02-09-18 12:39 AM
3,553 ... 5455565758 ...
tools
    Sorry if this isn't new, but there are just so many posts in this thread to read them all. Since my carrier is late in delivering the last update, I was thinking to go Sachesi, but just wanted to ask you guys...

1. installing another carrier FW means that I will also get its bloatware too?

2. Regarding future updates, will my phone be "seen" as registered with the new carrier and receive updates accordingly?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on Cosmote Romania
    02-01-14 03:45 PM
    Sorry if this isn't new, but there are just so many posts in this thread to read them all. Since my carrier is late in delivering the last update, I was thinking to go Sachesi, but just wanted to ask you guys...

Yes you get the bloat ware. Just delete it.

2. Regarding future updates, will my phone be "seen" as registered with the new carrier and receive updates accordingly?

No, your phone stays registered to your carrier. If you want the other carrier's update you have learn about it on your own. CB is a good source for this information.

Thanks.

chrisro likes this.
    02-01-14 09:40 PM
    Uploading to the phone. I have all the files on the computer. I finally did a restore and I'm back to what I had before.

Posted via CB10
    Like Ralph said in a post above, try using a friend's PC.
    02-01-14 09:43 PM

Thanks.

All firmware is identical. There is no bloatware. Carrier-specific add-ons are installed afterwards (first run).

All updates are dependent on currently inserted SIM card. Nothing to do with what firmware is installed.
    Mecca EL and chrisro like this.
    02-01-14 11:27 PM
    All firmware is identical. There is no bloatware. Carrier-specific add-ons are installed afterwards (first run).
    I downloaded (with Sachesi) the EE UK update as soon as it was available. Then I downloaded the one from Wind Italy.

The first one had two more .bar files, notably the "My EE" app. I did not end up installing that one, because I just put a Wind SIM card and updated via OTA. Are you saying that those two BAR files would have not been installed anyway?
    02-02-14 04:54 AM
    Mmm yes, some carriers do have a 'My <carrier name>' app. This is easily removed though. Fairly uncommon.
    They really should be installed post-update instead (since this option became available in 10.1).
    02-02-14 05:30 AM
    ...and now the program is stuck on the "sending pbcd" at 50% and isn't moving. [...]

Stopped software rebooted the phone, and thankfully it still worked. Ran Sachesi again. Stopped again at 50% through the pbcd file. Maybe that file is corrupted.

If you are installing a bunch of BAR files and Sachesi has trouble with one of them, it will just stop at that point. Sometimes you will see in the log some errors listed, sometimes not.

So what I do in such a case is:

1. Close Sachesi
    2. Move the file it stopped on (ie "pbcd" in this case) to another folder
    3. Restart Sachesi and try the copy/install again without the problematic file

If it is a non-essential app that doesn't load with the OS, then it shouldn't cause a problem with the basic OS installing and starting. Then you can try to load it later by itself. If it still fails, then try to get a better copy somewhere, ie extracted from the .signed file or directly from the production server.

(Edit: It appears that the sys.data.pbcd file is the installer for the Mac OS version of the "Desktop Manager" utility. So that shouldn't be a system-critical file at all.)
    Last edited by Omnitech; 02-02-14 at 08:33 AM.
    lnichols likes this.
    02-02-14 07:47 AM

All updates are dependent on currently inserted SIM card. Nothing to do with what firmware is installed.
    What about SIM free phones? Wouldn't it be logical that exactly these would get the update first and without any hesitation?
    02-02-14 09:38 AM
    Tried to update using Sachesi by downloading Rogers version works fine to locate the files but when click download nothing happens????

Any suggestions

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:57 AM
    I installed the bars one by one and the phone just rebooted itself without going past the BlackBerry logo.Connecting to the pc it showed that the Os was never updated!Can restoring the backup help the BlackBerry boot?At this point I don't care about the 10.2.1.1925. I care more for my BlackBerry than updating!

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    02-02-14 11:05 AM
    What about SIM free phones? Wouldn't it be logical that exactly these would get the update first and without any hesitation?
    Nope, they are the last to get updated. I think SIM-free still gives 10.0.9.

You can test SIM free by entering carrier and country as '0'
    02-02-14 08:10 PM
    Thanks xsacha! I tested; nothing. Now I have to figure out how can I motivate Sachesi to recognize my phone and maybe I can upload the UK O2 update I downloaded with it.

USB Auto: nope
    USB Win: nope
    USB mass storage ON: nope
    USB mass storage OFF: nope

The computer otherwise immediately recognizes the phone and file exchange is perfect. Different USB connectors behave the same. Is there any software conflict that you know of? For example Sachesi with Eset, or similar...
    02-02-14 08:20 PM
    Thanks xsacha! I tested; nothing. Now I have to figure out how can I motivate Sachesi to recognize my phone and maybe I can upload the UK O2 update I downloaded with it.

USB Auto: nope
    USB Win: nope
    USB mass storage ON: nope
    USB mass storage OFF: nope

The computer otherwise immediately recognizes the phone and file exchange is perfect. Different USB connectors behave the same. Is there any software conflict that you know of? For example Sachesi with Eset, or similar...
    For detection, it relies on the ability to ping broadcast channel on your USB. If you have a strict firewall in place, this may stop apps from detecting devices unless they have an (expensive as in $20k) USB driver.
    Realistically there's no reason for a firewall to block USB net but you never know.

Also, of course USB mass storage must be turned off (but that is default anyway). You also need latest Link drivers if you have newer firmware.
    02-02-14 08:47 PM
    Xsacha, my firewall settings are pretty much average, and the only BB components I have on the computer is the BB Device management (Apploader and Appworld Installer). I had to uninstall BBLink, because it stops my browsers' ability to connect to websites. They just load and load, and basically nothing happens. Their other functions are untouched and work perfectly. The computer itself and the browsers themselves don't slow down, they just can't connect. And in the very moment I hit the Finish button on the BBLink uninstall screen, the sites load immediately.
    02-03-14 09:47 AM
    Oh just another quick question: is the presence of BBLink on the computer as an absolute requirement for Sachesi to connect/work?
    02-03-14 09:13 PM
    Xsacha, my firewall settings are pretty much average, and the only BB components I have on the computer is the BB Device management (Apploader and Appworld Installer). I had to uninstall BBLink, because it stops my browsers' ability to connect to websites. They just load and load, and basically nothing happens. Their other functions are untouched and work perfectly. The computer itself and the browsers themselves don't slow down, they just can't connect. And in the very moment I hit the Finish button on the BBLink uninstall screen, the sites load immediately.

Do you have some sort of VPN client or utility installed? What other customized networking settings?

Oh just another quick question: is the presence of BBLink on the computer as an absolute requirement for Sachesi to connect/work?

Yes, Link installs USB drivers that Sachesi requires to work.

I don't know if uninstalling Link removes all those drivers or not.
    02-03-14 09:20 PM
    Do you have some sort of VPN client or utility installed? What other customized networking settings?

Yes, Link installs USB drivers that Sachesi requires to work.
    I don't know if uninstalling Link removes all those drivers or not.
    Nope, I don't have any. The only "customized" thing is that when I plug the USB cable in (mass storage mode off), then my Eset Smart Security shows a network connection screen (either Public or Home/Work, and the latter is not recommended by Eset - doesn't matter I click this).

Ugh, then it won't work...? And BTW I wrote my BB ID password in the PW field on Sachesi. Is that correct? I don't use any other PW on the phone...
    02-03-14 10:33 PM
    Nope, I don't have any. The only "customized" thing is that when I plug the USB cable in (mass storage mode off), then my Eset Smart Security shows a network connection screen (either Public or Home/Work, and the latter is not recommended by Eset - doesn't matter I click this).

Ugh, then it won't work...? And BTW I wrote my BB ID password in the PW field on Sachesi. Is that correct? I don't use any other PW on the phone...

Well that's exactly the kind of utility that can block Link from working - if you have the full Eset version, it has its own built-in firewall.

You can probably make it work by customizing the rules and making sure all the Blackberry components are unblocked.

The only password that Sachesi cares about is a lock password. Does your device request a password when you wake it up out of sleep?
    02-03-14 10:54 PM
    Ok peeps Sachesi newbie here. When I hit install .bar and select the folder it just opens the folder. I am guessing I don't need to install each file separately so how do I get this thing to work.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 01:53 AM
    Can i update my z10 to new blackberry 10.2.1 with Sachesi?
    02-04-14 04:18 AM
    They really should be installed post-update instead (since this option became available in 10.1).
    I agree with you, strange thing that BB still lets carriers add .BAR files to the "core" OS update
    02-04-14 04:39 AM

Yes. Check here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-bars-896769/
    02-04-14 06:14 AM
    Omni, BBLink works absolutely great. That's not the problem. The problem with Link is that my browsers (FF & IE8) lose the ability to open websites as soon as the BBLink is on my computer. They just load and load and that's it. Other browser functions work, no lags, no slowing down, no nothing. The computer behaves normally, I just can't surf anymore. And when I hit the Finish button after uninstalling BBLink, the browsers work again with full steam immediately. So that's why I can't keep BBLink on my computer. One addition: Chrome and Opera works, albeit slower, but my primary browser is a heavily personalised Firefox, so I can't and won't skip on that. IE8 is bare.

And it didn't matter if BBLink was installed or not, Sachesi just spun the cog endlessly, and couldn't recognize my phone. With or without password, 0 in the password field, the result was the same.
    02-04-14 10:32 AM
    Yes, you need the drivers that it installs, just set it up not to start when you connect a BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Z10 (STL100-3) 10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    02-04-14 10:59 AM
    Yes you can, I installed it without a hitch, I used the settings for Rogers wireless in Canada. Takes about an hour . I then installed the 1926 radio using the autoloader.

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Z10 (STL100-3) 10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    Last edited by gliveron; 02-04-14 at 11:15 AM.
    02-04-14 11:01 AM
3,553 ... 5455565758 ...