03-15-14 01:02 AM
28 12
tools
    Attempting to install 10.2 update on a Q10 with Sachesi. It is connected and it begins the install. It gets to the first bar file, adobe reader and says, 'sending adobe reader'. It stalls at 50%,, sits that way for about 15 minutes. Reconnects to the server and goes back to the start then sits at 'sending adobe reader' and sits at 0% until I finally disconnect. Has sat that way for up to 40 minutes.

It seems that it drops connection to the server then resets and will not load after that. This has happened 4 times. Any tips on what the issue could be? I drag and drop the file, I have tried with the SIM in and out. All the same. The version is 10.2.1.2102.....thanks
    03-08-14 02:00 PM
    Which OS do you have on the phone already?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 02:03 PM
    10.1.0.4211 stock sprint
    03-08-14 02:13 PM
    Try loading the OS and radio first. I think the apps are hitting a wall with the required minimum OS version.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 02:15 PM
    Okay, tried that. It went further, went through several 'sending' menus, then stalled on 'sending card' at 50%. Opened a searching for USB device message, then back to the sending card message, where it sat at 0% for 17 min until I disconnected.

The progress bar on the phone also goes away when it stalls by the way. Didn't mention that before. It apparently just disconnects for some reason.
    03-08-14 03:13 PM
    Do you have the latest BlackBerry Link? And is the BlackBerry Device Manager service started?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 03:32 PM
    yes to both.

I am using the instructions from this page, Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Up... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I am assuming that that is the correct way.?
    03-08-14 03:42 PM
    Attempting to install 10.2 update on a Q10 with Sachesi. It is connected and it begins the install. It gets to the first bar file, adobe reader and says, 'sending adobe reader'. It stalls at 50%,, sits that way for about 15 minutes. Reconnects to the server and goes back to the start then sits at 'sending adobe reader' and sits at 0% until I finally disconnect. Has sat that way for up to 40 minutes.

It seems that it drops connection to the server then resets and will not load after that. This has happened 4 times. Any tips on what the issue could be? I drag and drop the file, I have tried with the SIM in and out. All the same. The version is 10.2.1.2102.....thanks
    This happened to me at first with my z10 stl100-4. Turn off your antivirus and everything should run smoothly afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 05:46 PM
    Same here. I finally disabled my AV shield, thinking maybe the constant scanning was interfering with the installation. That did the trick!

This happened to me at first with my z10 stl100-4. Turn off your antivirus and everything should run smoothly afterwards.

Posted via CB10

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-08-14 05:55 PM
    That didn't work either. Got to 'sending app world', then dropped again. Is there anything I am supposed to have enabled/disabled on the phone? Mass storage/developers mode, anything? This is frustrating. Is there another way to load this that is fairly uncomplicated?
    03-08-14 06:44 PM
    Try these steps in order (YMMV based on your PC setup, so don't give up if something doesn't work by itself):

Keep AV off, keep phone plugged into a USB2 port. Now close Sachesi.

If your phone has a password, disable it (you can put it back later).

Open BBLink (make sure you have installed the latest version) and make sure it can connect to your device without needing a login. Then close BBLink again.

Now open Sachesi again, go to the Install tab, and drag your entire downloaded folder into it again.

Once the install starts, do not touch your phone until it's done. This can take 30 to 90 minutes, so find something else to do with your hands.

Any better?

That didn't work either. Got to 'sending app world', then dropped again. Is there anything I am supposed to have enabled/disabled on the phone? Mass storage/developers mode, anything? This is frustrating. Is there another way to load this that is fairly uncomplicated?

03-08-14 07:11 PM
    Try these steps in order (YMMV based on your PC setup, so don't give up if something doesn't work by itself):

Keep AV off, keep phone plugged into a USB2 port. Now close Sachesi.

If your phone has a password, disable it (you can put it back later).

Open BBLink (make sure you have installed the latest version) and make sure it can connect to your device without needing a login. Then close BBLink again.

Now open Sachesi again, go to the Install tab, and drag your entire downloaded folder into it again.

Once the install starts, do not touch your phone until it's done. This can take 30 to 90 minutes, so find something else to do with your hands.

Any better?

Nope. No better. Nothing I did would allow it to fully load. I'll just wait for the OTA to be pushed.
    03-08-14 10:55 PM
    Could always just backup and install with an autoloader
    rikenco likes this.
    03-08-14 11:01 PM
    Well dagnabbit. You might also try:

Rebooting the phone before the next attempt

Redownloading the OS (could have gotten corrupted)

Nope. No better. Nothing I did would allow it to fully load. I'll just wait for the OTA to be pushed.

rikenco likes this.
    03-08-14 11:04 PM
    I just don't think it was meant to be. Tried a couple more times with no luck. Did an autoloader for 1925. It loaded, when the phone rebooted and went through set up, it hung up on searching for new software for 7 hours, (left it over night). Finally just reloaded stock OS from Link. I guess I don't need 10.2 that bad. A working, functional phone is more important. I'll just wait it out for the push.....whenever that may be. Thanks for trying to help.
    03-09-14 01:10 PM
    I just don't think it was meant to be. Tried a couple more times with no luck. Did an autoloader for 1925. It loaded, when the phone rebooted and went through set up, it hung up on searching for new software for 7 hours, (left it over night). Finally just reloaded stock OS from Link. I guess I don't need 10.2 that bad. A working, functional phone is more important. I'll just wait it out for the push.....whenever that may be. Thanks for trying to help.
    Or maybe, you can try it in different PC/Laptop and internet connected through LAN instead of wifi (after setup latest bblink and sachesi first there).

You can also use the 2141 autoloader from here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...phones-905407/
    03-09-14 02:47 PM
    Or maybe, you can try it in different PC/Laptop and internet connected through LAN instead of wifi (after setup latest bblink and sachesi first there).

You can also use the 2141 autoloader from here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...phones-905407/
    I don't have access to a LAN unfortunately. Why would wifi cause this issue?

the autoloader I ran last night apparently loaded it but the phone got stuck in 'searching for updates' after it loaded and rebooted and went to the setup.
    03-09-14 07:52 PM
    Sachesi requires your phone to be plugged into a USB2 port on the computer where it is running. I don't know if the computer itself needs to be hardwired to a router/modem or if wifi would work too (mine was wired to my router).

One other thing I just remembered that I did - I removed the password from my phone and made sure BBLINK could read my phone without it. Then I closed BBLINK and re-opened Sachesi so that a password wasn't requested there either. Once the update was complete, I put the password back on the phone.

03-09-14 08:29 PM
    @rikenco:

xsacha, the person who created Sachesi, can probably help you best. He hangs out in the forum linked below where he helps people troubleshoot if something doesn't work right. You may even see solutions he has suggested there for others with your experience. Good luck!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=825409

03-09-14 08:46 PM
    Thanks Ragbert. My ISP is clear. So I have no router. It is one modem/router unit in one. There is no provision to connect a separate router. The phone was connected via USB2. It was sending/loading the files. It just gets to a certain random point and apparently drops the connection and starts over again. However, when it does that, it stalls on the last file it was loading. or example: It will show a connection, will say it is loading OS and radio, then starts with the bar files alphabetically. It gets to B, or C and drops. It for example says it's sending 'box'. Gets to 50%. Flashes the searching for USB device screen, then goes back to 'loading box 0%' and is done. Just sits there and does no more. The progress bar on the phone disappears at this point as well.

It appears that when it flashes the searching for USB device, it has dropped the connection for some reason. Not sure why being connected to the internet at all would even be necessary since it is only installing previously downloaded files. It seems to be losing connection between the computer and phone. At least that's my guess. I am far, FAR from an expert on either of these subjects. I'll try the link you provided and see if I can get any answers. Thanks.
    03-09-14 09:17 PM
    Thanks Ragbert. My ISP is clear. So I have no router. It is one modem/router unit in one. There is no provision to connect a separate router. The phone was connected via USB2. It was sending/loading the files. It just gets to a certain random point and apparently drops the connection and starts over again. However, when it does that, it stalls on the last file it was loading. or example: It will show a connection, will say it is loading OS and radio, then starts with the bar files alphabetically. It gets to B, or C and drops. It for example says it's sending 'box'. Gets to 50%. Flashes the searching for USB device screen, then goes back to 'loading box 0%' and is done. Just sits there and does no more. The progress bar on the phone disappears at this point as well.

It appears that when it flashes the searching for USB device, it has dropped the connection for some reason. Not sure why being connected to the internet at all would even be necessary since it is only installing previously downloaded files. It seems to be losing connection between the computer and phone. At least that's my guess. I am far, FAR from an expert on either of these subjects. I'll try the link you provided and see if I can get any answers. Thanks.
    It's usually an indication that something is interfering with the usb connection.
    Remember that BB uses networking to mount the BB device, so any antivirus or other programs that mess with networks will also cause problems
    The searching for update problem should be skippable if you just swipe to the left
    The searching for update problem also indicates you have some sort of network issue going on. I'm not sure what, but it means maybe you have a hardware filter or something that is blocking your connection to the update server. If your carrier did not whitelist this OS, it will just move on, not hang.
    03-09-14 11:43 PM
    Do you have any sort of VM software running?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 02:26 AM
    Have you tried connecting your phone to a different USB port? Sounds trivial, but I've read similar tales from several posters who found that changing USB ports did the trick. Sometimes a port with a slightly loose plug will lose the connection just long enough to disrupt Sachesi.

Also, I think xsacha is in Australia, so if he doesn't reply immediately, it could be a time zone thing (I don't know where you are either, but thought I'd mention it).

03-10-14 03:05 AM
    It's usually an indication that something is interfering with the usb connection.
    Remember that BB uses networking to mount the BB device, so any antivirus or other programs that mess with networks will also cause problems
    The searching for update problem should be skippable if you just swipe to the left
    The searching for update problem also indicates you have some sort of network issue going on. I'm not sure what, but it means maybe you have a hardware filter or something that is blocking your connection to the update server. If your carrier did not whitelist this OS, it will just move on, not hang.
    I couldn't swipe out of it. I couldn't power off the phone with the power button either. I had to pull the battery. I had disabled my anti-virus as well.

Do you have any sort of VM software running?

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe so.
    03-10-14 02:11 PM
    Since I didn't see this asked/answered yet, are you using the latest Sachesi version? What is your desktop OS?

My standard procedure nowadays, which is helpful if you have trouble with Sachesi stalling on certain BAR files, is create 2 folders:

1. A folder with ONLY the Core OS BAR file and radio BAR file
    2. All the other app/OS bars

Start the update by using the "install folder" option in Sachesi, and start with the "all other" folder.

This way, if it stalls on a certain BAR file (which it does have a habit of doing sometimes), you can just temporarily remove that BAR file (and any BAR files it has already successfully installed - as you noted it goes through the list alphabetically) and re-start the process. No need to restart the device, actually it's better not to. (After Sachesi stalls, you will probably have to close Sachesi for a minute, then re-open it, let it find the device over USB, and then re-start the process.)

Then assuming you were able to use that tactic to get all the way through, take a look at the BAR files that were removed that Sachesi stalled on, and if they are not CRITICAL OS files like the Hub or something, just leave them alone for now (the old versions are still resident on your device) and go ahead and install the other folder with the radio and Core OS files.

After that finishes, the device will reboot, and then you can try either re-loading the failed BAR files, or getting fresh copies in the event they may have been corrupted, etc.
    wout000 likes this.
    03-14-14 01:12 AM
28 12