09-06-14 10:57 AM
44 12
tools
    Well that'll probably take 7 hours to perform unless you have some super router. After that, the results might be outdated and you'll want to scan again.
    Approximately 100 countries * approximately 6 carriers each * approximately 5 important devices * approximately 4 variants each. About 12,000 searches. Each search takes approximately 2 seconds (especially when spammed).
    I already have an autoscanner which scans for known versions on the server. It also allows you to download them directly if they exist. So I don't really see the point in searching every carrier for this.

I've made a step towards this though. Instead of having to individually search variants, you can now search for 'Any' variant of a device. It actually just does up to 5 or 6 searches though (depending on device), so it doesn't make it faster but just more convenient.
    Thanks for the response. I don't/ didn't think that the known carrier combinations were that many. SO no need for it to search for a Z30 update on ATT in US. But certainly for a Z10 in US on ATT and Verizon etc..

But even were it the case that it would need to do so many searches - for someone like myself, I could just set it to run each morning and look at the result at the end of the day (set it and forget it.) If there was an update, I could check for a download. If available great - if not I could try again tomorrow. Maybe I'm the only one who would find this useful. I guess that's possible too.
    05-28-14 01:37 PM
    Oh wow! Many thanks man! I've been trying to work out how to the login challenge response protocol worked - hopefully this will help!

Z10 STL100-2 10.2.1.3175 EE UK
    05-28-14 02:04 PM
    Oh wow! Many thanks man! I've been trying to work out how to the login challenge response protocol worked - hopefully this will help!

Z10 STL100-2 10.2.1.3175 EE UK
    It was also available in my Dingleberry source I released about 2 years ago.
    Dingleberry 3.3.3 Source Code » Qtness Development
    You'll definitely get that information from this though.
    05-28-14 08:49 PM
    Thank you! Amazing.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 10:58 PM
    The restriction is in the update code. It checks if USB is attached. There was an exploit to get the update to work over WiFi (RIM originally only checked that a usb was connected to device, not necessarily that the update was being performed from it) but it has been patched in 10.2.1xxx.

If the update isn't being done over USB, the device will reject it. The API itself allows it and it will even get right through to the update starting. I had to reverse engineer the update blob to see what exactly it wasn't liking about my request. It looks like 'if (USB::isConnected() && USB::ip() == host /*second part is new*/)'
    I was afraid of it Thank you for your information.

About the windows version, I could build it for you, just tell me which IDE I need. At the moment, I have Visual Studio and Code Blocks. Let me know

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 01:11 AM
    About the windows version, I could build it for you, just tell me which IDE I need. At the moment, I have Visual Studio and Code Blocks. Let me know
    Visual Studio and Qt.
    05-29-14 01:56 AM
    Visual Studio and Qt.
    Could you be more specific? I've never used Qt
    I have Visual Studio 2010: do I have to link some DLLs or what? Some parts I should compile with VS and some with Qt? Thank you in advance!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 07:37 AM
    Could you be more specific? I've never used Qt
    I have Visual Studio 2010: do I have to link some DLLs or what? Some parts I should compile with VS and some with Qt? Thank you in advance!

Posted via CB10
    Any Visual Studio will probably work but you'll need the other libraries (such as OpenSSL http://kraeftigerkaese.net/openssl.php ) compiled for that Visual Studio version too.
    You'll need to grab the latest version of either Qt4 or Qt5 from the website (also for VS 2010). Then open up Sachesi.pro in QtCreator and compile it. See: http://qt-project.org/downloads

Note: We're just using Visual Studio for the compiler, not actually running it! If you want to open it in Visual Studio, you'll need some sort of Qt extention for VS.
    05-29-14 08:05 AM
    Just wanted to say thanks, xsacha - very generous of you! :-)

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    05-29-14 09:48 AM
    Hello
    Can you please remove the ibus dependency?
    Ibus is a real PITA and causes problems with other applications in KDE/Kubuntu. It's also unclear, why do you even need it.

I get this and opening folders is painfully slow (1-2 min per folder)

Code:
    Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address. 
    IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon 
    KGlobal::locale(): Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main 
    component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your 
    main component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
    08-14-14 04:33 AM
    If someone could make the UI better looking, I would be so happy.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 09:46 PM
    Hello
    Can you please remove the ibus dependency?
    Ibus is a real PITA and causes problems with other applications in KDE/Kubuntu. It's also unclear, why do you even need it.

I get this and opening folders is painfully slow (1-2 min per folder)

Code:
    Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address. 
    IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon 
    KGlobal::locale(): Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main 
    component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your 
    main component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
    I removed everything ibus related form my system ( sudo apt-get purge ibus) and recompiled Sachesi.
    I think it works even better because I can now upload stuff to my phone at reasonable speed. Before it took 6-7 hours to complete a version update.
    08-18-14 06:46 AM
    If someone could make the UI better looking, I would be so happy.
    Posted via CB10
    Qt Project
    08-19-14 02:04 PM
    Previous versions compiled just fine but the latest (1.6.1) can not be compiled any more
    Code:
    $ qmake 
    Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: quick
    Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: qml
    as expected, make fails spectacularly

$ make
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DBOOTLOADER_ACCESS -DQUAZIP_STATIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Iext -Isrc -Iext/quazip -I. -o main.o src/main.cpp
    src/main.cpp:19:17: fatal error: QtQml: No such file or directory
    #include <QtQml>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    make: *** [main.o] Error 1

Can you please update the release notes so we know what requirements have changed. Maybe you can add this information to install instructions?
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

For example, that qtdeclarative5-dev is needed now.

And while you are at it, list the pkg needed to avoid this mess too:

Code:
    qrc:/qml/generic/Title.qml:4 module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
    qrc:/qml/generic/Title.qml:1 module "QtQuick" is not installed
    qrc:/qml/generic/Title.qml:3 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
    qrc:/qml/generic/Title.qml:2 module "QtQuick.Controls" is not installed
    09-06-14 09:16 AM
    Hi.

Yes, to improve the UI and reduce the amount of code and make it easier to read, I have enforced a minimum requirement of Qt 5.2 now.
    However, there are layout bugs on Linux with Qt 5.2 that were fixed with Qt 5.3, so 5.3 is 'optimal' but I understand that 5.2 is the latest in the repos with Ubuntu 14.04.
    See here for rough outline of build instructions: https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/wi...d-Instructions

I can only list the packages to install for Ubuntu (as it is the primary distro that people seem to use).
    09-06-14 09:51 AM
    Hi.

Yes, to improve the UI and reduce the amount of code and make it easier to read, I have enforced a minimum requirement of Qt 5.2 now.
    However, there are layout bugs on Linux with Qt 5.2 that were fixed with Qt 5.3, so 5.3 is 'optimal' but I understand that 5.2 is the latest in the repos with Ubuntu 14.04.
    See here for rough outline of build instructions: https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/wi...d-Instructions

I can only list the packages to install for Ubuntu (as it is the primary distro that people seem to use).
    Thank you . This looks much better.

I am on:
    Code:
    # lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
    Release:        14.04
    Codename:       trusty
    You muts have added some custom pkg sources because

Code:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package qml-module-qt-labs-settings
    E: Unable to locate package qml-module-qtquick-controls
    E: Unable to locate package qml-module-qtquick-dialogs
    E: Unable to locate package qml-module-qtquick-layouts
    E: Unable to locate package qml-module-qtquick-window2
    09-06-14 10:10 AM
    I can find those with a different name: qtdeclarative5-dialogs-plugin etc...
    09-06-14 10:14 AM
    I'd like to write an AUR package for Sachesi. Can you tell me about all the needed dependencies? And how can I avoid the use of local versions of libraries included with Sachesi? Arch is an rolling distribution so I wanted to avoid the use of old libraries (if exist) and shared libs save spaces too

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    09-06-14 10:35 AM
    I can find those with a different name: qtdeclarative5-dialogs-plugin etc...
    You're right, I was using 14.10 backports.
    In 14.10, qtdeclarative5-* are listed as "transitional dummy package"

I'd like to write an AUR package for Sachesi. Can you tell me about all the needed dependencies? And how can I avoid the use of local versions of libraries included with Sachesi? Arch is an rolling distribution so I wanted to avoid the use of old libraries (if exist) and shared libs save spaces too
    As-is, it builds to a 250KB binary. It requires libssl, libcrypto, libusb1.0 and Qt5.2+.
    It needs QuaZip too but it comes with. Using QuaZip as a shared library instead can save up to 70KB.
    alaviss likes this.
    09-06-14 10:57 AM
44 12