05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 678910 ...
tools
    hello, I wanna ask..
    if I download 10.2.0.483 superawesomeness.zip (from kris), then I extract the .exe from sachesi, can I create autoloader from extracted Kris OS for STL100-1 using sachesi?
    07-15-13 10:38 PM
    OK, I'm going to rewrite the backup code to be a bit more flexible and I'm going to put error messages throughout.
    I'll have a new version that should work in an hour or two
    That would be great. I'll try it out as soon as I can, though I think I need to get some zzzz's first.
    07-15-13 10:41 PM
    Which version? I'm pretty sure that first one is fixed in Alpha 12.
    Ah, and I'm running version 11. Well played sir.
    07-15-13 10:47 PM
    hello, I wanna ask..
    if I download 10.2.0.483 superawesomeness.zip (from kris), then I extract the .exe from sachesi, can I create autoloader from extracted Kris OS for STL100-1 using sachesi?
    So you want to unpack an autoloader that isn't for STL100-1, repack it into another autoloader that isn't for STL100-1 and try to see if it works on STL100-1?

Good luck with that.
    07-15-13 11:16 PM
    So you want to unpack an autoloader that isn't for STL100-1, repack it into another autoloader that isn't for STL100-1 and try to see if it works on STL100-1?

Good luck with that.
    i see i see..
    so, the differentiator for STL 1/2/3/4 is not depend from autoloader script? the sys.bar is contain were is for stl 1/2/3/4?

thanks for the explanation

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    07-15-13 11:22 PM
    Have to go now. Almost finished new backup procedure. A few other nice features too.
    Will release it when I get back tonight.

i see i see..
    so, the differentiator for STL 1/2/3/4 is not depend from autoloader script? the sys.bar is contain were is for stl 1/2/3/4?

thanks for the explanation
    OSes differ for OMAP and Qualcomm. You can't mix STL 100-1 with STL100-2,3,4.
    Sator, LP_Rigg and kndL like this.
    07-15-13 11:57 PM
    Have to go now. Almost finished new backup procedure. A few other nice features too.
    Will release it when I get back tonight.

OSes differ for OMAP and Qualcomm. You can't mix STL 100-1 with STL100-2,3,4.
    okay..
    i mean mot mixing the contain of os.. just create autoloader for STL 1 with contain STL 2/3/4 files..

okay, thanks, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    07-16-13 12:03 AM
    Wow! This is getting better and better! Great work XSacha!!!!...

A small suggestion if I may... make the password field in backup/install a hidden password field... ie put **** instead of the real password.

Cheers
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    07-16-13 01:30 PM
    okay..
    i mean mot mixing the contain of os.. just create autoloader for STL 1 with contain STL 2/3/4 files..
    Which files? Autoloaders only contain OS and Radio. Both are SoC dependant.
    kndL likes this.
    07-16-13 04:32 PM
    OK. Alpha 13 released.
    New backup/restore process. Automatically detects methods that are available (such as enterprise) and shows them in a list. Also shows their sizes. Tested several times and they should work.
    Password is hidden on entry now.
    Mecca EL, zavar and sbmd like this.
    07-16-13 05:43 PM
    Thanks xsacha. I tried Alpha 13 and the backup worked great and it completed both the personal and enterprise backups. I did a backup with BB Link to compare the backup size and it's identical to the one created by Sachesi. Great work, now I just need to try the restore after loading .4633.
    07-16-13 06:14 PM
    OK. Alpha 13 released.
    New backup/restore process. Automatically detects methods that are available (such as enterprise) and shows them in a list. Also shows their sizes. Tested several times and they should work.
    What could be the reason my device is not detected via usb?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:20 PM
    OK. Alpha 13 released.
    Wow that was fast!

What's are CSE Beta and CSE BBWorld servers for? I can't seem to download what they offer....
    07-16-13 06:24 PM
    xsacha - Any chance the backup/restore works with the playbook too? If so, I'll have to try that once I get home.
    07-16-13 06:34 PM
    What could be the reason my device is not detected via usb?
    If you're using Mac or Linux, you need to set Storage Mode to 'Connect to Mac' instead of 'Autodetect'.
    Other than that, there shouldn't be any issues. It scans all IPs in the 169.254.* range.

xsacha - Any chance the backup/restore works with the playbook too? If so, I'll have to try that once I get home.
    Technically it should. I tried on my Playbook and get an authorisation failed message but I think it's unrelated as I am getting it for everything right now and Link isn't working either.
    Edit: Playbook wasn't working because I had the wrong date which stopped the certificates working.

Wow that was fast!

What's are CSE Beta and CSE BBWorld servers for? I can't seem to download what they offer....
    The Beta server is where beta firmware (currently 10.2) is stored and it's also where beta builds check for updates. It uses an internal network so you can't actually download from there without being on their VPN.

The BBWorld server is used whenever Blackberry hosts a Blackberry World. They usually have this special server set up to host materials relating to the event (such as a new OS).
    Last edited by xsacha; 07-16-13 at 09:18 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-16-13 07:55 PM
    Just released Alpha 14 (Windows, Mac, Linux).
    Fixed some issues with the extractor.

Now offering ability to choose what you split from an autoloader (for eg. the PIN list is still disabled by default). I think some people wanted the ability to extract it for some reason.
    glimer4, Mecca EL and sbmd like this.
    07-17-13 02:21 AM
    Which files? Autoloaders only contain OS and Radio. Both are SoC dependant.
    files (OS only, without radio) from OS 10.2.0.483 (from kris)

extract that OS into hundreds .bar files, then pack again using sachi till become autoloader for STL-1

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 05:00 AM
    files (OS only, without radio) from OS 10.2.0.483 (from kris)

extract that OS into hundreds .bar files, then pack again using sachi till become autoloader for STL-1

Posted via CB10
    You can't change the bar files in an OS and then repackage it.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    kndL likes this.
    07-17-13 05:38 AM
    Thank you. I successfully did a backup and restore with an enterprise account. I have never tried a restore before, just hated reading others experience that I didn't care to find our myself. But this program worked on my first try. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 05:52 AM
    The Beta server is where beta firmware (currently 10.2) is stored and it's also where beta builds check for updates. It uses an internal network so you can't actually download from there without being on their VPN.
    Hmm... at least it's good to know what beta version they are working with vs the leaked ones... Maybe with some nice IP Spoofing we would be able to get those files :P

The BBWorld server is used whenever Blackberry hosts a Blackberry World. They usually have this special server set up to host materials relating to the event (such as a new OS).
    Ok, the change of names that BBRY did is what got me mixed up... it should say BBLive now...

I was wondering, in the "Searcher" I think it would be nice to have a search function that would check all the country/carrier combinations and end up with the latest update for a given device/variant....

Keep up the awesome work....

Thanks
    07-17-13 07:08 AM
    I was wondering, in the "Searcher" I think it would be nice to have a search function that would check all the country/carrier combinations and end up with the latest update for a given device/variant....
    Everyone asked for this but unfortunately it's not really possible. They have checks to prevent spamming the server. There is 100s of 1000s of combination that I know of. That and I don't know every combination.
    07-17-13 08:39 AM
    hey great work xsacha, question from a non tech savvy guy here, Can I run (install) autoloaders with sachesi on a mac? Or could this be a on a future release? I now it's a *.exe file but could it be possible adding a runtime to run the autoloader? (if it makes any sense )
    and last, hope I'm not being to picky here , but can you add an icon to the app?
    07-17-13 09:37 AM
    hey great work xsacha, question from a non tech savvy guy here, Can I run (install) autoloaders with sachesi on a mac? Or could this be a on a future release? I now it's a *.exe file but could it be possible adding a runtime to run the autoloader? (if it makes any sense )
    It will be possible in the future to install .signed files when I have my bootrom communication done. Right now it can only install .signed files when contained inside a .bar (that is downloaded firmware).

and last, hope I'm not being to picky here , but can you add an icon to the app?
    What icon do you suggest?
    HipPo13 likes this.
    07-17-13 09:42 AM
    I'm effin wondering why I never read this thread the day I first saw it. Damn I was stupid.

This stuff is great! Thanks xsacha!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-17-13 09:59 AM
    It will be possible in the future to install .signed files when I have my bootrom communication done. Right now it can only install .signed files when contained inside a .bar (that is downloaded firmware).
    nice, wait..., let me get this straight first, does this mean that us mac users will be at some point, hopefully in the near future, be able to split the autoloader and install the resulting .signed files w/o the need to use a windows based computer? no offense to windows computers or users, I just don't like switching from my primary.

What icon do you suggest?
    IDK a doodle drawing of a Z10+Q10+Q5 with the word sachesi on top perhaps? sorry not my forte
    07-17-13 10:06 AM
3,558 ... 678910 ...