02-09-18 12:39 AM
3,553 ... 9394959697 ...
tools
    This post will be of no use to you unless you have ever tried playing with Sachesi.exe over Remote Desktop connections (Microsoft).

Away from home over the weekend I have been gaining access to various PCs at home with Remote Desktop sessions through VPN . . . I have not been aware that Remote Desktop Services support ancient OpenGL 1.1 only (, which one can easily confirm with GPU Caps Viewer and the like).

Sachesi.exe above 1.5.0, which is wriiten with Qt (pronounced as cute), would demand availability of updated OpenGL features. This is why blank windows have continued to pop up on various PCs at home over the weekend. One can circumvent such blank window problem by first invoking Sachesi.exe on the host (NOT on the client which is connected to the host through Remote Desktop connections) and then connecting to the host from the client.

The following batch files shall run in Command Prompts (opened with Administrator privileges), which will first disconnect the current Remote Desktop session and then automatically start Sachesi.exe on the host. One will see properly functioning Sachesi.exe (NOT blank windows) when the client is reconnected to the host. (It appears that a Command Prompt of Windows 8.x does not return the environment variable %SESSIONNAME% with Administrator privileges.)

Sincere apologies for having made a fuss about blank windows over the weekend.

----------

Windows 7

Code:
    @echo off
    echo.
    echo Remote Desktop will be temporarily disconnected . . . please reconnect after a few seconds.
    echo.
    pause
    @echo on
    tscon.exe %SESSIONNAME% /v /dest:console
    @echo off
    echo.
    echo Starting Sachesi.exe . . .
    @echo on
    start C:\BlackBerry\Sachesi.exe
    @echo off
    echo.
    pause
    ----------

Windows 8.x

Code:
    @echo off
    if [%1]==[] goto DISCONTINUE
    echo.
    echo Remote Desktop will be temporarily disconnected . . . please reconnect after a few seconds.
    echo.
    pause
    @echo on
    tscon.exe %1 /v /dest:console
    @echo off
    echo.
    echo Starting Sachesi.exe . . .
    @echo on
    start C:\BlackBerry\Sachesi.exe
    @echo off
    echo.
    pause
    goto FINISH

:DISCONTINUE
    echo.
    echo Please specify Session ID. (Session ID can be found with qwinsta.exe command.)
    echo.

:FINISH
    09-01-14 12:25 AM
    Great! Glad it helped. BTW, does Sachesi have the ability to backup and/or restore selectively the way Link for Windows (not Mac) can?
    I'm not sure what that is, so maybe not. You can choose apps, media and settings (or whatever the device lists) for both backups and restores. I was not aware of anything more fine-grained than this.
    09-01-14 12:31 AM
    This post will be of no use to you unless you have ever tried playing with Sachesi.exe over Remote Desktop connections (Microsoft).

Away from home over the weekend I have been gaining access to various PCs at home with Remote Desktop sessions through VPN . . . I have not been aware that Remote Desktop Services support ancient OpenGL 1.1 only
    That's pretty bad that it would force OpenGL 1.1. Are you able to check if Direct3D works? That is: the Sachesi-1.5.0-Problem_Free.zip I uploaded, which doesn't use OpenGL.
    09-01-14 12:34 AM
    Are you able to check if Direct3D works? That is: the Sachesi-1.5.0-Problem_Free.zip I uploaded, which doesn't use OpenGL.
    I am pleased to report that it works perfectly even over Remote Desktop connections (when remote hosts are driven by Windows 7 and Windows 8.x).

Qt 5 on Windows ANGLE and OpenGL

However, it fails to start on Windows XP by complaining that "C:\BlackBerry\Sachesi-1.5.0.2-Problem_Free\Sachesi.exe is not a valid Win32 application." (Those PCs which are equipped with old Intel integrated GPUs may be driven by Windows XP, I suppose.)

----------

Windows 8.1

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sachesi_directx_windows8.png

Windows 7

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sachesi_directx_windows7.png
    09-01-14 01:57 AM
    Sachesi won't connect to my bricked Z30 STA100-2 on both Mac and Windows.
    On Mac I am getting the #1002 -3 error though it says it detects my device.
    What to do now to bring my BB back to life?

Thanks.

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-schermafbeelding-2014-09-01-om-09.19.14.png
    09-01-14 03:45 AM
    Sachesi won't connect to my bricked Z30 STA100-2 on both Mac and Windows.
    On Mac I am getting the #1002 -3 error though it says it detects my device.
    What to do now to bring my BB back to life?
    It won't be able to debrick phones yet. You'd need to use an autoloader (Windows only).
    samsams likes this.
    09-01-14 04:04 AM
    I'm not sure what that is, so maybe not. You can choose apps, media and settings (or whatever the device lists) for both backups and restores. I was not aware of anything more fine-grained than this.
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

Windows Link can break the Applications down to data and, I guess, the individual apps themselves. so that you can choose which particular apps to backup and which ones not to back up. More importantly, on Restore, you can decide which ones to restore and not to restore. So, for example, when I was restoring the apps after the autoloader upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3, I was able to uncheck BlackBerry Runtime from 10.2 and the Amazon App Store apps, because they were interfering with Android apps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KenV54; 09-01-14 at 07:09 PM.
    09-01-14 10:23 AM
    I can confirm the 1.5.0.2(problem free file) works now perfect on my Windows 8.1 64Gb PC . Perfect for me means installing new files . Thank you very much for the great work xsacha !!!
    09-01-14 11:11 AM
    This is a brilliant tool!
    Now suppose I want to alter os.signed to include only the apps I want, is there a tool to do that?
    09-02-14 01:27 AM
    Most recent version of Link let's you choose which apps to restore, not sure if it allows the same for backing up but I would guess it does.
    This is a brilliant tool!
    Now suppose I want to alter os.signed to include only the apps I want, is there a tool to do that?
    Can't be done, sorry.
    09-02-14 01:33 AM
    Why always stuck on this screen and doesn't recognize my Z30 to install an OS?
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sache.jpg
    09-02-14 10:16 AM
    See in your Manager for Hardware / Software / Blackberry USB Driver is broken...
    Numero12 likes this.
    09-02-14 10:50 AM
    See in your Manager for Hardware / Software / Blackberry USB Driver is broken...
    Solved activating "Connect to Windows" in Storage and Access settings
    09-02-14 11:33 AM
    Sacha,

What are the current levels in your dev environment, on windows?

Just want to mirror your dev environment so I can help in any minor way, that I can.

IanWood

Posted from an alternate universe via my Tardis enabled Z10!
    09-02-14 10:29 PM
    @xsacha, I'm running kubuntu trusty and got the following error when launching sachesi:
    Code:
    ./Sachesi: symbol lookup error: ./Sachesi: undefined symbol: _ZN7QString18toLocal8Bit_helperEPK5QChari
    EDIT:
    Nevermind I ended up compiling it myself from source

just need to increase spinbox width
    Last edited by ngacleng; 09-03-14 at 03:09 AM.
    09-02-14 11:24 PM
    Sacha,

What are the current levels in your dev environment, on windows?

Just want to mirror your dev environment so I can help in any minor way, that I can.
    I'm using MinGW and ANGLE Qt static build.
    It shouldn't really matter what you use though. I've also used msvc2010 and 2012.

@xsacha, I'm running kubuntu trusty and got the following error when launching sachesi:
    Code:
    ./Sachesi: symbol lookup error: ./Sachesi: undefined symbol: _ZN7QString18toLocal8Bit_helperEPK5QChari
    Yeah my build is using Qt5.3 and it looks like you are using Qt5.2.
    If you can't get access to Qt5.3, it might be easier to compile the source code from github.
    09-03-14 01:08 AM
    Yeah my build is using Qt5.3 and it looks like you are using Qt5.2.
    If you can't get access to Qt5.3, it might be easier to compile the source code from github.
    Could you please take a look at spinbox in versionlookup, displayed text is truncated in spinbox.
    09-03-14 03:29 AM
    Could you please take a look at spinbox in versionlookup, displayed text is truncated in spinbox.
    That looks like a bug with the version of Qt you are using, unfortunately. It has sized the box as the size of the text instead of the size of the text + the buttons. It works perfectly in Qt5.3.0 and 5.3.1.

Since you compiled from source, I guess it is not difficult to then increase the width. If I build for Qt5.2 later (to support Ubuntu 14.04 LTS), I may use: width: implicitWidth + 5 or something.
    09-03-14 03:39 AM
    Ok, any ideas how to cure this? I'm using Arch Linux, it's using QT5 and I've built it fine from source and tried the binary. Here is what I get whether I launch in with root or normal user privs. I'm also in Mac mode for the phone:

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-nope.png
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-nope2.png

It works in Windows though.... ARGH!!!
    09-03-14 07:02 AM
    Ok, any ideas how to cure this? I'm using Arch Linux, it's using QT5 and I've built it fine from source and tried the binary. Here is what I get whether I launch in with root or normal user privs. I'm also in Mac mode for the phone:

It works in Windows though.... ARGH!!!
    For the second screenshot: Heh. It's a bit silly it's telling you to use Mac mode when, as shown in screenshot, it already knows you are using Mac (Unix) mode. I'll fix the error message.

For the first screenshot: It can see your device, gets the correct IP but the devices times out on responding. That would be some configuration setting on your computer probably. Something is blocking communication between app and device.
    09-03-14 07:45 AM
    For the second screenshot: Heh. It's a bit silly it's telling you to use Mac mode when, as shown in screenshot, it already knows you are using Mac (Unix) mode. I'll fix the error message.

For the first screenshot: It can see your device, gets the correct IP but the devices times out on responding. That would be some configuration setting on your computer probably. Something is blocking communication between app and device.
    Thanks, I'll see what could be blocking it... there's no firewall so.... hmmm....

dmesg shows this:

Code:
    [556072.635409] usb 6-3: new high-speed USB device number 30 using ehci-pci
    [556072.792864] cdc_ether 6-3:1.0 usb0: register 'cdc_ether' at usb-0000:00:12.2-3, CDC Ethernet Device, 42:6f:2a:70:a2:52
    [556073.008410] systemd-udevd[28620]: renamed network interface usb0 to enp0s18f2u3
    Sachesi won't get the hump about the device rename, would it?
    09-03-14 08:31 AM
    That looks like a bug with the version of Qt you are using, unfortunately. It has sized the box as the size of the text instead of the size of the text + the buttons. It works perfectly in Qt5.3.0 and 5.3.1.

Since you compiled from source, I guess it is not difficult to then increase the width. If I build for Qt5.2 later (to support Ubuntu 14.04 LTS), I may use: width: implicitWidth + 5 or something.
    Installed Qt 5.3.1 from Stephan Binner PPA, it looks good now

Thanks for this great tool, keep up the good work.
    09-03-14 09:24 AM
    v1.6.0 has been released now.

Thanks for this great tool, keep up the good work.
    Thanks Although, I don't expect every Ubuntu user would compile from source, so I am going to provide binaries as Qt5.2.1 (same as 14.04) from now on.
    Edit: So I've uploaded a Qt5.2.1 version now. The workaround for 5.2.1 was, width: implicitWidth + 25
    Last edited by xsacha; 09-03-14 at 10:41 AM.
    tdyhedge and clie610 like this.
    09-03-14 10:18 AM
    Sacha,

Downloaded 1.6.0 and when I try to run it on my win 7 64-bit system, I'm getting the following pop-up:

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-capture.jpg

Ideas/thoughts?
    09-03-14 10:56 AM
    At IanWood it is now fixed. A new version is uploaded that you will need to download again (same version number btw)

Edit: Just re download 1.6.0 as it has been updated to fix the error
    09-03-14 11:23 AM
3,553 ... 9394959697 ...