Hi,

Both software are able to look for released OS...

Why not add a button to automate BARs download and autoloader creation for a given device (or all if you prefer) ?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:27 AM
    Because people should be forced to use their brain.
    08-27-14 04:41 AM
    And your's been kept cold...

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 04:44 AM
    Hi,

Both software are able to look for released OS...

Why not add a button to automate BARs download and autoloader creation for a given device (or all if you prefer) ?

Posted via CB10
    I do have a download bar button as does Sachesi. It'll download all files found. Of course that's specific to the one device, but that's all most people care about.

As for autoloader creation, other than adding it directly to the download I don't think it can get much easier. I allow the bar files that contain the OS/Radio signed files to be added directly without first having to extract the signed files from them. It's one extra step in Sachesi but still not bad.

Yes, I could theoretically check all files downloaded and offer the option to make an autoloader, however I have to say it's not worth the effort. As Bla1ze has said, people do need to use their brains to a degree. It's a system where if you can't get that much done then you likely wouldn't be into loading different OS anyway, you'd likely just be sitting around waiting for carrier approved updates.

I could even ask if you wanted to run an autoloader immediately after it has been created, but someone somewhere will accidentially hit yes and prematurely wipe their phone. Sometimes the 'easy' way is deliberately left out as a form of user protection.

If you have other ideas though, please keep them coming, I'm more or less stalled in development for lack of ideas. I have a version 2.0 about ready to go, but it doesn't offer too much extra in the way of features, it only improves a few small things, and the main thing is a few areas I re-wrote to improve my threading performance. And despite knowing how to do it, I'm not going to add the bar file installation. Sachesi does that well and I'm not going to duplicate that.
    mrjmc99, DLewis13, scaffme and 3 others like this.
    08-27-14 09:18 AM