Hi guys. My Z30 is currently on 10.2.1.3062.

Last night I decided to install 1154 using the Sachesi method in the op here. Before doing so, I ran a custom backup using BlackBerry Link.

I followed the steps laid out in the Sachesi 1154 thread and, almost right away, I got an error message in Sachesi saying "the install requires 2.6 GB of free space and you have only 1.8 GB free".

So I went ahead and deleted 900 MB of games so I had 2.7 GB free. Then I restarted the process. It churned away for 3 hours and got up to 173 of 201 on the progress circle. Then it gave me a "communication error" in Sachesi.

My Z30 is still on 3062 and is working fine, with only 1.5 GB of free space and all those games are gone!

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 01:47 PM
    As a fellow Calgarian i would suggest using an autoloader they are faster and better in my opinion, you can always still back up with link but if your making a big jump in your OS i would set the device up like new.
    12-08-14 02:01 PM
    I had that error all the time and couldn't use sachesi for a while. I wasn't one for doing security wipes after using an autoloader at the time. Then I did a security wipe restored from a backup. Now sachesi works great!
    12-08-14 02:37 PM
    Pat, are you not using an SD card? Or have you loaded a lot of apps? What is filling up your device memory?. You can get back a lot of space by deleting Language and Nuance Files for languages you don't use. I got back over 1GB of device space myself by deleting those files.
    Sachesi 1154 "communication error"-img_20141210_011826.png

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-10-14 03:18 AM
    Read these forums for how to delete those files...still need help, PM me.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-10-14 03:19 AM
    Yes I have a memory card, it's 64 GB and it's 70% full.

Sachesi 1154 "communication error"-img_20141210_111138.png

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 12:13 PM
    How about your computer harddrive? Does that have enough space to unpack the blitz?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 12:34 PM
    How about your computer harddrive? Does that have enough space to unpack the blitz?
    It certainly does. I'm just not sure what the right process is.

Plus, TBH, I'm thinking I should wipe my device and do a fresh install of 1154 to clear out what just a backlog of old junk.

Hopefully I'll be able to restore from my 10.2 backup once I have 10.3 to get things like my sms history, my bookmarks, etc...
    12-10-14 01:39 PM

Plus, TBH, I'm thinking I should wipe my device and do a fresh install of 1154 to clear out what just a backlog of old junk.

Hopefully I'll be able to restore from my 10.2 backup once I have 10.3 to get things like my sms history, my bookmarks, etc...
    You need more space, kick it up to 3GB or 3.5 and you should be fine, move some of the user files temporarily and that should do it.
    12-10-14 01:43 PM
    Hi guys. My Z30 is currently on 10.2.1.3062.

Last night I decided to install 1154 using the Sachesi method in the op here. Before doing so, I ran a custom backup using BlackBerry Link.

I followed the steps laid out in the Sachesi 1154 thread and, almost right away, I got an error message in Sachesi saying "the install requires 2.6 GB of free space and you have only 1.8 GB free".

So I went ahead and deleted 900 MB of games so I had 2.7 GB free. Then I restarted the process. It churned away for 3 hours and got up to 173 of 201 on the progress circle. Then it gave me a "communication error" in Sachesi.

My Z30 is still on 3062 and is working fine, with only 1.5 GB of free space and all those games are gone!

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Hi Patrick--I take it that you tried removing the extra OS's and Radio and maybe language files in the Blitz file and it STILL would not work. Is that correct? I see that your phone does have lots of games still in it even though you got rid of 900mb of games. I think at this point you may be better off with an autoloader, but remember when you do a restore to uncheck blackberry runtime in Blackberry Link. If you restore that runtime file you will lose the ability to run or download any android apps. This always occurs when you go from one lower family of OS (10.2.1.xxxx) to the higher OS (10.3.1.xxxx). To do this you have to drill down into the submenu of your restore in Blackberry Link. I am sorry that the Blitz did not work for you, but I think it really is because you still have too much stuff on your device. Hope you get it worked out.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-10-14 03:00 PM
    Patrick, you can recover some space by clearing the Browser Cache and CB10 app Cache. Also you can get back a lot of apace by deleting those language files. Need help? PM me...Do save (language 'root"and Nuance 'common' files with the "eng" files for both since you do speak English you need those. If you speak French or another language, keep those also)...Plug in your phone and use the Chrome Browser or Sachesi Program to delete the files. I got back almost 2GB on my Z10 by doing this...Also recovered some space by using the new "CCleaner (easy to use)app downloaded directly to my phone using Snap to delete unneeded stuff...

PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-13-14 02:55 AM
    DO NOT RESTORE FROM 10.2 to 10.3.1!! The code is too old. There is too much difference to run the phone properly. You will have a mess. It has been tried and tested by a few of us (including me). I personally have found that if you start fresh it takes a while but is actually quicker than doing it the "short (restore) way and then trying to iron out all the bugs caused by the conflicts.

PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-13-14 03:00 AM
    Turn off your BlackBerry Link software while using sachesi. It interrupts the installation process.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 12:09 AM