05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Hi, I'm using your latest version on Win 7 to install some bars. I'm stuck on "Searching for USB device" and never resolves. I've already entered my password and nothing. Tried multiple UBS ports and nothing.

I'm running 10.2.0.1323.

Thanks.
    Which version of Sachesi are you running, I think I'm running beta 17 on Win 8. All appears to run well and confirm completed, but I want to confirm that the files actualy installed onto my device. I temporarily disable my Password during any OS update.

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4780
    08-19-13 02:35 PM
    Which version of Sachesi are you running, I think I'm running beta 17 on Win 8. All appears to run well and confirm completed, but I want to confirm that the files actualy installed onto my device. I temporarily disable my Password during any OS update.

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4780
    Beta 18.

I can't disable my password because I have an active sync account that pushed a policy to my device to force a lock code.
    08-19-13 02:39 PM
    That's a drag, fortunately | don't need a pushed policy password to reload my EAS account. I simply add my personal account password. How come you can't seem to load the files into the Installer. I simply bundled them into a new named folder, and then clicked on the Folder button and then pointed to the folder with the BAR files.
    08-19-13 03:09 PM
    Another quick question XSacha, I just downloaded the BAR files for latest leak 10.1.0.4828 and I think the files downloaded successfully onto my Z10. However I notice that my Settings>About>OS Version still shows 4780 !! ... Is that to be expected, or did it not download onto my Z10. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere...but I truly appreciate the help.
    That means the 4828 OS wasn't installed.
    Did you install the new OS or only apps?
    08-19-13 04:01 PM
    That's a drag, fortunately | don't need a pushed policy password to reload my EAS account. I simply add my personal account password. How come you can't seem to load the files into the Installer. I simply bundled them into a new named folder, and then clicked on the Folder button and then pointed to the folder with the BAR files.
    If the app would recognize the USB connection, I would be able to use the Installer. I used it last night at home on my Macbook and it worked. At work today, I borrowed a Win7 laptop and it wouldn't do it. When you go to the Install tab, you just see a spinning wheel with the message about usb devices.
    08-19-13 04:17 PM
    That means the 4828 OS wasn't installed.
    Did you install the new OS or only apps?
    Only the apps, sorry my mistake.

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4828
    08-19-13 05:51 PM
    If the app would recognize the USB connection, I would be able to use the Installer. I used it last night at home on my Macbook and it worked. At work today, I borrowed a Win7 laptop and it wouldn't do it. When you go to the Install tab, you just see a spinning wheel with the message about usb devices.
    Have you tried updating the USB driver? Works perfectly on my Win8 machine.

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4828
    08-19-13 05:53 PM
    Have you tried updating the USB driver? Works perfectly on my Win8 machine.

STL100-3 / 10.1.0.4828
    Not yet. I'm home now and loaded the bars on my Mac using Sachei.
    08-19-13 08:36 PM
    I created and installed winusb.inf for my dev alpha but I still get this:

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-desk.jpg

Higher res
    Last edited by Shantanu Gupta; 08-19-13 at 10:47 PM. Reason: ''
    08-19-13 10:40 PM
    Windows isn't giving the application access to it. It's a fairly annoying process on Windows.

I suggest using Linux or Mac where usb drivers are not required.
    08-19-13 10:48 PM
    Beta 19 is up.
    Fixes some extract bugs, a Windows 8 bug (to do with login) and some miscellaneous things.
    Has a new button in bottom left of Install tab to export Installed apps as a text file.
    faquick, Mecca EL, sbmd and 7 others like this.
    08-20-13 09:31 AM
    Hey xsacha,

i have installed via sachesi an update to .4200 on my Z10. After finished and 3 restarts i only have the old Information in Software Release. I thought something went wrong and build a Autoloader with sachesi. After wipe and autoloader the Software Information is now: No information available.
    Did something went wrong? I always use sachesi, but never with such a Problem. Its alwas fixed after reboot.

Thanks.
    08-21-13 07:31 AM
    Software Release should always be the old information. This is normal.
    Look only at the OS version and Radio version.
    Chriz likes this.
    08-21-13 07:39 AM
    Beta 20 is out. Mostly cosmetic changes.
    Mecca EL, sbmd, 69goat and 1 others like this.
    08-21-13 08:50 AM
    Search
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sachesi_b20_search.png

Extract or create autoloader
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sachesi_b20_extract.png
    tetonica likes this.
    08-21-13 09:53 AM
    Hey Sacha, firstly a big merci for your wonderfull tool.
    A question please. I'm trying to see which version my carrier pulled lastly (Orange France) to see which Radio version they used...
    But when I try there what I got (Did I miss something?):
    Attached Thumbnails Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-screenshoot.jpg  
    08-21-13 10:17 AM
    IMHO seems like LOTS of questions here about this app. Do you have any plans to make it more user friendly?
    08-21-13 10:23 AM
    I have a question. I just need to confirm is all. If an update appears when I do a search for my country and carrier and I have yet to receive it OTA, what does it mean? Does it mean it is in my carrier's servers but they haven't/don't want to push it out? Or does it mean that BlackBerry supposedly gave them the update to push out but they may have not received it? I'm asking because the update that shows is the 10.1 MR but my carrier (StarHub Singapore) has yet to push it out. Can anyone help me with this question? Thanks
    08-21-13 10:40 AM
    IMHO seems like LOTS of questions here about this app. Do you have any plans to make it more user friendly?
    There are 570 posts, many of them chock full of information. If folks start from the beginning, it is all quite clear. The LOTS of questions come from people NOT doing that. It is a common problem around these parts.
    Mecca EL, sbmd and kfroese like this.
    08-21-13 10:45 AM
    Unfortunately, desktop clients like Sachesi and DBBTool are not designed for the friendly user. This tool is for the user Experienced. Anyone interested in desktop tools for their OS10 device MUST take the time to acquaint themselves with not only the jargon, but with the knowledge.

It's fine to ask questions here, and xSacha provides awesome support. But looking for shortcuts and faster ways to do what "everyone else" is doing, is not what delving into your device and this tool is about.
    sbmd and kfroese like this.
    08-21-13 11:01 AM
    I have only had my Z10 for a couple weeks, so I am new to this tool and Darcy's. So far both of them seem pretty easy to use.
    08-21-13 12:20 PM
    There are 570 posts, many of them chock full of information. If folks start from the beginning, it is all quite clear. The LOTS of questions come from people NOT doing that. It is a common problem around these parts.
    That is exactly my point. There is so much info here it is information overload and my apologies if I don't have time to babysit threads on forums. The program itself should be more verbose. Like the information from the WikiPedia Link with all the carrier and country info, that link should be in the program. Better yet hard code those values in, the program doesn't even tell you to check your phone settings for the model #.

Also some of this information may become outdated in updates, which may cause problems for people on newer versions depending on how the application changes.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-21-13 12:26 PM
    Unfortunately, desktop clients like Sachesi and DBBTool are not designed for the friendly user. This tool is for the user Experienced. Anyone interested in desktop tools for their OS10 device MUST take the time to acquaint themselves with not only the jargon, but with the knowledge.

It's fine to ask questions here, and xSacha provides awesome support. But looking for shortcuts and faster ways to do what "everyone else" is doing, is not what delving into your device and this tool is about.
    Oddly enough the SACHUP tool was pretty easy to use. I used it before and updated my phone, was a little bit of work.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-21-13 12:27 PM
    Oddly enough the SACHUP tool was pretty easy to use. I used it before and updated my phone, was a little bit of work.
    I think if you stick to the simple interface, it's not too difficult to figure out.
    And there is always the wiki...
    Sachesi - BerryLeaks Wiki
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-21-13 03:24 PM
    Like the information from the WikiPedia Link with all the carrier and country info, that link should be in the program.
    I might be misreading this, but have you tried clicking the ? button?

Posted via CB10
    mopar_fxr and Mecca EL like this.
    08-21-13 04:56 PM
3,558 ... 2122232425 ...