Hi xSacha, I'm using Arch Linux and I've built from source and tried your compile but yet still I get this:

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-screenshot-111014-20-51-21.png

It works fine in Windows however so maybe I'm missing something? It seems to detect 2 devices and maybe that's why it won't connect? Weird thing is, if I tell it to do a boot-info it asks me to manually reboot and then it will give me the boot info.

Any ideas?
    10-11-14 02:54 PM
    Hi xSacha, I'm using Arch Linux and I've built from source and tried your compile but yet still I get this:

It works fine in Windows however so maybe I'm missing something? It seems to detect 2 devices and maybe that's why it won't connect? Weird thing is, if I tell it to do a boot-info it asks me to manually reboot and then it will give me the boot info.

Any ideas?
    How come your running sachesi as su?
    10-11-14 03:13 PM

Any ideas?
    Does it work on developer mode (i.e. when IP is fixed to something like 169.254.0.1)?

How come your running sachesi as su?
    The 'Boot' tab requires su but that tab won't be useful for anyone.

You don't need to run as root.

Tried the Delta but i don't see any difference in the results.
    OK, it might require that a delta exists for the OS and Radio before it gives a delta for the apps then.
    10-11-14 09:33 PM
    Strange...I have 10.3.0.1154 loaded on my Z10-3 and used 1.9.4 Delta to download 10.3.0.1418. The install is going as expected (not using delta) on 1.9.4 but my phone still says 0% installed when my computer says installing 151 of 203.

EDIT: While the phone never registered the percent complete, it did reboot when Sachesi finished and now shows the correct software release number and OS version.
    Last edited by hennesseystealth; 10-12-14 at 12:10 AM.
    10-11-14 11:34 PM
    Does it work on developer mode (i.e. when IP is fixed to something like 169.254.0.1)?
    Exactly the same issue. It sees 2 devices, identifies one of them as a BlackBerry in Unix mode and then never connects to it. I'll see about trying it on a Live CD for Debian or Ubuntu and see if it's something to do with Arch and report back.
    10-12-14 03:25 AM
    Exactly the same issue. It sees 2 devices, identifies one of them as a BlackBerry in Unix mode and then never connects to it. I'll see about trying it on a Live CD for Debian or Ubuntu and see if it's something to do with Arch and report back.
    Oh now that you mention it. Arch linux doesn't assign USB devices an IP automatically I think.
    Try this (replace usb0):
    dhcpcd usb0
    10-12-14 03:28 AM
    Should be no problem if you use KDE Network Management, all you need to do is set USB connections to 'Connect to windows' - plug in the usb cable, no need to configure anything. (tested on kubuntu & opensuse)
    10-12-14 05:34 AM
    Oh now that you mention it. Arch linux doesn't assign USB devices an IP automatically I think.
    Try this (replace usb0):
    dhcpcd usb0
    Should be no problem if you use KDE Network Management, all you need to do is set USB connections to 'Connect to windows' - plug in the usb cable, no need to configure anything. (tested on kubuntu & opensuse)
    I'm using network manager, it gets the IP. It uses correct device naming though (eg. enp0s18f2u3).

I've just upgraded my phone using Sachesi via a Live Ubuntu disk so it's definitely something not right with my Arch install. I cannot figure it out and it's driving me nuts.
    Mattma43 likes this.
    10-12-14 05:50 AM
    I'm using network manager, it gets the IP. It uses correct device naming though (eg. enp0s18f2u3).

I've just upgraded my phone using Sachesi via a Live Ubuntu disk so it's definitely something not right with my Arch install. I cannot figure it out and it's driving me nuts.
    Try disabling Network Manager and use systemd to activate the connection with:

# systemctl start dhcpcd@interface

EDIT: Btw, try setting connection mode to Windows, it may work (work on my Arch installation)

Attachment 305376
    Last edited by alaviss; 10-12-14 at 07:54 AM.
    10-12-14 06:05 AM
    EDIT: While the phone never registered the percent complete, it did reboot when Sachesi finished and now shows the correct software release number and OS version.
    Wow, the phone said 0% the entire time but you now have a new OS? I have never heard of this before. Must have been a bug in the OS or something.
    10-12-14 06:58 AM
    I had the same thing happen. Just finished loading and restarted phone and everything is working properly and OS updated correctly

Had the 0% loading on the phone the entire time
    10-12-14 08:30 AM
    Yeah xSacha this happened to me also while upgrading OTA to 10.3.0.1154.

I just thought it was normal because you were basically tricking the device into thinking it was updating OTA so we didn't get the progress.

But it updated fine so who cares....

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:20 AM
    Wow, the phone said 0% the entire time but you now have a new OS? I have never heard of this before. Must have been a bug in the OS or something.
    That's what I am thinking as all is well today. 1154 did have some bugs but the ones I saw were keyboard related...
    10-12-14 11:45 AM
    I added it
    Hi, tool for windows which can be used for a possible italian translation?

Qt Linguist returns me this error:
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-qtling.jpg
    10-12-14 04:40 PM
    Hi, tool for windows which can be used for a possible italian translation?

Qt Linguist returns me this error:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qtling.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	305492
    Which version of Linguist?

This is 5.3.2: https://github.com/thurask/Qt-Lingui...s/tag/20140921

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 04:51 PM

But same error with 5.3.2

Edit: 6:25
    Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-6-25.jpg
    Last edited by alan0ford; 10-12-14 at 05:12 PM.
    10-12-14 04:56 PM
    Hadn't seen this mentioned, but I apologize if this has been covered...

For those using the program on XP SP3: has anyone noticed that the Install Folder option on the Install tab in both 1.9.2 and 1.9.4 appears to function exactly as the Install Files option does. On my PC, it does not allow you to actually choose the directory you've highlighted when selecting Open as it has in the past. It just navigates into the directory. Also, the field usually labeled Directory says File Name (probably the reason for the behavior).

It looks like the Files of Type field does not have a default option listed in either case, or any options in the drop-down for that matter.

Not a huge deal for me either way as I used Drag and Drop to install the directory housing the most recent OS, but figured I would throw it out there in case anyone else is seeing the same.
    10-12-14 05:52 PM
    Any bar file for 1.9.4?
    If I can dload 1.9.4 directly on to my STL, can I upgrade / downgrade it using Sachesi without the need of a computer?
    Cheers in advance for helps...

ODIN 9520 / 5.0.0.1743 / 1850mAh
    10-13-14 12:45 AM
    Any bar file for 1.9.4?
    If I can dload 1.9.4 directly on to my STL, can I upgrade / downgrade it using Sachesi without the need of a computer?
    Cheers in advance for helps...
    No, the device code that handles firmware updates specifically checks that a USB connection is being used and that the update request is coming via that connection. On device updates are not possible except through the settings app (which uses only your real carrier and device settings)

Features available on device include app world, extraction, searching and downloading.

There is a bar file for 1.9.1 and 1.9.2.
    VIP30 likes this.
    10-13-14 01:42 AM
    Hi xsacha. I used Sachesi to easily upgrade my Q10 to OS 10.2.1.3337 with 1.9.4 Delta (Windows).....first use and I'm no techie. Now I've been trying to do the same for my wife's Z10-3. I had a warning about 2 radio files so I deleted the qc8960.wtr in the original download, leaving the modified qc8960 for Z10-3 (now 158 bar files total). I lost my "select folder" page in this warning situation, so I dragged the newly modified 10.2.1.3337 folder to Sachesi, and it started immediately to install all 158 bar files, but without any progress status at all. It's been over 8 hours now and I have no idea if everything is on track. I did get a notice as follows when I just hit a wrong button: "Please wait for previous install to complete." So I guess it's still installing on her phone, but it does seem like an awfully long time. What do you think of this? Thanks for your insights!
    10-13-14 07:53 AM
    Oh, that's an odd situation.
    What do you see on the phone's screen?

If nothing there, just pull (it's safe) and plug in again.
    Then probably restart Sachesi in case it's some memory bug and then try again.
    10-13-14 08:47 AM
    @ xsacha: did you put up your Sachesi app in BBWorld? Just checking 'cause it seemed odd for a paid version to appear.
    10-13-14 09:18 AM
    @ xsacha: did you put up your Sachesi app in BBWorld? Just checking 'cause it seemed odd for a paid version to appear.
    It appears that SACHESI is a small subset of its desktop versions at this stage.

Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-img_20141013_232225.png

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:25 AM
    Yes,it has the BBWorld feature in it at this stage. It allows you to download apps that are not whitelisted for your device. For example: Z10 apps on a Passport or Passport apps on a Z10. Or, apps that require newer firmware. It also allows you to find apps you wouldn't usually be able to find.

I have added the Search feature in an update but it has not been approved. I'm doing one feature at a time so I can see how much Blackberry can bear. Last time I did all features at once and it was banned and they would not even talk to me about what I could remove so it would be approved.

Of course the free version has more features because it has stuff Blackberry won't approve. Although more time and effort is spent on the paid versions UI. It has a special UI just for Blackberry.
    Last edited by xsacha; 10-13-14 at 09:36 AM.
    10-13-14 09:26 AM
    This confuses me. I cannot find this in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:19 AM
3,558 ... 107108109110111 ...