the schsischen folder, rename the OS Folder and start with a new download. Did you choose the right device?

I had problems with sachesi too, but the problem was corrupted Files.
    I used the Vodafone Germany files and they work.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-16-14 04:25 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Well, that's the reason why I suggested this "all-in" update method.
    While advanced users will feel comfortable with apps, bar names and versions, most won't.
    More, I'm not able to figure how dependencies are handled and while one can state "I've sideloaded x/y/z bar(s) successfully" it's pretty hard to set it as a rule for past, current and next releases.

I'm sorry for you Radeon that you went into these problems, but the guide method has been tested on my side over two devices and I've since redirected a few friends and some CB users with different devices and it has been applied succesfully so far. Still can't figure what your problem was, it would be great for the community if we can try to track what happened. It is really weird that you device didn't restart at the end of the process and the 5Gb extra data you mention is an enigma to me as - if I refer to my Z30 - the whole system files only weight 2.41 Gb after full install.
    Something didn't happen at some point ... "what" is the question here.

I'll be on the road whole day but I'll check during my "pit stops"
    Have a nice Sunday,
    Cheers
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-16-14 at 07:26 AM.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-16-14 05:32 AM
    I did update to 10.2.1.2141 (all files in folder) with Sachesi but radio version still 10.2.1.1926??
    Is it possible to install with Sachesi just the qc8960.wtr5-10.2.1.2142-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar ? I tried to drag the file but nothing happening?
    02-16-14 07:04 AM
    Reposting here.

STL 100-1 on leaked 1925/1926.

Downloaded all files, 154 in all from Sachesi using 262/02.

Installed using Sachesi, Install Folder.

Updated to 2141, non destructive. Retained all BBW and Android Apps.

No issues so far. Battery is average, but usage dependent more than anything seriously amiss.

See attached.

Sachesi and "OTA" Upgrades-img_20140215_164613.png

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-16-14 07:16 AM
    I did update to 10.2.1.2141 (all files in folder) with Sachesi but radio version still 10.2.1.1926?? Is it possible to install with Sachesi just the qc8960.wtr5-10.2.1.2142-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar ? I tried to drag the file but nothing happening?
    Try autoloading the new radio file only.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-16-14 07:19 AM
    Try autoloading the new radio file only.
    ^ This

Autoloader of a radio file, alone, will not be destructive.
    Although, neither will loading it with Sachesi.

If an update isn't taking even though it says it is installing a 'Core OS', the update file is either: 1) Not the correct one for that phone or 2) Corrupted
    If it reboots, it usually means the file was fine. Not rebooting means the update was cancelled. So, the phone didn't like what it was sent.
    jpvj, Superfly_FR and Omnitech like this.
    02-16-14 08:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    I loaded the two debrick files and after a reboot loaded only the new app bars over 1925 as compared with DBBT and it worked flawlessy. Very smooth.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:47 AM
    I loaded the two debrick files and after a reboot loaded only the new app bars over 1925 as compared with DBBT and it worked flawlessy. Very smooth.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, my friend did the same as you did.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    02-16-14 09:51 AM
    What Sacha said is right... Redownload it from another source and try again, if anything autoloader it. Another thing how long did the whole sending take?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-16-14 05:22 PM
    Cutting power on occasion to any electronic with a capacitor that is constantly on is never a bad idea.

I don't think so.

Cutting power on a device running an operating system that has continuously running background processes that prefer to be terminated gracefully rather than just have the "rug pulled out from under them" is almost always a BAD idea.

The only time you should pull power on a device like that is if there are absolutely no other ways to restart it - ie it does not respond to the power button.

Sachesi and "OTA" Upgrades-z10_ninja_dont_pull_battery_cpr.png
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-16-14 08:33 PM
    It is really weird that you device didn't restart at the end of the process and the 5Gb extra data you mention is an enigma to me as - if I refer to my Z30 - the whole system files only weight 2.41 Gb after full install.

Bear in mind that when you do an OS update, the files are written to a "temp / staging" area of the filesystem, not the normal "resident" location.

The reason is if something goes wrong with the OS or if it is incompatible and incapable of booting, etc - it will automatically revert back to the previous OS. After a few normal restarts (I believe), it will move the new OS to the "resident" location, and at that point your storage usage will go down because there aren't basically 2 different OS's sitting on the device storage.

(Though I must admit, 5GB still sounds excessive, not sure exactly why it is that large.)

xsacha and DarcyTallGuy know more about the specific details of that "staging area" mechanism than I do.
    toobs623 likes this.
    02-16-14 08:39 PM

I don't think so.

Cutting power on a device running an operating system that has continuously running background processes that prefer to be terminated gracefully rather than just have the "rug pulled out from under them" is almost always a BAD idea.

The only time you should pull power on a device like that is if there are absolutely no other ways to restart it - ie it does not respond to the power button.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z10_ninja_dont_pull_battery_CPR.png 
Views:	1576 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	248589
    Oh, you made a picture that says your piece. You are so smart.

Nowhere did I say to do it while data is churning. I choose to do it, because while there are background processes running, BB10 doesn't use any sort of page file.

So take your and your condescending explanations and shove them up your urethra.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    02-16-14 08:51 PM
    Well, that's the reason why I suggested this "all-in" update method.
    While advanced users will feel comfortable with apps, bar names and versions, most won't.
    More, I'm not able to figure how dependencies are handled and while one can state "I've sideloaded x/y/z bar(s) successfully" it's pretty hard to set it as a rule for past, current and next releases.

I'm sorry for you Radeon that you went into these problems, but the guide method has been tested on my side over two devices and I've since redirected a few friends and some CB users with different devices and it has been applied succesfully so far. Still can't figure what your problem was, it would be great for the community if we can try to track what happened. It is really weird that you device didn't restart at the end of the process and the 5Gb extra data you mention is an enigma to me as - if I refer to my Z30 - the whole system files only weight 2.41 Gb after full install.
    Something didn't happen at some point ... "what" is the question here.

I'll be on the road whole day but I'll check during my "pit stops"
    Have a nice Sunday,
    Cheers
    SF
    I assume it was just putting files on the phone where I couldn't get them. I wiped it and autoloaded it (which incidentally ends up being the best way 100 percent of the time) and now this is what I have:
    Sachesi and "OTA" Upgrades-img_20140216_205558.png

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:56 PM

I don't think so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z10_ninja_dont_pull_battery_CPR.png 
Views:	1576 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	248589
    All I can do is ROTFLMAO - After shutting down my laptop and phone I occasionally pull the battery. What is ungraceful is to pull the plug while there are active processes running.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:24 PM
72 123