Hi sacha,

I have a couple of questions about BBW's sachesi:

- when an app description is shown, the price of the app is listed even if you already bought the app. Is it possible to change this behavior?

- what is the chance of including an option to buy an app from sachesi?

Keep up the awesome work...

Thanks
    TGD66

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 05:59 AM
    Install qt 5.3.2 from the following repo: https://launchpad.net/~beineri/+arch...untu/opt-qt532
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:beineri/opt-qt532
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install qt53-meta-full
    source /opt/qt53/bin/qt53-env.sh
    Thank you very much!!!

Worked like a charm!
    10-23-14 07:03 AM
    Hi.. I have same problem with "Cannot open:/pps/system/installer/radio/1".
    After upgrade .632 to .938 via sachesi 1.9.9 from OS + radio (Z10-STL100-2) .signed files and app in .bar files .. all was OK after a few restarts.
    Phone was still connectable .. but BBM not work.
    After security wipe - BBM works fine - but this error i got ..
    Doing some tests:
    - phone replaced again with autoloader - working for now, connected to BBLink and Sachesi. - DONE
    - after Security Wipe .. and some restarts for sureness .. all is ok, phone is connected to BBLink and Sachesi ..
    God to know, why this file was wiped before ..
    PS: I hate Autoloaders .. I don't use Windows more than 10 years ..
    Last edited by Kaacz; 10-23-14 at 10:56 AM.
    10-23-14 07:48 AM
    I have a couple of questions about BBW's sachesi:

- when an app description is shown, the price of the app is listed even if you already bought the app. Is it possible to change this behavior?

- what is the chance of including an option to buy an app from sachesi?

Keep up the awesome work...
    1. To see whether you have an app already installed or not, I would need to login to BBID using my own code with your password. This is because the 'bbid token' permission is restricted to Blackberry only. I do not feel that users would trust me with their BBID password so I would not add this feature.

2. If I enabled purchasing apps, it is possible that people could buy and download apps that do not work on their device. It may get very messy when an angry customer tries to get a refund for an app that the developer never supported on their device :P
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    10-23-14 08:25 AM
    Super useless thread and app, found a reminder on another thread so I thought I would add my own reminder to support those who help us:

From page 1 of this thread.
    Q. How do I support your work?
    A. You can donate to me on my website: http://qtness.com/donate.html
    10-23-14 10:17 AM
    Super useless thread and app, found a reminder on another thread so I thought I would add my own reminder to support those who help us:

From page 1 of this thread.
    Q. How do I support your work?
    A. You can donate to me on my website: http://qtness.com/donate.html
    You mean.. use..ful*?
    10-23-14 10:57 AM
    I've released an alpha version of Sachesi 2.0.
    It's not feature complete but there is actually a lot of bug-fixes over 1.9.9 so I thought it was important to get this out there.
    Rico131968 and nah.uhh like this.
    10-23-14 02:42 PM
    Building on Debian jessie:

$ sudo apt-get install qt5-default qt5-qmake libqt5network5 libqt5qml5 qtdeclarative5-dev qtquick1-5-dev libssl-dev qttools5-dev-tools libudev-dev libusb-1.0.0-dev qml-module-qt-labs-settings qml-module-qtquick*
    $ git clone https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi.git Sachesi
    $ cd Sachesi
    $ lupdate Sachesi.pro
    $ lrelease Sachesi.pro
    $ qmake
    $ make -j(# OF CPU THREADS)
    $ ./Sachesi
    10-23-14 04:05 PM
    Okay everyone, I've tried about everything I can think of to get Sachesi or Link to work so I'm throwing it out there for any suggestions. The Problem - I can't make a backup or load a "blitz" file to my STA100-3 Z30 (running 10.3.1.938) using Sachesi or Link. My system is a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1. The system recognizes my Z30 (no errors), Blackberry Device Manager will ask for my device password, Z30 "drives" get mapped into Windows Explorer, Sachesi recognizes that my Z30 is connected, but I try to make a backup and it will get nowhere, or start, but never complete. BlackBerry Link will start backup but also never complete, ends up throwing an error message.

Here's what I have tried:

1) Removed Blackberry Link and any Drivers associated with it
    2) Re-Installed BlackBerry Drivers by plugging Z30 into system and using prompts from device
    3) Put Z30 into Airplane Mode
    4) Putting Z30 USB into "Manual IP Address" Mode
    5) Turning off Anti-Virus
    6) Sachesi Versions 1.2.1, 1.9.9, 2.0

I know it's NOT a Sachesi or Link problem because I can load those onto a Windows 7 laptop and do everything (backup, Blitz upgrade) successfully (that's how I was able to run 10.3.1.938). It's something with this Surface Pro and/or Windows 8.1 but I cannot figure out what the problem is.

Any help would be most appreciated.

If there is a better place to post this, any moderator can feel free to move the post.

Thanks in advance!
    10-24-14 12:28 PM
    If you load up Sachesi 2.0 Alpha, it is fully loaded with all methods of error detection now. It will be able to detect if backup won't work because device isn't setup or BBID isn't set and so forth. It is also able to tell you if you have a policy restriction on your device.
    I know you have tried 2.0 already so that means you didn't get any message about setup or BBID or you would have noticed.
    However, what you may not have noticed is the 'Restrictions' label in the 'Device' tab. If you have a company phone, you should look here and make sure you are not being restricted from backup and installs!!!
    Also, if you do: please tell me what the output is because I have no idea what it looks like. After this, I'll be able to support it.

OK, so basically the "Backup Blind" method is failsafe. As long as it is sitting at "0%" and you don't have an enterprise phone, it is working! However, depending on how messed up your device is, 'working' could take a long time. I am wondering, how long have you waited so far? I have had a report from one person in a similar situation to you. Link threw an error message (due to timing out) and it took Sachesi about 30 minutes before it moved past 0%.

If Backup Blind isn't working it can mean only one of three things:
    1) Your device firmware has a bug in it which prevent backup sizes from correctly generating. Since you have issues with other communication as well (such as installs), I do not believe this is the issue.
    2) There is a USB communication issue. I've had one report of this before. Unexplained as of yet because it was fixed by changing computers.
    3) You have a BES Policy restriction as mentioned before. This is fairly common. This is the only 'realistic' explanation I can think of.
    10-24-14 01:35 PM
    If you load up Sachesi 2.0 Alpha, it is fully loaded with all methods of error detection now. It will be able to detect if backup won't work because device isn't setup or BBID isn't set and so forth. It is also able to tell you if you have a policy restriction on your device.
    I know you have tried 2.0 already so that means you didn't get any message about setup or BBID or you would have noticed.
    However, what you may not have noticed is the 'Restrictions' label in the 'Device' tab. If you have a company phone, you should look here and make sure you are not being restricted from backup and installs!!!
    Also, if you do: please tell me what the output is because I have no idea what it looks like. After this, I'll be able to support it.

OK, so basically the "Backup Blind" method is failsafe. As long as it is sitting at "0%" and you don't have an enterprise phone, it is working! However, depending on how messed up your device is, 'working' could take a long time. I am wondering, how long have you waited so far? I have had a report from one person in a similar situation to you. Link threw an error message (due to timing out) and it took Sachesi about 30 minutes before it moved past 0%.

If Backup Blind isn't working it can mean only one of three things:
    1) Your device firmware has a bug in it which prevent backup sizes from correctly generating. Since you have issues with other communication as well (such as installs), I do not believe this is the issue.
    2) There is a USB communication issue. I've had one report of this before. Unexplained as of yet because it was fixed by changing computers.
    3) You have a BES Policy restriction as mentioned before. This is fairly common. This is the only 'realistic' explanation I can think of.
    No Restrictions

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-device.jpg

Remember, this works fine if I try it on a Windows 7 system. I do think it is your suggestion #2 above that is happening. There is some kind of communication issue, I was hoping someone would have an idea as to a Windows 8.1 fix or (less likely) a Surface Pro 3 setting.

The only other thing that I can add that I remembered after the post. Sachesi doesn't show the sizes of the three catagories that can be backed up no matter what I do. I don't know if this adds anything to the troubleshooting.

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-sizes.jpg

As far as how long I have waited, 10 minutes is probably the longest and maybe that is not long enough.
    10-24-14 03:49 PM
    The only other thing that I can add that I remembered after the post. Sachesi doesn't show the sizes of the three catagories that can be backed up no matter what I do. I don't know if this adds anything to the troubleshooting.
    That's the reason why Link doesn't work at all. It tries to retrieve backup sizes first (which old Sachesi's did too, following Link). For some bizarre reason there's no way to check if the backup sizes is actually working, so this will time out when there's troubles.

As far as how long I have waited, 10 minutes is probably the longest and maybe that is not long enough.
    Might not be :\ Of course a proper working one shouldn't take that long. In this situation it might though.

Some people had reported issues with USB 3.0 and Blackberry drivers having a bad connection. It could be related too?
    10-24-14 04:14 PM
    Some people had reported issues with USB 3.0 and Blackberry drivers having a bad connection. It could be related too?
    Now that you say that, I think it has been USB 3.0 ports that I have been using. I'll switch to a 2.0 and see if that makes a difference.
    10-24-14 05:28 PM
    Hi sacha,

Any chance you can include an option to select the language in sachesi? Now it seems to set the language to the one Windows is using...

Keep up the excellent work!

Cheers
    TGD66

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:50 PM
    sachesi is now downloading the files on my mac. but i cannot find the downloaded files.
    10-25-14 04:52 AM
    @xsacha Can you add an option to choose output folder? I don't want Sachesi to put files on my beautiful Linux desktop

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    10-25-14 05:50 AM
    @xsacha Can you add an option to choose output folder? I don't want Sachesi to put files on my beautiful Linux desktop

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    Sure. There was a version where I just automatically put it to desktop but people complained. I guess I will work out a way to let people choose output dir . Maybe a global settings tab.
    10-25-14 01:46 PM
    im not really sure... im assuming that makes a difference?....
    10-25-14 06:00 PM
    Am I missing something or Sachesi app (BlackBerry World) now has Version Lookup?

Change log on update only says new Icon.
    The changelog is very much on purpose. I've submitted a lot of things to BBWorld and what I've learnt is that a changelog is an app reviewer's checklist.
    10-25-14 06:19 PM
    Got a small problem with shared quazip. The compiler complain and won't link. I'm gonna gives you the output after I came back on my PC

Here is what I remember : "error: undefined reference to 'QuaZipNewInfo::setPermission(QFlags<QFileDevice:: Permission'"

Full output, preprocessed file and more info will be here soon

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    10-26-14 12:54 AM
    I seem to be experiencing a problem. Sorry late night, I'll recheck and update post in the morning. It was either 1.9.9, 2.0 alpha or both.

Type the wrong password into sachesi = it "accepts" the password (and loads to the install tab. Obviously it won't actually install anything or show installed apps)

Scenario, I was updating someone's phone and it kept skipping the password prompt. In order to type the password, I had to open sachesi while the phone was disconnected

OS 10.3.1.938: destructive 821 > upgrade 800 > upgrade 938
    10-26-14 01:12 AM
    Got a small problem with shared quazip. The compiler complain and won't link. I'm gonna gives you the output after I came back on my PC

Here is what I remember : "error: undefined reference to 'QuaZipNewInfo::setPermission(QFlags<QFileDevice:: Permission'"
    Sounds like you are compiling a version that doesn't have 'setPermission'. I updated the QuaZip recently to extra features like this. Prior to this, you'd have to set the flags manually.

I seem to be experiencing a problem. Sorry late night, I'll recheck and update post in the morning. It was either 1.9.9, 2.0 alpha or both.

Type the wrong password into sachesi = it "accepts" the password (and loads to the install tab. Obviously it won't actually install anything or show installed apps)
    Interesting. It should pop back out when the login fails. I'll make sure it disconnects properly. Thanks!
    10-26-14 04:45 AM
    Windows 7 64 bit - Sachesi 1.9.4 or 1.9.9 or 2.0 - all of them give me this error 99 (connection timed out). Have unzipped the file into a folder and has all 3 dll files in it, ran sachesi as an administrator, ensured that firewall is classifying sachesi as trusted and allows to connect to the net - lastly ensured that the net is working. Tried disabling the antivirus / firewall and run sachesi - however the same error. Surprisingly Sachesi 1.2.1 works perfectly on the same machine.

Can anyone please help me figure this out? Need to update the z10... (dont wish to use autoloader).

Thanks and Cheers...
    10-26-14 11:25 AM
    Sounds like you are compiling a version that doesn't have 'setPermission'. I updated the QuaZip recently to extra features like this. Prior to this, you'd have to set the flags manually.
    I'm using the latest version of QuaZip (0.7) and
    SetPermission is in the header as well as the library. Maybe it's an another header issue?

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    10-26-14 12:48 PM
    Windows 7 64 bit - Sachesi 1.9.4 or 1.9.9 or 2.0 - all of them give me this error 99 (connection timed out). Have unzipped the file into a folder and has all 3 dll files in it, ran sachesi as an administrator, ensured that firewall is classifying sachesi as trusted and allows to connect to the net - lastly ensured that the net is working. Tried disabling the antivirus / firewall and run sachesi - however the same error. Surprisingly Sachesi 1.2.1 works perfectly on the same machine.
    Interesting. Don't like regressions
    Does v1.4.0 work as well?
    10-26-14 12:55 PM
3,576 ... 113114115116117 ...