02-09-18 12:39 AM
3,553 ... 23456 ...
tools
    xsacha is the restore option going to allow us to restore data similar to the old BBOS with all the options or is it going to be similar to Link with the three options? Thanks.
    07-11-13 09:40 AM
    Question about the MCC and MNC:

I checked the list for AT&T and there is several to choose from. Which is the right one to use?

Posted via CB10
    try 310 - 150 for AT&T USA
    howards likes this.
    07-11-13 10:23 AM
    Alpha 8 is now available for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX.

xsacha is the restore option going to allow us to restore data similar to the old BBOS with all the options or is it going to be similar to Link with the three options? Thanks.
    It will only have three options because that's all the device allows. Sorry .
    LP_Rigg and aliallibhai like this.
    07-11-13 11:17 AM

I'm gonna use Alpha 8 to grab .720 files...LOL (JK)
    Thank you for your awesome tool xsacha...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-11-13 11:33 AM

Would it be possible to remove what you do not want restored from the file and then repackaging? (the old backups were just archives...)
    I.e. Create a temporary copy of the backup with the bits we do not wish to restore and then restore from that file.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 12:20 PM

That sucks but thank you for the awesome functionality you have provided with this tool.
    07-11-13 12:23 PM
    Would it be possible to remove what you do not want restored from the file and then repackaging? (the old backups were just archives...)
    I.e. Create a temporary copy of the backup with the bits we do not wish to restore and then restore from that file.

Posted via CB10
    You can delete those archives but not anything inside. The entire .tar is encrypted.
    07-11-13 12:25 PM
    You can delete those archives but not anything inside. The entire .tar is encrypted.
    By default?
    On BBOS one could chose whether and encryption was wished or not.

It would have been nice if bits could be removed.

Posted via CB10
    SalMan50 likes this.
    07-11-13 12:28 PM
    By default?
    On BBOS one could chose whether and encryption was wished or not.

It would have been nice if bits could be removed.
    Yes, encryption is always on.
    Unencrypted backups were the source of root exploits and pirated applications so Blackberry decided to get rid of it.
    07-11-13 12:31 PM
    Yes, encryption is always on.
    Unencrypted backups were the source of root exploits and pirated applications so Blackberry decided to get rid of it.
    That's unfortunate. I think I once pulled a phone number out of the backup...
    It would be good if they could change it to have only encrypted what they do not want is to modify. I saw the other thread a few seconds earlier where you were discussing the topic...

Maybe encrypt the apps, but each individually - then when one does not want the app, the appropriate encrypted file could be removed.
    User data should also not be encrypted if the user wishes it to be so. (make it encrypted by default and option to back up unencrypted)
    It would not be too hard to do... question is whether there is a will to do it.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 12:37 PM
    New version released.

Backup feature is complete. Tested it quite a lot.

Connectivity issue fixed for installer.

Added 'Server' option back. Added ability for RIM employees to download latest firmware (10.2.0.720). Please leak it for us now

This versions UI went 'grayscale'.
    xsacha, my USB connection to my Z10 was endlessly cycling and not connecting under your previous release. It was a little shaky at first with Alpha 8 but it settled in and it worked! You have no idea what an achievement it is for you to design an app that somedumbone like me can actually use! Thanks so much! Take a bow!
    07-11-13 01:10 PM

Dont know if it's just me but it crashes on start on Mac (Running OSX 10.8.4)
    07-11-13 03:19 PM
    Dont know if it's just me but it crashes on start on Mac (Running OSX 10.8.4)
    Same here
    07-11-13 04:58 PM
    Guessing it doesn't like one of the shared libraries
    You have Qt 4.8?
    What version libcrypto and libssl?
    07-11-13 07:02 PM
    You have Qt 4.8?
    I don't remember installing qt on it
    Where do I find the libcrypto and libssl files ?
    (Installing the Qt libraries 4.8.5 for Mac as we speak, will let you know if it helps)
    07-11-13 07:33 PM
    You have Qt 4.8?
    Okay Installing it worked, you might wanna put that on the first page, so people dont think it's an issue with the software
    Link : http://download.qt-project.org/offic...urce-4.8.5.dmg
    07-11-13 07:50 PM
    Ok, added link to first page.
    I thought Mac would tell you that Qt was missing like it does on Windows and Linux :\.

I can bundle Qt with the package. Would increase the size by about 8MB and you'd need to download it every time. Otherwise just that one-off download.
    aliallibhai likes this.
    07-11-13 07:50 PM
    I think the one off install is better, maybe a pop-up on the first launch to remind the user to have Qt installed
    07-11-13 08:07 PM
    Ok, added link to first page.
    I thought Mac would tell you that Qt was missing like it does on Windows and Linux :\.

I can bundle Qt with the package. Would increase the size by about 8MB and you'd need to download it every time. Otherwise just that one-off download.
    Bundle in all libraries - i belive you'd call them statically linked. It should be easiee in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 01:38 AM
    Bundle in all libraries - i belive you'd call them statically linked. It should be easiee in the long run.
    No, static link won't be possible. I'd be bundling shared libraries as with the Windows build.

By the way, I have Restore feature working now.

Posted via CB10
    sbmd likes this.
    07-12-13 02:06 AM
    No, static link won't be possible. I'd be bundling shared libraries as with the Windows build.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, OK.
    In the end, the fewer dependencies a program had, the better in terms of usability.
    So if it is possible, ideally a program should be as self contained as possible.

Good to hear that restore works too .

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:22 AM
    Hmm, OK.
    In the end, the fewer dependencies a program had, the better in terms of usability.
    So if it is possible, ideally a program should be as self contained as possible.

Good to hear that restore works too .

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the only dependency is Qt

It's the reason it works on every platform (including phones and tablets btw . Yes, you don't need Blackberry Link anymore. Not even a PC (for most tasks).

Posted via CB10
    DetlevCM and sbmd like this.
    07-12-13 02:24 AM
    Quick question, the splitter work with leaks just fine, correct?
    07-12-13 02:57 AM
    It doesn't work with 663 or 720 yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Is the restore feature included in Alpha 8?
    07-12-13 12:00 PM
3,553 ... 23456 ...