Sachesi recently stopped working on ALL 3 of my computers, one laptop, two desktops. I backup my Passport every few weeks, so this is recent. I changed nothing at all. Unfortunately, I believe Sachesi is the only option for non destructive updates and backups on Ubunbtu, and I've been thrilled with its performance and lack of errors over the last year plus. The developer hasn't responded to my requests for help. I am using V. 2.02. Any help out there?

MODS: If there is a better thread for this post, please move it. I am desperate for a solution. I don't like Windows! I know this is a "niche" problem.

Thanks!
    Rustybronco likes this.
    09-29-15 09:51 PM
    Define "stopped working"?
    09-29-15 09:53 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=956835

If you want to try something else support for Ubuntu has been in there for a few months now, I finally got around to making it mono compatible. Just need mono package installed. 3.2.8 is the lowest version tested on, 4 is recommended.

There's many reasons why sachesi might be crashing though. A bit of context like what you're trying to do is always helpful. And specific error messages.

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    09-29-15 10:40 PM
    Sachesi still a great tool but you should try Darcy's BlackBerry Tool. In my personal experience with upgrading to the last 10.3.2 updates non-destructively I found out that Darcy's tool is the one that grant me the installation without having to remove the failed wallpaper bar. It goes smoothly and without any hassle. You won't regret using another great tool. I keep both running on my windows 10 laptop.

Sent from my Passport using CrackBerry Android app.
    09-29-15 11:22 PM
    Define "stopped working"?
    thurask,

Sorry, should have been more specific. Same problem, all computers- can't find (connect).
    09-30-15 08:42 AM
    Darcy's BlackBerry Tools - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

If you want to try something else support for Ubuntu has been in there for a few months now, I finally got around to making it mono compatible. Just need mono package installed. 3.2.8 is the lowest version tested on, 4 is recommended.

There's many reasons why sachesi might be crashing though. A bit of context like what you're trying to do is always helpful. And specific error messages.

Posted via CB10
    Darcy,
    I was not aware that you created an Ubuntu version!
    I will definitely give it a try and if I need install help I'll reach out. Thanks!
    09-30-15 08:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Darcy,

Sorry I posted this in your original thread too, but I installed all the prerequisites, downloaded the DBBT Tool you linked for Linux, and unpacked the .rar file. It installed the DBBT Tool to my desktop, which I cannot open (it's an exe file.) What did I do wrong?
    Thanks. Gary
    09-30-15 09:30 AM
    I get a message from Sachesi that says.

"This application failed to start because it could not find the Qt platform plugin "Windows"

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

Downloaded the windows MSVC 2013 X 86 runtime didn't help.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:58 PM
    Try setting static IP on your computer. If your phone has USB IP like 164.254.0.1, use for your computer 164.254.0.2, netmask 255.255.255.0, gateway 164.254.0.1 and reconnect. On my Arch linux it stopped wroking few months ago and this is the only way I can make it work.
    09-30-15 04:27 PM
    I get a message from Sachesi that says.

"This application failed to start because it could not find the Qt platform plugin "Windows"

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

Downloaded the windows MSVC 2013 X 86 runtime didn't help.

Posted via CB10
    Although I don't use Windows for Sachesi (I found it buggier then Ubuntu) something has recently changed. It was rock solid for me for over a year.
    10-01-15 12:01 AM
    Try setting static IP on your computer. If your phone has USB IP like 164.254.0.1, use for your computer 164.254.0.2, netmask 255.255.255.0, gateway 164.254.0.1 and reconnect. On my Arch linux it stopped wroking few months ago and this is the only way I can make it work.
    Hi Ivan,
    I'm not sure how to do that, I can change the IP on the phone through developmental mode, but that didn't help. Something has definitely changed- 3 computers, three different BB 10 devices, two different OS's. Can't be coincidence. Reloaded app till I'm blue in the face. It's a shame.
    I wish the developer would help out, but seems to be gone.
    10-01-15 12:06 AM
    HI, will try your SW now on a mac running el capitan

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 01:30 AM
    I ended up using Darcy's tool also. Sachesi would not work on my new laptop. Tried last two versions same error message.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 07:15 AM
    I ended up using Darcy's tool also. Sachesi would not work on my new laptop. Tried last two versions same error message.

Posted via CB10
    I've installed Darcy's tool as well. Only problem I'm having is something is causing the backup to "hang" when it gets partway through system settings. Same thing is happening on BB Link. If I can't do a backup, I'm scared to update any O.S.'s. Anyone ever have this issue?
    10-01-15 12:23 PM
    I've installed Darcy's tool as well. Only problem I'm having is something is causing the backup to "hang" when it gets partway through system settings. Same thing is happening on BB Link. If I can't do a backup, I'm scared to update any O.S.'s. Anyone ever have this issue?
    When it hangs does the phone still show a status of backing up, or is the backing up status window gone and phone is usable? Depending on size of backups there can sometimes be very long delays.

One thing you can try is type xyzzy (anywhere in DBBT), then press the start debugging button that shows up. Then start a backup and after it hangs click the button again to save the debug log. Might be hints in there about why it's failing. If you privately send me the debug file if it's something I can fix I'll certainly try to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 08:47 PM
    Or just dhcpcd . But static ip is much faster .
    10-01-15 10:09 PM
    When it hangs does the phone still show a status of backing up, or is the backing up status window gone and phone is usable? Depending on size of backups there can sometimes be very long delays.

One thing you can try is type xyzzy (anywhere in DBBT), then press the start debugging button that shows up. Then start a backup and after it hangs click the button again to save the debug log. Might be hints in there about why it's failing. If you privately send me the debug file if it's something I can fix I'll certainly try to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Darcy, thanks for the response.
    When it hangs, the kb number just stops moving. Then the whole computer(s) start to slow down/ freeze (no mouse control, cant open/ close the app.)
    The thing is I know this is a fairly common bug on Link for a long time, there are many posts, and it does the same thing for me on Link as well. It is frustrating because without Sachesi, Link, or your app, how can I back up my phone....
    The phone works after I disconnect it and let let the apps "refile" themselves.

P.S.: I will try the debug suggestion. Thanks!
    10-01-15 10:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi Darcy,

Everything was working splendidly until today when I want to update OS on my Z10. Tool opens fine, (I'm the guy with Linux Ubuntu 14.04 that you helped me get going three days ago.) But it no longer finds the phone, in fact all the dialog on the bottom of the frame with the phone model #, OS version, and dialog box to enter password have just disappeared.
    I tried to reinstall everything, no change.
    Is this something you have seen before and is there a fix?

Thanks!
    10-02-15 07:00 PM