05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    I think one of your apps is screwing the application data reading up.

I remember some apps on 10.0 caused restores to fail if they were included, but this would depend on which apps you have installed.

Posted via CB10
    so I will probably have to do a wipe? I think I know which app it was, I got rid of it, but I still have the 0 mb app data problem

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 10:33 AM
    My z30 isnt working properly. I need to transfer the new 10.2 from Rogers that I found with Sachesi but I keep on getting searching for USB device and it doesnt connect. BlackBerry connects to the device. Ive deleted and reinstalled Sachesi and even tried Sachesi on another laptop but the same issue. Driving me insane, spent the whole day without use of my phone and my z30 cant make or recieve calls. I see others with same issue on google searches. Is there a bug with Sachesi? I have used it 3 times before with no issues until now.
    Please help. Thanks in advance
    11-05-13 11:12 AM
    My z30 isnt working properly. I need to transfer the new 10.2 from Rogers that I found with Sachesi but I keep on getting searching for USB device and it doesnt connect. BlackBerry connects to the device. Ive deleted and reinstalled Sachesi and even tried Sachesi on another laptop but the same issue. Driving me insane, spent the whole day without use of my phone and my z30 cant make or recieve calls. I see others with same issue on google searches. Is there a bug with Sachesi? I have used it 3 times before with no issues until now.
    Please help. Thanks in advance
    make sure link is not running and you have blackberry device manager 7.1 installed

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 12:08 PM
    make sure link is not running and you have blackberry device manager 7.1 installed

Posted via CB10
    You must mean "have BlackBerry desktop manager "UNINSTALLED" BBDM should not be on your PC and if it is, uninstall it AND BBLINK and reboot computer-Then reinstall the newest version of Link-they do not play well together.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 12:19 PM
    You must mean "have BlackBerry desktop manager "UNINSTALLED" BBDM should not be on your PC and if it is, uninstall it AND BBLINK and reboot computer-Then reinstall the newest version of Link-they do not play well together.

Posted via CB10
    no I meant blackberry device manager 7.1, it is the driver, sachesi will not work without it, the driver is in the same folder on the phone where link is located

Posted via CB10
    wolffkrieger likes this.
    11-05-13 12:53 PM
    It gets that 0MB result from your phone. Link will show the same thing.
    It means you have no application data (eg. saved games)
    I did a full back up yesterday, I just checked the backup file it says for size it is 2.05 gb, I am assuming that even though it shows 0mb for app data, it still backed up the data

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:03 PM
    no I meant blackberry device manager 7.1, it is the driver, sachesi will not work without it, the driver is in the same folder on the phone where link is located

Posted via CB10
    Really! Humm--didn't know that and had never heard that.
    11-05-13 02:39 PM
    Really! Humm--didn't know that and had never heard that.
    The BB Device Manager setup files are packaged within sys.data.pbcd, inside a .rcfs file.
    11-05-13 06:22 PM
    The BB Device Manager setup files are packaged within sys.data.pbcd, inside a .rcfs file.
    Ah---gotcha, I didn't know that so I probably should have stayed out of this one Thurask-LOL---My bad as usual Thanks for the info and lesson. Got to add that to my other sys info folder.
    11-05-13 08:10 PM
    HI all from Vancouver.

I've been happily using SACHESI for a long time - it's really a treat and especially as it doesn't require developer mode like DDPB does.

I've got a new Z30, however, and SACHESI does not see it at all. My Z10 and Q10 both work fine on the same USB cable, same PC, and V1.1 of the application. Just the Z30 doesn't show up at all - developer mode or not. DDPB can see it fine, as well (and so can Link).

Just curious if anyone got it working with a new Z30 themselves, personally.

Thanks all.

--Bill
    11-06-13 09:59 AM
    HI all from Vancouver.

I've been happily using SACHESI for a long time - it's really a treat and especially as it doesn't require developer mode like DDPB does.

I've got a new Z30, however, and SACHESI does not see it at all. My Z10 and Q10 both work fine on the same USB cable, same PC, and V1.1 of the application. Just the Z30 doesn't show up at all - developer mode or not. DDPB can see it fine, as well (and so can Link).

Just curious if anyone got it working with a new Z30 themselves, personally.

Thanks all.

--Bill
    PS: It is interesting to me that the Z30 and the PlayBook both have special USB chipsets that allow Host Mode - and neither device is showing up in Sachesi.
    11-06-13 10:04 AM
    i think this question referred to using Sachesi on a Mac. I had originally said I had no problem with Sachesis on my MacbookPro using Mavericks (10.9), and I didn't think I did have a problem. But it turns out that after DL'ing the OS bar files several times they are nowhere to be found on my HD--believe me, I've looked everywhere. This didn't happen to me with Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

This isn't a practical problem for me since I have a Win 8 virtual machine on my Mac and can use Sachesi 1.1 on that, DL the bar files, and move them to the Mac. But I suppose it represents some incompatibility between Sachesi and Mavericks.

Addendum: I just rebooted the Mac and tried again to DL the bars, this time from a different carrier. It seems to be DL'ing, gives the percentages, ends the operation at 100%, but then there is no folder with the bars in any directory, including Applications (where it was under Mountain Lion 10.8.5), Documents, Downloads, and Desktop. I even put Sachesi on the Desktop, thinking there might not be permissions for putting the directory in the Applications folder, but no luck. Also, a permissions repair didn't work. So this must be some incompatibility between Sachesi and Mavericks.
    I am glad I am not the only one with this issue. I did the same thing and would look all over and couldn't find the folder..
    11-06-13 11:05 AM
    PS: It is interesting to me that the Z30 and the PlayBook both have special USB chipsets that allow Host Mode - and neither device is showing up in Sachesi.
    Which OS are you running Sachesi on?
    11-06-13 12:54 PM
    Which OS are you running Sachesi on?
    Win7 64.

I think I solved the problem: I reinstalled Qt 5.11 and now I have connectivity to the Z30 on top of the already successful Q10 and Z10.
    11-06-13 02:04 PM
    Win7 64.

I think I solved the problem: I reinstalled Qt 5.11 and now I have connectivity to the Z30 on top of the already successful Q10 and Z10.
    I know updating from W8 to W8.1 broke Link and Sachesi unless one reinstalled Link, not sure why Qt would need to be installed if it's pre-packaged with Sachesi.
    11-06-13 02:14 PM
    Alpha 6 now available.
    Available where?
    11-07-13 12:47 PM
    I did a full back up yesterday, I just checked the backup file it says for size it is 2.05 gb, I am assuming that even though it shows 0mb for app data, it still backed up the data
    If it said 0MB for app data, no app data was backed up unless it's in kilobytes or something. The 2GB would be media and settings.
    Last edited by xsacha; 11-07-13 at 04:11 PM.
    11-07-13 02:34 PM
    I am glad I am not the only one with this issue. I did the same thing and would look all over and couldn't find the folder..
    Yes, and I've entered uninstalling the Mac Link program and reinstalling it--no help.
    11-07-13 03:31 PM
    If it said 0MB for app data, no app data was backed up unless it's in kilobytes or something. The 2GB would be media and settings.
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-untitled.jpg
    i just did a back up of the media and app settings only, and a full back up the other day
    11-07-13 04:52 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	532 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	218237
    i just did a back up of the media and app settings only, and a full back up the other day
    Oh oops. Yours is called 'Application Data'? Bug with me then!

Just fixed it with 1.1.1. Also I got rid of the .zip so people stop complaining about where their files went :P
    Last edited by xsacha; 11-07-13 at 07:26 PM.
    11-07-13 06:52 PM
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-2013-11-08-9.52.25.png
    mac osx10.9..cant use sachesi..
    11-07-13 07:55 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	屏幕快照 2013-11-08 上午9.52.25.png 
Views:	674 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	218287
    mac osx10.9..cant use sachesi..
    Yes it can

Maveriks appears to remove Qt when installed just instal it again
    11-07-13 07:57 PM
    Oh oops. Yours is called 'Application Data'? Bug with me then!

Just fixed it with 1.1.1. Also I got rid of the .zip so people stop complaining about where their files went :P
    its app data
    media
    and settings, I mis wrote, when I do all three it seems to do a normal back up ,it just shows 0mb for the app data, when I back up the app data alone it gives a negative percent value, I don't think its the sachesi program, I think its something on my device causing it, I will wipe it tomorrow, the program is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 08:11 PM
    and settings, I mis wrote, when I do all three it seems to do a normal back up ,it just shows 0mb for the app data, when I back up the app data alone it gives a negative percent value, I don't think its the sachesi program, I think its something on my device causing it, I will wipe it tomorrow, the program is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    I realised I actually hard coded the names and they may have changed in 10.2. Try again now with Sachesi 1.1.1 and app data should show the real value.
    11-07-13 09:14 PM
    I've been trying everything possible but I always keep getting stuck on "searching for usb" iv tried restarting and other thing mentioned in this thread with no luck. I'm using windows7. Can someone please help me out....
    11-07-13 09:28 PM
3,558 ... 4142434445 ...