05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    Hi all! I am new to Sachesi, and I've read that to do a clean install of new BB OS on my Q5 I need to get the Debrick files.

However, there doesn't seem to be any option to choose Debrick/Upgrade mode. Where do I find that option?

Thanks!
    At the MODE white field, click on UPGRADE and choose from drop-down menu the DEBRICK option.
    02-21-14 05:10 AM
    Thanks for finding that out. This makes a lot of sense!

I have just updated Sachesi to 1.1.3 for Windows to resolve this issue. It is likely this trips up a lot of apps.

Done. Now appears in 1.1.3
    @xsacha
    does it mean that v1.1.3 can be used in VMware Fusion virtual machine ?
    02-21-14 05:19 AM
    At the MODE white field, click on UPGRADE and choose from drop-down menu the DEBRICK option.
    Not seeing anything like that...
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-capture.png
    02-21-14 05:53 AM
    Not seeing anything like that...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	655 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	249855
    drama...no wonder...
    need to switch on the advanced features by clicking the circle at the right upper corner
    Mecca EL and ryanswj like this.
    02-21-14 06:24 AM
    drama...no wonder...
    need to switch on the advanced features by clicking the circle at the right upper corner
    You da man! Got that working. You get an upvote from me.
    02-21-14 08:53 AM
    Thank you so much for such an awesome tool. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Donated!
    02-21-14 01:11 PM
    I have tried to search this issue Im having now and cant seem to find the answer. If this answer has already been posted sorry for the double post. Im trying to get Sachesi to open in Debian 7 wheezy. no matter what I try I can not get the program to open. I have been able to run this on mint and ubuntu in the past. any help would be greatly appreciated. going to also try the windows version in a virtualbox to see if that work.
    02-21-14 08:43 PM
    I have tried to search this issue Im having now and cant seem to find the answer. If this answer has already been posted sorry for the double post. Im trying to get Sachesi to open in Debian 7 wheezy. no matter what I try I can not get the program to open. I have been able to run this on mint and ubuntu in the past. any help would be greatly appreciated. going to also try the windows version in a virtualbox to see if that work.
    Make sure your Debian 7 wheezy is 64-bit. I have only compiled it for 64-bit at this stage. It is notoriously difficult to compile for 32-bit on a 64-bit Linux system.

And yes, VMWare does work. This is how I test all my builds, including OSX
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-22-14 12:03 AM
    I finally found the culprit! xsacha's explanations on how Sachesi communicates with the BB gave me the hint I needed. I verified my active connection with ipconfig and saw that I had a couple of connection starting with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx. The one that was interfacing (badly I should say) with the BB connection was Oracle VirtualBox, which I previously used to emulate BB10 or Android, can't remember... Anyway, it was creating several "interface" connections for all my network cards, and my hypothesis is that these weren't passing informations as transparently as it should. I uninstalled it, and I can now connect to my Z30 with Sachesi without problems. (And as a bonus, my internet connection was taking like 60 seconds to connect when I started Windows. That is gone as well.)

I guess it can be possible that other similar emulator (VMware, etc.) which enable virtual network connection to your virtual device can do the same thing, so you people might want to verify your Device Manager to see if there's something like this. I'm on Windows 7, don't know about Win 8 or Linux.

For what it's worth, the computer I normally use Sachesi on runs Win7-x64 and also has VirtualBox installed on it, along with a virtual network adapter created by VirtualBox in the 169.254.xxx.xxx range, and I have never had any major connectivity issues with it on most of the Sachesi versions. (There have been occasions, but those were usually resolved with an incremental Sachesi update)
    02-22-14 06:18 AM

Now that's handy information. I'll have to try that.
    02-22-14 06:20 AM
    Make sure your Debian 7 wheezy is 64-bit. I have only compiled it for 64-bit at this stage. It is notoriously difficult to compile for 32-bit on a 64-bit Linux system.

Yeah I run 64 bit. Still having the same issue, will try the virtual box option. Is there any other information from my Debian systems I can provide you to help getting it working?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:28 PM
    Yeah I run 64 bit. Still having the same issue, will try the virtual box option. Is there any other information from my Debian systems I can provide you to help getting it working?

Posted via CB10
    What version of OpenSSL is it using?
    PhilErenrich likes this.
    02-23-14 02:51 AM
    So am looking to install latest OS using Sanchesi tomorrow.

What Country, carrier code do I need? I am in USA with Verizon

And after update, should I reboot phone? And also install the Snap bar file, by putting in development mode and use chrome browser to install?

Q10, running 10.1.0.4189
    02-23-14 10:47 PM
    CraftEcowgirl, I am also on a Q10 with Verizon in the US - same OS version as you, and I spent tonight working out the kinks to get my phone updated with Sachesi too. Update is going on right now, so I'm typing this from my PC. Look in this thread for my own recent questions and progress-- people there were really helpful. :-)

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...phones-905407/

So am looking to install latest OS using Sanchesi tomorrow.

What Country, carrier code do I need? I am in USA with Verizon

And after update, should I reboot phone? And also install the Snap bar file, by putting in development mode and use chrome browser to install?

Q10, running 10.1.0.4189
    02-23-14 11:07 PM

Q10, running 10.1.0.4189
    You don't need developer mode to install Snap. You can install it along with the other update files, in Sachesi.
    The update will reboot phone for you.
    02-23-14 11:29 PM
    CraftEcowgirl, I am also on a Q10 with Verizon in the US - same OS version as you, and I spent tonight working out the kinks to get my phone updated with Sachesi too. Update is going on right now, so I'm typing this from my PC. Look in this thread for my own recent questions and progress-- people there were really helpful. :-)

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...phones-905407/
    Thanks! So did your phone finish updating??

Q10, running 10.1.0.4189
    02-24-14 08:53 AM
    Yes! I had a few false starts where Sachesi would get through only a few files and then stall. I finally re-booted my phone, disabled my anti-virus shield (thinking maybe the scanning of outgoing files was interfering), re-opened Link to make sure it could still find my phone, then closed Link and started the Sachesi install again. It seemed to be running ok then, so I went to bed and this morning it was all done! I didn't need to wipe the phone or restore anything, either. All my files, settings, & contacts were intact. SUCCESS! :-)

Thanks! So did your phone finish updating??

Q10, running 10.1.0.4189

My Q10, SQN100-2, running 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    02-24-14 10:52 AM
    Yes! I had a few false starts where Sachesi would get through only a few files and then stall. I finally re-booted my phone, disabled my anti-virus shield (thinking maybe the scanning of outgoing files was interfering), re-opened Link to make sure it could still find my phone, then closed Link and started the Sachesi install again. It seemed to be running ok then, so I went to bed and this morning it was all done! I didn't need to wipe the phone or restore anything, either. All my files, settings, & contacts were intact. SUCCESS! :-)

My Q10, SQN100-2, running 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    What country, carrier code and model did you use?

Q10, running 10.1.0.4189
    02-24-14 12:17 PM
    I see from the Lengend thread that you've already succeeded in updating your phone - congrats!

For the record, I used country 234 (UK), carrier 15 (Vodaphone) and model SQN100-3. Even though our phones are SQN100-2, other Verizon customers have posted here that the SQN100-3 files work perfectly. And they do. In fact, I didn't even lose the Verizon account app which was pre-installed on the phone, and which I actually find useful.

What country, carrier code and model did you use?

Q10, running 10.1.0.4189
    02-24-14 03:14 PM
    @xsacha:
    I just want to thank you sooo much for creating the Sachesi tool and offering it to Blackberry owners for free! You have really done the BB owners a huge service. I don't have a Paypal account, but I feel that I should be paying you something for the work you've put into this. Are there other apps you have in BB World that I could buy (my carrier bills me directly for BBW purchases)? Thank you again - it's one thing to read about how Sachesi works, but quite another to watch it in action. Really great work.
    02-24-14 03:34 PM
    +1

Just for enabling non-destructive upgrades in Linux!

Z10 until Z30
    02-24-14 03:58 PM
    I was trying to upgrade my friend's Q10 OS using Sachesi where I encountered a problem.

What I did was download the OS completely as John mentioned in his post in the BB forum, renamed the folder accordingly, and use folder when needed. The update files has updated 1 other Q10 without a hitch. So when I ran this particular Q10, opened Sachesi, see it's detected, click Install tab, and drag & drop the Q10 update folder to Sachesi.

For a moment, there was a screen where Sachesi asked for the password for the device (there's no password lock for the device, or encryption by any means), but after that it continued to this screen.

Where it stayed there for 20 minutes. In other upgrade instances (I upgraded 1 Z10, 1 Z30, 3 Q10's so far), and most of them had screen updates like which file's being uploaded and the progress etc. So this one was odd, it stayed like that in one file. When I press refresh, it says like this:

The error message was "Error - Authorization". I googled it, found some thread like this at crackberry and other places. Only one provided a possible solution and didn't work: to turn on device password and disable it after that.

I tried moving to another computer (copying the sachesi file and update files from my laptop) and running Sachesi there but same result (seems the device). I used Sachesi 1.1.2 before and tried 1.1.3 with the same result. It would mean the device is at fault, not the laptop.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, using Sachesi 1.1.2, trying to update to Sw Release 10.2.1.2102. I updated a few Q10's before this one so I'm fairly sure it's not the update files. It's a Q10 SQN100-3, installed with Sw Release 10.2.1.537. Hopefully somebody can shed light on this.

Link:
    - Possible Solution that didn't work:
    Advanced: How to Force Load the Latest OS 10.2 On Your BlackBerry - BerryReview
    - Another thread with the same problem but with Windows 8.1:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-8-1-a-906535/
    02-25-14 05:40 AM
    OK. So this is what that error means:
    Sachesi told the phone it wants to perform an update (eg. 68 files, 1.5GB).
    The phone replied: "Error description: authorization".
    Sounds fairly meaningless right? If only Blackberry could come up with more creative error messages

Basically the error means that the computer was unable to authenticate with the phone (which should have been the step before asking to update). As I can see your battery is 100% and your device is STL 100-1, that means the laptop clearly did authenticate correctly.

So what interrupted it in between? It could be one of a few things:
    1) Outdated Link drivers. Could affect USB commands. Try updating to the latest ones?
    2) Link is trying to log in at the same time as Sachesi. Make sure Link is idle, or close it.
    3) Another program is talking to your phone over the same communication. Maybe another app trying to install or request information. Unlikely. Typically turning on developer mode (and/or off again) will kick them off.

I think you said you tried all of those, so other than that I am not sure what you could do.
    Hamilton Guy likes this.
    02-25-14 06:27 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply xsacha
    1. BB Link updated before updating using Sachesi, in both Laptop and my other computer.
    2. I was sure Link was closed but didn't check Task Manager, I'll try that.
    3. I haven't tried turning on & off developer mode so I'll try that too.

I also tried restarting both the other computer and the Z10 just to be sure, didn't make a difference. Thanks, keep up up to date after trying the above.
    02-25-14 10:05 AM
    @koolaje:
    I had a similar experience. I didn't get an error message, but I had several "false starts" where Sachesi would stall, after briefly showing a login screen that I couldn't log into. It would go back to the Install tab, but do nothing. Here is what I did:

First, I closed Sachesi.
    Then I removed the password from my phone (I put it back later after the update).
    Then opened BB Link to make sure the phone was recognised still. (Don't do anything with it, just let it see the phone.)
    Then closed BB Link.
    Then I disabled my Anti-Virus program temporarily, in case it was interfering with files going to and from my computer.
    Then I re-opened Sachesi, and made sure it found my phone.
    Then clicked the Install tab, and dragged my downloaded folder onto it again.

This seemed to do the trick - the install went to completion without pause - took about 90 minutes. (I went to bed once Sachesi had clearly passed the point where it had stalled before.)

After completion, close Sachesi, re-enable your A-V program, and put the password back on your phone. (Keep it charging for the first 24 hours or so while the battery settles - it will run hot and drain quickly otherwise. After a day or so it calms down and decharges normally.)

Hope this helps!
    02-25-14 10:24 AM
3,558 ... 5859606162 ...