02-09-18 12:39 AM
3,553 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    That is good to know. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 05:28 PM
    Well this method is the same as if you received an update notification on your phone.
    Exactly, and you're a genius for having figured all this out for the rest of us. This method hasn't been mentioned much lately because it's only for official OS releases (or at least those that Blackberry publishes whether or not a carrier has approved it or not) and that's usually slightly older OS than what's been leaked, but it's still useful for anyone who doesn't want to wipe their phone and risk the backup/restore process.

And of course this is the only method to upgrade other than OTA for people who don't have a Windows PC or access to one to run the autoloaders.

The Delta upgrades were a great find by the way, once you have the URL for one it's easy to figure out the rest of the versions as long as you know which versions were official (4633, 4537, 2420, 2354, 2342, 2121, 2074, 2062, 2050, and a few more, including 1720 which is still the Rogers official version).
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    07-25-13 05:29 PM
    Hi xsacha, all

I seem to be unable to complete the upgrade from OS10.1.0.2354 to OS10.1.0.4160 on my STL100-1 using the Sachesi tool. I've followed the steps outlined below using both the Upgrade and Debrick search:

1. Download all the OS files using the Download All button in the 'Searcher' tab. Parameters: Country code 338 (Jamaica), Carrier 180, Variant STL100-1, Mode Upgrade (also tried debrick separately and saved files in a separate folder)
    2. Backup using BB link
    3. Close BB Link (also 'killed' the link processes in Windows task manager after first attempt to upgrade failed and retried)
    4. Drag and drop the full directory containing the downloaded OS files onto the Installer tab.
    5. Let the Installer process run its course. All files transfer to the phone successfully. At this point the process seems just to stop.

No error messages appear but the phone does not reboot. After a manual restart the OS version remains unchanged. I've included a couple of key screenshots from my second attempt using the Debrick download.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sachesi-screenshot-1.png   Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sachesi-screenshot-2.png  
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    07-25-13 05:30 PM
    Hi xsacha, all

I seem to be unable to complete the upgrade from OS10.1.0.2354 to OS10.1.0.4160 on my STL100-1 using the Sachesi tool. I've followed the steps outlined below using both the Upgrade and Debrick search:

1. Download all the OS files using the Download All button in the 'Searcher' tab. Parameters: Country code 338 (Jamaica), Carrier 180, Variant STL100-1, Mode Upgrade (also tried debrick separately and saved files in a separate folder)
    2. Backup using BB link
    3. Close BB Link (also 'killed' the link processes in Windows task manager after first attempt to upgrade failed and retried)
    4. Drag and drop the full directory containing the downloaded OS files onto the Installer tab.
    5. Let the Installer process run its course. All files transfer to the phone successfully. At this point the process seems just to stop.

No error messages appear but the phone does not reboot. After a manual restart the OS version remains unchanged. I've included a couple of key screenshots from my second attempt using the Debrick download.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    I have the same exact issue... And it killed the functionality of my phone.. So reloaded now :|
    07-25-13 06:21 PM
    Strange. Never seen this before.
    This was with those delta upgrades right?

This method hasn't been mentioned much lately because it's only for official OS releases (or at least those that Blackberry publishes whether or not a carrier has approved it or not) and that's usually slightly older OS than what's been leaked, but it's still useful for anyone who doesn't want to wipe their phone and risk the backup/restore process.
    It's also the only way to sideload sys.data.* apps which can be useful.
    Last edited by xsacha; 07-25-13 at 09:57 PM.
    07-25-13 09:44 PM
    OK. Beta 4 is up now.

I tried to fix a few glitches with sending multiple messages at the same time to the device which was causing issues. This is still a work in progress. Previously, backup options would never appear if you tried to list apps at the same time. So now I have a button for you to press to manually update backup options.
    It's basically a limitation of the firmware. I will try to workaround it by 'queuing' requests. It means I have to know for sure when something has gone wrong though (so I can skip that item).

Alright, now the juicy stuff.
    You can uninstall any application, OS, radio, sys.data*, you name it. Again, you don't need developer mode.
    07-26-13 12:21 AM
    OK. Beta 4 is up now.

I tried to fix a few glitches with sending multiple messages at the same time to the device which was causing issues. This is still a work in progress. Previously, backup options would never appear if you tried to list apps at the same time. So now I have a button for you to press to manually update backup options.

You can uninstall any application, OS, radio, sys.data*, you name it. Again, you don't need developer mode.
    Thnx and again you are awesome!!!!
    07-26-13 12:23 AM
    Xsacha, not sure what you mean with delta upgrades?

Phone remains fully functional after the process has completed as if nothing has happened.

I tried it again earlier. Phone goes through all the motions e.g. warning message on the screen that to remain connected via usb. When the file transfer status reaches 50% it switches from copying to installing. When it gets to 100% it the pop-up message on screen disappears but instead of rebooting, phone resumes normal operation

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:25 AM
    Xsacha, not sure what you mean with delta upgrades?
    I mean, which file did you install? What's the filename?
    07-26-13 12:46 AM
    OK. Beta 4 is up now.

It's basically a limitation of the firmware. I will try to workaround it by 'queuing' requests. It means I have to know for sure when something has gone wrong though (so I can skip that item).

Are there any negative side effects to removing the setup bars?
    Sator likes this.
    07-26-13 12:49 AM
    Are there any negative side effects to removing the setup bars?
    I haven't tested the effects of removing those bar files.
    07-26-13 12:52 AM
    I haven't tested the effects of removing those bar files.
    Meant to start that quote with "Thanks" lol

I wasn't sure if Leigh or anyone had already tested that or not.
    It's being a tad finicky about listing all installed apps, even when I press the refresh button :/ Trying a hard reset.
    07-26-13 12:57 AM
    It's being a tad finicky about listing all installed apps, even when I press the refresh button :/ Trying a hard reset.
    What do you mean? What happens?
    Shouldn't need a hard reset.
    07-26-13 12:59 AM
    What do you mean? What happens?
    Shouldn't need a hard reset.
    Just sits here, refresh doesn't seem to do anything:

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-untitled2.jpg

Also, small UI bug

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-untitled.jpg

Edit: couple reboots and turned PC connects/disconnects got the list to load.
    Edit2: lost connection and can't seem to get it back. PC reboot didn't help.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 07-26-13 at 01:32 AM.
    07-26-13 01:05 AM
    Just sits here, refresh doesn't seem to do anything:
    Might indicidate an auth issue.
    1) Does the device have a password set?
    2) Does the device have BBID set?
    3) Is the device set up (not first boot)?
    If not, it may not have authorisation to check app list.
    07-26-13 01:14 AM
    Might indicidate an auth issue.1) Does the device have a password set?2) Does the device have BBID set?3) Is the device set up (not first boot)?If not, it may not have authorisation to check app list.
    Password is set.
    BBID is set.
    Loaded Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4687 yesterday (since you guys aren't releasing that new full Z10 10.2 you have )
    Can load list via Chrome Extension without a problem.
    07-26-13 01:27 AM
    I mean, which file did you install? What's the filename?
    The files installed using the Debrick option were:

m5730-10.1.0.4538-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar
    winchester.factory_sfi.desktop-10.1.0.4537-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar

The only other variable I can think of is a BES installation. Could this block the update process?
    07-26-13 01:41 AM
    OK. Found it. It's a bug with Sachesi. When I was changing backup modes, I accidently changed update mode for 'success' status.

Will be fixed in beta 5. Sorry about that!
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    07-26-13 02:03 AM
    OK. Found it. It's a bug with Sachesi. When I was changing backup modes, I accidently changed update mode for 'success' status.Will be fixed in beta 5. Sorry about that!
    No need to apologize! This isn't like leaking OSes, this is actual deving, actual legit work and effort that's definitely beyond my skill.I and everyone here appreciate your selfless efforts.
    07-26-13 02:09 AM
    Beta 5 is out.

I tested installing OS and radio and it worked without an issue

Enjoy.
    zavar, jwarman and ArmedHitman like this.
    07-26-13 02:14 AM
    Awesome. Time to remove some junk
    07-26-13 03:01 AM
    Hmm... doing an update with sachesi using the 2 debrick files doesn't erase anything on the phone, right? Something doesn't get updated? The only way is to use all the update files?

Thanks!
    07-26-13 09:52 AM
    Hmm... doing an update with sachesi using the 2 debrick files doesn't erase anything on the phone, right? Something doesn't get updated? The only way is to use all the update files?

Thanks!
    Been a while since I used this method, but the debrick OS file will likely still wipe your phone since they re-write the filesystem inode table. The debrick Radio file is the same as the upgrade radio file, so that one doesn't matter. The debrick OS file contains all the apps that are shown in the upgrade mode so if you did send the debrick OS file you wouldn't need any of the others.

If you want to save your data, use the upgrade files, that's what they're there for.

If in doubt, do a backup. In fact just do a backup just in case. You can't go wrong with extra backups.
    07-26-13 10:02 AM
    Been a while since I used this method, but the debrick OS file will likely still wipe your phone since they re-write the filesystem inode table. The debrick Radio file is the same as the upgrade radio file, so that one doesn't matter. The debrick OS file contains all the apps that are shown in the upgrade mode so if you did send the debrick OS file you wouldn't need any of the others.

If you want to save your data, use the upgrade files, that's what they're there for.

If in doubt, do a backup. In fact just do a backup just in case. You can't go wrong with extra backups.
    Hmmm.... I'm trying to double check, because I once used the debrick files and afaik I didn't loose anything of my info, but some of the BB configurations aren't showing what they should. IE if I wipe and use autoloader, the network options are 4G, 3G, 2G etc, with the sachesi/debrick method the network options are LTE; HSPA+, GSM... and that is weird. Seems licka a configuration file is wrong? Maybe one of those sys.data.* files?

Any way to compare the installed bars vs the upgrade bars/autoloader bars?

What would be great is to have a backup method that also backed up all the sideloaded apps too...

Cheers
    07-26-13 10:15 AM
    Beta 5 is out.

I tested installing OS and radio and it worked without an issue

Enjoy.
    xsacha, you are awesome. Thank you for these great tools. Don't think I can thank you enough.
    07-26-13 10:25 AM
3,553 ... 1112131415 ...