10-25-15 03:34 PM
42 12
tools
    Good morning, I've updated my mac with the latest el capitan. Also i have sachesi 2.0.2 on the mac. Sachesi is starting and finding the device, i can put the password in for unlocking the device, but nothing moves.

Sachesi and El Capitan-screenshot-2015-10-01-08.01.04.jpg
    10-01-15 01:02 AM
    Needs an update and Sacha is well, busy.
    zmsox likes this.
    10-01-15 01:35 AM
    After update to El Capitan Blackberry Blend stopped working, refusing to connect to the device. The same crap with the Momentics IDE though it doesn't need any drivers but only development mode on the device. Removed all this from the Mac, Momentics now works fine, Blend was userless for me.
    zmsox likes this.
    10-01-15 04:30 AM
    Me too, and also BlackBerry Link.
    zmsox likes this.
    10-01-15 06:22 AM
    Ok.... Then we need to wait
    10-01-15 10:13 AM
    After update to El Capitan Blackberry Blend stopped working, refusing to connect to the device. The same crap with the Momentics IDE though it doesn't need any drivers but only development mode on the device. Removed all this from the Mac, Momentics now works fine, Blend was userless for me.

Blackberry Link and Sachesi does not work after the update but Blend works for me
    10-07-15 05:50 AM
    I am not sure how to get Sachesi to work for El Capitan. Anyone know what's going on? It looks like it doesn't like what it is doing due to tougher security?

Did they change something regarding USB communications?

Even compiling in El Capitan with latest of everything doesn't fix it and it doesn't provide any errors or information.

I am quite annoyed at Apple breaking OSX apps with every release. I already had to re-make for previous release and had to deprecate anything older than 10.6.
    Uzi likes this.
    10-08-15 10:51 AM
    I am not sure how to get Sachesi to work for El Capitan. Anyone know what's going on? It looks like it doesn't like what it is doing due to tougher security?
    Welcome back!
    10-08-15 10:53 AM
    Sorry, I haven't been on here much since someone told me BB10 was being discontinued and they banned all my BB accounts. PM me for new BBM.
    nah.uhh and Mecca EL like this.
    10-08-15 11:08 AM

Did they change something regarding USB communications?

Even compiling in El Capitan with latest of everything doesn't fix it and it doesn't provide any errors or information.

I am quite annoyed at Apple breaking OSX apps with every release. I already had to re-make for previous release and had to deprecate anything older than 10.6.
    I've been using El Capitan for a couple months, and am now on 10.11.1 Beta, latest version.

My observation is that with Sachesi sometimes it picks up the USB and sometimes not. Also, as others have said, Blend and Link give me problems on EC, as well.

I've got both a Z10 and a Passport SE and have had the experience that one will work and the other won't, at random, almost But it is so unpredictable that I just go to my Parallels Windows 10 VM and use Sachesi there. It's interesting that the USB always works on the VM (except for doing an autoloader, but that has never worked on any VM, Parallels or Fusion, from XP to Win 7 to Win 10), because the VM is, of course, still using the OS X system.

This may or may not help in figuring things out. Feel free to PM me if you want me to fool around with it more and report back.
    Last edited by KenV54; 10-08-15 at 12:12 PM.
    10-08-15 11:15 AM
    Sorry, I haven't been on here much since someone told me BB10 was being discontinued and they banned all my BB accounts. PM me for new BBM.
    You haven't missed much. The same clueless questions and whining. Plenty of doom and gloom as BB10 gets flushed down the Privy.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    HotFix likes this.
    10-09-15 04:18 PM
    1. uninstall the bb link
    2. reboot
    3. try Sachesi again

it works for me, give it a try
    my env : 10.11 EI Capitan & Sachesi 2.0.2
    10-10-15 08:55 AM
    1. uninstall the bb link
    2. reboot
    3. try Sachesi again

it works for me, give it a try
    my env : 10.11 EI Capitan & Sachesi 2.0.2
    I've done this multiple times--no luck.

As I said on a previous post in this thread, both Sachesi and Link work intermittently or randomly under El Capitan. There must be something about the USB connection and BlackBerry devices in EC, and I don't know how to sort that out.
    10-10-15 09:12 AM
    I have also noticed that PeerManager process from BlackBerry consumes lot of CPU cycles reducing the battery lifetime. So no more using this crapware.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 11:20 AM
    See my post on the thread about Link and El Capitan.

I created an El Capitan VM in Parallels, loaded Sachesi and Link, and they both work in the VM. I've attached the screenshot of Link. You can take my word for it with Sachesi.
    Attached Thumbnails Sachesi and El Capitan-link.jpg  
    zmsox likes this.
    10-10-15 12:23 PM
    This is a followup. I did a clean install of El Capitan on my HD, and both Sachesi and Link recognized the Passport. Then I restored just my user files and applications from Time Machine, and the USB recognition was broken again. I don't understand it, because the problem isn't with my User settings. I can create a new user, log into that, and it still doesn't work. And restoring User and Applications doesn't really mess with the OS, per se.

So, the answer is in this information, somehow, but I don't know how to find it, and will have to wait until BlackBerry figures out how to make Link work with El Capitan. That may not fix things with Sachesi, however.
    10-11-15 01:28 PM
    Sachesi working now! Got my BlackBerry link and blend working too.

 SE Passport
    zmsox likes this.
    10-11-15 04:26 PM
    Sachesi working now! Got my BlackBerry link and blend working too.

 SE Passport
    How did you do it or what did you do? I've found that Link will occasionally work in El Capitan, and with my fresh install of the EC virtual machine it'll work, but that's it for me. I've tried uninstalling Link and reinstalling multiple times, even tried the driver install as recommended in another thread, but this hasn't worked.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:08 PM
    I spent a lot of time on this today. Removed all traces of BlackBerry software, preferences, drivers, everything, with reboots, and still no go. With everything gone, the Mac sees the BlackBerry as an ethernet device, not USB, even when wifi is off. It then asks to load drivers, goes and gets old Link software via the Internet on the Mac, you hit Start.dmg from the BlackBerry virtual CD, and it loads them in, but still no go w either Sachesi or Link. And remember, Sachesi works on a fresh install of El Capitan before any BlackBerry stuff even comes near the computer, and Sachesi doesn't require BlackBerry software, anyway, as I recall.

Something is blocking USB recognition of the BlackBerry in El Capitan between the time of a fresh or clean install of EC on an erased HD and the time in which old user files or other files are loaded in. A kext fle or something, because Sachesi doesn't even work in Mac Safe Mode in which all 3rd party programs are excluded unless you run them.

Sacha, are you still following this?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 12:44 AM
    I've done this multiple times--no luck.

As I said on a previous post in this thread, both Sachesi and Link work intermittently or randomly under El Capitan. There must be something about the USB connection and BlackBerry devices in EC, and I don't know how to sort that out.
    I mean uninstall bb link and don't install it.

I only install blend and sachesi, then it works, may be bb link conflict with sth.
    Last edited by netcookies; 10-12-15 at 09:39 AM.
    10-12-15 09:25 AM
    I mean uninstall bb link and don't install it.

I only install blend and sachesi, then it works, may be bb link conflict with sth.
    As I just posted on the other related thread, I believe this has nothing to do with Link, per se.
    I believe this to be a USB connection problem in /my/case, and nothing to do with the Passport or with Link or Blend. As I've said, with a clean, fresh install of El Capitan on either a freshly formatted HD or on a Parallels OS X El Capitan virtual machine, the USB connection works, along with Blend, Link and Sachesi. These systems have never seen any BlackBerry software. I've looked at System Preferences/Network, and when it's working, the BlackBerry is listed as connected and has its own IP address. But once I restore anything from previous installations, say, via Time Machine, it breaks, and looking under Network the BlackBerry is not connected. Also, my understanding is that Sachesi, version 2.02, does not depend upon or use BlackBerry drivers, per se.

Looking on the internet, there have been various problems reported with USB devices not connecting in El Capitan, even the late stable versions. I believe, based upon the troubleshooting I've done, that in my case it's a problem with EC and/or my MacBook, not with either Blend/Link or with the phone device itself.

Edit: this gets more bizarre with every step. I checked the loaded kext files (non-Apple) and saw that Parallels was loading a VPN Kext file or something to that effect. Nothing else showed up that seemed to be related. So I uninstalled Parallels, rebooted, and suddenly Sachesi was connecting. I then reinstalled Parallels, and it is still connecting. Also, under Network, the BlackBerry device now shows as connected with an IP address and everything.The problem is/was /apparently/ some sort of interference with the USB connection of the Passport from Parallels.

Meanwhile, I can now install and use Blend, but the Mac Link "failed to install" and won't install, even after removing everything related to BB in the libraries, etc., and trying several times, even using a new DL of the Blend/Link installer. But I do have Sachesi working again.
    Last edited by KenV54; 10-12-15 at 12:15 PM. Reason: More information
    10-12-15 10:28 AM
    How did you do it or what did you do? I've found that Link will occasionally work in El Capitan, and with my fresh install of the EC virtual machine it'll work, but that's it for me. I've tried uninstalling Link and reinstalling multiple times, even tried the driver install as recommended in another thread, but this hasn't worked.

Posted via CB10
    After El Capitan update, my blend was working but link was not.

All I did was uninstall sachesi, uninstall BlackBerry link and blend, restart, reinstall BlackBerry link and blend, restart, check if program working (negative), uninstall BlackBerry link and blend, restart, reinstall BlackBerry link and blend, finally it worked! Installed Sachesi 2.0.3 and that worked too!

 SE Passport
    KenV54 likes this.
    10-12-15 02:35 PM
    After El Capitan update, my blend was working but link was not.

All I did was uninstall sachesi, uninstall BlackBerry link and blend, restart, reinstall BlackBerry link and blend, restart, check if program working (negative), uninstall BlackBerry link and blend, restart, reinstall BlackBerry link and blend, finally it worked! Installed Sachesi 2.0.3 and that worked too!

 SE Passport
    I did all that, too, and I couldn't figure out what was going wrong. So I decided to start from scratch.

I combed through all the system and user Library sites, Application directories, preferences, launch demon directories, everything, including a Spotlite search for BlackBerry, which uncovered some BB files in "Lost and Found." I deleted /everything/, rebooted, and some of the BlackBerry stuff popped up again. So I looked in all these places again, found some lingering BB stuff, deleted it, emptied Trash, and rebooted. I even booted into Mac Safe Mode first, which is supposed to clean the system caches.

As mentioned above, I had uninstalled Parallels and reinstalled it earlier--that seemed to fix the Sachesi issue. But Sachesi is dependent only upon recognition of the BB Device USB, not anything in Link, so far as I know, and so far as Sacha says.

Then, on booting up again, Sachesi worked (both 2.02 and 2.03). I then installed Blend and Link, rebooted, and both worked first time.

Bottom line, this is the first time in months, since I started with the El Capitan beta previews, that I have had everything--Sachesi, Link, and Blend all working. Whether it will stay that way is another question.
    10-12-15 04:36 PM
    I did all that, too, and I couldn't figure out what was going wrong. So I decided to start from scratch.

I combed through all the system and user Library sites, Application directories, preferences, launch demon directories, everything, including a Spotlite search for BlackBerry, which uncovered some BB files in "Lost and Found." I deleted /everything/, rebooted, and some of the BlackBerry stuff popped up again. So I looked in all these places again, found some lingering BB stuff, deleted it, emptied Trash, and rebooted. I even booted into Mac Safe Mode first, which is supposed to clean the system caches.

As mentioned above, I had uninstalled Parallels and reinstalled it earlier--that seemed to fix the Sachesi issue. But Sachesi is dependent only upon recognition of the BB Device USB, not anything in Link, so far as I know, and so far as Sacha says.

Then, on booting up again, Sachesi worked (both 2.02 and 2.03). I then installed Blend and Link, rebooted, and both worked first time.

Bottom line, this is the first time in months, since I started with the El Capitan beta previews, that I have had everything--Sachesi, Link, and Blend all working. Whether it will stay that way is another question.
    Have you tried fiddling with "Access using USB" in Storage and Access.

I can't seem to recollect well but after the restarts and uninstalls, I might have put my device in USB mass storage mode (it was a mistake), and upon turning off that option with link open might have done something, I really don't know!

 SE Passport
    10-13-15 07:22 AM
    Sacha, are you still following this?
    Still following but not sure what to do. I only have a Mac VM - it's not my primary.
    What I can tell you about the setup for Sachesi OSX:
    1) It doesn't require any drivers.
    2) It requires the device/computer to establish a network connection. That is, the device has to be assigned an IP, as it is on Windows and Linux too.
    3) Due to me not using it as my primary, the VM is essentially still in a 'fresh install' state, so I haven't been able to reproduce anyones issues. I have not installed *any* Blackberry software on my VM. So that's no Blend or Link.
    blackbird666 and KenV54 like this.
    10-13-15 07:45 AM
42 12