05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Well I was worried about the Radio files not going along with AT&T network or VVM and AT&T Address Book not working if I do it OTA with the Rogers SIM. Or does that not really matter?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 04:15 PM
    Well I was worried about the Radio files not going along with AT&T network or VVM and AT&T Address Book not working if I do it OTA with the Rogers SIM. Or does that not really matter?

Posted via CB10
    They're both STL100-3 carriers, so the radio files will work. Any AT&T-specific items would get pushed to your phone after checking for software updates post-.4181, I believe.
    07-29-13 04:24 PM
    They're both STL100-3 carriers, so the radio files will work. Any AT&T-specific items would get pushed to your phone after checking for software updates post-.4181, I believe.
    Cool, thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 04:43 PM

Is there any error when it fails?
    Nope. Z10 just reboots.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 04:48 PM
    Nope. Z10 just reboots.

Posted via CB10
    Any other info about the restore file? Filesize? OS it was made on, OS you are currently on?
    07-29-13 08:41 PM
    Beta 9 is out which allows talking to the bootrom and bootloader.
    On Linux, this requires root (so, sudo) or special udev rules.
    On Windows, this requires WinUSB.
    sbmd likes this.
    07-30-13 06:23 AM
    What is WinUSB?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 07:39 AM
    What is WinUSB?

Posted via CB10
    I believe it's this:
    WinUSB version 1.9 update for Windows XP, for Windows Vista, and for Windows Server 2008
    07-30-13 09:03 AM
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna have to check if I have this KB installed already since it's dated 2011. There is a good chance I already have that update.
    Unless it is something that doesn't usually come with regular updates.
    I'm gonna check when I go to lunch at noon.
    OTH, I wonder if this is Boot Rom thing is something that is beyond my "paygrade" and i should not mess with it. LOL

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:11 AM
    excuse me, what is change pin for? is it only GUI(client side) or my pin completely changed?
    07-30-13 11:08 AM
    Any other info about the restore file? Filesize? OS it was made on, OS you are currently on?
    I have 2 backup file one made on OS 10.1.0.4651 (settings only- 7.2MB) the other made on OS 10.2.0.484 (settings only- 6.2MB).

I'm now running os10.2.0.810 neither files restore. all that happens is the device reboots. I also realized the the information such as accounts (email,fb, twitter, and linkedin) get messed up after each fail attempt to restore. sometime just one email is removed other times fb an twitter, or everything. theres no predicting it.
    07-30-13 11:32 AM
    What kind of communication?
    07-30-13 01:12 PM
    Hi Xsacha, the awesome work continues rolling....

I'm testing Beta 10, after this bootrom magic, backup and install no longer ask for the device password.... I have some questions, when I select info, which seems to be the least harmless of all the options... I get a "connecting to bootrom" but nothing else...so what are these three options for? Also, will this take us on the road of being able to install .signed files instead of .bar files for a non destructive update via leak?
    07-30-13 01:21 PM
    excuse me, what is change pin for? is it only GUI(client side) or my pin completely changed?
    PIN would be completely changed (in NVRAM) so it would survive wipes and such.

I have 2 backup file one made on OS 10.1.0.4651 (settings only- 7.2MB) the other made on OS 10.2.0.484 (settings only- 6.2MB).

I'm now running os10.2.0.810 neither files restore. all that happens is the device reboots. I also realized the the information such as accounts (email,fb, twitter, and linkedin) get messed up after each fail attempt to restore. sometime just one email is removed other times fb an twitter, or everything. theres no predicting it.
    So basically what is happening is that Sachesi (and Link) attempt a restore using the data. Partially through the restore (usually 10%), the device sends a blank message and then disconnects from its client. It clears what it had just attempted to restore (usually accounts settings) and reboots.
    It's a bug in the firmware. I can't help with that sorry.
    Hopefully it is fixed in final 10.2.

I have some questions, when I select info, which seems to be the least harmless of all the options... I get a "connecting to bootrom" but nothing else...so what are these three options for? Also, will this take us on the road of being able to install .signed files instead of .bar files for a non destructive update via leak?
    OK. You need to reboot your device. When the device first starts booting, it will enter what is known as bootloader mode. During that brief window (about 2 seconds), Sachesi connects to the device and runs its magic.
    You will currently see in 'Detected devices' something like 'Blackberry USB'. During a reboot this should change to 'Blackberry bootloader'.
    Usually when you run CFP, it reboots the device for you so it can get to bootrom. I haven't added that yet.

Yes, this will allow loading .signed files. Not sure about it being non-destructive. If I have a choice, nice otherwise I think it has to wipe the partition. Certainly a debrick file will require wiping.
    07-30-13 05:52 PM
    In windows Rimboot tells me to run with system privileges, ie sudo. I wish Windows had sudo lol.
    Probably some problem with my setup. Will mess with it after the bar is over.
    07-30-13 08:06 PM
    In windows Rimboot tells me to run with system privileges, ie sudo. I wish Windows had sudo lol.
    Probably some problem with my setup. Will mess with it after the bar is over.
    Sorry, it's a generic message. Applies only to Linux.
    For Windows, it should read "You don't have the WinUSB driver installed."

I want a solution that works without installing a driver but it isn't cross-platform. That is, needs special code just for Windows which makes it hard to update.
    Last edited by xsacha; 07-30-13 at 10:42 PM.
    07-30-13 09:08 PM
    Please tutorial upgrade os using sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 03:36 AM
    Please tutorial upgrade os using sachesi?
    Just drag the upgrade files (or folder) on to the window when in the Install tab. Then it will upgrade the OS.
    Last edited by xsacha; 07-31-13 at 07:34 AM.
    Mattma43 likes this.
    07-31-13 03:59 AM
    Okee i'll try thanks Xsacha

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 06:36 AM
    By the way, Beta 10 for Mac OSX is out.
    And I have some good news. For Mac users, you don't need to run the app as root or install any special driver for the 'Boot' tab. Everything works under a normal user account.
    Maybe that's a security exploit on OSX but whatever, it suits the purposes of this app well.

That means OSX users will be able to have a complete CFP solution out-of-box.
    07-31-13 07:29 AM
    And I have some good news. For Mac users, you don't need to run the app as root or install any special driver for the 'Boot' tab. Everything works under a normal user account.
    Maybe that's a security exploit on OSX but whatever, it suits the purposes of this app well.

Yay! Can't wait to try. What's CFP?

AT&T STL100-3 10.1.0.4651
    07-31-13 08:20 AM
    do I need my debug token installed?
    I dont have one
    07-31-13 11:41 AM
    do I need my debug token installed?
    I dont have one
    No. Debug tokens arent used for this app whatsoever.
    07-31-13 01:27 PM
    Yay! Can't wait to try. What's CFP?

AT&T STL100-3 10.1.0.4651
    It is a command line tool.
    07-31-13 03:33 PM

Xsacha,
    Cursor on Mac is freezing for about 5-7 sec on beta 10 - can you check this, pls.?
    08-01-13 01:37 AM
3,558 ... 1415161718 ...