03-15-14 01:02 AM
28 12
tools
    Since I didn't see this asked/answered yet, are you using the latest Sachesi version? What is your desktop OS?

My standard procedure nowadays, which is helpful if you have trouble with Sachesi stalling on certain BAR files, is create 2 folders:

1. A folder with ONLY the Core OS BAR file and radio BAR file
    2. All the other app/OS bars

Start the update by using the "install folder" option in Sachesi, and start with the "all other" folder.

This way, if it stalls on a certain BAR file (which it does have a habit of doing sometimes), you can just temporarily remove that BAR file (and any BAR files it has already successfully installed - as you noted it goes through the list alphabetically) and re-start the process. No need to restart the device, actually it's better not to. (After Sachesi stalls, you will probably have to close Sachesi for a minute, then re-open it, let it find the device over USB, and then re-start the process.)

Then assuming you were able to use that tactic to get all the way through, take a look at the BAR files that were removed that Sachesi stalled on, and if they are not CRITICAL OS files like the Hub or something, just leave them alone for now (the old versions are still resident on your device) and go ahead and install the other folder with the radio and Core OS files.

After that finishes, the device will reboot, and then you can try either re-loading the failed BAR files, or getting fresh copies in the event they may have been corrupted, etc.
    Great method.
    Another one is use Sachesi to install the core OS files and use BB10 Sideloading Tool to install the non-CORE BAR files. Works like a charm.
    03-14-14 05:01 PM
    I was able to get it installed. Never knew what the problem was. I used a different computer with the same OS (W7). Only difference is, the computer that the install worked from did not have Link installed and I used Sachesi 1.1.2, instead of 1.1.3. It installed without a hitch in about 50 minutes. Thanks to all that offered assistance.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-15-14 12:11 AM
    Wonderful news! Because everyone's PC is set up differently, it's often hard to tell which exact combination of things will cause an update to fail or succeed. Sometimes you just have to take the best advice and tweak it a little until you find what works for you. Thanks for letting us know you finally got it!

I was able to get it installed. Never knew what the problem was. I used a different computer with the same OS (W7). Only difference is, the computer that the install worked from did not have Link installed and I used Sachesi 1.1.2, instead of 1.1.3. It installed without a hitch in about 50 minutes. Thanks to all that offered assistance.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-15-14 01:02 AM
28 12