I was on 10.3.1.938. Wanted to blitz to 1151.
    Sachesi did not connect; and neither did Link etc.,
    After much searching and browbeating, managed to get it connect.

I had to turn off both usb and only-charge in storage settings. This option is somewhat very misleading.
    After this, both Sachesi and link connected. Blend still had problems.
    I also had to install both blend and Link, not sure if this is required.(didnt connect intially before turning off usb as above).

Hope this helps. Do report back if this settings change helped.
    11-15-14 10:23 PM
    Can someone help me out?

First time trying to install a leaked OS. Have zero knowledge about it. Went with Sachesi (non-destructive). Current OS is 10.2.1

After following the steps outlined in a detailed yet simple guide from one of the earlier posts in the original thread, I arrived at the last step, which is install. However, when I clicked on the install folder and select the folder I want to install from, it shows me:

'Sachesi has determined you may not have enough free space on your device to continue this update.
    It is estimated that you would need 0.512GB but you only have 0GB. Please free up some space.'

I don't have an SD card installed but I've got over 9GB of space on my device. Fully backed up on Link as well.

Also, the moment I connect my device to my comp, Sachesi says 'error authorisation'. If that helps. Thank you.

I use a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 09:04 AM
    'Sachesi has determined you may not have enough free space on your device to continue this update.
    It is estimated that you would need 0.512GB but you only have 0GB. Please free up some space.'

I don't have an SD card installed but I've got over 9GB of space on my device. Fully backed up on Link as well.

Also, the moment I connect my device to my comp, Sachesi says 'error authorisation'. If that helps. Thank you.
    Because of the 'Error - authorisation', it is unable to detect how much free space you have on your device.
    It would also be unable to install anything.

Authorisation error usually means you haven't completed setup.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-16-14 09:10 AM
    What do I need to do now?
    11-16-14 10:24 AM
    My apologies if covered before, but I installed 10.3.1.1151 from 10.2.1.****(latest official AT&T. I forget the number) and I'm having trouble restoring the backup I made via Sachesi.

I started out by downloading the latest Sachesi, rebooted my Windows7 laptop and backed my Z10 STL100-3 via Sachesi.

I updated my device with an autoloader. 16 hours in and loving it.

Problem is I cannot reload the backup to my device. Link outright doesn't recognize the file as a valid backup (possibly due to a lack of proper HWID, I've discovered.) Sachesi won't reload the file either.

I noticed since the upgrade, while Sachesi returns values for the amount of data on my device, it doesn't give me the option to backup my device now, so it almost seems as though the issue is with my device or Sachesi and not my backup. I tried a new BlackBerry USB cable.

One question I have is what folder does Sachesi search for backups. I copied the one I made out and I want to make sure I get it back to the proper location. Also, is it possible to change this location post initial install?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 03:18 PM
    The option to backup your device is always available unless it shows an error below. Is there any error showing? It will advise you if you require a BBID or need to complete setup in order to perform backup/restore.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-16-14 07:35 PM
    I solved my problem.

After installing 10.3.1, I updated BlackBerry Link, which also installed Blend. In the installation process, my Windows firewall somehow was activated, and blocking USB access to my device.

Everything is great now, except my Remember items didn't come back after reloading my backing. I'm going to give it a day before freaking out....

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:52 AM
    I successfully loaded a backup with Sachesi today, first time I tried, using a backup created with BlackBerry Link.

BlackBerry Link has been crashing every time I hit the restore tab. Thankfully Xsacha's fine program worked perfectly.
    how do we restore using sachesi ?
    11-19-14 04:02 AM
    I am trying to restore a backup after reverting to factory OS on my Passport from Rogers which is 10.3.0.1418. When trying to backup/restore it states I need a BB ID.

I signed in to the same BB ID that I used previously on my device and within Link which is odd. Any suggestions?
    11-19-14 09:59 AM
    How would you download this for a mac....Am I missing something? it wont even open up for me
    11-19-14 10:00 PM
    I am trying to restore a backup after reverting to factory OS on my Passport from Rogers which is 10.3.0.1418. When trying to backup/restore it states I need a BB ID.

I signed in to the same BB ID that I used previously on my device and within Link which is odd. Any suggestions?
    Your device thinks it doesn't have a BBID set. :\
    There has been some bugs with this recently but I though it was isolated to 10.3.1.997. It sucks because the only solution is a security wipe.

How would you download this for a mac....Am I missing something? it wont even open up for me
    Not sure why it won't open. What version of OSX and is your mac 32-bit or 64-bit?

how do we restore using sachesi ?
    Click the options you want in the Backup tab and hit the restore button.
    11-19-14 10:23 PM
    10.6.8 and I have no idea if it's 32 or 64

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:10 PM
    10.6.8 and I have no idea if it's 32 or 64
    How old is the Mac?
    Is there a reason you are stuck on 10.6.8? I fear you may have a really old 32-bit one.
    11-20-14 12:06 AM
    I can't go to maverick or yosemite because it is a bit older ha. Is that what's stopping me?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 08:41 AM
    It's a Intel core 2 duo so it's a 64 bit

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 09:22 AM
    Fixed my device by removing my BB Protect and creating a new one. Now device enables and restore did work after that.
    11-20-14 10:01 AM
    Do the newer versions not run on WinXP (32bit)?

Seems the latest version I can run is 1.4. When I double click on the V2.0.0 (and 1.9.9) exe file, I get the standard security warning, click "run", then nothing happens. (yes, I verified clicking run.)
    ImWhySoSerious likes this.
    11-20-14 11:23 PM
    Do the newer versions not run on WinXP (32bit)?

Seems the latest version I can run is 1.4. When I double click on the V2.0.0 (and 1.9.9) exe file, I get the standard security warning, click "run", then nothing happens. (yes, I verified clicking run.)
    They work fine on Windows XP but you need Direct 3D drivers installed.
    audiodude likes this.
    11-21-14 01:19 AM
    Feature request
    Ability to load a list of files to delete in order to make it easy to shrink an OS
    11-25-14 10:15 AM
    Love this app and use it all the time. I like the addition of skipping old apps and was wondering if it would be possible to do something similar for language files where you could set your native language and all other files would be skipped.
    11-25-14 10:52 AM
    Feature request
    Ability to load a list of files to delete in order to make it easy to shrink an OS
    Not sure I understand. Load the list when? Like an uninstall list file instead of manually clicking on apps and right clicking to uninstall?

Love this app and use it all the time. I like the addition of skipping old apps and was wondering if it would be possible to do something similar for language files where you could set your native language and all other files would be skipped.
    Gets complicated for people who need several languages like some European and Asian countries.
    11-25-14 11:59 AM
    Not sure I understand. Load the list when? Like an uninstall list file instead of manually clicking on apps and right clicking to uninstall?.
    Wait, you can uninstall bars using sachesi?
    I did not know that.
    I'll try that when I get home
    Posted via Cb10
    11-25-14 03:05 PM
    Not sure I understand. Load the list when? Like an uninstall list file instead of manually clicking on apps and right clicking to uninstall?
    The list would be permanently available in Sachesi. It's a list of apps we don't want and that list could be updated by loading patches.

Some use cases:

• Use a Blitz and a Shrink to only upload the files you want during an upgrade, unless you're already not uploading files which are not present (can't rememeber)
    • Use a Shrink to get a leaner live OS. Get recipes from the forums, etc.
    • Combine shrinks in order to get the best OS which works for you. A full Shrink replaces the internal blacklist. A patch augments it (more complex to manage)
    • etc.

Also, Darcy came up with an interesting syntax for the blacklist
    Code:
    !sys.imf.eng
    sys.imf
    The exclamation mark means that you keep that specific file while getting rid of all the apps starting with sys.imf
    11-25-14 04:23 PM
    Same for me too. Can't figure a way to get it to connect. I even uninstalled BlackBerry Link and turn firewall off off to no avail. Running the 10.3.1 leak that came before this last one that dropped yesterday. And running the latest Mac OS X software.
    Same.... running 10.3.1 leak but now I can't connect Sachesi either... I am running Windows. HELP!!!!
    11-26-14 12:49 AM
    Weird issues with Sachesi on Arch Linux x86_64:
    Sachesi crashed when open

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-img_20141126_145107_hdr.jpg

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-26-14 01:59 AM
3,558 ... 117118119120121 ...