05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 5556575859 ...
tools
    Yes you can, I installed it without a hitch, I used the settings for Rogers wireless in Canada. Takes about an hour . I then installed the 1926 radio using the autoloader.

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Z10 (STL100-3) 10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    Sorry but which autoloader? On sachesi?Iam new and need help!Last time I tried to update the phone couldn't go past the BlackBerry logo during booting!Had to reload!

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    02-04-14 10:51 AM
    Omni, BBLink works absolutely great. That's not the problem. The problem with Link is that my browsers (FF & IE8) lose the ability to open websites as soon as the BBLink is on my computer. They just load and load and that's it. Other browser functions work, no lags, no slowing down, no nothing.

What "other functions" are you referring-to that aren't related to opening websites?

The computer behaves normally, I just can't surf anymore. And when I hit the Finish button after uninstalling BBLink, the browsers work again with full steam immediately. So that's why I can't keep BBLink on my computer. One addition: Chrome and Opera works, albeit slower, but my primary browser is a heavily personalised Firefox, so I can't and won't skip on that. IE8 is bare.

It sounds to to me that this might be related to a web proxy setting.

A lot of security utilities set themselves up as a proxy as a way of redirecting traffic through them in order to scan web traffic.

Most likely Eset changed the proxy setting on Firefox, but since it doesn't support Chrome or Opera, left those alone.

I recommend taking a look at the proxy settings in your browsers and see if Firefox has something in there that is redirecting it through Eset's tool. Probably a custom port number on localhost, ie 127.0.0.1, something like that.
    02-04-14 03:43 PM
    Is there a video that walks you through the update process? I used Sanchesi about 4 months ago but I honestly can't seem to remember how to use it or load the radio file. Anyone wanna help out?
    02-04-14 05:29 PM
    OK finally got it to work on 10.8.5. I left the SIM in and the radios on. Now running Rogers version of 10.2.1. Loaded SNAP with Sachesi too. 10.2.1 is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:50 PM
    Omni, I set my FF to "No proxy".
    02-04-14 10:07 PM
    Sorry but which autoloader? On sachesi?Iam new and need help!Last time I tried to update the phone couldn't go past the BlackBerry logo during booting!Had to reload!

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    I used Sachesi to install (non destructively so no need to backup and restore) the 10.2.1.1925 OS release which installs with the 1899 Radio file, I then in turn installed the 1926 Radio via the autoloader since it offers better performance on my STL100-3 on AT&T.

02-04-14 11:22 PM
    Omni, I set my FF to "No proxy".

There's no context there.

Was that what it was already set to, or did you just change it? Did it help?

Also - is there a Firefox add-on from Eset installed? That may be doing the traffic redirecting.
    02-04-14 11:40 PM
    Is there a video that walks you through the update process? I used Sanchesi about 4 months ago but I honestly can't seem to remember how to use it or load the radio file. Anyone wanna help out?

No video that I am aware of.

The following link is the Sachesi page on the old Berryleaks wiki page - but bear in mind I do not personally endorse it because A) I have no idea who is editing or maintaining that content these days and B) it is based on an older version of Sachesi.

Sachesi - BerryLeaks Wiki

Do you only want to update the radio firmware?
    02-04-14 11:46 PM
    I noticed that wiki and added most the information you see there and fixed up some mistakes.
    Omnitech and toobs623 like this.
    02-04-14 11:55 PM
    I used Sachesi to install (non destructively so no need to backup and restore) the 10.2.1.1925 OS release which installs with the 1899 Radio file, I then in turn installed the 1926 Radio via the autoloader since it offers better performance on my STL100-3 on AT&T.

How is the performance better using the 1926 radio?
    02-05-14 09:00 AM
    Omni, it was the setting I as always using in FF. The IE8 is bare with no customized settings, only the Google toolbar is present on both.

There is no add-on from Eset.

There is no change when I deactivate Eset... Does anyone has a definite, 40W bulb-like productive idea of how could I make Sachesi to see my phone actually? :-)
    02-05-14 04:33 PM
    There is no change when I deactivate Eset... Does anyone has a definite, 40W bulb-like productive idea of how could I make Sachesi to see my phone actually? :-)

Not when Link is not installed.

Quickest and easiest solution at this point IMHO: put Link and Sachesi on a different computer.
    02-05-14 09:17 PM
    How is the performance better using the 1926 radio?
    I've noticed that it connects faster upon power-up or when taken out of airplane mode, also when I travel to Canada it finds permitted carriers many times faster versus 1899. I'd also say that it appears to be easier on my battery, approx 5-10% better.

Why do you ask, what's your experience been ??

02-05-14 09:43 PM
    I've noticed that it connects faster upon power-up or when taken out of airplane mode, also when I travel to Canada it finds permitted carriers many times faster versus 1899. I'd also say that it appears to be easier on my battery, approx 5-10% better.

Why do you ask, what's your experience been ??

No other experience but always looking for something better than AT&T can provide. I live in Alaska but travel often to the states and abroad.
    02-05-14 11:11 PM
    Thanks Omni, appreciated!

Now I just have to buy another computer... Umm, no.
    02-06-14 10:41 AM

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    Just send a pm to xsacha, he's really great at helping new users out.

02-06-14 06:03 PM
    Thanks Omni, appreciated!

Now I just have to buy another computer... Umm, no.

Or borrow one. Come over to my house, I'll let you borrow a laptop.

Or maybe do a VirtualBox OS install of XP or something. Has anyone tried that before?
    02-06-14 06:14 PM
    Thanks Omni!

Now I just did my final try. Installed BBLink for the 7th time. Rebooted. Config'd, tried Sachesi. Nothing. I did a repair install, rebooted. I disabled Eset protection & firewall. Tried Sachesi; nothing. I added new rules to the trusted zone in Eset, specifically allowed traffic from/to the Z10. Tried Sachesi; nothing. Used different cables, in different USB connectors again. Nothing...

Dunno... Somehow I don't feel the overwhelming urge to update my phone any more...

Does anyone know when will we get a comprehensively new BBLink which is a bit friendlier with system resources? Or a new Sachesi version which is not sensitive to different, specific computer environments?
    02-06-14 08:39 PM
    Now I just did my final try. Installed BBLink for the 7th time. Rebooted. Config'd, tried Sachesi. Nothing. I did a repair install, rebooted. I disabled Eset protection & firewall. Tried Sachesi; nothing. I added new rules to the trusted zone in Eset, specifically allowed traffic from/to the Z10. Tried Sachesi; nothing. Used different cables, in different USB connectors again. Nothing...

Most likely there is something in your network configuration or USB configuration that is causing the problem. You cannot really fully disable many security tools just by clicking a button, you would have to uninstall them and even then they may leave remnants that affect the system.

As for rules, the issue is not allowing traffic to/from the device necessarily, you have to make sure that the executables in Link are authorized. And also have to remember that Link works as a network router basically - you have to make sure Eset does not block traffic to the virtual network adapter Link uses or any dedicated subnets it creates.

Also, it is common for USB devices to try to take-over the USB bus in various ways and so if you have a variety of USB devices installed that use their own drivers not included with the OS, those things are commonly a problem because they want to "steal" the USB bus for themselves.

Does anyone know when will we get a comprehensively new BBLink which is a bit friendlier with system resources? Or a new Sachesi version which is not sensitive to different, specific computer environments?

I cannot speak about Sachesi but when it comes to Link, I would not imagine that a complete re-architecting of that would be available any time soon, that is a big project.

What Blackberry primarily needs to do, in my opinion, is do a better job of testing Link with a variety of non-vanilla configurations, ie using different 3rd-party firewalls and security utilties and VPN clients and so on. And then document exactly under what conditions it will be crippled by those system customizations and explain to users how to solve or avoid those situations.
    02-06-14 09:46 PM
    Interesting thoughts, but still, this is the only environment on my computer which refuses to work properly. I'm on my Samsung Wave with bada OS 1.2 & Samsung Kies; works perfectly and it's not a famously streamlined thing. I'm using my computer quite extensively with USB cables here and there; I haven't jumped to the wireless bandwagon.
    The moment when things start to go frumpy is when I install BBLink. That's when the Firefox and IE8 go into browsing hybernation. But BBLink itself is working perfectly, doing its job nicely and quickly. The connection is absolutely perfect between the Z10 and BBLink. But something is in the undetectable spectrum for Sachesi in whatever configuration. The USBs got nice stabilized power, yet it doesn't recognize the Z10. And I absolutely can't understand the funny aspect of BBLink, the mentioned browser paralysis. You can do anything in the menus, bookmarks, settings, etc. everything is normal (pretty much the whole computer) - except for the site-opening ability of FF & IE8. Aaand when I uninstall BBLink with Revo Uninstall Pro (to wipe any remnants and fragments), the browsers keep spinning the wheel on the tabs even after the uninstall process is basically done. So BBLink is uninstalled technically, browsers are still paralyzed, sites are not loading. The final step in the process is to click the Finish button on the Revo. After uninstalling, after wiping the file/registry fragments. And in that very second, the sites load immediately.
    However, that doesn't explain the inability of Sachesi to detect the phone, because it is highly visible to the computer via USB (BB Device Manager; drivers are OK now), visible for BBLink when it's on the computer, and of course in mass storage mode too. I can do everything with it - except with Sachesi. And I thought that Sachesi would be a Godsend for me as I can't keep BBLink on the computer for the obvious above reasons...
    02-07-14 07:29 PM
    Want to install new 10.2.1 since my MVO carrier will need ages to release them.

Everyone here appear to know how it work, but I simply just didn't understood how to use Sachesi 1.1.2 to install the update. Can't find any user manual or how to so will ask here hoping for help.

I did the Search for updates selecting a national carrier and the new update is available. Hit "Download All" and the process is finished.

And...now? Going to the "Install" tab I got some files highlighted in different colors such as in the screenshot I attach.

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-capture-1.jpg
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-capture-2.jpg

Need I to select only some of them? Which one? And after selecting the files I want to update...what need I to do? There isn't any "Install" button.
    Or need I to select some folder? Again, which one?
    02-08-14 04:33 PM
    Ok find the way: just selected the 10.2.1.537 directory on my desktop and the upgrade started.

Appear to be all fine, no loss of data, no need to reload the backup, will see in the future how is going.
    02-08-14 05:43 PM
    I am curious, where does Sachesi search for firmware files before downloading them? I know it downloads from Blackberry, but where is the index for firmwares?
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 02-11-14 at 01:27 PM.
    02-11-14 12:37 PM
    I am curious, where does Sachesi search for firmware files before downloading them? I know it downloads from Blackberry, but where is the index for firmwares?
    It queries BlackBerry's servers.
    AFAIK Sacha is the one who figured out the server address. You can view it if you check the code of 10Bars http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...kberry-897268/
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    02-11-14 01:53 PM
    It queries BlackBerry's servers.
    AFAIK Sacha is the one who figured out the server address. You can view it if you check the code of 10Bars http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...kberry-897268/
    Thanks. I didn't know BB servers kept an index of all this. If they kept this I wish we could actually get these directly from BB but for some reason Sachesi can get around this limitation but BB seems to just hide it all behind the curtains.

So now I am looking into updating my Verizon Z30 using Sachesi, which Carrier/Model should I use? I just checked Canada / Telus / STA1005 and then Canada / Bell / STA1005 one has 155 files other 156.. I don't want to mess this up since no other carrier sells STA1003
    02-11-14 01:58 PM
3,558 ... 5556575859 ...