05-13-18 09:19 PM
3,558 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Regarding the setup bars, the script will still look for them, so not sure what happens if it doesn't find them...

My PlayBook? Very useful in the shower as a radio and notepad
    07-26-13 10:31 AM
    Hmmm.... I'm trying to double check, because I once used the debrick files and afaik I didn't loose anything of my info, but some of the BB configurations aren't showing what they should. IE if I wipe and use autoloader, the network options are 4G, 3G, 2G etc, with the sachesi/debrick method the network options are LTE; HSPA+, GSM... and that is weird. Seems licka a configuration file is wrong? Maybe one of those sys.data.* files?

Any way to compare the installed bars vs the upgrade bars/autoloader bars?

What would be great is to have a backup method that also backed up all the sideloaded apps too...

Cheers
    ok, I just did a bit of testing

The debrick file does NOT wipe your apps and settings at this time using Sachesi Beta 5, but it does completely ignore the upgraded apps in the debrick file so might as well just use the upgrade file. You'd need to load all the 'upgrade' bars for the apps anyway. That could explain the difference in the 4G/LTE that you were seeing if the OS was upgraded, but the supporting app files were not.

Tested from 10.1.0.2354 going to 10.1.0.4633 using qc8960.factory_sfi.desktop-10.1.0.4633-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar (1GB, not the 390MB upgrade file + the radio file of course). I still have all the 10.1.0.2354 apps installed (settings 10.1.0.525, browser 10.1.0.70, etc) but OS and radio are 4633/4634.

As for a backup method that gets sideloaded apps, that's entirely up to Blackberry to update their phone software to handle them.

I did find a small bug in deleting apps, after deleting a few apps my phone sometimes goes into a loop, it displays the dialog on the phone for a seconds, disappears for a second, repeat... restarting sachesi brings things back to normal then continue deleting apps until it happens again (this was on 10.2.0.8xx). This happens to me frequently.

Time to go back to 10.2 for me
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 07-26-13 at 11:13 AM.
    07-26-13 10:52 AM
    Connection is working now.
    Trying to delete an app gives the spinner and starts the Software Loading popup on the Z10.
    But the apps don't delete. Correction: some don't delete. Weather doesn't at least. I think apps that were already deleteable got deleted... Neither did the wallpapers.
    07-26-13 11:45 AM
    I want to extract the browser bar from the latest Q10 4687 leak. I have the .exe file but when I press the "Extract Apps" button it doesn't allow me to select the exe file. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:

Nevermind, "Autoloader Tools" "Split" button firstly.

Cool stuff. Thanks. Worked fine on my Mac running the latest OS.
    Last edited by stardomains; 07-26-13 at 06:10 PM.
    07-26-13 05:26 PM
    I have a few stupid questions: Which of the exe files am I supposed to use? The one in the win folder or the standalone one?
    There doesn't seem to be a difference.
    I sucessfully sideloaded F1Lt but when I click on Apps in the installer section, Sachesi freezes and my XP says that it isn't responding after listing apps until the box is full. When I just click on one of them it freezes and I cannot scroll down. How long does it take to list all the apps on the Z10?
    There is no progress bar, so I don't know if it's still busy or done.
    07-26-13 07:08 PM
    Beta 5 seems buggy especially with listing apps and backup stuff.
    07-26-13 07:39 PM
    I haven't tried it that much with listing apps, but the latest beta don't seem to want to connect with my device as easily. First time I tried it to do a backup I had to restart my phone to get it to connect.
    07-26-13 07:59 PM
    I could not connect my Q10 using the latest Beta 5 while the Beta 3 can connect. It keeps telling me that the password is incorrect that there is problem

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 09:03 PM
    ok, I just did a bit of testing
    Thank you for your clarifications....
    07-26-13 09:24 PM
    any plans to update the mac version?
    07-27-13 08:41 AM
    I have a few stupid questions: Which of the exe files am I supposed to use? The one in the win folder or the standalone one?
    There doesn't seem to be a difference.
    They are the same. The one in the main folder is for convenience only.
    I sucessfully sideloaded F1Lt but when I click on Apps in the installer section, Sachesi freezes and my XP says that it isn't responding after listing apps until the box is full. When I just click on one of them it freezes and I cannot scroll down. How long does it take to list all the apps on the Z10?
    There is no progress bar, so I don't know if it's still busy or done.
    Listing apps should be instant but I haven't done extensive testing on it. Will work on this more after the weekend when I get back.
    07-27-13 09:06 AM
    I mean I have a XP still, but my PC is well maintained and updated and tweaked without any bloatware. Has 4GB of RAM and a dual core processor. It is usually very fast with anything you throw at it.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:16 AM
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-cccuntitled.jpg

Can anyone here download this? or anyone here has 10.2 running on there STL 100-1 and can extract it and upload for download thanks
    07-27-13 06:02 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cccUntitled.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	186526

Can anyone here download this? or anyone here has 10.2 running on there STL 100-1 and can extract it and upload for download thanks
    Unless we have someone that works at BBRY and/or has 1337 hacking skillz and can get into their network, I really doubt that anyone here can just snatch this off Sachesi.
    07-27-13 06:16 PM
    Hey everyone, just wanted to ask. Can I update my z10 to 10.2.0.483 from 10.1.0.4651 without restoring. Can I do this with sachesi? If so, how?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 06:39 PM
    Hey everyone, just wanted to ask. Can I update my z10 to 10.2.0.483 from 10.1.0.4651 without restoring. Can I do this with sachesi? If so, how?

Posted via CB10
    Without restoring? Sure. Without backup, then no.
    07-27-13 06:48 PM
    Without restoring? Sure. Without backup, then no.
    What do you mean

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 06:58 PM
    Trying to change m pin but no luck asking me no cookie named wipe ???!!!

What should i try ? Please someone help me how to change the pin and thanks again
    07-27-13 07:03 PM
    You can only do an upgrade without losing your settings and data if the target OS you want is an official release. All upgrades to leaks will result in your device being wiped clean. If it's official, then you download all the bar files in sachesi upgrade mode and install them.

If you're OK with losing your data and setting up everything over again then yes you can do it without a restore, but I don't think that's what you meant.

Many of the frequent upgrades here don't bother with backups.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 07:09 PM
    You can only do an upgrade without losing your settings and data if the target OS you want is an official release. All upgrades to leaks will result in your device being wiped clean. If it's official, then you download all the bar files in sachesi upgrade mode and install them.

If you're OK with losing your data and setting up everything over again then yes you can do it without a restore, but I don't think that's what you meant.

Many of the frequent upgrades here don't bother with backups.
    Thank you. I don't mind as I do that a lot but I'm on vacation. So I'll wait till I get back and hopefully by then, the new 10.2 leak with a working radio is ready.

Thank you anyways

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 07:49 PM
    Am I right to notice that this app is written in Qt?
    If so, why not make it a mobile app.
    I'm available to help if sources are provided.
    It would provide a way to sideload BARs directly from phone.
    07-28-13 09:20 AM
    Am I right to notice that this app is written in Qt?
    If so, why not make it a mobile app.
    I'm available to help if sources are provided.
    It would provide a way to sideload BARs directly from phone.
    On the first page of the thread it does state an BB10 application is be developed. xsacha has also mentioned the development in the thread.
    07-28-13 10:07 AM
    What do you mean

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    You can very well update without restoring. Run the .483/.340 autoloader in the B@stard thread (or the 10.2.0.810 loader that just came out), set it up, do a security wipe, then set it up again.

However, since no carrier in the world has 10.2 out, then you can't non-destructively load 10.2 with Sachesi. Autoloaders only.
    07-28-13 01:19 PM
    Been a while since I used this method, but the debrick OS file will likely still wipe your phone since they re-write the filesystem inode table. The debrick Radio file is the same as the upgrade radio file, so that one doesn't matter. The debrick OS file contains all the apps that are shown in the upgrade mode so if you did send the debrick OS file you wouldn't need any of the others.

If you want to save your data, use the upgrade files, that's what they're there for.

If in doubt, do a backup. In fact just do a backup just in case. You can't go wrong with extra backups.
    No it won't. Sachesi'ing the debrick files has been non-destructive for me. It may trash someone, but I've used it repeatedly.
    07-28-13 03:33 PM
    No it won't. Sachesi'ing the debrick files has been non-destructive for me. It may trash someone, but I've used it repeatedly.
    And if you'd bothered to read a few posts further you would have seen that I tested it and found the reason why it wasn't destructive is because it was ignoring the user file system (the part with the updated apps and all your settings). The user file system is basically the only difference between the debrick and upgrade bars.

So to recap, in my testing using the debrick bars through sachesi did not wipe the phone, but also did not do the 'complete' upgrade you may expect from a debrick file.

Please, try it yourself and see if the various apps upgrade for you, not just the OS version. The two times I tested the apps never changed. If it's a minor upgrade like 4537 to 4633 that wouldn't make much of a difference, but try going from something like 1720 to 4633 and you will notice.
    07-28-13 04:43 PM
3,558 ... 1213141516 ...