I'm trying to imagine the response of someone born in the GUI era being presented with such an interface. I came into the world of computers when GUI meant chewing gum had gotten stuck on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I was born in the GUI era and was freaked out at first but now I even use CLI more than GUI. Ncurses looks amazing under Solarized colors

Like most apps, this one started off as terminal-only .
    So what was it very first frontend? CLI or NCurses? And do you still have the code so that I can use Sachesi without starting Xorg or Wayland?

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    10-07-14 10:50 AM
    CLI, it was called Dingleberry and all it did was root your Playbook and restore a backup. It wouldn't work with BB10.
    I didn't use any versioning system and I don't have it anymore.
    10-07-14 06:20 PM
    Got this to build on Debian testing this week. Had to install qt5 from testing/sid, libssl-dev and libusb-dev. Package names similar yet not identical to Ubuntu ones, which is infuriating.
    10-07-14 07:05 PM
    I need some help. I am trying to extract the "signed bars (radio and core)" from an autoloader to do a non-destructive update. However the option in the "extract tab" to split the OS produces a file type ".signed" how do i get it into a format that cn be sideloaded onto my device via sachesi?
    10-09-14 10:34 AM
    I need some help. I am trying to extract the "signed bars (radio and core)" from an autoloader to do a non-destructive update. However the option in the "extract tab" to split the OS produces a file type ".signed" how do i get it into a format that cn be sideloaded onto my device via sachesi?
    You can't get OS/radio bars from an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:14 AM
    You can't get OS/radio bars from an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    OK thanks. Any idea how they get the app bars or the debrick etc?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:19 PM
    OK thanks. Any idea how they get the app bars or the debrick etc?

Posted via CB10
    App bars can be extracted from autoloaders. Radio or OS bars require downloading them from BlackBerry servers, which 99.99% of the time means waiting for a public release.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:46 PM
    App bars can be extracted from autoloaders. Radio or OS bars require downloading them from BlackBerry servers, which 99.99% of the time means waiting for a public release.

Posted via CB10
    Last question... how do I extract the app bars from the autoloader. I thought sachesi could do it but I'm not seeing how.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 03:54 PM
    Last question... how do I extract the app bars from the autoloader. I thought sachesi could do it but I'm not seeing how.
    Extract tab. Last option, 'Extract bars'.
    Then just choose the autoloader.
    10-09-14 04:10 PM
    Extract tab. Last option, 'Extract bars'.
    Then just choose the autoloader.
    I tried that but nothing happened. That's why I tried doing "split os" but that makes 2 ".signed" files that I can't do anything with.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 06:27 PM
    I tried that but nothing happened. That's why I tried doing "split os" but that makes 2 ".signed" files that I can't do anything with.

Posted via CB10
    How big are the .signed file?

There should be one that is around 2GB right? You can also Extract Apps from that one.

The .signed files will tell you what is inside them. Look for the '%' tags. %User means it has apps.
    10-09-14 06:35 PM
    Will try again tonight

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 06:44 PM
    10-10-14 08:22 PM
    Well, my PC is from this millennium (windows 7 64-bit), and I'm getting the OpenGL error from new program.

The main reason for this requirement of Direct3D or OpenGL is because I switched to Qt4 from Qt5. The frontend didn't change, as such, but it made it much easier to code.
    I already have two frontends: Qt and Cascades.

I think that every Windows XP machine should be able to run the application, as-is. Those ancient intel integrated GPUs are supported and software GPUs (VMWare) are supported.
    As far as I can tell, the reason why some peoples machines don't work is because they don't have a Direct3D 9 driver installed. Note: This doesn't require OpenGL (which some vendors, such as Intel, never provided). Direct3D 9 should be available for everyone with a computer from this millenium!

The problem may stem from the fact that XP shipped with Direct3D 8.1 and some users have never updated the official driver.
    I don't really see a reason to create another frontend to support outdated (14 years old) drivers. If I did this, it wouldn't be to support Windows XP but instead to support Windows 98!
    10-10-14 09:23 PM
    Here's a question I haven't seen...if it's in here and I missed it then apologies in advance.

What is the difference between the two different naming conventions for the app bars?

For example, when using Sachesi to download sys.data.nuance_ve.ENU.ava it will download .ava-10.3.0.382-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar. If I download the app bars from someone who extracted them the same file would be named sys.data.nuance_ve.ENU.ava.bar

What's the difference and does it matter when they are loaded to the device using Sachesi?
    10-10-14 10:48 PM
    Here's a question I haven't seen...if it's in here and I missed it then apologies in advance.

What is the difference between the two different naming conventions for the app bars?

For example, when using Sachesi to download sys.data.nuance_ve.ENU.ava it will download .ava-10.3.0.382-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar. If I download the app bars from someone who extracted them the same file would be named sys.data.nuance_ve.ENU.ava.bar

What's the difference and does it matter when they are loaded to the device using Sachesi?
    Filename, that's it. Sachesi, DBBTool and BlackBerry servers all give different names when extracting/downloading the bar file, based on how they were coded.
    10-10-14 11:10 PM
    Well, my PC is from this millennium (windows 7 64-bit), and I'm getting the OpenGL error from new program.
    That means you didn't extract everything in to the same directory.
    10-11-14 12:19 AM
    Filename, that's it. Sachesi, DBBTool and BlackBerry servers all give different names when extracting/downloading the bar file, based on how they were coded.
    Ok, that's what I thought. However, that brings me to my next question....Why is everyone in the 10.3.0.1418 thread going through the trouble to rename and split debrick files, extract bars, then download the radio, make a folder and then use Sachesi to install when you can simply search for the default code settings (or even manually put them in since they're listed in the first post) and then download the OS for the connected or desired device? I understand why many want autoloaders. However, I don't understand why they're going through so much back and forth on what to download, what to split, how to split, where to save, what radio to use,etc. just to put it into Sachesi and sideload. Unless I'm missing something it has been made so easy for us by xsacha. It's 15 pages of head-throbbing reading over there. Am I missing something?
    10-11-14 09:49 AM
    Ok, that's what I thought. However, that brings me to my next question....Why is everyone in the 10.3.0.1418 thread going through the trouble to rename and split debrick files, extract bars, then download the radio, make a folder and then use Sachesi to install when you can simply search for the default code settings (or even manually put them in since they're listed in the first post) and then download the OS for the connected or desired device? I understand why many want autoloaders. However, I don't understand why they're going through so much back and forth on what to download, what to split, how to split, where to save, what radio to use,etc. just to put it into Sachesi and sideload. Unless I'm missing something it has been made so easy for us by xsacha. It's 15 pages of head-throbbing reading over there. Am I missing something?
    I don't understand it either :P
    There has been releases in the past where we don't know a carrier/country code and all we are able to know for sure is the debrick and core os. In that situation, you usually extract the apps from the debrick.
    I think those users don't understand that in this situation we know the carrier/country that has whitelisted this firmware.

By the way, I even added a new 'Delta' option that will only download the files that aren't already installed. 10.3.0.1418 is the first 10.3 release to support this so I added it back just for this situation.

Unfortunately there's no way to support 'converting links' with a delta request because the patches are based on the hash of the installed file. Well, I could attempt the conversion by manually modifying the link, check the link and then revert if it doesn't exist (which is most of the time!).
    10-11-14 09:55 AM
    Oh, I didn't know about the Delta option. I just opened Sachesi and downloaded it all for the Z30 without my device connected. I haven't installed yet--was trying to watch the thread for anything major that would stop me. Maybe I'll try it again using that feature!

Thanks for the clarification.
    10-11-14 10:01 AM
    I don't see the Delta option in 1.9.4. It still wants to download 203 files even with my device connected.
    10-11-14 10:06 AM
    I don't see the Delta option in 1.9.4. It still wants to download 203 files even with my device connected.
    I added it as a separate download because it doesn't support converting links yet and I was afraid it might confuse people. I also haven't been able to test it because my devices are on 10.3.1. The code should work fine though because I wrote it for OS 10.1 and tested in 10.2 and people have reported this version is working for 10.3.

https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/re...TA_Windows.zip

For your Z30, it should not give a delta for the OS and Radio (doesn't support converted patches yet). It would give the full OS and Radio instead.
    But hopefully all the apps have deltas!
    10-11-14 10:08 AM
    Do the dxtg files still need to be removed or has that issue been fixed?
    10-11-14 10:27 AM
    Do the dxtg files still need to be removed or has that issue been fixed?
    Fixed

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:00 AM
    I added it as a separate download because it doesn't support converting links yet and I was afraid it might confuse people. I also haven't been able to test it because my devices are on 10.3.1. The code should work fine though because I wrote it for OS 10.1 and tested in 10.2 and people have reported this version is working for 10.3.

https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/re...TA_Windows.zip

For your Z30, it should not give a delta for the OS and Radio (doesn't support converted patches yet). It would give the full OS and Radio instead.
    But hopefully all the apps have deltas!
    Tried the Delta but i don't see any difference in the results.
    10-11-14 11:08 AM
3,558 ... 106107108109110 ...