05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Works fine with Win7 x64 here. Tons of people use it on that platform.
    I tried on 2 machines, the old one doesn't work, keep searching for USB device. I setup another machine from scratch, install BB Link and can use connect to the phone. But another problem raises, when I tried to use Backup to restore a previous backup from BB Link, it said "Could not open backup file". I also tried to use Sachesi to create a backup and restore that one, it also said "Could not open backup file". Do you know how to deal with it? I tried to simplify the backup file name, didn't work for me

My backup is 4.5 GB, and on NTFS. Both BB Link and Sachesi cannot restore. Is there anyway I can split the backup and just get the Settings only? I just want to get Settings back.
    Last edited by kinghai; 08-30-13 at 04:45 AM.
    08-30-13 04:07 AM
    For those having connection issues, please state whether or not you've installed the latest version of BB Link. I'm about to go back a version, in Link, because usb recognition isn't happening, unless I restart the phone.
    08-30-13 08:39 AM
    For those having connection issues, please state whether or not you've installed the latest version of BB Link. I'm about to go back a version, in Link, because usb recognition isn't happening, unless I restart the phone.

FWIW:

Had Link 1.1.1.32 installed, Sachesi stuck on "Searching for USB device".

Installed Link 1.1.1.41, verified Link communicates w/ device, same problem w/ Sachesi.

I think there may be an issue about some mismatched MS Visual C dll's, sent some info to him just now.
    08-30-13 07:52 PM
    You were missing two DLLs.
    08-30-13 08:35 PM
    You were missing two DLLs.

Yeah I guess that's what I get for getting the pre-beta stuff.

Correct version downloaded with link in this thread is working fine now. Thanks.
    08-30-13 09:30 PM
    On Sachesi, does the Factory option revert the phone back to the OS that came with the phone, or do you have to reinstall an OS?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 08:04 AM
    On Sachesi, does the Factory option revert the phone back to the OS that came with the phone, or do you have to reinstall an OS?

Posted via CB10
    It would wipe the phone back to a clean state, while keeping the current OS intact. So you'd have to reinstall the factory OS from your carrier if you wanted to revert as this option won't do it for you.
    08-31-13 06:58 PM
    So I have a quick question (and I apologize if this has been covered in the past, but with this being such a large thread to dig through I figured that it would be easier to ask) -- how does one go about performing a full non-destructive upgrade using Sachesi after decompiling/splitting an autoloader?
    08-31-13 07:01 PM
    So I have a quick question (and I apologize if this has been covered in the past, but with this being such a large thread to dig through I figured that it would be easier to ask) -- how does one go about performing a full non-destructive upgrade using Sachesi after decompiling/splitting an autoloader?
    You can't use an autoloader for non-destructive loads.
    For a full non-destructive load you need an OS.bar + Radio.bar + all the app .bar's
    Autoloaders have had the signing component (.bar) removed.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:20 PM
    You can't use an autoloader for non-destructive loads.
    For a full non-destructive load you need an OS.bar + Radio.bar + all the app .bar's
    Autoloaders have had the signing component (.bar) removed.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, so let's say you have the OS .bar and Radio .bar files, and you've extracted the .signed files from each -- as I understand it, Sachesi can extract the app .bar's from the OS .bar, but how do you go about actually updating a device through Sachesi using all of these .bar's?

For the sake of argument, let's say that I have two files: the full OS .bar (qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.qc8960.factory_sfi.desktop) and the radio .bar (qnx.qcfm.radio.qc8960). I extract the apps from OS bar, and now wish to push the new OS version in its entirety to the device without losing user data -- am I correct in saying that I should be pushing the full OS .bar, the radio .bar, and the app .bar's? Because from what I've found, pushing the full OS .bar file and the radio will upgrade those two components but it doesn't seem to touch the apps.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
    08-31-13 11:05 PM
    Okay, so let's say you have the OS .bar and Radio .bar files, and you've extracted the .signed files from each -- as I understand it, Sachesi can extract the app .bar's from the OS .bar, but how do you go about actually updating a device through Sachesi using all of these .bar's?
    1. Remember to keep the OS in .bar form if you want to sideload it.
    2. Just drag a .bar on to the Install tab to install it. You can also click the 'Install' button.

For the sake of argument, let's say that I have two files: the full OS .bar (qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.qc8960.factory_sfi.desktop) and the radio .bar (qnx.qcfm.radio.qc8960). I extract the apps from OS bar, and now wish to push the new OS version in its entirety to the device without losing user data -- am I correct in saying that I should be pushing the full OS .bar, the radio .bar, and the app .bar's? Because from what I've found, pushing the full OS .bar file and the radio will upgrade those two components but it doesn't seem to touch the apps.
    Yes, that is correct. Extract the apps from OS, then stick the apps + full/core os + radio .BAR files in to a folder (to make it easier). Then just drag the folder on to Sachesi when in Install tab.
    Done

This is exactly how OSes are installed on-device.
    08-31-13 11:08 PM
    So what is the difference between the Factory and Wipe options?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wipe deletes stuff. Factory only resets settings AFAIK. Haven't tested it myself.
    09-01-13 10:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    My question exactly. Is wipe like security wipe or like the old BBSAK wipe where there was nothing left on the device, including a complete removal of the OS.
    09-01-13 12:48 PM
    The wipe is a security wipe. I've done it before.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 01:42 PM
    OK, so a lot of work has gone in to this Beta 22. A lot of bug fixes but also the possibility of new bugs.
    MANY THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS SACHA, I USE THIS UTILITY ALL THE TIME NOW !!

Posted via CB10 using my STL100-3 ~ 10.2.0.1443 ~ AT&T
    09-01-13 04:40 PM
    Beta 23 is out.

Added a nice little feature for a lot of people that are concerned with 'software versions'. Basically, enter in the OS version and it'll tell you the software release version. It gets these values from Blackberry.
    Please don't bother spamming the server (today anyway). The latest release right now is seen in the below screenshot:
    09-01-13 10:45 PM
    First

Ahhhhhhhh, who has 1581? I thought 1443 was tops?
    09-01-13 10:55 PM
    Small update to make it easier to use:
    zocster likes this.
    09-01-13 11:21 PM
    Small update to make it easier to use:
    http://i.imgur.com/LEWCGQg.png
    Is it just me or does BB uses some sort of formula to determine Software Version number given an OS number?
    09-02-13 01:12 AM
    Is it just me or does BB uses some sort of formula to determine Software Version number given an OS number?
    There's no formula for SR number. It is just a combination of OS + Radio are assigned a release number if it's a successful build.
    Randomly, they jump from the 100s or 200s to the 1000s.

OS versions increase in multiples of 3 because it goes: OS, Radio, SDK.
    An OS+Radio combination isn't guaranteed a SR though.
    sbmd likes this.
    09-02-13 04:44 AM
    when wi-fi transfert support?
    09-02-13 07:40 AM
    when wi-fi transfert support?
    My method can only work over USB.

The wifi method requires developer mode and is already used by every other third-party app.
    09-02-13 07:45 AM
    Beta 23 is out.

Added a nice little feature for a lot of people that are concerned with 'software versions'. Basically, enter in the OS version and it'll tell you the software release version. It gets these values from Blackberry.
    Please don't bother spamming the server (today anyway). The latest release right now is seen in the below screenshot:
    Great addition xSacha !!

A few quick questions, going forward is it possible for me to upgrade to a newer version (non destructively) using your utility ?? I last upgraded to OS 10.2.0.1443 using the autoloader method !!

Lastly, has OS 1581 been released yet and available ??

Posted via CB10 using my handy dandy STL100-3 ~ 10.2.0.1443 ~ AT&T
    Last edited by gliveron; 09-02-13 at 09:49 AM.
    09-02-13 08:02 AM
    * Boot and Exploit tabs removed for Windows as no one was able to get these working on Windows anyway.
    Hi Sacha,

Thanks again for your great work. Concerning the removal of the boot and exploit options in Windows. Including the necessary drivers when you release sachesi is not an option???

Cheers
    09-02-13 08:33 AM
3,558 ... 2526272829 ...