02-09-18 12:39 AM
3,553 ... 7172737475 ...
tools
    I'm using Sachesi for the first time updating my AT&T Z10. I read the whole guide sticky and waited 2 hours without touching my phone. It seems to be stuck on "Sending adobeReader 50%". I disconnected my phone, closed and re-opened Sachesi and started the process over. Still getting stuck on the same screen. I'm updating to T-mobile's latest OS .2228. Using windows 8.1

Thanks
    04-03-14 02:20 PM
    Still getting stuck on the same screen. I'm updating to T-mobile's latest OS .2228. Using windows 8.1

Thanks
    Maybe instead of using the Upgrade mode with hundreds of separate bar files, try the Debrick mode: just 2 bar files :radio + OS with all goodies ....
    04-03-14 02:56 PM
    Or just redownload that one bar file.
    04-03-14 03:19 PM
    Maybe instead of using the Upgrade mode with hundreds of separate bar files, try the Debrick mode: just 2 bar files :radio + OS with all goodies ....
    Only if you extract the apps from the debrick bar file. Then you're just loading the OS and radio without the new apps.
    ralphlauren27 likes this.
    04-03-14 03:43 PM
    Only if you extract the apps from the debrick bar file. Then you're just loading the OS and radio without the new apps.
    Wow, I stand corrected !
    Thank you, thurask! I never realised it.
    04-03-14 03:45 PM
    More than once I've had one corrupt file downloaded with Sachesi. It would get stuck installing one particular file.

In my case, I re-downloaded the whole OS and apps, but probably could have just downloaded the one file that it was hanging up on.
    04-04-14 02:39 AM
    I'm using Sachesi for the first time updating my AT&T Z10. I read the whole guide sticky and waited 2 hours without touching my phone. It seems to be stuck on "Sending adobeReader 50%". I disconnected my phone, closed and re-opened Sachesi and started the process over. Still getting stuck on the same screen. I'm updating to T-mobile's latest OS .2228. Using windows 8.1

Thanks

Adobe Reader is not a critical core OS file.

Just temporarily remove that BAR file from the folder you are installing, install all the rest, the device will restart by itself.

Once it has restarted, verify that the OS version and Radio version have updated, and then try re-installing just that one BAR file.

If it still fails, try re-downloading it, you may have a corrupted file.

If that still does not work, Adobe Reader is just an app like any other app. Just uninstall it in BlackBerry World (using "delete" option), then re-download/install it again, that should fix it.
    04-04-14 05:49 AM
    More than once I've had one corrupt file downloaded with Sachesi. It would get stuck installing one particular file.

In my case, I re-downloaded the whole OS and apps, but probably could have just downloaded the one file that it was hanging up on.
    The file likely isn't corrupt. I have found that after closing and re-opening Sachesi that those files will install properly on a second try.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    04-04-14 08:49 AM
    When I install .bar files with Sachesi,I observe that each upload pauses briefly at 50%; it then resumes until completion at 100%. The second 50% takes less time than the first 50%. Does anyone know the nature of those pauses? I assume they may be due to phone-side, rather than Sachesi-side, activity.
    04-04-14 09:04 AM
    When I install .bar files with Sachesi,I observe that each upload pauses briefly at 50%; it then resumes until completion at 100%. The second 50% takes less time than the first 50%. Does anyone know the nature of those pauses? I assume they may be due to phone-side, rather than Sachesi-side, activity.

xsacha is the best person to answer since he wrote it. But I think what is happening is the first stage is a straight file copy, and the second stage is unpacking the file on the phone, or something like that.

Or I could have that reversed, or be completely wrong.
    eywong likes this.
    04-04-14 09:29 AM
    xsacha is the best person to answer since he wrote it. But I think what is happening is the first stage is a straight file copy, and the second stage is unpacking the file on the phone, or something like that.

Or I could have that reversed, or be completely wrong.
    I guess you are completely right
    04-04-14 09:31 AM
    The first 50% is 'Sending' the file to the phone. It is measured linearly as the amount of data sent / filesize. The second 50% is the phone installing the file and reporting the progress to my app.
    I did this to match how the phone itself reports the progress.

I have no control over this second 50% and must only await the results from the phone. Occasionally it will send me an error message and I will report this in the window (for instance, 'OS version too old' or 'invalid file').

The file likely isn't corrupt. I have found that after closing and re-opening Sachesi that those files will install properly on a second try.
    It's interesting you avoid an issue by restarting Sachesi. I will look in to that.
    04-04-14 09:54 AM

It's interesting you avoid an issue by restarting Sachesi. I will look in to that.
    On the latest 10.2.1 non-destructive upgrade, I use sachesi to send the files in chunks of 4-5 files since I had numerous errors. Had to restart many times to get the upgrade complete of the new bars. No issue with radio or os bar files. It was the 500 error.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    04-04-14 12:42 PM
    On the latest 10.2.1 non-destructive upgrade, I use sachesi to send the files in chunks of 4-5 files since I had numerous errors. Had to restart many times to get the upgrade complete of the new bars. No issue with radio or os bar files. It was the 500 error.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    I have had no problems downloading and installing any software release packages, with any version of Sachesi. All on my antiquated WinXP. I always selected the 150+.bar files, then dragged and dropped them onto the Sachesi window.
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2947
    Radio: 10.2.1.2229
    04-04-14 07:30 PM
    Please help, am getting this error when trying to install a bar file.
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-img_20140407_075507.jpg
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-img_20140407_073718.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 10:26 PM
    I want to use my mac to load a os on my phone but this thread about Sachesi seems unsuccessful

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:57 PM
    "Seach" and "Version" lookup buttons now work fine in 1.1.6, but still doesn't see the BB device - just searching for it infinitely.

So, for me now the situation is as follows:

v1.0 = works fine at all (search, lookup & device detection).
    v1.1.0-1.1.2 = unknown (doesn't have any of these). If someone shares any of these versions I could check.
    v1.1.3 = search and lookup works fine, but doesn't see the device.
    v1.1.4-1.1.5.1 = doesn't work at all (crashes on searching, lookuping & doesn't see the device)
    v1.1.6 = search and lookup works fine, but doesn't see the device.
    So, are there any solutions or things I can try to make the latest version see the device? It looks very strange that an oldest Sachesi and BB Link see the device, but newer Sachesi versions do not.
    04-07-14 03:10 AM
    So, are there any solutions or things I can try to make the latest version see the device?
    The latest version is 1.2.1. Just making sure I'm in sync with the conversation.
    Last edited by eywong; 04-07-14 at 04:31 AM.
    04-07-14 03:42 AM
    I want to use my mac to load a os on my phone but this thread about Sachesi seems unsuccessful

Posted via CB10
    try yourself, no one will do it for you.
    I have no problem with Sachesi on my Mac (except force close from time to time).

======
    Would extremely appreciate if someone repack Win Sachesi 1.2.1 to Mac version!
    04-07-14 06:02 AM
    I tried this a year ago & jus figured the file was broken because the app never ran but I tried again today w/ the same 1.1.2 & got it to work after launching it differently For like 5 hours straight I was doing this Not giving up Searched for codes but none for 2947 so I just loaded the Sprint 2674 bars & see no difference in the features or settings So, I'll probably only ever update after pulling out the xp because leaks are cooler & Sachesi only searches for Software Releases & "claims" to be safer because it doesn't clean your phone & erase all your data as the Autoloader would do but the wipe is probably what is preventing my phone from really updating or maybe this release is just no better than the 2228 OTA official os I had for T-MOBILE that just sent a week ago

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 07:45 AM
    I tried this a year ago & jus figured the file was broken because the app never ran but I tried again today w/ the same 1.1.2 & got it to work after launching it differently For like 5 hours straight I was doing this Not giving up Searched for codes but none for 2947 so I just loaded the Sprint 2674 bars & see no difference in the features or settings So, I'll probably only ever update after pulling out the xp because leaks are cooler & Sachesi only searches for Software Releases & "claims" to be safer because it doesn't clean your phone & erase all your data as the Autoloader would do but the wipe is probably what is preventing my phone from really updating or maybe this release is just no better than the 2228 OTA official os I had for T-MOBILE that just sent a week ago

Posted via CB10
    That has to be the longest run-on sentence I've ever read.

The Period
    04-07-14 07:59 AM
    That has to be the longest run-on sentence I've ever read.

The Period
    but you read it

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 08:01 AM
    but you read it

Posted via CB10
    And have no idea what you said.
    NoAhB0Dy and jevinzac like this.
    04-07-14 08:03 AM
    I had this happen as well. The particular .bar gets stuck, but goes fine after Sachesi restarted.
    OM
    04-07-14 12:27 PM
    The latest version is 1.2.1. Just making sure I'm in sync with the conversation.
    Oh... Sorry. I've missed it somehow. A few day ago latest version was 1.1.6.

Now I've tried the latest 1.2.1 and all the same - it doesn't see the device...
    04-07-14 03:41 PM
3,553 ... 7172737475 ...