11-13-14 04:16 PM
27 12
tools
    So I was following the instructions to the tee on the "10.3.0.1052 for all devices" thread, and it seems the Sachesi Firmware Update process has frozen, as that window is all white/blank. What do I do now? My Q10 appears to be usable, but I'm afraid it may bricked upon reboot. Here's a screen cap of what Sachesi currently looks like:

Sachesi froze in the middle of 10.3 firmware update on Q10-ak_29-sep.-29-15.24.jpg
    09-29-14 03:30 PM
    I guess you need to close the app and start again. No other choice unless you want run an autoloader.
    09-29-14 03:57 PM
    So no chance in breaking my BlackBerry by doing as such? I think if that's the case, I'll set it up overnight, as I have to leave the computer I'm at soon.
    09-29-14 03:58 PM
    Don't walk away while programming...at any time! That way you know where the process got stuck.

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    09-29-14 07:23 PM
    I didn't walk away, I just had it running in the background while I was working. I kept checking on the status every once in a while.

I'm preping my laptop now to do it overnight, got it all defragged properly, with all but MS services disabled, and trying to figure out why Link stopped detecting my device. Good times :-D

I guess my intention is to leave it over-night, so I am planning on walking away. Really though, how many hours can you stare blankly at a few percent going up & down? :-/

Posted via CB10 on the amazing Q10
    09-29-14 07:27 PM
    Really though, how many hours can you stare blankly at a few percent going up & down? :-/
    If it's taking you hours, you have bigger problems. It should never take hours.
    09-29-14 07:29 PM
    It seems it crapped out at the 3-4hr mark at work. Of course, since I was doing work, the resources on my machine were being taxes. That, and it was in need of some defragging love. Hopefully it'll do better tonight, assuming I could get Link to detect it again, so I could do my backup and then get my new upgrade attempt going :-)

09-29-14 07:35 PM
    It seems it crapped out at the 3-4hr mark at work. Of course, since I was doing work, the resources on my machine were being taxes.
    If it's taking 3-4 hours to update, then there is some serious issues with that USB connection.
    Is that USB1.1 or something? If that computer doesn't have USB 2.0, try a different machine.
    The whole process should never take more than 30 minutes.

That, and it was in need of some defragging love.
    I'm guessing this is a really old computer running Windows XP right? It must be Windows XP because you keep referring to 'degragging', which hasn't been an issue on modern operating systems after Windows XP.
    If you're running Windows 7, OSX, Linux or literally any other system, defrags do not need to be done by the user.

Hopefully it'll do better tonight, assuming I could get Link to detect it again, so I could do my backup and then get my new upgrade attempt going :-)
    If Link can't detect it, Sachesi probably won't either unless it's a driver issue.
    If it is some driver issue and you can't get Link to work, the 'Backup' feature in Sachesi should work perfectly (no reported bugs yet).
    09-29-14 10:23 PM
    If it's taking 3-4 hours to update, then there is some serious issues with that USB connection.
    Is that USB1.1 or something? If that computer doesn't have USB 2.0, try a different machine.
    The whole process should never take more than 30 minutes.
    All of the ports on this laptop are USB 2.0, and I'm nearly certain the USB cable is as well.

I'm guessing this is a really old computer running Windows XP right? It must be Windows XP because you keep referring to 'degragging', which hasn't been an issue on modern operating systems after Windows XP.
    If you're running Windows 7, OSX, Linux or literally any other system, defrags do not need to be done by the user.
    The computer's a few years old, but it does have Windows 7 on it. I find that the built-in defrag program does not do a great job, so I run a 3rd party one. The difference is rather noticeable.

If Link can't detect it, Sachesi probably won't either unless it's a driver issue.
    If it is some driver issue and you can't get Link to work, the 'Backup' feature in Sachesi should work perfectly (no reported bugs yet).
    Yes, my computer ended up failing to boot, I think the hard disk is likely on its way out, as suddenly having several key files on the boot partition getting corrupted is never a good sign.

Either way, will try it again on another computer, as now I fear that only some of the files from the 10.3 OS have installed, and as soon as I do a reboot on my Q10, it'll require a destructive install to save it :-s
    09-30-14 12:51 PM
    Either way, will try it again on another computer, as now I fear that only some of the files from the 10.3 OS have installed, and as soon as I do a reboot on my Q10, it'll require a destructive install to save it :-s
    If you did a firmware update and it failed, your system should be fine. You can just try again.
    09-30-14 01:03 PM
    If you did a firmware update and it failed, your system should be fine. You can just try again.
    That's the plan :-)

09-30-14 01:05 PM
    Since it's already trashed, just use an autoloader and you're up and running in 5 minutes.
    09-30-14 01:46 PM
    It's currently still usable. What I was trying to say is if I reboot it at any point as it stands, then it'll be trashed as you put it :-) Will try non-destructive first, and if that doesn't work, will likely then try going the auto loader route.

09-30-14 01:54 PM
    My situation is so messed up: I'm now using another computer, where I did a fresh install of BB Link. So here, I'm unable to perform a quick backup of my Q10. Tried two different USB ports, and I already rebooted the computer after installing Link. Thinking maybe something's wrong with my USB cable (it is a bit loose at the computer end). This is getting rather ridiculous.
    09-30-14 03:25 PM
    So re-installing Link resolved my issue with it not wanting to do a quick backup of my Q10. So after doing the backup, I attempted installing the leak. At about the 12th file, the "firmware update" window disappeared and I got the following error in the Sachesi log:
    "While sending: sys.android.bar
    Error: failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (10, 3, 0, 0) have (10, 2, 1, 3247)"

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Edit: also noticed a "device storage almost full" notice on my BB that came in while the install was going. Could that have anything to do with it (although it doesn't sound related to the msg I got on Sachesi, mind you)?
    Last edited by Sashko; 09-30-14 at 06:52 PM.
    09-30-14 06:39 PM
    Mmm, if you are updating the OS, it should be ignoring 'Application-Requires-System'. How are you doing the update? You have 201 bars in a folder and you've dragged these files, or this folder on to the window, or selected it?
    09-30-14 11:56 PM
    Hmm, I'm only seeing 195 bars in that folder, although 201 sounds like the number I saw on Sachesi :-/

I drag & dropped the entire folder that contained all of the files, as the instructions stated on the "10.3.0.1052 for all devices" thread.
    10-01-14 06:08 PM
    So following the instructions on that thread did end up killing my BlackBerry to the point where I was no longer able to perform a back-up. I tried resolving the issue by following another set of instructions which went through fine, however after rebooting, my BlackBerry was no longer usable.

In the end, I ran the auto loader and restored my back-up from the last time I was successfully able to perform it, and now I'm golden, running the leak (which I'm a bit torn as to how I like it, but that's a whole other topic :-) ).

10-08-14 04:19 PM
    Updating a full OS should never be able to kill your install.
    Probably something didn't get updated. You have used the autoloader now so I can't figure out where it went wrong but it's most likely the OS or Radio not being updated.
    Edit: In fact, I know for sure this is the OS not being installed as it said that the application version didn't match OS and the number of apps was less than 201. This means the OS was not in the folder.

There's not really a way for me to failsafe this in the install because installing just apps, apps + radio or apps + OS is certainly a valid use-case.

When you click 'Download All', it will only complete or skip a file once it has been completely downloaded (same byte size). Otherwise, it downloads it again. This avoids corrupt downloads. It shouldn't be possible to end up with less than 201 bars unless you requested it or cancelled the download. I haven't encountered this yet but if someone does encounter this, I would be interested to know: which bar files were missing and did it download the rest the second time you clicked 'Download All'?

As a general advice for everyone: if the Sachesi downloader doesn't work for you for whatever reason, explain the issue to me and use the 'Grab Links' with a download manager to get the links instead.

Also: if you do a firmware update (Radio or OS is included in the group of .bar's), then cancelling the update will have no effect on your system. It is safe! So the bad USB connection (that took 3-4 hours to install) can't hose the system either.
    10-08-14 05:29 PM
    It seems like the initial failed attempt to install the OS & radio after doing the split and what-not was what messed things up, as when I followed the method from another source, the OS update was successful. With that method, there was no splitting and the number of bars it showed with that method was 2 (1 for the radio and 1 for the OS). Those were also the 2 files I downloaded.

After everything was messed up, I couldn't get it to remain connected to the computer, so I was unable to re-run the install.

BTW perhaps one of the files I installed were corrupt? But then I don't see that stopping the install from completing in the first place.

10-09-14 07:28 PM
    It seems like the initial failed attempt to install the OS & radio after doing the split and what-not was what messed things up, as when I followed the method from another source, the OS update was successful. With that method, there was no splitting and the number of bars it showed with that method was 2 (1 for the radio and 1 for the OS). Those were also the 2 files I downloaded.
    You did the update with only 2 files? Is there a link to the method you used?
    10-09-14 07:38 PM
    Sorry about the slow reply. The method consisted of some instructions provided by a friend. I was planning on reciting them here, but it doesn't look like I'll get the chance to any time soon. Essentially, it consisted of downloading the related files, and then let your program do its magic, however from those instructions, I ended up with but two files (I believe they were archives).

11-12-14 11:10 PM
    OK. Next time try not to touch those settings like 'Upgrade Mode'. You should get over 200 files.
    11-12-14 11:20 PM
    No, if you kill an update in the middle, no matter the reason, nothing should change. Your phone should NOT reboot and it should NOT trash what's already there.

BTW I commonly have Z10s take ~2 hours to non-destructively update, including the first boot after the update (which can take 10-15 minutes.) It's not uncommon at all, and this is on USB2.

The Passport is faster by quite a bit (no big surprise there.)
    11-12-14 11:42 PM
    No, if you kill an update in the middle, no matter the reason, nothing should change. Your phone should NOT reboot and it should NOT trash what's already there.
    If you upgrade without an OS or Radio, the updates will remain but it will just be apps. Although, yes it wouldn't reboot in that instance.

If it reboots it means the update succeeded and it includes an OS and/or radio.
    11-13-14 01:29 AM
27 12