omega supreme : I am very sorry to hear about your PC crashing. I do not think it had to with the link I sent you, but still sorry if it did. I did not have to download any C++ files, that method is for sachesi I think.
    If you read the post/link [from post 1] then you will see that this method is NOT using sachesi.
    It has a link to download a file and then follow the instructions in the post. I got lucky, I'm a newbie, I got my z10 around 2 weeks ago, but the post instructions and linked file worked fine for me. I am now running 10.3.2.2639 on my z 10 STL 100-4.
    I do not really know the 'benefits' of the new OS other than what I have read in the forum/online, since I installed the new OS 1 day after buying the phone.
    I wish you luck in updating the OS, just remember that its a luck thing with leaked files, be careful.

Peace
    09-16-15 07:46 AM
    omega supreme : I am very sorry to hear about your PC crashing. I do not think it had to with the link I sent you, but still sorry if it did. I did not have to download any C++ files, that method is for sachesi I think.
    If you read the post/link [from post 1] then you will see that this method is NOT using sachesi.
    It has a link to download a file and then follow the instructions in the post. I got lucky, I'm a newbie, I got my z10 around 2 weeks ago, but the post instructions and linked file worked fine for me. I am now running 10.3.2.2639 on my z 10 STL 100-4.
    I do not really know the 'benefits' of the new OS other than what I have read in the forum/online, since I installed the new OS 1 day after buying the phone.
    I wish you luck in updating the OS, just remember that its a luck thing with leaked files, be careful.

Peace
    My mistake, i originally confused your link with the one Tollfeeder provided since i clicked on both looking for a viable solution at the time...
    Interesting, the link you provided took me to page 35 or something but now i clicked on your same link and it takes me to page 50...usually when people provide links it normally lands where you want them to. But in this case it lands on random pages it seems. i didn't know i was supposed to go to page 1 for the actual link... needless to say, i checked that 1st page and i'm still confused since it provides core and radio files for my z10 so I'm not sure which one i'm supposed to use.

As for the c++ files, i was having the same problem as jdelvalle at the beginning of this page and someone provided a link to fix it which worked for them but not for me since my pc went bonkers right after.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by omega supreme; 09-16-15 at 05:57 PM.
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-16-15 05:21 PM
    so i have a weird problem. i got win10 on my work pc, and it 2.0.0, .1, .2 won't run.. it opens, but it just stays minimized... ??? see screens attached.

any ideas??

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sachesi1.png

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sachesi2.png
    09-17-15 08:26 AM
    I can't get it to work either. Keeps telling me download failed. Deleted and downloaded several times.
    09-21-15 07:06 PM
    This application failed to start because it could not find or load Qt platform plugin "Windows" Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
    09-21-15 07:10 PM
    This application failed to start because it could not find or load Qt platform plugin "Windows" Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
    Sachesi runs without install.... what do you mean reinstall?

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    09-22-15 06:14 PM
    No idea. That's the error message I get.

Posted via CB10
    ikalinin likes this.
    09-22-15 11:36 PM
    This was a Sachesi error message. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:11 AM
    Windows 10 has been such a recurring disappointment.
    10-03-15 02:00 PM
    Hi,

I used the latest version of Sachesi to create backup for my Z10 and then tried to load the newest OS which it could not (but that is not the real issue here). Then I used an autoloader which worked. However, I need to restore backup now but Sachesi is not being able to do that - says it is not capable of handling the file. And, of course, Link will not handle it either. Tried extracting with various software available on the Net but each returns an error message.

My question is: is it possible to repair the backup and restore it via Sachesi in case it is corrupt?
    Thanks. And thanks also for all the good work - notwithstanding isolated instances like mine, Sachesi is a wonderful software.

Edit: I am on Windows 10 pro - Link and Blend work flawlessly and apart from the battery drain and false battery reading and unexpected reboots or phone going dead, I haven't faced any other major problem with my phone. Thanks.
    Last edited by kapush; 10-05-15 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Included Windows Operating System info
    10-05-15 06:50 AM
    Anybody have experience with Sachesi and GNU/Linux? In particular, SuSE 13.2?

When I run Sachesi, I get this error in the shell:

"Sachesi: /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by Sachesi)"

There are mixed info about this on the net. Under YaST2, I see libcrypto 30 and libcrypto 34 packages and I've installed both without success. (Yes, they both exist at the same time.)

The file exists:

-r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 2224592 Jun 17 06:37 /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0*

I'm going to guess that there's a version number missing in the lib, but things should be okay?

I also have the "These tools require a USB connection" message in Sachesi with the spinning busy wheel. However, I do see "Detected 1 Blackberry USB device(s) in Windows mode.", which is correct. It also says "Talking to 2 possible device(s).", if that matters.

In the shell executing Sachesi, I see:

"Communication Error: 4 (Socket operation timed out) from 169.254.4.125"

The network manager sees the device as:

IPv4 169.254.4.126

Is that enough clues?

I've done general Google searches and have yet to find a solution.

Thanks!
    10-07-15 03:00 AM
    @ libcrypto error

Google says that whatever version of the library was used to create the Linux binary is newer than that which is installed on your machine.

Have you tried manually compiling?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 01:15 PM
    @ libcrypto error

Google says that whatever version of the library was used to create the Linux binary is newer than that which is installed on your machine.

Have you tried manually compiling?
    Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Yes, I found that post too, but I also saw something that said it's "supposed to be" statically linked.

I haven't tried manually compiling. I was hoping that it wasn't going to be a science project, which it has already begun to resemble with the installation of two libcrypto packages and lots of searches. I do have a Macbook Air and Windows 7 in VirtualBox at my disposal, but I was hoping to finally use GNU/Linux for update/upgrade purposes (without much hassle).
    10-07-15 03:04 PM
    I'm such a newbie to using Sachesi. It took me forever to figure out how to get my backup file to restore lol.
    Last edited by Nephthys; 10-08-15 at 08:46 AM.
    10-08-15 06:02 AM
    10-08-15 11:47 AM
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

Check out new version 2.0.3
    No .exe file - I can't install on Windows 10
    10-08-15 12:20 PM
    Be patient. The various versions are coming up one at a time.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-08-15 03:39 PM
    Sachesi 2.0.2 work well for me on Windows 10.
    10-08-15 03:42 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Yes, I found that post too, but I also saw something that said it's "supposed to be" statically linked.

I haven't tried manually compiling. I was hoping that it wasn't going to be a science project, which it has already begun to resemble with the installation of two libcrypto packages and lots of searches. I do have a Macbook Air and Windows 7 in VirtualBox at my disposal, but I was hoping to finally use GNU/Linux for update/upgrade purposes (without much hassle).
    I made a small attempt at compiling but Qt5 development libs weren't installed on my machine (Qt4 was). I went the pragmatic route and grabbed the OSX version of Sachesi 2.0.3 to do the install. I have a Z10, Q10 and Z30. So far, I've only updated the Z10. Wi-Fi Calling with T-Mobile USA works, though it required toggling wi-fi after toggling the Wi-Fi Calling app. Another big win for me is Bluetooth LE, which allows me to use my fitness band, the Razer Nabu X (I was using it with the Z30 before because the Z30 was already on 10.3.2.x).

I didn't have any major settling down period, maybe a couple of hours, at least that's what the Device Monitor shows. Also, so far, no reboots.
    10-10-15 03:26 PM
    I need a little help here... i finally got sachesi working except when i was about to do the install i got an error saying the radio file is not the right one for my device. It's close except for the last 3 digits. I entered all the information correctly in the search tab. I'm in the U.S. on tmobile with a z10... the only option it gave me was for stl-2/3/4 so that's what i chose...it gave me the option to ignore the error but i cancelled the install hoping someone can steer me in the right direction in here.

Is that radio file really necessary? If so how would i obtain it and install it to finish the complete install?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 03:48 PM
    I need a little help here... i finally got sachesi working except when i was about to do the install i got an error saying the radio file is not the right one for my device. It's close except for the last 3 digits. I entered all the information correctly in the search tab. I'm in the U.S. on tmobile with a z10... the only option it gave me was for stl-2/3/4 so that's what i chose...it gave me the option to ignore the error but i cancelled the install hoping someone can steer me in the right direction in here.

Is that radio file really necessary? If so how would i obtain it and install it to finish the complete install?
    Look up the 10.3.2.2789 thread. The first post has links to the Debrick, Core OS and Radio files for a Z10 STL100-3, which is what I just updated with without issue.

1. download all three files
    2. use Sachesi to Extract the apps from the file that has "desktop" in its name. It's also the biggest file. This requires two steps, the last two steps on the page. The first creates another file. The second step takes that file and creates a folder full of apps.
    3. drop the Core OS and Radio files into that folder full of apps
    4. use Sachesi to Install that folder

EDIT: 10.3.2.2789 is the latest OS that will allow Wi-Fi Calling; otherwise, you're looking at using T-Mobile's last release 10.2.1.x. Battery drain when idle is super low now, almost flat. For a Z10, that's huge!
    Last edited by cbvinh; 10-10-15 at 05:21 PM.
    omega supreme likes this.
    10-10-15 04:50 PM
    Look up the 10.3.2.2789 thread. The first post has links to the Debrick, Core OS and Radio files for a Z10 STL100-3, which is what I just updated with without issue.

2. use Sachesi to Extract the apps from the file that has "desktop" in its name. It's also the biggest file. This requires two steps, the last two steps on the page. The first creates another file. The second step takes that file and creates a folder full of apps.

EDIT: 10.3.2.2789 is the latest OS that will allow Wi-Fi Calling; otherwise, you're looking at using T-Mobile's last release 10.2.1.x. Battery drain when idle is super low now, almost flat. For a Z10, that's huge!
    I'll try that. I guess i can do away with 2.2639 file i previously downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:00 PM

Ok so did everything you said and everything seemed to go smoothly until during the installation the update got stuck at 2% while "sending smartags"... took about 5hrs until it just stayed there with no movement. the progress bar on the phone was at 90%.
    It did give me several warnings on the z10 saying "device memory was low, consider deleting or moving storage."...

I'm guessing this is why it stopped installing. I had 14.5g of 16g used...eventhough i started with about 13g so something was installed but i don't know what since the phone appears unaffected and still with 10.2... it did not reset or anything, just seemed to have disconnected all the while the installation on sachesi remained at 2% with the "sending smartags indication...i would have thought that if it was indeed lack of storage that sachesi would have stopped and indicated that it could not proceed because of storage.

Was i supposed to clear the phone of all the apps before installing? I thought 10.3 would replace whatever apps i had with updated apps. Approximately how much room should i have?... i already deleted some games i don't play but that barely made a dent. Right now i'm sitting with 14.5 of 16g after the start of the update.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 01:48 PM
    Ok so did everything you said and everything seemed to go smoothly until during the installation the update got stuck at 2% while "sending smartags"... took about 5hrs until it just stayed there with no movement. the progress bar on the phone was at 90%.
    It did give me several warnings on the z10 saying "device memory was low, consider deleting or moving storage."...

I'm guessing this is why it stopped installing. I had 14.5g of 16g used...eventhough i started with about 13g so something was installed but i don't know what since the phone appears unaffected and still with 10.2... it did not reset or anything, just seemed to have disconnected all the while the installation on sachesi remained at 2% with the "sending smartags indication...i would have thought that if it was indeed lack of storage that sachesi would have stopped and indicated that it could not proceed because of storage.

Was i supposed to clear the phone of all the apps before installing? I thought 10.3 would replace whatever apps i had with updated apps. Approximately how much room should i have?... i already deleted some games i don't play but that barely made a dent. Right now i'm sitting with 14.5 of 16g after the start of the update.

Posted via CB10
    You should always keep at least 3GB free on your device at all times. You need as much as 5GB free when updating non-destructively.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-12-15 02:51 PM
    it did not reset or anything, just seemed to have disconnected all the while the installation on sachesi remained at 2% with the "sending smartags indication...i would have thought that if it was indeed lack of storage that sachesi would have stopped and indicated that it could not proceed because of storage.

Posted via CB10
    Sachesi is meant to check you have enough storage to complete the install prior to installing. That check must have failed?
    I don't check anything during the install because there is no response given from the device as far as I know(?) when such an issue occurs. I suppose I could monitor storage capacity but ideally the check should work before you install anything so it doesn't waste your time.
    10-13-15 08:54 AM
3,576 ... 134135136137138 ...