05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 8485868788 ...
tools
    I'd really like to know why it crashes for some people. I can't reproduce it at all here Even just tried on a brand new Windows 7 install.
    Could it be that OpenSSL needs the VisualC++ 2008 runtime?
    I could reproduce the issue with my Win7 VM, however after installing Qt, the runtime and VisualStudio 2012 it now works.
    Edit: Seems to be something in VisualStudio that makes it work.
    Last edited by Gerii; 08-24-14 at 05:37 PM.
    08-24-14 04:07 PM
    wondering if someone could help me out. trying to do a non destructive for the first time. im stuck on trying to split the debrick file. im assuming im supposed to leave the os and radio boxes checked, everything starts ok, but the program sits at 0% splitting autoloader. what am I doing wrong? running ver 1.2.3 on win7. newer versions crash out on me
    shashiraz likes this.
    08-24-14 05:37 PM
    Try downloading and installing the files from here:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

They will end up in the correct location (windows>system32 and windows>SysWOW64).

BTW, After you click the download button, just check the top two .exe files and not the last one.
    Thanks. I did all that, rebooted, but same error message. I even tried to copy a new version of the dll into the directory SysWOW64 and can't. I made sure I had administrative privileges, and tried to change the permissions on that directory, but you can't. Also, an older version of that ell was already in the directory.

Strange--the older version of Sachesi was working OK, as I recall. I'll try loading that one back into Windows.

Edit--I just put the June version, 1.2.3, into Windows and it's fine. No error message.
    08-24-14 05:37 PM
    Can someone please help me, Sachesi runs and then Closes, please help. Ive run it as administrator.
    Mine also doesn't seem to work. The earlier version would start and then within 5 seconds or so shut down. The latest version won't even start. Click on the .exe file and nothing happens. It does this on two computers, one running Windows 7 Home 64 bit and the other running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
    BTW, I did fix the msvcr110.dll file issue on both machines.
    08-24-14 05:40 PM
    Thanks. I did all that, rebooted, but same error message. I even tried to copy a new version of the dll into the directory SysWOW64 and can't. I made sure I had administrative privileges, and tried to change the permissions on that directory, but you can't. Also, an older version of that ell was already in the directory.

Strange--the older version of Sachesi was working OK, as I recall. I'll try loading that one back into Windows.

Edit--I just put the June version, 1.2.3, into Windows and it's fine. No error message.
    Did you try downloading the files one at a time and then running them one at a time? Did you check the folders, ie windows>system32 and windows> sysWOW64, to see if the correct files were there now?
    08-24-14 05:54 PM
    Did you try downloading the files one at a time and then running them one at a time? Did you check the folders, ie windows>system32 and windows> sysWOW64, to see if the correct files were there now?
    No, I just ran the Microsoft DL with the top two files checked. And I checked the WOW folder but not System 32 for the dll. I'll do that next time I'm in Windows Boot Camp.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 06:04 PM
    No, I just ran the Microsoft DL with the top two files checked. And I checked the WOW folder but not System 32 for the dll. I'll do that next time I'm in Windows Boot Camp.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the download doesn't install anything. Need to run the .exe files after they are downloaded.
    08-24-14 06:08 PM
    wondering if someone could help me out. trying to do a non destructive for the first time. im stuck on trying to split the debrick file. im assuming im supposed to leave the os and radio boxes checked, everything starts ok, but the program sits at 0% splitting autoloader. what am I doing wrong? running ver 1.2.3 on win7. newer versions crash out on me
    You don't split any autoloader files. You split the debrick OS file and then extract the apps from it. Good luck.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1052
    08-24-14 06:10 PM
    Mine also doesn't seem to work. The earlier version would start and then within 5 seconds or so shut down. The latest version won't even start. Click on the .exe file and nothing happens. It does this on two computers, one running Windows 7 Home 64 bit and the other running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
    BTW, I did fix the msvcr110.dll file issue on both machines.
    Try to install this: Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Center
    08-24-14 06:58 PM
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-2014-08-25-8.20.31.png
    anyone can tell me how to fix this???...osx....thanks
    08-24-14 07:26 PM
    Report:

I installed the above, and also DL'ed the two files in the post a few posts above--the ones I had DLed but not run separately. I then rebooted, and Sachesi 1.2.3 now runs without a hitch.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this.
    08-24-14 07:34 PM
    Report:

I installed the above, and also DL'ed the two files in the post a few posts above--the ones I had DLed but not run separately. I then rebooted, and Sachesi 1.2.3 now runs without a hitch.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this.
    Does the search button work too?
    08-24-14 07:37 PM
    You don't split any autoloader files. You split the debrick OS file and then extract the apps from it. Good luck.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1052
    got it to work. had to downgrade to sachesi 1.2.1 to get the split and extract to work, but it froze on the install. went down to sachesi 1.1.3 for the final install. worked perfect. but what I meant by autoloader was that when you split the debrick, the progress bar says 0% split autoloader...or something like that
    shashiraz likes this.
    08-24-14 07:56 PM
    got it to work. had to downgrade to sachesi 1.2.1 to get the split and extract to work, but it froze on the install. went down to sachesi 1.1.3 for the final install. worked perfect. but what I meant by autoloader was that when you split the debrick, the progress bar says 0% split autoloader...or something like that
    That's what it says on mine too. With different versions of Sachesi. It always stays at 0%.

Posted via CB10
    shashiraz likes this.
    08-24-14 08:48 PM
    That's what it says on mine too. With different versions of Sachesi. It always stays at 0%.

Posted via CB10
    have you tried 1.2.1? it was the 4th I tried. the split process only took a minute, so youll know when you found a working one.
    shashiraz likes this.
    08-24-14 09:19 PM
    Does the search button work too?
    How did you guess? No! Search just closes it down, even Version lookup.
    08-24-14 09:45 PM
    anyone can tell me how to fix this???...osx....thanks
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-no-connect.jpg

OK, got everything to work except connecting to the phone. DEBRICK file split, APP BARS extracted, DocsToGo files removed. Now if I could only get the thing to connect to my phone. Any ideas......?

Windows 7, btw.
    08-24-14 09:48 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No connect.JPG 
Views:	530 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	293278

OK, got everything to work except connecting to the phone. DEBRICK file split, APP BARS extracted, DocsToGo files removed. Now if I could only get the thing to connect to my phone. Any ideas......?

Windows 7, btw.
    I'm very very new to sachesi, but I think I read today that it has trouble with USB 3.0. And make sure you're using a blackberry cable to connect to your computer. Other then that I'd say try different versions of sachesi. I went through 4 version, 2 worked, but neither did the entire job.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:07 PM
    I'm very very new to sachesi, but I think I read today that it has trouble with USB 3.0. And make sure you're using a blackberry cable to connect to your computer. Other then that I'd say try different versions of sachesi. I went through 4 version, 2 worked, but neither did the entire job.

Posted via CB10
    I am using the "official" Blackberry USB cable and a USB 2.0 port. May try an older version of Sachesi tomorrow.

Although, I now have noticed that my DDPB Snap program can no longer find my Z10 device.......Hmm........Coincidence?......You decide.......(Eerie music playing in the background).
    08-24-14 10:24 PM
    Hmm, so some users are reporting 1.3.2 doesn't even start on their Windows now. The only change I made was the "-target xp" suggested here to support XP users. It seems it must require some extra libs to support XP then.
    08-24-14 10:30 PM
    Hmm, so some users are reporting 1.3.2 doesn't even start on their Windows now. The only change I made was the "-target xp" suggested here to support XP users. It seems it must require some extra libs to support XP then.
    Don't know about the XP stuff, but, yeah, even with the "fixes" posted earlier I had issues getting the latest version, 1.3.2, to start on my Windows 7 with my Z10 connected when I started up Sachesi. My fix for that, turn off Blackberry links "start on connection of device" option, start Sachesi and then plug in my device. Now if I could solve the issue of Sachesi not finding my device.......

Well, maybe not. Tried turning on developer mode, that solved my issue with DDPB Snap not connecting. Now I start up Sachesi 1.3.2 and as soon as I connect my device, it shuts down. The other older versions of 1.3.x won't stay up and working either.
    Last edited by ar1950; 08-24-14 at 11:07 PM.
    08-24-14 10:39 PM
    Argh, MSVC 2012 is a nightmare for redistribution.

I might just use MingW for Windows then.

Who could know you could have so many problems with a static binary that works fine on your own machines :P
    Kernald and Gerii like this.
    08-24-14 11:57 PM
    Argh, MSVC 2012 is a nightmare for redistribution.

I might just use MingW for Windows then.

Who could know you could have so many problems with a static binary that works fine on your own machines :P
    Lol. I should really try the newer versions out for you and see what I get but I'm sticking with v1.2.1. Whatever you did with that, works. I've never had a problem with it.
    08-25-14 12:34 AM
    lol. I should really try the newer versions out for you and see what i get but i'm sticking with v1.2.1. Whatever you did with that, works. I've never had a problem with it.
    msvc 2010
    08-25-14 01:38 AM
    Hmm, so some users are reporting 1.3.2 doesn't even start on their Windows now.
    On my Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 (while Sachesi 1.2.3 functions perfectly) Sachesi 1.3.2 and 1.3.1 start normally but they crash as soon as the search button is hit. Any clue . . . ?
    08-25-14 02:12 AM
3,558 ... 8485868788 ...