02-09-18 12:39 AM
3,553 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    I just wanted to say "thank you" to xsacha for developing this program. I'm one of those unlucky fools who received Z10 at one of the developer jams. I've been waiting for the MR update for awhile now. I've tried to force an update using some tips offered on other threads to no avail. Then I came across this thread.

I am a novice to all this so I was really hesitant to try it, preferring instead to use official OS updates. But I was recently given a Q10 by my carrier for re-upping and I wondered if I would be able to continue using my Z10 as well as alternating with my new Q10 using the same SIM. When I first turned on my new Q10, after the initial setup and everything, it immediately began downloading the MR update. Needless to say, I was surprised and pleased. This got me to thinking about the MR update for my Z10. So I started googling for forcing an update as well as synchronizing the OS and data on each phone.

To get to the point, I found this thread! Not only was I able to force an MR update for my Z10, but I was also able to synchronize ALL the data between it and my new Q10! It wasn't completely smooth sailing, there was a couple of minor issues I had to resolve on the Q10. But overall it was as easy as 1, 2, 3. Now my Q10 is set up exactly like my Z10.

So again, thank you! THANK YOU for developing this program!
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-16-13 04:39 AM
    Hang on, what do you mean by 'passcode'?
    It still uses developer mode passwords right?

I guess I'll install a 1725+ firmware and see what's going on.
    I upgraded my device to 10.2.0.1725 on the weekend and didn't have any problems using Sachesi to sideload a couple of apps.
    09-16-13 07:53 AM
    Update to my last post, had to use a different computer today and all worked fine. Only difference is its running XP whereas the last one was Windows 7. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:35 AM
    Hi,
    I creating a backup (.bbb) of my Z10 using this tool

How do i restore my apps and settings ? When I click on the Install link and point to the BBB file, it does nothing ....

Running Windows 7

thanks
    09-16-13 11:28 AM
    Hi,

How do i restore my apps and settings ? When I click on the Install link and point to the BBB file, it does nothing ....

Running Windows 7

thanks
    Go to the Backup tab and load options and then once the options load, you can check/uncheck what you want or don't want to restore. Good luck!

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1725
    STL100-3 10.2.0.1725
    09-16-13 01:11 PM
    Mmm, might be something different with 1725. I haven't used that OS yet.

FWIW, that is precisely the version I successfully restored-to that I described in post #767 here.

Running Windows 7

You need to connect your device first, then I like to let it sit there and let BlackBerry Link (if installed) do all its connection tasks before I try to use Sachesi. (ie wait until it says it is connected and has mapped drive letters to the device before launching Sachesi, so that is not conflicting with USB communications)

Then go to the "Backup" tab to either backup or restore. If it is not saying "Searching for USB device" it has probably already connected to your device. Click the boxes for what components you want to restore (Apps/Settings/Media), select the .BBB file and at the bottom of the screen it should show restore progress.

When it is done it will simply go back to the default screen (no progress percentages) - you can verify this by noting the backup dialog on the device itself also disappears when done.
    09-16-13 05:36 PM
    Love it thank you so much!
    intrp8r likes this.
    09-17-13 10:02 AM
    Introducing Sachesi. The results of my continued work on firmware tools for Blackberry 10 and Playbook.

Sachesi allows you to extract, search for and (un)install Blackberry firmware. It also allows you to backup, restore, wipe, reboot and nuke. This is a continued evolution of the original Sachup and Sachibar applications.
    None of its activities require development mode. That is, you can sideload and uninstall applications without developer mode.

Downloads

Windows 1.0 (6400KB, 32-bit)
    Linux 1.0 (660KB, 64-bit, requires Qt 4)
    Mac 1.0 (237KB, 64-bit, requires Qt 4)
    Awaiting Approval: Blackberry 10

Donations

Q. How do I support your work?
    A. You can donate to me on my website: http://qtness.com/donate.html
    If you have an alternative method, please suggest it
    Xsacha: I have a quick question. Like so many on here, I too use your software to side-load android apps. Best software available in my opinion. But I have never used it to backup and wouldn't know how to restore with it (backup is fairly self-explanatory).

With all the issues involving BBLink and the problems when trying to restore the 3 files (settings, appdata and media) using Link, why not use your software instead? (Now if everyone is already doing this forgive my old stupidity please).

So my question is this: if someone were to use your loader/extractor to backup their phone, would there be any issues using it to restore the app data and settings (and media if necessary) after loading a new OS. Seems to make sense as all of the additional android apps are on your backup. I ask because if anyone ever tried to do a restore from the old Protect on the legacy devices, you know what a fiasco that was with the run together file, or worse yet, BBSAK! Both great programs for other services, but not backup and restore.

If you or someone can please reply to this post, and the answer is yes, then there are going to be a ton of happy users/members out there. Thank you very much for your support of everyone here! Go1ndr
    09-17-13 07:17 PM
    Xsacha: I have a quick question. Like so many on here, I too use your software to side-load android apps. Best software available in my opinion. But I have never used it to backup and wouldn't know how to restore with it (backup is fairly self-explanatory).

With all the issues involving BBLink and the problems when trying to restore the 3 files (settings, appdata and media) using Link, why not use your software instead? (Now if everyone is already doing this forgive my old stupidity please).
    The Backup and Restore in Sachesi work the same as Link.
    It doesn't check the manifest so it lets a lot more things through (like restoring to newer firmware) which Link does not allow. Other than that, the backup and restore is handled by the phone itself and Sachesi/Link have little to do with it.
    Some people have reported success with Sachesi and not Link but this is more due to Link's handling of manifests.
    The main issue with people having issues restoring is due to the phone firmware itself -- which should be fixed in the more recent 10.2's.
    09-17-13 07:34 PM
    The Backup and Restore in Sachesi work the same as Link.
    It doesn't check the manifest so it lets a lot more things through (like restoring to newer firmware) which Link does not allow. Other than that, the backup and restore is handled by the phone itself and Sachesi/Link have little to do with it.
    Some people have reported success with Sachesi and not Link but this is more due to Link's handling of manifests.
    The main issue with people having issues restoring is due to the phone firmware itself -- which should be fixed in the more recent 10.2's.
    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have only ever restored settings (per Mecca's advice) on the 10.xx builds and have never had a problem. But with all the new android apps, it would make more sense to use your software to backup/restore as the Android appdata would restore as well. Would you recommend restoring one file at a time--i.e. Settings first, then app data, then media? Or still just doing settings only. I have read as well, that the 10.2 builds did away with the problems, but man when you read some of these posts, its scary, all of the issues Link has caused--along with user error of course. Thank you again for getting back to me.
    09-17-13 07:41 PM
    But with all the new android apps, it would make more sense to use your software to backup/restore as the Android appdata would restore as well.

The BlackBerry 10 backup/restore routines that Sachesi invokes, as far as I know, are NOT designed to backup/restore sideloaded Android apps or their data. (It will backup/restore Android ports which were installed via BlackBerry World, in most cases.)

So you will still have to reload that stuff if you do a full autoloader install, or any install technique that wipes the device.
    09-17-13 08:18 PM
    Link restores data for sideloads just fine. It's best to install them prior to starting the process

Sent from my Z30/3
    09-17-13 08:22 PM
    Link restores data for sideloads just fine. It's best to install them prior to starting the process

OK so it's the apps themselves it doesn't restore, not the data.
    09-17-13 08:23 PM

Sent from my Z30/3
    OK so it's the apps themselves it doesn't restore, not the data.
    I thought it was the android apps that caused all the problems with the restoring of app data after an OS leak install. The horror stories abound regarding non-stop corruption issues when restoring AppData with Link. I was advised to never restore app data for that reason.
    09-17-13 08:39 PM
    I thought it was the android apps that caused all the problems with the restoring of app data after an OS leak install. The horror stories abound regarding non-stop corruption issues when restoring AppData with Link. I was advised to never restore app data for that reason.

I rarely have issues with restores personally, especially restores to the same OS version that the backup was taken from.

The reason a lot of people that mess around with OS leaks often avoid doing restores is because the leaks are by definition not official release versions, and as such, inevitably have bugs and omissions including no guarantee that restores of data/software from earlier versions will work properly.

Therefore a lot of those people prefer to install leaks "clean", so they are not affected by potential backup/restore incompatibilities. But they also give up a lot of the usability of the device in such cases. Telling general customers that they cannot update an OS without losing all their data would understandably be a real disaster.

This is one of the main reasons why I only install relatively mainstream leaks on my "daily driver", and leave the bleeding-edge leaks for the "experimental" device. On my daily driver, I always either do an in-place upgrade, or restore all my apps/data from a backup made prior to the update.
    09-17-13 09:19 PM
    Ok, I must be missing a step that I haven't been able to figure out so I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to backup my Z10 using Sachesi but it doesn't seem to be connecting. I've entered my Country, Carrier, Device and Variant info in the Search tab and then hit the Load Backup Options in the Backup Tab but no connection is created. I've even tried entering my build info (10.2.0.1047) in the Version Lookup button in the Search tab but no luck. (I don't have my phone password protected by the way).

What step or steps am I missing? Any help is appreciated. Cheers guys!
    09-23-13 01:01 AM
    is it possible to restore my data from bblink when i accidently sign in from another BBID acc (i mean i have sign in on my device with my own BBID)
    09-23-13 07:50 AM
    Ok, I must be missing a step that I haven't been able to figure out so I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to backup my Z10 using Sachesi but it doesn't seem to be connecting. I've entered my Country, Carrier, Device and Variant info in the Search tab and then hit the Load Backup Options in the Backup Tab but no connection is created. I've even tried entering my build info (10.2.0.1047) in the Version Lookup button in the Search tab but no luck. (I don't have my phone password protected by the way).
    Search tab is entirely unrelated to Backup/Restore.
    is it possible to restore my data from bblink when i accidently sign in from another BBID acc (i mean i have sign in on my device with my own BBID)
    Backups are encrypted with your BBID. So, no.
    09-23-13 08:16 AM
    Search tab is entirely unrelated to Backup/Restore.

Backups are encrypted with your BBID. So, no.
    even i rename bbid acc from bblink backup and sign in with the same bbid acc at bblink and my device but the fact the real my bbid acc is my own, i try to figured out using xsacha tools damn i accidently sign in others bbid acc at bblink for the first time...

nb: OMG my backup data loss fukkiinnn
    09-23-13 08:23 AM
    So basically you must restore with same bbid you used to backup.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:44 AM
    I had an issue last week with the Version 1.0 program. I took a backup from Sachesi on 10.2.0.1725 and then upgraded to 1743 but upon trying to restore the program said it could not read the backup file.

I then went back to Beta 19 or 20 and it allowed me to restore. Not sure if that is a bug or not but wanted to report it. The BBB file was over 5GB also so not sure if size would matter which it shouldn't.
    09-23-13 09:51 AM
    I had an issue last week with the Version 1.0 program. I took a backup from Sachesi on 10.2.0.1725 and then upgraded to 1743 but upon trying to restore the program said it could not read the backup file.

I then went back to Beta 19 or 20 and it allowed me to restore. Not sure if that is a bug or not but wanted to report it. The BBB file was over 5GB also so not sure if size would matter which it shouldn't.
    omg it's really big files, what are that inside files?
    apps = ?
    media = ?
    09-23-13 09:58 AM
    omg it's really big files, what are that inside files?
    apps = ?
    media = ?
    I have 2 games that were part of the "FALLAPPS" promo on BBWorld that are over 1GB each and have lots of data. So that is why as I wondered what the heck on size but then realized that is why. Some of these games are huge and my next upgrade I may uninstall them before backup to keep it smaller and then reinstall after.
    09-23-13 10:05 AM
    I have 2 games that were part of the "FALLAPPS" promo on BBWorld that are over 1GB each and have lots of data. So that is why as I wondered what the heck on size but then realized that is why. Some of these games are huge and my next upgrade I may uninstall them before backup to keep it smaller and then reinstall after.
    have you backup apps only and the others one media & settings? or manually modified backup files then packing with 7zip
    09-23-13 10:09 AM
    have you backup apps only and the others one media & settings? or manually modified backup files then packing with 7zip
    No I just back up everything in one shot. So next one I will remove the large programs and then backup.
    09-23-13 10:32 AM
3,553 ... 3031323334 ...