05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    let me get this straight first, does this mean that us mac users will be at some point, hopefully in the near future, be able to split the autoloader and install the resulting .signed files w/o the need to use a windows based computer?
    Sure . Until then, you can still install the latest carrier firmwares.
    HipPo13 likes this.
    07-17-13 10:25 AM
    Alpha 15 released.

The 'extractor' tools got a make over. It's easier to choose what to extract from the images now.
    If you have a .signed, you can extract a .rcfs.
    If you have a .signed or .rcfs, you can dump all the contents (or just the Core / User partition).

I have no plans to add individual file picking.

Screenshot of a RCFS dump:
    Sator, wu-wei, sbmd and 2 others like this.
    07-18-13 12:10 AM
    Alpha 16 is now up (Windows, Linux, Mac) with some improvements to Extractor.
    07-18-13 09:56 AM
    I'm effin wondering why I never read this thread the day I first saw it. Damn I was stupid.

This stuff is great! Thanks xsacha!

Posted via CB10
    Same on this end, but, we're here.....now.
    07-18-13 07:43 PM
    Great AweSome Wonderful Tool - too bad I am not a RIM employee - maybe I should not have told them that this was not going anywhere in 1997... LOL
    07-18-13 09:31 PM
    xsacha - Are Sachesi & Link backups compatible with each other? i.e. Is it possible to restore with Sachesi from a Link backup or vice-versa?
    07-19-13 11:35 AM
    xsacha - Are Sachesi & Link backups compatible with each other? i.e. Is it possible to restore with Sachesi from a Link backup or vice-versa?
    I successfully loaded a backup with Sachesi today, first time I tried, using a backup created with BlackBerry Link.

BlackBerry Link has been crashing every time I hit the restore tab. Thankfully Xsacha's fine program worked perfectly.
    zavar likes this.
    07-19-13 11:50 AM
    Yes. I create the metainfo file that Link looks for. I also use the correct PIN where required now.

I don't add the second file that Link adds though because it's useless (Link doesn't even look for it).

If it's not working in Link, please tell me
    zavar likes this.
    07-19-13 11:56 AM
    Alpha 17: Can now extract Factory/Test OS and Radio.
    Alpha 18: Added Z5, A-Series, B-Series and C-Series devices to 'Searcher' feature. The Verizon devices automatically switch to Verizon country/carrier.
    Mecca EL, Sator, glimer4 and 2 others like this.
    07-21-13 02:09 AM
    Alpha 17: Can now extract Factory/Test OS and Radio.
    Alpha 18: Added Z5, A-Series, B-Series and C-Series devices to 'Searcher' feature. The Verizon devices automatically switch to Verizon country/carrier.
    I'm just putting this out there...you, Darcy, and Hatax should start a Jedi training school. I'm your first apprentice. I'm dark, but I won't go dark!!

Alpha 18 is working excellently. One request? With the installer, can you have a pop up confirm that all selected apps have indeed installed?
    07-21-13 03:45 AM
    Alpha 18 is working excellently. One request? With the installer, can you have a pop up confirm that all selected apps have indeed installed?
    If there were no error messages, the device told me that they were all installed.
    Usually you'll see something like 'Error 500: ...' if there was an issue.
    07-21-13 03:50 AM
    I'm getting a virus warning on the latest Alpha build from Avast!, latest update list from them (checked to make sure it's current -- it is.)
    Last edited by tickerguy; 07-21-13 at 01:02 PM.
    07-21-13 12:52 PM
    I'm getting a virus warning on the latest Alpha build from Avast!, latest update list from them (checked to make sure it's current -- it is.)
    It has been sandboxed for me in the last several alphas, but this one would not extract until disabling Avast. I gave it proper clearance to run un-sandboxed after restart. It may be my imagination, but the registry entries (possibly the dll files) seem to not play well with BB link. No worries, though, because Sachesi is my backup/restore tool of choice for the time being. (Link won't even attempt to restore anymore as it crashes upon hitting the restore tab - All other functions of link seem to be working and I am on the latest link) I am on stl100-3 on 4651 btw.
    07-21-13 01:45 PM
    Thanks for you work on this, Sacha. I just used it to restore backup after flashing 4651 on my Z10. I'm using the mac alpha 16. Now I'm trying to use it to install my bars and it asks for my password and says it's incorrect every time I enter it. Any idea what's wrong? I'm sure I entered the right pw. It worked fine for backup and restore earlier.

EDIT: Really strange .... I closed and reopened Sachesi several times and it suddenly took the pw just now. Not sure what was going on. Installing bars as I type.
    07-21-13 05:08 PM
    Nothing much has really changed since the previous Alpha. Just a lot more strings (like A-Series, B-Series and so on). Not sure why that triggers anything in the anti-virus.
    The registry entries are done by Qt Settings.

EDIT: Really strange .... I closed and reopened Sachesi several times and it suddenly took the pw just now. Not sure what was going on. Installing bars as I type.
    I recently hid input. Maybe caps lock was on? Or some characters were wrong?
    07-21-13 08:01 PM
    CAn't get it to find my device so I can downgrade. Meh.

Gonna try Alpha 16 for WIndows.
    07-21-13 08:11 PM
    I recently hid input. Maybe caps lock was on? Or some characters were wrong?
    No. I have a simple pw. Doubtful I messed it up that many times. I have since seen my post that Sachesi sometimes recognizes the pw and sometimes doesn't. Haven't been able to pinpoint why though. If you have any insight, please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 08:12 PM
    Okay, i'm interested in using this. My question is : I'm running 10.1.1880. I want to go to the latest 10.1 leak which is something like 10.1.4xxx. Using this program, can I update my phone without wiping? As I hate backing up.

I believe I read somewhere that if I install the updated core apps, I won't have to wipe. Also, semi off topic, I want to update to the latest /best working 10.1 leak os. Which would that be?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 08:14 PM
    CAn't get it to find my device so I can downgrade. Meh.
    I'm guessing you're on Verizon/Sprint (please fill in your device information), so that's why. Does reloading with Link give you the stock OS version?
    07-21-13 08:14 PM
    Okay, i'm interested in using this. My question is : I'm running 10.1.1880. I want to go to the latest 10.1 leak which is something like 10.1.4xxx. Using this program, can I update my phone without wiping? As I hate backing up.

I believe I read somewhere that if I install the updated core apps, I won't have to wipe. Also, semi off topic, I want to update to the latest /best working 10.1 leak os. Which would that be?

Posted via CB10
    Since you're on Fido (like me), I doubt you have the STL100-1. 10.1.0.4xxx is only a carrier release for the STL100-1, so you're going to have to use an autoloader. Restores are a crapshoot, depending on what you're backing up and some other variables.

If you do decide to get a leak, then the latest .4651 is pretty good so far.
    07-21-13 08:16 PM
    I'm guessing you're on Verizon/Sprint (please fill in your device information), so that's why. Does reloading with Link give you the stock OS version?
    Negative. I'm AT&T SQN100-1 or something. Reloading with Link gives me 10.1.4653. There are a few ways to reload, so I'm going to attempt a different reload that resets to factory settings. It throws you off by allowing you to "reset to factory" and in a different section asks you to "reload".

I'm good now
    07-21-13 08:19 PM
    Since you're on Fido (like me), I doubt you have the STL100-1. 10.1.0.4xxx is only a carrier release for the STL100-1, so you're going to have to use an autoloader. Restores are a crapshoot, depending on what you're backing up and some other variables.

If you do decide to get a leak, then the latest .4651 is pretty good so far.
    Yes I'm on Fido with stl 100 3. I know that 10.1.4xxx is for stl 100 1 but I've read about leaks being for multiple devices. I heard it has simple lock and I want that. So is. 4651 the best? Does it have really good battery life?

I'm not sure I understand what you said about installing the core apps. Is it possible? Will it wipe? Is it easy to use?

I've used too many leaks and am fed up with wiping. I can't backup because my pc is too slow

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 08:29 PM
    Yes I'm on Fido with stl 100 3. I know that 10.1.4xxx is for stl 100 1 but I've read about leaks being for multiple devices. I heard it has simple lock and I want that. So is. 4651 the best? Does it have really good battery life?

I'm not sure I understand what you said about installing the core apps. Is it possible? Will it wipe? Is it easy to use?

I've used too many leaks and am fed up with wiping. I can't backup because my pc is too slow

Posted via CB10
    I haven't tested installing .4xxx apps over an older release, but I did a comparison of the .2354 and .4651 autoloaders, and almost every single .bar file was updated in .4651. Of course, some features (such as simple password) are OS-dependent.
    07-21-13 08:34 PM
    I haven't tested installing .4xxx apps over an older release, but I did a comparison of the .2354 and .4651 autoloaders, and almost every single .bar file was updated in .4651. Of course, some features (such as simple password) are OS-dependent.
    Okay. Say I were to update from my os (10.1.1880) to a .4xxx leaked update. Would I be able to do a full backup using this sachesi application? Is it easy to use?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 08:51 PM
    Okay. Say I were to update from my os (10.1.1880) to a .4xxx leaked update. Would I be able to do a full backup using this sachesi application? Is it easy to use?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't done backups with Sachesi, but it should work.
    07-21-13 09:15 PM
3,558 ... 7891011 ...