Hi
    Can anyone please tell me how to go back to the original factory firmware using this program? I'm having a problem with my Q10 and I need to return it to BB with the factory OS!
    Whats the easiest way to do this?
    Just change the Country and Carrier to your country and carrier. Then change the Search Device to 'Q10'.
    This will give you the OS that your current carrier offers for your current device.
    You can then install that.

Otherwise, you can debrick using Blackberry Link and it'll also install latest OS (but wipe as well).
    HomeyJay likes this.
    10-17-14 11:50 AM
    Thanks, I'll do that!
    I don't remember seeing a "debrick" option in Blackberry Link anywhere! Can you tell me where I'd find that please?
    10-17-14 12:00 PM
    10-17-14 12:14 PM
    I'm having a couple of problems!
    When I use Sachesi, I download all the firmware files but when I try and install it, I keep getting an error that warns me that the Radio is not the correct version.

If I try and use BB Link, It says it needs to upgrade the software but says it can't upgrade because of an error!

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?
    10-17-14 01:42 PM
    When I use Sachesi, I download all the firmware files but when I try and install it, I keep getting an error that warns me that the Radio is not the correct version.
    What device do you have? Are you sure you selected this in Sachesi?

When it warns you about radio version being wrong, it gives two very important pieces of information that can identify what went wrong.
    Radio Type:
    Your Device:
    10-17-14 01:49 PM
    I'm using a q10 on vodafone in the UK:
    Here's the settings:

Carrier: Vodafone
    Device: Q5+Q10+P99..
    Variant: SQN100-3
    Mode: Upgrade
    Server: Production

Download for: Connected, SQN100-3 (Q5+Q10+P9983)

Then I click download.
    When it's done, I select the folder to install. Thats it!

I'll do it again so I can get the Radio type etc
    10-17-14 01:58 PM
    OK, actually worked finally!
    BUT, now stuck at the "Blackberry" intro screen for 20 mins!. Is this normal?
    10-17-14 03:07 PM
    OK, the downgrade didn't take. I was just left with 10.3 as before. I tried to install again and I had this warning:

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-capture2.jpg
    10-17-14 03:20 PM
    So that's a Z30 radio. I wonder how you downloaded that?
    You can try deleting the radio file in the folder and downloading the radio again?

Which Sachesi version?
    I just checked and it generated the correct link even if you convert links. But it shouldn't be converting anyway. Only thing I can think of is you accidentally downloading it for Z30 first?

Code:
    Update 10.2.1.2977 available for SQN 100-3!
    com.qnx.qcfm.radio.qc8960.wtr
    Last edited by xsacha; 10-17-14 at 05:13 PM.
    10-17-14 04:59 PM
    Hi Sacha,

I tested 1.9.5 on a friend's PC that has windows 7 in Spanish. Sachesi starts in Spanish, is there a way to force it to use English as the old versions??

The Spanish translation should be reviewed... I'll check it again and try to post some suggestions

BTW I bought Sachesi @ BBW.... I love the Cascades interfase... I found that searching for apps is tricky. If you search for example Angry Birds or Rovio only 3 games appear. If you open one of those and click on the Rovio Entertainment ltd. 7 games appear, 4 of those have duplicates.

Cheers
    TGD66

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:13 PM
    That's weird, I do have z30 too but I just put in the details as I said earlier and it just downloaded the firmware! I didn't choose z30 anywhere!

So that's a Z30 radio. I wonder how you downloaded that?
    You can try deleting the radio file in the folder and downloading the radio again?

Which Sachesi version?
    I just checked and it generated the correct link even if you convert links. But it shouldn't be converting anyway. Only thing I can think of is you accidentally downloading it for Z30 first?

Code:
    Update 10.2.1.2977 available for SQN 100-3!
    com.qnx.qcfm.radio.qc8960.wtr
    10-17-14 05:34 PM
    Hi Sacha,

I tested 1.9.5 on a friend's PC that has windows 7 in Spanish. Sachesi starts in Spanish, is there a way to force it to use English as the old versions??

The Spanish translation should be reviewed... I'll check it again and try to post some suggestions

BTW I bought Sachesi @ BBW.... I love the Cascades interfase... I found that searching for apps is tricky. If you search for example Angry Birds or Rovio only 3 games appear. If you open one of those and click on the Rovio Entertainment ltd. 7 games appear, 4 of those have duplicates.
    Vendor search allows searching for all devices and platforms. By default it is searching for 'Passport' device only in regular search. You can change this in Settings to what device you want.
    You get duplicates because the game is published under Playbook and BB10 separately.
    I could remove duplicates where ids are the same if that helps.

That's weird, I do have z30 too but I just put in the details as I said earlier and it just downloaded the firmware! I didn't choose z30 anywhere!
    Was the Z30 connected to your computer via USB at the time you downloaded? The default solution is to download for the connected device (as you can see next to the download button).
    10-17-14 08:10 PM
    "Was the Z30 connected to your computer via USB at the time you downloaded? The default solution is to download for the connected device (as you can see next to the download button)"

Actually, no. The z30 was nowhere near the PC and hadnt been connected to it since I updated it with 10.3 last week!
    Anyway, the installation eventually went ahead without the warning - I had to delete all copies of Sachesi, all other downloaded firmware, reboot the pc and eventually, it went ahead.
    Only problem now is that no matter how many times I try and load it with 10.2, it always stays on 10.3!
    Everything looks like its installing, no warnings or anything but 10.3 never gets replaced. I'm pretty desperate to get this back to stock now - I have to take it back to the store to be repaired (keyboard fault) but they won't touch it with a leak installed..
    10-18-14 03:24 AM
    You'll have to try the Link way mentioned above. Do a backup first because it wipes all your data.
    10-18-14 04:31 AM
    Unfortunately, that doesnt seem to be working either.
    I ask it to reload device software and it says it needs to update the desktop software. (it's already the latest one, downloaded today!) It then gives an error that says it cant update. Ive tried it on 2 PCs so far and both give the same error.
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-update2.jpg
    10-18-14 04:37 AM
    This really sucks

I suggest using the equivalent autoloader then. It's SR: 10.2.1.2977 and OS: 10.2.1.3247 for Q10.
    Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!CgBRFSwK!uhqWsB...kfY1K6z0Uku9N4
    10-18-14 04:58 AM
    Not sure about where to download them or even what to do after I have them.
    Thanks for the help anyway.
    Thx, im downloading now..
    I'll try and learn what to do while that's happening!
    Last edited by HomeyJay; 10-18-14 at 05:12 AM.
    10-18-14 05:02 AM
    You just run the .exe file. It's an autoloader designed by Blackberry to connect to device and flash it.
    10-18-14 05:32 AM
    Wow, thanks. That's just the sort of id*ot-proof solution this id*ot needs!! LOL
    10-18-14 05:35 AM
    That worked. Back to stock now and I can breathe out..
    10-18-14 07:19 AM
    Quick question! I have now updated 3 of my phones with Sachesi; are my "forever" save email settings still intact on my one Q10 and two Z10s??
    10-18-14 02:28 PM
    Quick question! I have now updated 3 of my phones with Sachesi; are my "forever" save email settings still intact on my one Q10 and two Z10s??
    Nothing changes with a Saches load.
    10-18-14 02:33 PM
    @xsacha
    I could not use link to back up my phone so I tried sachesi.
    I'm having issues backing up my z10 with sachesi. I've used 1.9.5 and 1.9.4 . The back up randomly stops. Also most of the time, it won't show what size Application Data, Data, and Settings use.
    10-19-14 12:11 AM
    @xsacha
    I could not use link to back up my phone so I tried sachesi.
    I'm having issues backing up my z10 with sachesi. I've used 1.9.5 and 1.9.4 . The back up randomly stops. Also most of the time, it won't show what size Application Data, Data, and Settings use.
    If application size generation is a problem, just don't load the sizes. This is the reason Link doesn't work.
    Backup 'blind' (without sizes) and it should be fine.

If it randomly stops, there may be an issue with your USB connection.
    1oo1 likes this.
    10-19-14 12:27 AM
    If application size generation is a problem, just don't load the sizes. This is the reason Link doesn't work.
    Backup 'blind' (without sizes) and it should be fine.

If it randomly stops, there may be an issue with your USB connection.
    I'll try another usb cable.
    Edit:
    I tried another usb cable but had the same problem.
    I switched to my old desktop and was able to backup using link.
    Last edited by 1oo1; 10-19-14 at 11:20 AM.
    10-19-14 12:30 AM
3,576 ... 109110111112113 ...