04-19-15 09:06 AM
92 1234
tools
    what does 10.3.2 have over what I have 10.3.1.1779 ?? will it get pushed to the BB purchased unlocked passport ??
    04-16-15 05:01 PM
    Funny how everybody - besides those under DNA that made a little testing and kept their mouth shut as this is/might be a very important improvement - can already forecast how bad this will be...
    Count the geniuses.
    Sometimes you hate (beta) leaks.

But, maybe, next time, the info will not pop in the forums. And those with uncomplete / lazy habbits / fake bbids or just the first timers will be stuck with a dead device... that's pending.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 05:14 PM
    what does 10.3.2 have over what I have 10.3.1.1779 ?? will it get pushed to the BB purchased unlocked passport ??
    It will get pushed when BlackBerry makes it official

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 05:56 PM
    Funny how everybody - besides those under DNA that made a little testing and kept their mouth shut as this is/might be a very important improvement - can already forecast how bad this will be...
    Count the geniuses.
    Sometimes you hate (beta) leaks.

But, maybe, next time, the info will not pop in the forums. And those with incomplete / lazy habits / fake bbids or just the first timers will be stuck with a dead device... that's pending.

Posted via CB10

Love Beta leaks, and love the new BBID security requiring BB Protect to be disabled before handing phone over new user or to tech repair. Should have been this way from the beginning.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-16-15 07:52 PM
    I like this locking feature for personal devices.

It makes stealing phones useless as you'll just end up with a paper weight.

For BES and corporate, I can see IT admins pre-configuring the fresh device with corporate email as the bbid and having the employee create their password when they are given the phone. Then they use it.
    IT would have a master/technician password for all corporate devices. Employee can't wipe the phone without the technician password. And technician can't just wipe the device remotely. (before you jump on my case, please read on and let me finish explaining).
    In the normal/positive case scenario where the employee leaves company and surrenders the phone upon exit: IT can send the wipe signal remotely but before the remote wipe starts, they need to enter the random string of letters and numbers that the phone displays on its screen. Think,blackberry blend pairing or some Bluetooth pairing where the requestor sends request, receiver displays validation string (that the user can choose to cancel), and then requestor must enter that validation string to confirm that they are talking to the right device.

This prevents IT admin from accidentally wiping my phone by accidentally spilling coffee on their keyboard. It prevents me from wiping the phone and messing with the device in any way (can't wipe without IT password). And if I leave and surrender my device, it can easily be wiped if it is brought back to the IT.

Now for the "device stolen" scenario where you have to wipe the device to protect company secrets: IT tech would have to launch super-duper wipe command (after IT tech's manager approves this action by punching in the super-duper pin number that only they and CEO know...or something like that where second person/higher up Auth is necessary) only then is the remote wipe fires and wipes the device without the employee (or the thief) having any chance of stopping this. This also prevents any and all future associations to bbid by this device.

If said stolen device is found, (remember, the device is super-duper wiped at this point), IT tech simply punches in the technician password and the device wipes itself one more time and comes back unlocked and ready to be re-provisioned to the next employee
    04-16-15 08:57 PM
    Unless something has changed, any phone on BES wouldn't be able to activate BlackBerry Protect to begin with. Security runs through the BES administrator.
    04-16-15 09:50 PM
    Unless something has changed, any phone on BES wouldn't be able to activate BlackBerry Protect to begin with. Security runs through the BES administrator.
    Actually I am on BES 10 and this is my personal phone, and Im able to turn the BlackBerry Protect on and off as I like.

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.281
    04-16-15 10:18 PM
    Actually I am on BES 10 and this is my personal phone, and Im able to turn the BlackBerry Protect on and off as I like.

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.281
    That's not the same thing. Granted, the administrator can set the security constraints for any device, but a personal phone isn't what we were discussing. I can't imagine any policy with a corporate issued, once this BBID security is implemented, being provisioned to allow Protect, and risk them having a useless phone on their hands.
    04-16-15 11:01 PM
    So, basically if you sold the phone to someone else without disabling BlackBerry Protect, you're actually turning a BB10 device into an android device to the new user.

Right?

Posted via CB10 on my Redbellion PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2708 with .2726 apps
    04-16-15 11:22 PM
    So, basically if you sold the phone to someone else without disabling BlackBerry Protect, you're actually turning a BB10 device into an android device to the new user.

Right?

That could never be upgraded destructively, or have full Google support. An android on crutches.
    04-16-15 11:26 PM
    That could never be upgraded destructively, or have full Google support. An android on crutches.
    Or basically you've got a Blackphone on you instead of a BlackBerry.

Triniboyfella likes this.
    04-16-15 11:29 PM
    Im sure there will be a way to release the device from a BBID, probably serve side before wiping?

Posted via CB10
    command prompt, nuke, wipe, install lower OS, upgrade new OS, corporatize the phone again, might work, around ....
    04-16-15 11:40 PM

Right?

or debrick the phone.
    04-16-15 11:43 PM
    command prompt, nuke, wipe, install lower OS, upgrade new OS, corporatize the phone again, might work, around ....
    It will still require the bbid password once it connects to BlackBerry's Network, plus if you have a password set it will ask for it before it nukes or wipes the device
    04-16-15 11:59 PM
    Even if you nuke the phone, whenever you decide to set it up, you will be asked to sign in with the ID that was registered initially because the phone's PIN was also registered along with it.

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.281
    04-17-15 12:27 AM
    It happen to me so I had to down grade to 10.3.1.2558 instead of the leaked OS I was on.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:16 AM
    It will still require the bbid password once it connects to BlackBerry's Network, plus if you have a password set it will ask for it before it nukes or wipes the device
    Even if you nuke the phone, whenever you decide to set it up, you will be asked to sign in with the ID that was registered initially because the phone's PIN was also registered along with it.

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.281
    Duly noted, may try that out one day.
    04-17-15 02:24 AM
    It happen to me so I had to down grade to 10.3.1.2558 instead of the leaked OS I was on.

Posted via CB10
    What happened to you?, did you need to sign in with the original ID, or?
    04-17-15 02:26 AM
    BlackBerry should give detailed option/tutorial how to revoke/reset/change BBID from phone > For those who do not want to use phone but want to keep phone for future use or for whatsoever reason. Or just want to sell it someone unknown in future.
    There should be a way so phone can be reseted again for genuine reason like : I have phone bill and sell letter but don't have ID details.
    I am the first owner have bill too but due to some reasons i lost or forgot ID and details.
    May be these are trivial points but matters a lot in small or not so rich countries still having good BB market.
    In simple words:
    There should be a simple way to divorce BlackBerry phone
    04-17-15 02:37 AM
    BlackBerry should give detailed option/tutorial how to revoke/reset/change BBID from phone > For those who do not want to use phone but want to keep phone for future use or for whatsoever reason. Or just want to sell it someone unknown in future.
    There should be a way so phone can be reseted again for genuine reason like : I have phone bill and sell letter but don't have ID details.
    I am the first owner have bill too but due to some reasons i lost or forgot ID and details.
    May be these are trivial points but matters a lot in small or not so rich countries still having good BB market.
    In simple words:
    There should be a simple way to divorce BlackBerry phone
    It's a first 10.3.2.x beta. Give it some time
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-17-15 03:20 AM
    I don't get how people don't remember their BlackBerry id or passwords, I use my email as my BlackBerry id so it's super easy.

Posted via CB10
    Paul86 likes this.
    04-17-15 05:25 AM
    I don't get how people don't remember their BlackBerry id or passwords, I use my email as my BlackBerry id so it's super easy.

Posted via CB10
    Amazing, isn't it. Yet BlackBerry has a whole slew of KB articles for this alone. They even go as far as explaining what happens if you forget your security question and response.

They really had to spell it out letter by letter.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-17-15 06:51 AM
    Amazing, isn't it. Yet BlackBerry has a whole slew of KB articles for this alone. They even go as far as explaining what happens if you forget your security question and response.

They really had to spell it out letter by letter.
    Maybe people are drunk when they make their id and passwords/ questions

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-17-15 07:25 AM
    Maybe people are drunk when they make their id and passwords/ questions

Posted via CB10
    It would explain a good portion of people looking for help.......
    04-17-15 08:17 AM
    That no longer holds for BYOD phones. But if it's a company-issued phone that runs under corporate-only BES policies, then you're right, it can't be enrolled in BB Protect.
    Superfly_FR and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-17-15 02:39 PM
92 1234